• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
even weirder, I never seen or knew the existence of this good thread until now, oh well. it's too bad that Brawl didn't even turn out like it's Demo counterpart.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
It's amazing what was put into this thread.....and now the game has come to all most literally two characters....minus a few others with some time

wow, good thing Melee didn't get dumped to the side -- Brawl?

JOE!

Smash Hero
It's amazing what was put into this thread.....and now the game has come to all most literally two characters....minus a few others with some time

wow, good thing Melee didn't get dumped to the side -- Brawl?
so, in brawl we have :

:metaknight: :snake: :wario: :olimar: :falco: :dedede: :pikachu: :popo: :marth: :zerosuitsamus: :diddy:

all doing fairly good...more emphasis on the 1st two

in melee:

:fox: , (slower&blue) :fox: , :falcon: , :fox: , :shiek: , :fox: , :marth: and finally, :fox:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Fixed.

10fixes
er, no

Samus you never see, Peach you never see, Dr Mario you never see (and is also the worst smash char besides pichu...dude is just ****ing mario with pills) ICs are rare, and only like Mango lays Jiggz...and there isnt enough Fox on there

if you want, Ill list all the viable brawl characters:

:metaknight::snake::wario::dedede::diddy::falco: :pit::pikachu2::gw::popo::zerosuitsamus::olimar: :marth::kirby2:
:lucario::luigi2::yoshi2::sonic:

highlighted ones are just barely viable

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
But still your Brawl list was wrong lol. Sure, they place, but not as much as the first two.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
What? Peach is quite commonly seen in Melee.

Doctor Mario, sorta. IC, not too much. Samus... basically never.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
you mean like fox and marth in melee?

or just Marth, doesnt he hold like 51% of all tourney wins?
I haven't seen many Foxes actually winning huge tourneys, however I will admit there's a strong number of them placing well.

As for Marth, I would be more correct to simply replace that name with Mew2King... lol.

Fox, Marth, Sheik, Falco, Peach, Jiggs, and CFalcon are all represented extremely well in tourneys. Trust me, there's more Jigg players than you think, at least take another look at the Genesis bracket lol. There were barely any Foxes too.
Also, it's much more common to see mid/low tier characters in Melee tourneys than Brawl. I think that's because there's more bad Fox players then bad Metaknight players (Fox is easily harder to be good with) and basically every character in Melee can punish/combo Fox to hell if he messes up.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
I haven't seen many Foxes actually winning huge tourneys, however I will admit there's a strong number of them placing well.

As for Marth, I would be more correct to simply replace that name with Mew2King... lol.

Fox, Marth, Sheik, Falco, Peach, Jiggs, and CFalcon are all represented extremely well in tourneys. Trust me, there's more Jigg players than you think, at least take another look at the Genesis bracket lol. There were barely any Foxes too.
Also, it's much more common to see mid/low tier characters in Melee tourneys than Brawl. I think that's because there's more bad Fox players then bad Metaknight players (Fox is easily harder to be good with) and basically every character in Melee can punish/combo Fox to hell if he messes up.
shut up *****

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
er, no

Samus you never see, Peach you never see, Dr Mario you never see (and is also the worst smash char besides pichu...dude is just ****ing mario with pills) ICs are rare, and only like Mango lays Jiggz...and there isnt enough Fox on there

if you want, Ill list all the viable brawl characters:

:metaknight::snake::wario::dedede::diddy::falco: :pit::pikachu2::gw::popo::zerosuitsamus::olimar: :marth::kirby2:
:lucario::luigi2::yoshi2::sonic:

highlighted ones are just barely viable
Kirby is worse than Pichu, and Dr. Mario is mid tier lolol (and higher than Mario). Jiggz's completely dominated Genesis ( wasn't there like 3 in the top 10? with Mango and HBox both top 3 or something like that?).

Lucario is more viable than GW, Pit, Pika, and ZSS. Yoshi and Sonic aren't viable at all, nor is Pit.

Why was this thread bumped again?

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Bumping this doesn't particularly contribute to anything. There's also no need to compare character representation between Melee and Brawl's respective metagames.

Everybody here is walking a fine line between a civil analysis and a Melee Vs Brawl thread, so I'm just going to close this now.

:056:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom