• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
prob in the 400s

so yeah never use down throw.

EDIT:

I say that to say this dthrow is sheik's lowest damaging throw. it's pretty easy to DI if I remember correctly and very possible to air dodge any follow ups without much retribution if you DI correctly. Dthrow is her highest knock back throw so again even if you are using it frequently youd still have gotten better closer easier to trap throws if you had been decaying bthrow or fthrow instead. I c an't think of anysituation where I'd pick dthrow over the other three.

even uthrow is better, same damage but much less room to DI and less knock back giving to the ability to set up uair traps (that will kill at some percents)

play around with the throws or heck watch my videoes I think I throw a lot, if you wanna see the pros of the throws! (the renki vids are the bst ones twice the knowledge of any other fights)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
DThrow... Wow. Does it actually have any uses, ever?
For looking like a bad***, otherwise it's pretty lame.

Fthrow is amazing at low percents. fthrow -> fair or RAR'd bair is great, or for cool points you could do fthrow -> FH aerial needles (then I sometimes get a nair/fair or fast fall -> smash on the ground and it does so much damage lol), fthrow gives you a lot of cool frame trap opportunities.

I'll sometimes do bthrow and look for a DACUS on an opponent that DIs away. Not guaranteed, but a nice alternative. RAR'd bair's also pretty good, or if they DI up, you can bair them at later percents.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Okay, serious question, the hell is boost grabbing? I keep seeing it, keep telling myself I'll just figure it out eventually.

Judo777

Smash Master
Okay, serious question, the hell is boost grabbing? I keep seeing it, keep telling myself I'll just figure it out eventually.
It's essentially a Dash Attack Cancel Grab. Same input a DACUS except instead of hitting up and attack at then end you just hit grab.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Huh. I should probably switch my grab button from R then.

Now I have to consider Siege in my list of stages to aim for in the first match. And Delfino as well, though that'd be pretty dangerous seeing as it's MK.

9 stage stagestriking is pretty cool, I must say.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think I use Dthrow all the time. Slowly, I'm cutting down on it but my followups can be another Dthrow or at higher damages, an Usmash after baiting an airdodge.
Yeah I love nair/utilt/usmash (especially on big characters) after dthrow because they nail air dodge pretty well.

Boost grabbing is good for sheik imo (not as good as for Falco, Snake, or Marth though, but still good). And it's what Judo basically said.

Judo777

Smash Master
so.. instead of hitting the attack button at the end you hit grab?

how does boost grabbing help in anyway?
extends ur range a tiny bit. Just enough to GR infinite MK.

At ph1lny3 Falco's boost grab is actually really good. More so his reverse boost grab is great because it actually allows him to change the direction of his cg. He can CG on plats.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
That's what I'm saying, all those characters get like really good benefits from boost grabbing. Marth gets more CG opportunities from boost grabbing, same with falco, and snake gets some air release CG/dthrow empowerment w/ boost grabbing (like how you can only regrab snake's forward roll w/ it in the ditto).

Oh yeah, I can't seem to do dash -> b-reverse needles anymore, what's the order of input again?

Judo777

Smash Master
That's what I'm saying, all those characters get like really good benefits from boost grabbing. Marth gets more CG opportunities from boost grabbing, same with falco, and snake gets some air release CG/dthrow empowerment w/ boost grabbing (like how you can only regrab snake's forward roll w/ it in the ditto).

Oh yeah, I can't seem to do dash -> b-reverse needles anymore, what's the order of input again?
oh ok i misread you. And the input is dash (left) > neutral position > B > slam stick right immediately after.

sheikamaru

jive
anyone else have the habit of air dodging towards your opponent? or is it just me >.< it's a habit i'm working on breaking lol and rolling past your opponent too haha

Judo777

Smash Master
anyone else have the habit of air dodging towards your opponent? or is it just me >.< it's a habit i'm working on breaking lol and rolling past your opponent too haha
not anymore but i used to. Its a terrible habit lol

sheikamaru

jive
it really is.. like i'm not as bad as ii used to in doing it but it still shows up.... like.. for instance.. zss is charging her dsmash and i airdodge towards her -.-

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
My problem is getting out of the opponent's way when up in the air lol...

It seems that when I try to get away, they're under me with a crunching attack waiting :(

Sheik's air speed seems sub-par.

Judo777

Smash Master
My problem is getting out of the opponent's way when up in the air lol...

It seems that when I try to get away, they're under me with a crunching attack waiting :(

Sheik's air speed seems sub-par.
It is very sub par lol

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's just Phil Nye. You know, possibly related to a certain science guy.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
loooooooooooooooooooooooool

Yeah a lot of people mistaken it for phiny or something like that. I couldn't register as Phil Nye b/c it was already taken, so I just decided w/ numbers lol.

Then I realized I could've done Phil_Nye, but that's b/c I had a lack of forethought :p

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I remember that show when I was little...my mommy wouldn't let me watch it because he believed in evolution lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol

So I have a question, how do you guys use fair? It seems too short ranged for zoning or poking, but while I can sometimes get that effect where you can FF it and they can't reliably punish lag, I usually mess up and they can Shieldgrab it/hit w/ an aerial.

sheikamaru

jive
loooooooooooooooooooooooool

Yeah a lot of people mistaken it for phiny or something like that. I couldn't register as Phil Nye b/c it was already taken, so I just decided w/ numbers lol.

Then I realized I could've done Phil_Nye, but that's b/c I had a lack of forethought :p
i myself am a victim of this. :D
lol

So I have a question, how do you guys use fair? It seems too short ranged for zoning or poking, but while I can sometimes get that effect where you can FF it and they can't reliably punish lag, I usually mess up and they can Shieldgrab it/hit w/ an aerial.
i try to perfect space and ff the fair so against sheilded opponents so i can open up their missed grab and rush in for my own grab. or retreating fairs.

i jump over peoples attacks and fast fall fair and than i combo that in to f tilts and than work from there.
not everyone attacked can be jumped over... well short hopped over actually like game and watches dsmash ugh >.> but most opponents yea short hop over their attack and execute a fair to start comboing folks and peeps :D

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey, im trying to figure out the counterpick for all characters so im going to all the Q&A threads of all the characters and posting this. I would like for you to give me your characters worst MU and worst stage so it saves me a lot of time researching it myself and testing stuff.

I would really appreciate it if you all helped me out.

Hope to get some answers pretty soon.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
My opinion is that Zelda is very bad and shouldn't be used.

that being said, when I feel like I can sneak in a KO with Zelda I do transform every now and again xD

Top Bottom