• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Chu Dat proves that tiers dont mean much. He torn people up with Pichu and where is pichu on the tier list? pretty low. Also Taj is really good with Mewtwo who (in the tiers) is the worst. It's the people who pick high tier characters because they think they'll be better than everyone else that suck, not the tiers.

Cort

Apple Head
Whenever I click my User CP, this thread is ALWAYS AT THE VERY TOP. RIDICULOUS.

Yeah, anyway. I really appreciate all the new updates and formatting. You're putting in a lot of work into this thread, and it's replies/views just reflect how good it is x_x

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I think pikachu has a big advantage with that, it looks like it often goes out of range for most characters but spamming it with a few thunders will get it, especially since it can knock away other characters and doesnt have any knockback on the ball.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
want a tier list? here ya go.

mario
peach
metaknight

high
pit
diddy
sonic
fox
pikachu

mid
bowser
link
samus

low
yoshi
dk

absolute garbage
ike
Yes! I'm a SSB64 Mario main, and that made me happy! :) So far it looks like I'll use the following:

Mario, Peach, Pit, Diddy Kong, Fox, Link, and Kirby. :) Looks like I'll use my old SSB64 main Kirby again, and pick him up and play him again (even though he wasn't playable at the demo, he looks MUCH BETER). Maybe Meta Knight or Sonic, and It's good to hear Sakurai isn't going to kill Fox like my poor little Kirby...but Peach is still up there, lol! :) And Mario is going to be like a mix of Fox's shine, Peach's down smash, Marth's grab range, Shiek's chain grabs, and Captain Falcon's knee=SHEER ****! Fear the SHINE!

Wait...Bowser mid tier=??? Well...hopefully we can bump most in that top tier spot. Screw balance, make everyone balanced, but aim for top tier only characters.

No way, heed my words, PRESS ONE!!! shall be an infamous meme. As infamous as OVER NINE THOUSAND.

GET THE BALL! PRESS ONE!!! DO IT!!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I had a fat migrane when I first heard them, and I thought my ears have been *****. Like I've said before, if someone says that to me in real life, I'll give em' one to the gut=njk. It's like having your ear bit off by Mike Tyson...owch. [maybe not that bad] We don't want innocent puppies to be *****, now do we=??? Seriously, those two booth babes are the root of all evil. :laugh:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
I'm confused. Do you only need to break the smash ball or do you need to grab it after it's been attacked?

festizzio

Smash Champion
Gimpy's description of Pikachu's final smash isn't really accurate...you can press the button you use for standard attacks and it zaps everyone in vicinity of the volt tackle, with a heck of a lot of knockback, so you don't have to hit them with it as much as you just have to be pretty much on the same side of the level as they are. And you can use this "zap" more than once, actually I believe I used it around 20 times in one final smash.

And wait for the character impressions...pikachu still has advantages over characters, especially his dsmash which is now ****.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
With pikachu I heard it wasnt that hard to control if you only tapped the directions with the joystick. Actually here's whatT0mmy said:
People could not use this thing effectively, I really had to show them its potential. Neal was behind me when I got the Smash Ball and said something about how Pikachu's FS sucked. Then I proceeded to combo HugS to 300% and KO him.
Everyone liked when I used this, because I did slight movement on the analog stick to keep my opponent trapped inside and built up huge damage. Then you drive them off the stage and hit the attack button to zap a powerful charge and KO them.
Also, in the original SMW, yoshi could eat a rainbow shell and fly, stomp, and spit fire.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

ImpactAR

Smash Ace
Hey Gimpyfish,

I live on the east coast so it's +3 hours to your time. You think you'll have the character info up anytime soon? Or should I just wait for tomorrow?

Thanks for all the info. Best Brawl source.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
But that's seriously where Yoshi's Final Smash originates from, Gimpyfish.

Eitherway, all Final Smashes can be summarized like this:

PRESS 1!!!

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman
Not to be a nerd or anything but Yoshis FS is from Super Mario World. One of the yoshis sprouts wings and shoots flames.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
Meh, the only thing I don't like about Bowser's final smash is that Giga Bowser only last for about 10 seconds, that's really short. Just how much can Giga Bowser accomplish in 10 seconds?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
who said it lasts for only ten seconds?! o.O

it lasts for quite a bit longer than that from what i could tell, i never once didn't get a kill once i had giga bowser

by quite a bit i mean its like 15 seconds, not including the transform time

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
that video shows about 12 seconds yeah, but you'll DEFINITELY get a kill in that period of time if you know what you are doing

i'll tell you this i never felt LIMITED timewise as giga bowser, its easily enough

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Pikachus lasts from 11-12 seconds too, it's probably standard for a lot of final smashes.

vincentninja68

Smash Apprentice
I'm not doubting Giga Bowser's monstrous power, and getting at least one ko in 12 seconds would be easy as strong as he is. I'm just sad that it's so brief...

RobinotX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobinotX
Maybe it's just me. But why is Ike garbage o.O. I mean he is powerfull. And when you use him on the right way I think he can go to Mid Tier.

What I saw in movies, he isn't that slow.. =P. Can be wrong though..

Elysium

Smash Lord
He already stated that the list he made isn't accurate. It would've matter if he threw Ike as top top tier. He's basing it off of a couple days playing a demo. You guys are taking it too literally.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom