• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ GOML 2 Tournament: TBA ~ GOML 1 Vids are up check first page! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo adnan, are you serious it is at Dufferin and Eglinton, that **** is 10 mins away form me!!! Woot!! Yo I'll go but I want to know at what time Brawl would be at. Also, I'd only go if it is on a separate day of Bug's not on the same day, as like many others would...

KingAce

Smash Ace
that is really gay how adnans tourny is on the same day.. o well what can u do righ... because if bug puts this on a sunday then no one will have money for 2 tournies in a row like that

KingAce

Smash Ace
well im gonna come to this and i think most brawlers would because this event is only for brawl and its gonna be big... i looked at the t9 info they have so many other games, the ruleset isnt even out and you gotta pay a $10 entrance fee to that too... im comin to this for sure

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Yo Bug, it's cool. T9 is most likely gonna get a date change and if it doesn't its cool since Brawl is gonna be on the Sunday.

I might be doing crews for that too. So yeah lol.

GI - It's gonna be at the Holiday Inn.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
It's cool though, since this'll be on Saturday. Brawl is gonna be on the Sunday schedule, so if people are down and have the money. Back-to-back Brawl tournaments.

Niko_K

Smash Master
So, for singles its 15 dollars and then we have to pay a 5 dollar venue fee ontop of that?

Also count me in and Im bringing a TV + Wii + Brawl.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I'm coming to this and T9 for sure. If I take my car I can bring a setup...but gas prices are really bad so I might bus over (in which case I will not bring a setup). I'll let you know the week of.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Honestly, T9 staff are getting *****ed for hosting their tournament on another big SRK tournament. So they might have to adjust their dates, lol.

No matter what date you make it, T9 Brawl won't interfere. Since it'll be on Sunday. Judging from all the Sunday love in the SB@N's thread I thought that you guys wanted Sunday, so I made Brawl Sunday, and for this tournament. The date is bomb, seriously.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Could you keep it the 19th please because Adnan made Brawl on the Sunday so you could keep it on the 19th... I can't keep taking off every other weekend for a tourney. Please reconsider the change of date!

Bug~

Smash Ace
but if i make it on the 19th, then some people wont come cause of other fighter games at T9..

ill consider it and give you the final decision like in the next week.

also, to the brawl community..do u mind if i keep it 15+5 for singles and venue or would u rather have 10+5

also, choose 19 or 12th -.-

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
Feel free to move it to the 12th... The only reason I wanted it kept on the 19th was because I was going to have people up to my cottage on the 11th-13th; I can move that date around easier then you can for a tourney. Do what you must!

KingAce

Smash Ace
yo i think you should maybe make it $5 venue, $10 singles.. but KEEP it at $20 per team for doubles.. the reason i say that is because if people pay $20 just to enter and for singles, they wont wanna pay another $10 for doubles and i think more people would show if you made it like that.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
The prizes with $15 dollars for singles come out awesome though.

Sometimes I swear it should be mandatory to enter doubles though.... I've been to way too many tournaments where people ***** out and then you just see them walking around bored while we play doubles.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Yeah really.. everyone that enters singles I think should enter doubles..! besides in my opinion doubles in brawl is SO much funner than singles, theres like no camping and gay tactics used in doubles. everyone enter doubles this time!!! and ^ yeah im not really against the $15 per person but if you think about it, you might get like 30 entrants who pay $15 each, or you can get 50 entrants who pay $10 each

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
To encourage doubles participation, you should reduce doubles price to 5$ per person. Once there is a more developed love for doubles, people will be cool with 10$ a person.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I agree with Chaotic, $10 per person is wow. How about those who just want to join doubles to play even knowing they don't stand a chance (like me!!) and are forced to pay $10!

Either way, I'm up for it but I know others wouldn't be.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
you people suck. doubles is so much funner than singles.
SERIOUSLY
I could play doubles in both games all night.... Hell I dont think I've tried in ssb64 but I bet its awesome.

lol David remember when we teamed in Ottowa? Getting seeded next to Vwins and Bam, and then going to the toronto corner of death wtfz....

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
So what day is this tourney on? Have you made a final decision yet?

http://www.progamingleague.ca/news.php#PGLOttawa

Pro gaming league is hosting a tourney that is supposed to be huge... It is in Ottawa on July 4th-6th... They have a **** load of games to be played. I really don't want to miss it so I don't know if I will be able to take work off 2 weeks in a row... Take me off the 'for sure coming' and put me as a 'maybe' if it's on the 12th.

KingAce

Smash Ace
for some reason that doesnt seem like its gonna be as big as ToS5 for brawl lol, just my opinion though because that looks a lot like what T9 is but yea that is pretty crazy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom