• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i'm NOT DONE WITH DIDDY geeze

everyone is like freaking out because i dont have an exact detailed listing of each characters specials costumes voice acting taunts victory poses damage weight hitboxes and everything, the first thing i'm doing is giving IMPRESSIONS so you all have a GENERAL KNOWLEDGE of how the character plays in brawl (even though you all compare them to melee characters, which is a terrible idea, because this game plays nothing like melee)
i demand every thing about diddy kong, NOW.

god i hate you for taking so long to update this thread and wasting hours/days of your life.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
*shrug* didn't scare me, it seemed pretty good but its not like any of us have like mastered the game or anything XD

the only SCARY match was my bowser vs flyleaf's Fox because it was just crazy domination LOL

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hmm. How has Fox's shine changed, if at all?

Now I wish they hadn't delayed it by 2 months; I'd like to try Brawl out for myself.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
The shine comes out just as fast or near as fast. However you can't jump cancel it right away, you have to wait a tiny amount of time and you have to hold down B to jump out of it. However, it instant cancels if he uses it in the air and you just let go of it. That's what it's like as of now anyway.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
little update, sorry guys i've been uber busy most of today with homework and other projects, and now I'm off to Bible study, so maybe you'll get another one of htose like 4 AM updates or something XD

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
*shrugs.*

Eh. I don't think the clarification post was really necessary, Gimp. But it's your call and in some ways I see the wisdom there.

Can't wait to see your other updates, man. Keep up the good work.

Smooth Criminal

RDK

Smash Hero
Mario's range wasn't too bad to me, I'm a Mario main so that means I'll probably be able to withstand Diddy's lack of range. I don't plan to main Diddy though, he doesn't interest me.
How was Mario's range in Brawl compared to his range in Melee?

phate

Smash Apprentice
"The move grabbed Mike, he hit him a couple times, then he spiked him straight down out of it. Diddy’s air grab is the coolest spike I’ve ever seen. Diddy is also able to use his up b after this move lands, because Nick made it back onto the stage safely after that."

By the power invested in me, I officially dub this side b the "BANANAAAAA SLAMAAAA!"

Jeremy092387

Smash Cadet
Ah, you didn't have to post that. Just because one idiot took it way out of hand, I didn't think you had to. But, some people are bound to do that, I wouldn't worry about it though, for the most part we all get it.:)

Trolls FTL folks.:ohwell:

Mike87

Smash Ace
some reason the spiky things also remind me of something from the original Metroid - but most of the videos I've seen are so tiny
Those were called Zoomers.

Another type are called Geemers, but the spikey thing really doesn't look like them.

Zink

Smash Champion
so earlier i was SHFFKCing fairs on a Sheik with Luigi and $liding forward. It was sexy
yeah, drop a kuduu cancel on that!
This looks to be done on about feb 11, cool. Actually, diddy looks really good. Pit's prolly good as well, but nobody cares cuz metaknight got all the playtime lol.

Kentalish

Smash Lord
lol gimpy i have to say when u close the threads it makes me feel good... not bad.

*bowser fsmash*

ontopic: i just hope this time around people play there fave char... and i hope tiers dont come for a while... i think anyone should play anyone... if seen pichus own marths

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
The joke wouldn't have been so bad if two thirds of the community hadn't blindly adopted it. See guys, your friggin' "ink drop" was completely stupid!

Kentalish

Smash Lord
the air grab is if u jump and do forward b.. i think boozer can do it to im not sure... but boozerside looks awsome and molester looks awsome... people call it that cuz diddy humps instead of hits u when u press a or b when u are latched onto them

Zink

Smash Champion
the air grab is if u jump and do forward b.. i think boozer can do it to im not sure... but boozerside looks awsome and molester looks awsome... people call it that cuz diddy humps instead of hits u when u press a or b when u are latched onto them
he is stealing CF's thunder!!
So gimpy... no rush... just take your time... seriously, there's no reason to get this out quickly.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
Yo Gimpy I heard you brought a hell of a lot of notes to E for All. Man that's just awesome X 10. Doing a great thing for the community man.
Respect Level = LEVEL UP!!! X 20394823094.
Forreals man. Keep it up.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
ontopic: i just hope this time around people play there fave char... and i hope tiers dont come for a while... i think anyone should play anyone... if seen pichus own marths
Unfortunately, that probably won't happen with most, because as we all know, most 'competitive' people only play to win, regardless of character preference, so if Mario does indeed turn out to be Top Tier material, all the slobbering masses will flock to him and ***** him out like they do Fox, Falco, and Marth now in Melee, rather than suck it up, be men(or women) and learn how to play well with their favorite character.

How I predict most SWF Brawl online matches: Mario Vs. Mario, Mario Vs. Meta-Knight, Peach Vs. Meta-Knight, Sonic Vs. Meta-Knight, etc... You can insert Diddy in there if it turns out he's really good as well.

Poor, poor Ike... Oh well, that means less idiots using my 'garbage tier, slow-***' character!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Unfortunately, that probably won't happen with most, because as we all know, most 'competitive' people only play to win, regardless of character preference, so if Mario does indeed turn out to be Top Tier material, all the slobbering masses will flock to him and ***** him out like they do Fox, Falco, and Marth now in Melee, rather than suck it up, be men(or women) and learn how to play well with their favorite character.

How I predict most SWF Brawl online matches: Mario Vs. Mario, Mario Vs. Meta-Knight, Peach Vs. Meta-Knight, Sonic Vs. Meta-Knight, etc... You can insert Diddy in there if it turns out he's really good as well.

Poor, poor Ike... Oh well, that means less idiots using my 'garbage tier, slow-***' character!
Lol, you're making assumptions on a community you know nothing about and a community that doesn't exist yet.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Demo.

Demo, demo, demo.

This is not the final version of the game. Nothing is set in stone.

Smooth Criminal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom