• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Remember kids, your patience feeds the homeless!

I guess that is something that will allow us to be able to wait a few hours for updates on a, you know, video game. :p

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
All hope is not lost!

alright guys i have some bad news, i've got an absolute ton of school related stuff today in addition to JUST putting soem final touches on a program to feed the homeless that me and a friend of mine are starting at our school (which is REALLY cool) and that unfortunately takes priority over a brawl update, so you may have no update today...

i'll try for later tonight, but i'll likely be gone most of today

sorry guys T-T
:link:

..You put homeless starving people who strive for their lives over us Smash players who have been waiting 10+hours for new info...*breaths in deeply, then out*
I guess no one can be perfect.;)

Anyways, like I said, All hope is not lost!
You guys can check these couple of things that are hilarious!
Could anyone recall on this tool(though his alliteration is marvelous, he was dumb)-
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=112857
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=113247

So this isn't all SPAM, I have a question. Many people are saying Pit's Final Smash is bad, but think about it in 1 vs 1. That really ties up with any other Final Smash in 1 vs 1...would it not?

GOTM

Smash Champion
i want to see the character impressions!!! lol

i hope diddy is as good as some people are saying he is, i definitly plan on playing him a lot

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Once again, sorry if this has already been asked, but its about Ike. Every1 says hes complete garbage so I am assuming he is slow at running, slow jumping, laggy attacks (aerial and non-aerial), and a lot of start up time for moves, but hes insanely powerful... Is that basically what Ike is? Or does he actually have something good about him besides the power. Lol. Thanks for any answers

Peace

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Once again, sorry if this has already been asked, but its about Ike. Every1 says hes complete garbage so I am assuming he is slow at running, slow jumping, laggy attacks (aerial and non-aerial), and a lot of start up time for moves, but hes insanely powerful... Is that basically what Ike is? Or does he actually have something good about him besides the power. Lol. Thanks for any answers
Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Ike is SLOW. Paris Hilton slow. You actually cant short hop alot of his attacks because there is just too much start up lag. I even heard Gimpy yell "I Main Bowser and even I cant use this guy" during a match as Ike. Of all the playable characters, Ike was easily the worst.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Ive said it before and I'll say it again, Ike is SLOW. Paris Hilton slow. You actually cant short hop alot of his attacks because there is just too much start up lag. I even heard Gimpy yell "I Main Bowser and even I cant use this guy" during a match as Ike. Of all the playable characters, Ike was easily the worst.
Paris Hilton slow.... :laugh: Now thats funny, I don't care who you are. lol
Keep in mind that Ike is the worst in the Demo, You never know what changes they'll make for the release...

And no problem Gimpy, We can wait another day for a update. Look how long we've been waiting for Brawl, I don't think another will hurt anyone.

SiD

Smash Master
Paris Hilton slow.... :laugh: Now thats funny, I don't care who you are. lol
Keep in mind that Ike is the worst in the Demo, You never know what changes they'll make for the release...

And no problem Gimpy, We can wait another day for a update. Look how long we've been waiting for Brawl, I don't think another will hurt anyone.
Hurts me, I died a little inside. Stupid starving homeless people always ruin everything for me.

apple joos

Smash Cadet
gimpyfish you has been recorded! www.hpaw.net the video your in is only available in a quicktime download but soon there will be a google video version up. one of your matches was partially recoded a few minutes into the video entitled " E for HPAW Part 2." they also recorded t!mmy and t0mmy.

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
I like how nobody would touch Bowser in Melee because of how slow he was, but now hearing that Ike is very well SLOWER than Bowser suddenly they try to look at the POSITIVES.

Way to discriminate against Bowser gaiz.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Guys, dont just assume that because Ike is bad that the entire game is. He is in fact a stark contrast to all of the other characters in the demo. While he handles like a cow in a shopping kart, every other character actually handles very well(not counting a few randomly laggy attacks). The game over all is actually alot less laggy and flows quite well. Ike alone was the only truly bad character. And there's one thing I think everyone needs to remember: ITS A DEMO, it can change.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Guys, dont just assume that because Ike is bad that the entire game is. He is in fact a stark contrast to all of the other characters in the demo. While he handles like a cow in a shopping kart, every other character actually handles very well(not counting a few randomly laggy attacks). The game over all is actually alot less laggy and flows quite well. Ike alone was the only truly bad character. And there's one thing I think everyone needs to remember: ITS A DEMO, it can change.
No way in HELL did I mean losing hope for this game. No matter how garbage-y Ike is, I'm giddy as hell for this game.

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
gimpyfish you has been recorded! www.hpaw.net the video your in is only available in a quicktime download but soon there will be a google video version up. one of your matches was partially recoded a few minutes into the video entitled " E for HPAW Part 2." they also recorded t!mmy and t0mmy.

Do you think you can post the vid when it gets uploaded on google?

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
For some reason the spiky things also remind me of something from the original Metroid - but most of the videos I've seen are so tiny.

Here's a question - does the Little Mac AT have all of the standard Punch-Out!! sound effects we all know and love?

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Bowser sounds ****, I'm scared.

Either way, I love final smashes and hope they're not tourney band, but they most likely will be.
Great coverage Gimpy.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I like how nobody would touch Bowser in Melee because of how slow he was, but now hearing that Ike is very well SLOWER than Bowser suddenly they try to look at the POSITIVES.

Way to discriminate against Bowser gaiz.
That's because, in Melee, speed was an insane priority for a character. It didn't matter how strong or heavy Bowser was in Melee because all the faster characters could still keep him off balance and obliterate him. If Ike were in Melee, and were just as slow, he'd have been tossed aside about as quickly as Bowser was for that reason.

In Brawl, this does not seem to be the case. So despite his lack of speed, Ike's other characteristics actually COULD be enough to save him. If you've noticed, people have been talking more highly of Bowser lately for this very reason.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I was at EforAll and I don't think Ike will be garbage. He's just gonna take some time to master. Certainly more time than we got with him at the show. Plus this was a demo, while I doubt they will change much who knows they might speed him up a tad.

Zink

Smash Champion
Just to let you guys know- over in the Ike forum we are cooking up a method that may reduce a great deal of startup lag from his smashes. It isn't certain, though.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
Hm, my favorite characters "VISUALLY" seem to be:

Metaknight~ His Finals smash is awesome with a 1 hit KO with percentages over 30-35% i think. He is a combo racker and if you know how to play him, he can be hard to chase down while he hits you with his sword. Hes got quite some distance with his sword too so it seems like its hard to avoid if your slightly close to him. All his "B" attacks seem to be Combo making machines except for his up B i think. His tornado wont give you alot of time to controll it but its good if your near by people to do a nice combo.

~Metas B moves Summary thingy

Now my favorite move for him that ive seen is his side b, ima give it a name....."META-DRILL". As he attacks in a drill style, i decided to call it that. Any ways, his side B is actually REALLY interesting. You can do it in mid air or on ground and make a Curve either up or down. The curve addition to the attack is actually good if the character hes attacking has high percentage and is getting knocked back, he can simply curve his attack to keep on with the combo untill the end, very neat.

Now his down B is the most confusing to people, they ask "does it reflect?" "Does it just make you avoid attacks and projectiles?" "does it teleport you like mewtwos up b?". Well actually ive seen the answer to those questions but there might be a doubt in the reflecting. He can move up, down, sides and diagonally during the time hes using his down b. Now for the reflecting part im not sure, many people say id doesnt reflect but i actually clearly saw a video of MK vs. Samus and 2 other people, Samus had her charge beam well.....charged, lol, and shot it at MK. Then MK did his down b and used his cape to wrap himself to dissapear and somehow, the fully charged shot got sent back to samus leaving the samus player saying "what the hell?". Now, here is my theory. You all know Marios Side B? MK does some hind of a similar motion when wraing himself with the cape, though its way faster. Maybe when he is about to cover himself with the cape, he has 1 second of a chance to reflect. It could be...but the world may never know...(atleast those who are interested in meta)

Diddy Kong~ His final smash is quite interesting actually, it looks preaty neat and its quite fast. He is probably the next jigglypuff if she doesnt appear in Brawl. His movement in air is amazing as ive heard from people.

Bowser~ Yes! Bowser! The 2nd slowest character in brawl so far (ikes first) Giga Bowser is insane. Alot of people didnt know how to controll him thus only making 1 kill. But if you know his moves right, with the 15-20 seconds you have of his final smash, you can kill all 3 characters on stage and plus maybe rack up some damage on their next spawn for a kill set up once he gets out of his Final Smash. (Maybe even get another kill in the 2nd spawn, ive only seen it 2 times). Bowser seems to move a bit faster and does some fair amount of damage with his attacks. His down b seems to have increased in power making it a perfect kill if an opponent lags in an attack and has high %. He is good at getting the smash ball too. 2 hits and he gets it, and his hit box is good to protect the Smash Ball from getting hit by others (that hog!). Im surprised that Bowser has changed alot and might even make it to a high tier this time around.

Yea but good job gimpy

mempf

Smash Rookie
This is Mempf, the person who recorded the match and administrator of HPAW. Sorry about the delays with the Google Video version (Google's fault not ours) but it will be up hopefully within an hour from now.

I'm glad you guys liked our videos and I hope you check out HPAW some more as we have a lot more content on the site and a lot more E for All and brawl footage coming soon. We even have an old Melee episode on the Episodes of Q3 2006 page (we don't claim to be any good lol).

Thanks
Mempf
HPAW Adminstrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom