• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Is there anything wrong with vayne or is it just other carries are better?

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
does anyone else find it really really really hard to play league after not playing for like, a week

i just got back from vacation and i try to play and i'm just like, completely overwhelmed by the sensory overstimulation and go 0-6

like ****

there's so much to think about that you kinda just take for granted when you play more

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Vayne is just harder to play than other successful ADs, so mediocre players do god awful with her.

I personally play better when I come back from short breaks.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Stopped reading so you can start masturbating?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Vayne is just harder to play than other successful ADs, so mediocre players do god awful with her.

I personally play better when I come back from short breaks.

Her win rate is worse in plat then in low elo. Fun fact.

Minus an odd spike where she was at 51% for a day

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
adumb you can point out stats all you want, but if you don't know why shes bad then its of no use to me

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
People down bot like to fight early these days, and Vayne is not an early game champion sadly. She also doesn't have a safe way to poke, which is a big thing now. Also she is hard

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Unless I saw the update video wrong, but Ez as top three AD to be nerfed-- but only nerfing flux and buffing mystic; isn't that more beneficial to ADC Ez?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Ezreal's damage as a carry (late game wise) has been subpar for quite a long while. His strength comes from how strong it is to **** on average 3 characters on the enemy team by 40% of their dps. That's his early, mid and late game scaling in a nutshell.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
adumb you can point out stats all you want, but if you don't know why shes bad then its of no use to me
Spellsy explains it better then I do, but bot lane is about discrete exchanges and vayne simply lacks the tools to win exchanges because she doesn't have any nuke pressure and is totally dependent on items to really do any damage. She also has no long range farming tools so she's easily forced into exchanges.

She ends up being very easy to kill or forced out of lane because of this. It doesn't help that Ezreal is the most popular AD carry currently and his AS debuff is particularly effective against her.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I wonder how good my normal ELO has to be before Riot gives people the option to watch my match?

It's probably really bad, though. SUPPORT ZYRA IS A THING, PEOPLE!!!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ez isn't that good still, he has a trash win rate.
Can't tell if trolling or legitimately don't know.

Ez has the best win rate of any AD carry. While part of it is definitely the buffs, people simply learning that maxing W gives you awesome trading is probably the biggest factor.

Her late game is fantastic.
If you get crushed in lane it only matters if everyone gets to 6 items cause the enemy AD will still be outdamaging you. Not even ~800 elo games last the 50 minutes for that most of the time.

I won't say that lane performance is the only thing, but if lategame is all you have, that just isn't much to offer compared to what every other AD offers.

ezreal is in 65% of plat games but only wins 55% :p
Lol shaya, enjoying Ez's meteoric rise?

The chinese were right all along.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When i said Ez has a trash win rate, i was basing it off Elo buff's 3 tourney events there..

Ez has a 24% win rate, 57% win rate and a 12.5% win rate in those 3 events.

Shoulda checked solo q though my bad

Niko45

Smash Master
Vayne gets crushed in lane by everything, particularly against junglers that are good at diving cause she's very easy to harass and push to tower.

Her escape is nice in that it is up every 2 seconds (as long as you hit something) but it's not very long and doesn't jump walls.

She sucks miserably at pushing so she is constantly pushed to tower and vulnerable to 3/4 man dive, and also is not able to punish teams by taking towers if she's not with the team and a forced engage happens.

Basically getting crushed in lane phase is extra bad in solo queue format.

Ever since I stopped playing Vayne I've been way more successful.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Anyone watching Dignitas vs Dynamic? hour long game ._. Anivia turtle OP

I laughed SO hard at the end of game 3.1 when Orianna moved her ball in the middle of the Dignitas team and EVERY SINGLE guy on Dignitas flashed to avoid the potential shockwave, it never came, which made it even more funny

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So I just made the mistake of comparing Sivir's stats to Graves... and he's better at literally everything except attack speed, which is further getting nerfed. I'm wondering why Riot is nerfing the 3 popular AD carries a tiny bit instead of buffing the underplayed ones a tiny bit.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Graves_the_Outlaw
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Sivir_the_Battle_Mistress

It's pretty ridiculous when you compare the two, especially the fact that he has more range when he's supposed to be the "in your face" AD carry.

But he IS a 6300 champ so lolol

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sivir has a spell shield

The problem isn't AD carries, it's supports. Riot nerfed supports to the point they can't save AD carries that don't have an escape. The meta has also moved to a strong early-mid game.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And Graves has a FPS reducer ;_;

That's my only real complain about Graves, lol. Sivir is still viable it's just that when I saw those stat differences, what the hell.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Graves spirals out of control late game if fed enough.
Mostly from, funny enough, attacking too fast from Quickdraw. Tankiness isn't all that bad, but it's annoying during lane phase with Taric.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So I just made the mistake of comparing Sivir's stats to Graves... and he's better at literally everything except attack speed, which is further getting nerfed. I'm wondering why Riot is nerfing the 3 popular AD carries a tiny bit instead of buffing the underplayed ones a tiny bit.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Graves_the_Outlaw
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Sivir_the_Battle_Mistress

It's pretty ridiculous when you compare the two, especially the fact that he has more range when he's supposed to be the "in your face" AD carry.

But he IS a 6300 champ so lolol
I actually ruminated on this a fair amount a few days ago on reddit/pvp.net. While I doubt it's perfect, I think I did a pretty good job of covering why escapes are a gate in the current meta.

Sivir is supposed to be an "in your face" AD carry too, graves is just better at it.

Top Bottom