• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Lulu has a consisent negative win ratio in tournaments.
What are you saying? Do you think lulu needs buffs? I think she is easily one of the strongest supports right now.

And Nami is in a good place, i don't see whats wrong with her. Support is also a role people in solo q screw up since its a team oriented role
Scamp did a great job outlining her weaknesses a couple pages back, I suggest you check it out and see what you think.

i remember when ppl thought lux and lulu werent that good supports LOL
I remember a certain smasher saying that blitz was a bad support 99% of the time as well. :p

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, Riven is getting absolutely murdered. And is the Jarvan thing a buff? What's the advantage aside from not making %health stuff do more?

:phone:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm hearing knock up and knock back will affect Vi even if she is ulting..

Should have paid attention when i Lulu ulted my carry as Vi ulted him.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Don't knockups and knockbacks count as CC that she's supposed to ignore? Lol.

I think Soraka is still really strong, but also agree that she kinda got manhandled.

I think after we saw how she panned out, Nami turned out to be not as good as she seemed.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Vi is supposed to be CC Immune while rushing to her target. Will probably get fixed soon. She also flashes blue sometimes, that's a bug left over from PBE though.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
What have you guys seen of jungle Vi? I was told it was really good, but in the 3 games I had she did really really poorly in the jungle, and the 3 games of top she did either even or well.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
tbh the real question is why Vi jungle when you can Xin jungle is the real question. Only thing Vi brings over Xin is wall jumping, Xin can stick on a target compared to Vi. Xin has innate sustain while Vi has a passive shield which doesn't sustain as consistently like Xin. Vi probably clears faster but not thaaaat much better

What's The Point

Smash Master
Vi isn't a very good ganker. Pre-6 she is really bad. Her Q is a cap closer and a small knockup (Like Maokai Q but without the slow). Unless your laners have really good CC or the enemies are in perfect ganking positions it's better to try and hit 6 as fast as possible. Post-6 she has her ranged unstoppable suppression/stun thing, which can be followed up with a quick Q from behind for a little more CC. Though like Maokai she can be dragged along by speed or flash/blinks/dashes into unfavorable positions. Her main feature in ganks is with R and Es and Q all proccing her W she provides great burst damage.

So I'd say jungle Vi only when you have laners with good CC.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I think Vi could probably stick on things particularly well with Red Buff, especially with a bit of CDR. "Really bad" is a bit of an overstatement compared to other junglers, imo. Gap-Closing Knock-Backs aren't bad for ganking.

"Why play X champ when you could play Y champ" is always a terrible avenue to go down when discussing champion role. The "real" questions are how can you fit her into a team, or what team composition she fits in, what items work with her the most, etc.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
her role is to dive the back line no?

Xin does it faster and has an AoE displacement to make it easier for him.

Also question, should i go tear on syndra or chalice?

Skadorski

// s o n d e r
NNID
Skadorski
I was fed as Jax at top and I did negligable damage to a jungle Vi...
I don't believe she was fed, I think she only had like BC and FM and I couldn't duel her @-@

:038:

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Jax E doesn't dodge her E fists does it? If it does, he'd easily win that fight

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
She's deceptively tanky.

Today's been a weird day of ranked. Team got demolished by a fed Annie. Then won a game today as Heimerdinger. Day of underestimation.

AFKer's ruin games though sadly. *sigh*

What's The Point

Smash Master
Well something is wrong on your end. Vi has a ~10% HP shield but it only activiates once per fight. After that she has no inherit forms of tankiness or sustain. So either you just had terrible damage and/or she had amazing tankiness or damage+sustain.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Goes 12/0 with Yorick.

Lux who fed Swain on mid start complaining and getting us to surrender.

We lose match, I go 13/4. The reward in this game isn't enough, I need people to play with or something.

Player-3

Smash Hero
Well something is wrong on your end. Vi has a ~10% HP shield but it only activiates once per fight. After that she has no inherit forms of tankiness or sustain. So either you just had terrible damage and/or she had amazing tankiness or damage+sustain.
iv shield at lvl 16 is every 8 seconds i belive which is pretty low considering how good it is

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Jungle Vi's ganks pre-6 aren't that great unless you take exhaust instead of flash, that's true. The thing is she's such a fast jungler and pretty mobile so you don't actually have to gank. You can simply counter the opposing jungler until you're level 6.

As for Nami, I can agree she's a high skill champ but I think increasing her movespeed will make her much more viable without making her OP.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wait Nami doesn't need buffs? I beg to differ.
She didn't "need" them. At least not over other champs who imo probs need it more, where is that Karma rework?

But she is new so Riot will pamper newly released champs to make sure they are proper after release.

It helps her be more on par but she isn't a, must have buffs atm, looking at the overall cast.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
5 man teleport/homeguard is TOO fun LOL

Also the best strategy with Master Yi jungle
Lol that game was so fun. We gotta do that again.
Goes 12/0 with Yorick.

Lux who fed Swain on mid start complaining and getting us to surrender.

We lose match, I go 13/4. The reward in this game isn't enough, I need people to play with or something.
Hard to carry with yorick. Gotta play a pubstomp carry like kat xin etc. if ur worried about other people. Attitudes like that lux's ruin games though :/
this just in

just because another champ is worse means a bad champ doesnt deserve buffs
I lol'd.

Yay alistar buff. SO many times i've been ~just~ out of headbutt range Q.Q

Player-3

Smash Hero
it's a revert to his old headbutt kuro

because of gay jungle alistar they nerfed his headbutt range but now that gayistar is trash they can make him fun again

Top Bottom