• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Just a thought Gimpy

Would it help you update acurately and faster if a couple of people went directly to the "Diddy" and "Link" and "Pit" threads to copy/paste (HERE) detailed descriptions of the character specifics straight from the sources (E4A players answering Qs) so you can just elaborate or pick apart what you want to use easily? The full character analysis has been done for each one already. Just somewhere else. You can put it in your own words with an original source reference name or something if you want.
It would be fast and extremely reliable that way.

Just a Y or N...I would like to be of some use

Mccdbz5

Smash Journeyman
The Donkey Kong update needs to come next! Got that!? Ha, I'm just playing...but yeah, I'm really eager to see what you have to say about Donkey Kong and Fox. Can't wait!

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
This was really helpful! Thanks Gimpy.
When I saw all those threads about how L-cancelling was removed
and that the game was really slowed down, I had my doubts about it.
It sounds really good now.

Also, how much priority does Diddy's over B have?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
you should add to samus' final smash that if you are right behind her you'll still get sucked into it. At least in the demo I saw that happen at least three times.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Going over your Pokéball stuff. The only mistake I noticed is Bonsly is spelt wrong. Other than that thanks for the info.

I kinda wish Pokémon Trainer was in the demo. I can wait until feb to see him in action though.

KAN

Smash Cadet
Awesome! Thank you for this thread!
Could you update on Bowser next? Or Metaknight? Or Ike?
Bowser would be the coolest though.
Thanks again. I'll bookmark this thread. ^^

festizzio

Smash Champion
Gimpy if you wouldn't mind adding to Pikachu's final smash that you CAN do anything you want after Pikachu's final smash ends in the air, you're not helpless like you are after using an Up-b. I heard people talking about this behind me while I was playing and it was infuriating.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Going over your Pokéball stuff. The only mistake I noticed is Bonsly is spelt wrong. Other than that thanks for the info.

I kinda wish Pokémon Trainer was in the demo. I can wait until feb to see him in action though.
Well, actually, if japanese players are cool enough to put
things on youtube then you'll only have to wait till january :/

Kentalish

Smash Lord
Man all these people are going to play as diddy cuz if hes good on the tier list... do what gimpy did and pick your favorite character or M2K he owns with mewtwo and there low tier... but yea if u guys read if the jetpack gets off u can forward b in the air after your up b

SWORDMASTER X7

Smash Cadet
I didn't think that they actually put air-grabs in.

And could you please update Meta Knight next, that's the charater i'm most looking forward to using.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Diddy unfortunately seems to suffer from a lack of range on most of his aerials and ground attacks, but generally his overall speed, comboabiltiy, and edgeguarding make up for that.
If you main pikachu, you know there is nothing that makes up for lack of range.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
his range problem isn't nearly as bad as pikachu's was, its more like mario's if we are goin to compare, which i really dont like doing because this game is SO drastically different from melee.

Heavyarms2050

Smash Ace
Gimpy, I have a suggestion, why don't you bullet out the Special move for each character. Example

Link:
[insert picture]

Forward B: Boomerang
(add picture if can)
Down B: Bomb
(add picture if can)
Up B: spin move
(add picture if can)
Neutral B: Bow
(add picture if can)

[write your usual description/experience with the character]

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Mario's range wasn't too bad to me, I'm a Mario main so that means I'll probably be able to withstand Diddy's lack of range. I don't plan to main Diddy though, he doesn't interest me.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i'm NOT DONE WITH DIDDY geeze

everyone is like freaking out because i dont have an exact detailed listing of each characters specials costumes voice acting taunts victory poses damage weight hitboxes and everything, the first thing i'm doing is giving IMPRESSIONS so you all have a GENERAL KNOWLEDGE of how the character plays in brawl (even though you all compare them to melee characters, which is a terrible idea, because this game plays nothing like melee)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
i'm NOT DONE WITH DIDDY geeze

everyone is like freaking out because i dont have an exact detailed listing of each characters specials costumes voice acting taunts victory poses damage weight hitboxes and everything, the first thing i'm doing is giving IMPRESSIONS so you all have a GENERAL KNOWLEDGE of how the character plays in brawl (even though you all compare them to melee characters, which is a terrible idea, because this game plays nothing like melee)
take your time pal, you know what you are doing and there are some like me who are very grateful!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom