• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

Dnyce

Smash Master
By the way, the safe percent to start ftilting at is 30%. Before that it becomes rather risky because I don't believe you have the frame advantage to actually keep ftilting unless they're DIing improperly or something.
You're half right - Sheik doesn't have frame advantage at that %... but you cannot DI her ftilt.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Then again I main pit so im use to gimping and edge guarding :3

I alwayse do Sheik chain as recovery with a quick back on stage thing.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I don't think that works if people know that edgehogging kinda kills Sheik's safe recovery options.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, I only try for chain if I don't think they're expecting it or are going too aggressive to edgeguard me offstage, otherwise I'll usually vie for saving my second jump and using an aerial to scare them off the ledge.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Uhh, I'm not sure how you plan to do that. Did you buy plane tickets to MI already, or something?

sheikamaru

jive
O rly???? Sweet ill hop to that! Its annoying when I accidentally unsubscribe and I cant find how to resubscribe through.mobile and I have to go to a comp to do so lol

:phone:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
What is the main difference between wifi sheik and offline sheik? I want to know which tangible differences I need to be aware of so I don't lean on certain strats/ignore others too much. I'd assume more needles and less ftilt locks?

@Degree: Might help with a few air release shenanigans, but Sheik's boost grab is actually pretty decent to begin with :p

Random Dacus is viable, d-smash might as well be a frame 1 move, Peaople suck at punishing f-smash on shield and needles are like unblockable.

GR-Dacus is virtually impossible unless you're able to guess the time that they are going to break out of your grab. F-tilt becomes like 5x harder to lock with you'll probably end up doing a jab in the middle or an extra f-tilt at the end, angling vanish can also be difficult i you're used to switching your trajectory after u get the momentum boost. I don't think wifi is a good place to seriously practice Sheik, unless like you have the patience to deal with 30% of your inputs going wrong.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Yeah, being unable to confirm whether your ftilt actually landed or not means you'll often be ftilting twice just because.

Actually you want to shield less on wifi, and spotdodge/roll more.

I mean if you're playing to win on wifi... if you're playing to improve then wifi is a great opportunity to learn how to fight people without being able to shield.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Can Ankoku become the Pit mod :(

Sure I dislike him but im tired of Purple doing a poor job and Ankoku seems cooler because I like his avatar.

sheikamaru

jive
Lol.... either way I hate wifi... I guess it could help one get better to an extent.....

You might even consider online the true hyperbolic time
lag
chamber

Hahaha! ha ha ha ha ha!

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The closest Sheik main to you is either Billy (if he still plays Sheik) or Ed who lives in FL. Not really sure how we'd play lol.
What is this "if he still plays Sheik" talk?

Sheik main for life! >:D

Edit: I dropped Snake a while ago and am going all sheik/zelda again. Makes the game so much more fun

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
What is this "if he still plays Sheik" talk?

Sheik main for life! >:D

Edit: I dropped Snake a while ago and am going all sheik/zelda again. Makes the game so much more fun

You better!

and if i ever hear about you playing not-shiek again. therell be hell to pay.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Just curious, has anyone checked how much advantage fully charged needles has when it hits the opponent? (not on block) I wanna test something.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i got better by playing wifi

but now i'm at the point where i can't really learn more about matchups from wifi cuz i get into frame specific punishments and good use of shield and stuff

now i just play snake on wifi lol

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol from my initial observation, sheik is annoying to play as on wifi, I do a lot of run in -> PS or jump right in front to bait with how I play, and the fact that it's all off means I usually get hit before I PS, or if I do get it it isn't a powershield and smashes go unpunished :p And when I jump I still run into dumb stuff because I my spacing gets thrown off by the time I get close.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Just curious, has Fino checked how much advantage fully charged needles has when it hits the opponent?
*Fixed*

No. lol, but what are you thinking about testing?
lol from my initial observation, sheik is annoying to play as on wifi, I do a lot of run in -> PS or jump right in front to bait with how I play, and the fact that it's all off means I usually get hit before I PS, or if I do get it it isn't a powershield and smashes go unpunished :p And when I jump I still run into dumb stuff because I my spacing gets thrown off by the time I get close.
Replace power-shielding with walmart combos and you'll be golden on wifi, lmao. I haven't tried her online myself, but that shiz is annoying to no end <.<

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I know it true combos into tilts, dash attack and stuff. I think it's damage dependent like all of sheiks comby stuff

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
the advantage on needes depends on thier distance from you as well the further they are the higher the advantage I'd wager.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Welp, I'll need to test it, but apparently the opponent gets like 1-2 frames over you, if anything :p (the opponent was able to put up their shield after being hit in frame advance before I could put up mine).

I'd need to toy around with it more though.

Top Bottom