• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Got a question! Sheik Q&A & FAQ

Judo777

Smash Master
the middle plat is lame...

hitting the ledge is important on that stage a lot of the time Its something you should put effort into learning. but you also have chain for that.

I don't think sheik really has any bad stages, some are better than others. and some charcter do better than she does on most stages. peach doesn't lose enough in my opinion on slanted stages to warrant going to them when you can pick a stage you are more comfortable with.

I like norfair.
Yea I think in general learning all of sheiks vanish angles is very important. Landing laglessly is too important.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
because your opponent is terrible on it. Diddy on norfair, IC on rainbow.

personally I don't think sheik really has any bad stages. She can do well on any stage.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I wouldnt take anyone to a junky stage that I'm not comfortable on, because either they'll have practiced it and **** me, or change characters and **** me. But if I practiced there... I wouldnt have to worry about those. (as much)

I think Sheik is bad on like brinstar, and other stages MU dependent.

sheikamaru

jive
quick question... mks glide atk... do we sheiks have any move that can out-prioritize it when we're on the ground as he's approaching?

Judo777

Smash Master
quick question... mks glide atk... do we sheiks have any move that can out-prioritize it when we're on the ground as he's approaching?
I don't think many moves in the entire game can beat it out you would have to have like a charge beam to do that. However almost all of our moves clank it. If you ftilt glide attack it will either hit MK or clank if he swing right when you do. Afterward you can punish while hes falling.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
only moves that beat out glide attack (or tornado for the most part), are moves with transcendent (i.e. space animal lasers) priority.

Judo777

Smash Master
only moves that beat out glide attack (or tornado for the most part), are moves with transcendent (i.e. space animal lasers) priority.
ehhhh not entirely true. Glide attack and tornado aren't super comparable actually. They are both considered special moves but glide attack only has 1 hitbox and ends if you clank it but is harder to beat out where as tornado requires you to beat it out AND hit MK at the same time. Glide attack does alot more damage than nado so its harder to beat but not as dangerous if you clank. Clanking nado (if hes off the ground) doesn't do anything.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
I would just go for the nair, unless you screw up the timing it will at least clash. Glide attack is longer, but I'm pretty sure nair is faster. Rising fair can work if he's not gliding downward same with uair. But if you're on the ground and for whatever reason can't/don't want to jump. You can vanish... but personally I would run away and b-reverse ground needles, since most MKs arent gonna chase you across the stage with glide. You could also walk away and space a dacus... But thats mad risky, you could also try to grab armor it like a pro but I wouldn't do that more than once and likely not even that many times. Vanishing is only gonna work against unaware people unless you do it in the air at them. And unless you can do the low auto cancel version of the ground vanish, you'll probably get hard punished, knocked off the stage, then gimped at 72%

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
vanish > glide attack

You time it in such a way that he can't glide above you and his only options are to land. you vanish the other direction or so that you laglessly find yourself on a plat or on the edge of the stage.

thinking of it like punishing a landing.

worst possible thing that could happen is he cancels the glide and sheilds the vanish and punishes you with dash attack. vanish is very very hard to punish if you are using it correctly on a few characters in the game can punish vanish on sheild. with anything meaningful (meaningful = not projectiles)

Tewx2

Smash Ace
If by correctly vanishing you mean auto canceling it then I agree except that meta can grab you instead of using dash attack. And throw sets up frame traps, which get us off the stage, which sets up for a mid percent gimp

Judo777

Smash Master
I would just go for the nair, unless you screw up the timing it will at least clash. Glide attack is longer, but I'm pretty sure nair is faster. Rising fair can work if he's not gliding downward same with uair. But if you're on the ground and for whatever reason can't/don't want to jump. You can vanish... but personally I would run away and b-reverse ground needles, since most MKs arent gonna chase you across the stage with glide. You could also walk away and space a dacus... But thats mad risky, you could also try to grab armor it like a pro but I wouldn't do that more than once and likely not even that many times. Vanishing is only gonna work against unaware people unless you do it in the air at them. And unless you can do the low auto cancel version of the ground vanish, you'll probably get hard punished, knocked off the stage, then gimped at 72%
all the info here is correct. However I would not recommend using nair unless you are sure its gonna land because using any rising aerial isn't a guaranteed punish because if he glide attacks at the same time he will clank and then land with you above him unable to punish. I recommend using needles or using moves while grounded that way even if he clanks ur move you can probably dsmash or ftilt him.

Also grab armoring glide attack is a bad idea simply because taking a glide attack in damage is always bad for sheik. We can't afford damage.

@ <3 although im pretty sure you meant lagless OR on a platform I'll just calrify, you can't land lagless on a platform from a grounded vanish lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can lag-less onto plats from grounded upB. think the angle is just straight up on BF you can also do top Plat on BF staright up really good against characters with bad upward kills or low vertical air speed.

vanish is a really good low risk kill for punishing air to ground stuff. trust me guys... trust me.

Judo777

Smash Master
you can lag-less onto plats from grounded upB. think the angle is just straight up on BF you can also do top Plat on BF staright up really good against characters with bad upward kills or low vertical air speed.

vanish is a really good low risk kill for punishing air to ground stuff. trust me guys... trust me.
I don't think that one is completely lagless. It has less lag but it still has some. Depending on the air time you get before you hit the ground depends on how much lag it has.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
When Sheik re-appears from vanish, she does a little flip, if you land before she finishes that flip it autocancels. vanishing straight up from below a BF platform will autocancel it. It's not lagless because you're in lag during the time you're falling but once you hit the platform there shouldn't be any lag.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I get tons of kills from vanish lately. I use it as one of my dash in mix ups. UpB just out of grab range especially if you note a sheild on reaction to your dash. I also like to use it in responce to people dashing in at me, kind of like a counter.

vanish is a pretty safe kill.

Kisamealex3

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know where I can find Sheik's GRUST kill %s?

Specifically Snake's % because, he is an absolute pain in the *** to kill.

x_x

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
snake prob dies at around 100 like everyone else. gotta remember these are fresh percents each hit with usmash adds another 10% or so before tipper usmash kills.

Judo777

Smash Master
When Sheik re-appears from vanish, she does a little flip, if you land before she finishes that flip it autocancels. vanishing straight up from below a BF platform will autocancel it. It's not lagless because you're in lag during the time you're falling but once you hit the platform there shouldn't be any lag.
No way. Because that means if sheik vanishes ANY height below the vanish cancel minimum height it cancels which it doesn't. There is one specific height that yields shielding imediately after landing. Otherwise vanishing just BARELY off the ground is lagless which its not.

Tewx2

Smash Ace
There's more than one height from which you can auto cancel. You just have to land before finishingvthe flip. It's similar to Olimars, if he lands before his head flips over it auto cancels

Judo777

Smash Master
There's more than one height from which you can auto cancel. You just have to land before finishingvthe flip. It's similar to Olimars, if he lands before his head flips over it auto cancels
no there are multiple heights that yield less lag but there is only one height that doesn't have any. I'm pretty sure Ank just posted a video on it. Otherwise ur saying that teleporting just an inch off the ground causes and autocancel.....which it doesn't

sheikamaru

jive
i'm not going to even bother w/ that salutus thingy.... it's bad enough that i don't have a sound dacus to work with i'm not ashamed to admit -.- whenever i watch other shieks on youtube they get it out at will practically. it's very frustrating and yes i know.. w/ practice it'll show up more reliably but just saying.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I personally picked up Sheik at a tournament Saturday, and within an hour could DACUS reliably. Just keep at it, you'll get it.

So what is generally Sheik's best stage?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If your shield is running low against tornado and he's about to do one, is it a good idea to run for the ledge to get some invincibility, or bad because that's a horrible position for sheik to be in (from my experience at least)?

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I don't think sheik has any really bad stages. stages that mess with her mobility and needle game are less amazing though. I don't like yoshi's Lylat, green greens or rainbow much I like pretty much every other stage.

sheik is fine on the edge. IMO because of teh chain she has a lot of power on the edge. I wouldn't intentionally go there against MK though in responce to nado's MK shouldn't really be able to nado your sheild and not get punished by at teh very least a needle. if he keeps starting nado needle will always beat it in response (at ground level) um... Jumping is a good responce too since nado has very limited options as far as movement and nair beats it.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Oh good call, I didn't know nair could beat it. I oughta try that out sometime.

The scenario I'm describing is when you know you've had about a full tornado's worth of wear and tear on your shield and MK's like "I know this thing's gonna shield poke you".

sheikamaru

jive
well mk is always spaming his dair... jump/dair/jump/dair/jump/dair. he's taunting you to come up at him in the air. stay ground and time needles which will make him nado torwards you then you grab one pummel dthrow and a quick upair for good dmg :D

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
you can punish mk's dair on sheild with pretty much any fullhop aerial OOS.

also crouching is good make him commit to going lower.

dthrow uair is not good!!!! fthrow and bthrow are better in every regard!

Top Bottom