• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Well, you know how you always add a frame onto what the startup frame it says in the pac? It applies to pretty much every subaction, and iirc you did it right.

I think the subaction is the one that has the name "catch" in it in OSA.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Well, you know how you always add a frame onto what the startup frame it says in the pac? It applies to pretty much every subaction, and iirc you did it right.

I think the subaction is the one that has the name "catch" in it in OSA.
I meant more along the lines of... you looking into OSA and seeing Olimar's grab. I haven't, so I'm wondering what subaction/routine his grab is so I can see it. Like I mentioned before, I have been under the impression that it's broken.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Yeah I'll check it, just let me pull OSA up.

wow, that's really odd, I guess that's because it counts the pikmin grab in articles :p
That's why I was confused when you said, "Oh yeah, forgot to add the extra frame when reading from the pac to the attack's actual frames" cause you implied actually looking at Olimar's pac, lol. I was hoping you knew something I didn't =/ but I already have the info so it's cool :awesome: I could go on, but this isn't the Olimar forums.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Yeah, I vaguely remembered Olimar's grab data, iirc the grab startup for dash and standing are both 11, right?
Correct. All of Olimar's grab collisions will start on frame 11 and generally last until 25 (with a couple dumb exceptions) due primarily to the fact that his grab is broken =/

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
One thing I found out that was cool about it though is with long lasting hitboxes like Lucario's you can "trade" getting grabbed by preemptively smashing or using AS when he's going to grab it will hit them out of it :)

not sure how sheik would do that though.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, except I'm not sure how, because I didn't think fair had that much of a disjoint, let alone any. iirc the rule with most aerials (barring some exceptions) are that they don't clank with anything aside from specials.

Think of ZSS pieces like they're snake grenades that don't blow up. I guess they count as a special because only taht character can produce them. Same with Peach turnips.

Like Bananas are an item that u can turn on/off in the item menu, so it counts as an item. But grenades/Turnips/Pieces are a character specific item. if that makes sense. Same with all the projectiles that TL/Link use.

Also fair isn't disjointed. I think you're confusing her with Peach who takes off her crown to do her fair, Sheik only pulls out her dagger for up-smash.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, I figured that it didn't have a disjoint. Although I still find it odd that it happened to cancel that piece's hitbox, I guess that was just really lucky timing lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Except it's usually pretty hard to do without disjoints because you have less wiggle room, I now understand that the armor pieces have the same priority, but I have to say it seems like quite the coincidence that the fair worked through that just in time.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
What Tutu said, it's how people record wifi matches.

imo it's the dumbest way to do it though because the infinite replay code is still fairly accessible if you really need it, and worst of all it nerfs Lucario like crazy because even when the recorder's dead, the stock debuff factor still comes into play.

buuuuuut Lucarios don't really exist in Japan, so it's all good lol.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Oh, so "Sailor Princess Twenty-Two" = Tutu?
I think Ankoku said you're one of the people I should listen to, lol....

hi

LOL

He didn't mean listen to me, just that I'm one of the few active Sheiks. I don't know much about the game, I just play and achieve mediocre results. Now that Kenni doesn't post here anymore (Is he banned again?) I'm probably the least informed person on the Sheik boards.

Hello.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
70:30 Ganondorf's favor.

I think ROB beats Sheik slightly, but I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for.

Dnyce

Smash Master
I always try to instant throw the gyro back at him if he shoots it, but if he glide tosses I try to ibomb.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
ibomb = invincibomb iirc, it's just the term that TLs used to describe when they AD and drop an item immediately afterward, it works well with bananas and gyros and the like.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Any good tip for a Person who Finnaly found a second person to play in this game competativly :D

Like is Dacus usefull?

I main pit and he cant dacus so all this will be new to me even though ive seen it a million times.
Like itl be hard doing it xD

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
DACUS is hard to do especially with tap jump on, but it's pretty integral to sheik's game as a whole, especially the MK MU where you can air release -> DACUS him.

DACUS is pretty situational though, you can't DACUS against very campy characters because things like lasers and arrows get in the way of you being able to do it.

If you find another person to play with offline, give each other feedback on playstyle. Make sure it doesn't sound like either of you are trying to get their ego on lol, just make sure to note what they did right, and what they could improve on, and ask the same in return.

For example, I've been telling my friend who recently picked up marth to try to space more in front so that he doesn't have to use Marth's bair to cover from behind, and that let's him save it for a fresh tipper bair to kill me when edgeguarding. He's also been telling me I've been having a dsmash habit lately :p

Judo777

Smash Master
DACUS isn't THAT important. It's useful no doubt and its always another option and who doesn't like that? But you don't HAVE to learn it. I mean its kinda like learning Wario dthrow cg or his buffered turnaround stuff out of dthrow. It is another nice option and it really can make a difference in some MU's but Warios don't HAVE to learn it to play well.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I dislike Ankoku.

Anyway is their any cool combos yall do?

I usually Ftilt combo which doesnt last when their at 0% so I stopped and only do it when their up like 20%+

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
DACUS isn't THAT important. It's useful no doubt and its always another option and who doesn't like that? But you don't HAVE to learn it. I mean its kinda like learning Wario dthrow cg or his buffered turnaround stuff out of dthrow. It is another nice option and it really can make a difference in some MU's but Warios don't HAVE to learn it to play well.
^This is the best answer tbh. It's nice if you can, but there's a lot of stuff you can do to compensate for not being able to do it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I dislike Ankoku.

Anyway is their any cool combos yall do?

I usually Ftilt combo which doesnt last when their at 0% so I stopped and only do it when their up like 20%+
I don't even know you o_O
Is there something you have against me?

By the way, the safe percent to start ftilting at is 30%. Before that it becomes rather risky because I don't believe you have the frame advantage to actually keep ftilting unless they're DIing improperly or something.

EDIT: Wait, now I know who you are, lol. Nothing personal, but it's kind of my job to infract people who spam every board and then make alt accounts when their main one is banned. You should be fine as long as you behave.

Top Bottom