• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ GOML 2 Tournament: TBA ~ GOML 1 Vids are up check first page! ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Holy **** you're right. The pot is gonna be massive for this tournament. So Julian is gonna be walking out with loads of money.

Maybe even with a hooker or two with the extra dough.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL Wait a sec.... you need to keep Jungle japes as counterpick..... same with Luigi's Mansion....
There needs to be SOME levels that us non Snakes can escape the Utilt.
All the other changes are good though....

Also I think brinstar is a masterpeice.... but I'm biased soo.........

Pools for singles is awesome, but its not needed for doubles.

BuddahForce

Smash Rookie
I just advertise this torney in shoryuken.com forum so we should get some people off that because i did it before and i got a bunch of people at GRMO torney

Bug~

Smash Ace
Wow matt, thanks for the setups and help..I really appreciate it, and ye..Ill add a Staff list.

ok, I will change it to emergencies only..most of these rules I just got off Niko's thread and changed em a bit :p

umm about the pools..I think im gunna make my decision on pools or not at the tournament..man I hope we dont get a number like 33 or 65..that would suck..but ye, we will decide at the tournament.

good to see that you might come to this adnan :) especially cause this is a brawl tourney and all.

ehhh danny..thats sick to hear that your coming, I hope your snake improved.

I said i was joking about luigis mansion lol.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
I'll come if LM doesn't get banned.

I'll come either way but that would be s***y if you banned LM... Japes needs to stay because of what Nate said. The clap is harder to catch in brawl because of auto sweetspots and you can get out of the water. Good CP!

I'll bring a TV and a Wii.

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
I think pools can work out, it was done at Niko's, and we could do it just for singles since not as many people join for doubles. It will take strict timing and control but it can be done
i im not mistaken there was 25 ppl, which is an ideal number for pools, which is why i said, depending on the numbers and setups, it should be reconsidered. like adnan said, if the setup-player ratio doesnt look good then its suggested there shouldnt be pools. like grmo's tournament, there were setups, but in all honesty there could have been more. at that point we're only depending on ppl to bring in setups for pools to even be done

I just advertise this torney in shoryuken.com forum so we should get some people off that because i did it before and i got a bunch of people at GRMO torney
good to know the word is spreading, but for the love of god notify them we're not going by "EVO offical rule set" last thing i want is some newb complainging we dont have items or Final smashes on, and that we arent using evo official stages. god i almost hurled when i read their rule set

KingAce

Smash Ace
Naw bug, **** pools if there are more then 50 ppl man... remember @ Nikos it took forever for the pools to finish for 41 people.... Imagine 60+ people showing up to this... I unno i think you shud just make a straight bracket and seed people by location/skill. Although its your choice because if 50ish people come then pools shouldnt be a problem, just not for doubles. Doubles = straight brackets?

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Naw bug, **** pools if there are more then 50 ppl man... remember @ Nikos it took forever for the pools to finish for 41 people.... Imagine 60+ people showing up to this... I unno i think you shud just make a straight bracket and seed people by location/skill. Although its your choice because if 50ish people come then pools shouldnt be a problem, just not for doubles. Doubles = straight brackets?
your posts confuses me =\, it sounds like u want pools butu dont want pools <_<

but again it all comes down to the setup-people ratio. I'm just saying it doubtful that people will bring setups due to the lack of at combo breaker. there was a good amount but there could have been alot more considering the people that showed up AND the fact we went to straight bracketing.

also to people that plan on bringing stuff:

SETUPS DOESNT MEAN, JUST YOUR WII AND BRAWL, WE NEED TVS TOO

this is an issue in ALL tournaments, people bring in the console and game, but never think to bring in a TV. we dont own a TV factory, so itd be nice if people could help bring in TVs

Bug~

Smash Ace
Alright guys, lets wait for the tourney to decide on pools or not. If we dont do pools, maybe we can seed people off nikos and CB tourney? any thoughts?

I agree with matt, if anything..I can borrow wii+brawl from my friends around here lol...TVs is wat we need most.

I am still thinking of bringing my 56" TV as the "featured TV" with the recordings and for everyone to gather around and watch :D hype x100 lol

KingAce

Smash Ace
Matt I mean that if theres more than 60 people theres no way were gonna have time for pools. If theres less then 50 then yeah we could pull poools off. And im trying to say there shudnt be pools for doubles... theres no point in that imo.

basically.... 50+ ppl = straight brackets
under 50 ppl = pools

atleast thats what i think would work out so the tournament runs smoothly

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, lets wait for the tourney to decide on pools or not. If we dont do pools, maybe we can seed people off nikos and CB tourney? any thoughts?
agreed, also stick in alphamale results too, there's gonna be a few brawl biweeklies before this happens so it'd make sense to look into those too.

Matt I mean that if theres more than 60 people theres no way were gonna have time for pools. If theres less then 50 then yeah we could pull poools off. And im trying to say there shudnt be pools for doubles... theres no point in that imo.

basically.... 50+ ppl = straight brackets
under 50 ppl = pools

atleast thats what i think would work out so the tournament runs smoothly
again if there's enough setups to support it then it shouldnt be a problem. my only concern is that people are almost never willing to bring in the setups

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
If theres any item/FS noobs Bug will just kick them out, right? :p

I think we should get as many setups as possible to do pools. You get more games, so the lesser skilled players won't feel ripped off. And it properly seeds. Part of the problem at Niagara's tourny was that not many people knew how pools worked I believe.

Bug~

Smash Ace
lawl, are you coming?

let the item/FS people come..more ppl and more money for the pot lol.

lets just see how many setups we get first.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
The largest problem at Niko's was the fact that we were 1 setup short of the magic number.

Oh and of course you can never have too many setups.

If you do straight brackets skill seeding wont be too hard, especially since the PR will be up by then.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
If there is no pools then there shouldn't be a problem with having crews. It is ultimately up to Bug but crews would be a great addition.

GenER!X

Smash Rookie
I'm willing but, unable to bring a TV otherwise I'd have one along with my Wii+Brawl that I always bring.

Also, I feel there are too many things that can kill you on Pirate Ship especially when you're trying to concentrate on your opponent.

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Actively use an environment like pirate ship, instead of just passively using environment's like japes for high ceilings.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
************************************!!!!!

T9 IS on this date. I was gonna be the one hosting Brawl there too, so iunno =/ wanna change the date of the tournament? It's cool if you can't.

T9 is kinda sorta a big deal, and this time they got an actual venue too. (Eglinton & Dufferin area)

So yeah =/

Edit: T9 might attract random American Brawl players too, like it has the past couple of years for Melee.

Edit2: I'll get back to you on this, they might change the date lol.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
**** T9..... Last time was a joke and they gave us little respect.
If US brawl players come up they should just leave T9 and come to this tourney.

Engo

Smash Ace
************************************!!!!!

T9 IS on this date. I was gonna be the one hosting Brawl there too, so iunno =/ wanna change the date of the tournament? It's cool if you can't.

T9 is kinda sorta a big deal, and this time they got an actual venue too. (Eglinton & Dufferin area)

So yeah =/

Edit: T9 might attract random American Brawl players too, like it has the past couple of years for Melee.

Edit2: I'll get back to you on this, they might change the date lol.
:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It has melee AND it's in Dufferin Eglinton/Dufferin Area?

That's perfect for me.

infamousGK

Smash Apprentice
WTF, Hardly any tournies are ever on Sunday and now there are 2 on the same day...

Start having more tournies on Sunday and I will make everyone of them!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
If I did the T9 Brawl tournament on Sunday, would you guys still come? It'll be pricy I know but meh. 2 tournaments in 1 weekend lol.

As far as they go with Smash, it's alright. Brawl has much more respect than Melee EVER had from the SRKers. MUCH more.

I'd like some feedback lol.

K

koka

I think I can make it to this, but it's still pretty far away so not too sure about it yet. I'll try bringing along some people from Niagara and Hamilton if I can make it.

EDIT: EWWW, don't invite this guy who posted above me, he's got HERPES. Hehehe.

K

koka

Lmao
I was trying to tell you not to drink it, but my mouth was too swollen to say anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom