• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
6 PM? Haha, it's 4:15 AM here and I'm CST. (Er, isn't Gimpy EST? I thought he lived in like Florida or something...)

Shield Drop - You CAN drop through platforms with your sheild up just like in Smash 64. This is a very good thing.
Annnd I learned something new today! >_<

SiD

Smash Master
lol, I just was like "let me check my User CP once more before I go to sleep" and exactly then, the Diddy update was there. GG Gimpy.

Marty

Smash Apprentice
If I could ask a quick favour of you, whenever the Dojo updates with something actually noteworthy and interesting, don't update this.

That way a poor update isn't a total loss.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Give us characters 1 by 1? That sounds Sakuraish. But, very detailed and lots of work. Very very awesome analysis overall of E for All Brawl demo.
I'm sure Gimpyfish has a million other things to do in his spare time other than give us these indepth character analases. Be grateful, it takes a while to do crap like this.

And I like that Diddy has a "Chimp lunging at your face and man-handling you" special move. I was a little skeptical at first when Sakurai described Diddy as being wily and out of control, but he actually looks fluid and useful. I really can't wait to play this game.

What? Have you even played Melee?
I think he was talking about Brawl. I heard Bowser's nB is DOMINANT now.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I'm sure Gimpyfish has a million other things to do in his spare time other than give us these indepth character analases. Be grateful, it takes a while to do crap like this.

And I like that Diddy has a "Chimp lunging at your face and man-handling you" special move. I was a little skeptical at first when Sakurai described Diddy as being wily and out of control, but he actually looks fluid and useful. I really can't wait to play this game.

Gimpyfish said Bowser was mid-tierish now.

Fawriel

Smash Master

In fact, he was talking about Super Paper Mario.

I hope Diddy won't be too powerful. Just because it wouldn't feel right. But that's just me, so, uh... pay this no mind.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
nice work on this thread gimpy... it obviously takes a lot of work... pretty much am looking forward to these updates as much as the official site...

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
Air grabs, who would have thought that the game would have that?
I definatly think Diddy kong will be used in smash tournements.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Diddy seems to feel like a character that could be unstoppable with a pro. He has really decent recovery, some generally ok specials, and seems to be very combo oriented. Speedy characters in general are always a plus, eh?

I really like the idea of this anti-edgeguarding business. Could bring a whole new set of strategies into play once you send someone flying.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i wouldn't say there's anti edge guarding, well, completely anyway. You can still attack your opponent off the stage to kill them, and you can still edge hog using the Hugging technique..

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Diddy seems to feel like a character that could be unstoppable with a pro. He has really decent recovery, some generally ok specials, and seems to be very combo oriented. Speedy characters in general are always a plus, eh?

I really like the idea of this anti-edgeguarding business. Could bring a whole new set of strategies into play once you send someone flying.
According to gimpyfish, it's horrible.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't say it's horrible, only bad if you're hit. The fact you can control the angle of ascent means quite a bit.

Also, I don't fully understand what Gimpy is saying. If you hit him during his up-B, he can't up-B again until he hits the ground, right? Aren't all characters like that? No one can up-B twice in the midair.

UncleGrandfather

Smash Cadet
Ehh, I dunno so much about Diddy Kong. I mean it'll be cool to be a little monkey running around shooting peanuts out of pop-guns, but I don't think I will play as him personally. I'm looking forward to the updates of the other characters. I think I'll play as Pit.

Sliq

Smash Master
I wouldn't say it's horrible, only bad if you're hit. The fact you can control the angle of ascent means quite a bit.

Also, I don't fully understand what Gimpy is saying. If you hit him during his up-B, he can't up-B again until he hits the ground, right? Aren't all characters like that? No one can up-B twice in the midair.
Have you ever played or even watched anyone play this game?

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
Homeless people slowing down brawl updates? Bah! Burn them I say! Burn them all!

I'm kidding of course, nice to see you doing the world some good AND helping out all of us rabid fans. You're a true hero Gimpy.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Man it sucks for diddy to not be able to up B again after gettinh hit in mid air! they need to fix this ASAP

Half of a fight in decided on edguards!!! so if you get hit just once ull go down like a rock.

I see diddy losing a lot just for this

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Diddy seems to feel like a character that could be unstoppable with a pro.
Tell me about it (rather, gimme Brawl) ;)

FVCK YEA!!!!! my new main diddy, is looking to be at least high mid tier'ish. i'll do with that. thank god diddy doesnt suck balls cuz i want to own with him pretty bad...peace

-hiroshi
Looked like top tier from day one :chuckle:

does diddy kong up + B do any damage?
Barely, more when you charge it though :ohwell:

How much life do diddy's peanuts heal if he eats them?
I think a normal meal (3-5% ish)

Are you doing this food thing for the people evacuated from the fires or just general homeless? Either way, do what you can for them, I would if I could from here. :(

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
If I could ask a quick favour of you, whenever the Dojo updates with something actually noteworthy and interesting, don't update this.

uhhhh.... >_>

most people likely are looking forward to these updates moreso than the dojo's updates lol

and i'm not goin to type something up, see a decent dojo update, and then go "oh, i guess i just wont post it"

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
It's true actually, I've gotten to the point where I'm more excited for these updates than the dojo, mainly because I know the dojo will be full of bloody fillers for the next 3 months whereas Gimpy's updates are long, in depth and worth reading.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Unless of course it's a complete character disection with %s, knockbacks, distances and ranges etc...of say...Diddy :laugh:

Could you possibly get a Diddy analysis from one of the people that played him often. Possibly the details (like his Side B can be the "face ****" or a kick if you pressed the attack button in mid flight).
Just being hopefull (or helpfull) donno :p

Zjiin

Smash Master

How about you don't check this thread unless you are dissatisfied with the Dojo's update. That way, your need for daily equally valued information doesn't hold back information for the rest of us.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...

lol

10 chars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom