• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
What the Diddy lovers said ^^^^ and

Ness owns Fox and Sheik...especially Sheik. Falco and Falcon "can" be matched but it's hard. Marth is too good though.

Stoked for Goldeen experiments in the water and Lyn...in the water...all wet and ready to pounce on me o_O

YEY POWERSHEILD!
>_>, Lyn better be the best AT in the game. How dare Sakurai crush my dreams of a playable Lyndis (Go Micaiah!!).

It would be funny if Goldeen went into the water and popped out and horn drilled someone for a OHKO.

-Knight

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
i'm 99% sure i saw link use his shield.
Thanks!

I also saw that DK had super armor when he did his upsmash on that gamepro vid. <_<
Good enough for me!

This is all we have left on questions now then:

- Does dodging while hanging on a ledge still count you as on the ledge for the entire length of the dodge animation, preventing others from grabbing it, or can others grab it as soon as you are actually physically off the ledge?

- Can you C-stick a DAir after the height of your jump without doing a fast-fall? If you use the C-stick for air attacks does it move your character in the direction pressed now, or can you still, say, jump backwards and C-stick an FAir without losing your backwards momentum? The new C-stick mechanics seem to indicate this may have changed.

- How does Mario manage to charge FLUDD while blocking as mentioned on the Dojo, since Down+B would make you spot-dodge while blocking?

- Can DK wall-jump now, like he could do in his latest platformer, DK Jungle Beat?

- When ZSS grabs someone with her Up+B and pulls them toward her, does she automatically go into a grab kind of like Bowser's old side+B, or do they just land next to her, or what?
Also if any E for All players wouldn't mind going over the E4A Q&A Thread questions and answers and seeing if any answers are inaccurate or incomplete, that would be helpful. There's been a few cases now where one answer we got conflicted with another one (like Sonic's dive kick being a DAir or a Down+B in the air) and some answers didn't really fully answer the question.

Thanks again!

festizzio

Smash Champion
Wow this is so cool, starting out when Brawl first comes out, five years later all these noobs are gonna be just starting and we're gonna be like "I was here when that was discovered". OOH IT'S SO EXCITING!! :O

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There's plenty of videos where you can hear the music quite well. I was actually quite disappointed because most of it sounded quite similar. Hopefully this was just a limitation in the demo and the full release will have more songs.

Here's some of the lyrics I picked up on:

"Get it! Get it! The ball! Get the ball! Go get the ball!"

It's usually followed by another instant classic:

"Press one! One! Press one! Hit one! Press one! One!"

Catchy, no? I think those were the only two songs in the demo, or at least the only two in the videos I've seen. I couldn't hear anything else.
^ GOd I LOVE BRAWL'S MUSIC ALREADY! :laugh:

Seriously though, I saw some vids, and here is a list of unconfirmed music on the Dojo:

-the Legend of Zelda theme (opera and classical OOT orchestrated like) ; Bridge of Eldin
-Fire Emblem theme (opera) ; Castle Siege
-Delfino Plaza Theme (the same from SM Sunshine, but better) ; Delfino Plaza
-Some wierd Animal Crossing time(d) music (maybe multiple songs) ; Smashville

That's all I got! :laugh:

I didn't catch the Halberd's song=sorry. :(

Confirmed music on stages:

-Ridley Boss Battle theme ; Norfair
-Super Smash Bros. Melee theme ; Battlefield
-Yoshi's Story Song+Ending ; Yoshi's Island
-Star Fox: Space Armada ; Lylat Cruise
-Kid Icarus: The Underworld ; Skyworld
-Pokémon Gym Theme (i'm pretty sure with Evolution theme) ; Pokémon Stadium

So ya, hope that helps with the music department people! :)

ok a few questions...

1. Whats this talk about diddy not being able to short hop peanut spam?
2. When are we getting this video blog thing?
3. The people who played diddy WHAT ARE HIS COSTUMES!!!?
1.IDK
2.IDK
3.Just new shirts, and a Dixie outfit, minus the ponytail. XD

I also saw that DK had super armor when he did his upsmash on that gamepro vid. <_<
Ya, I noticed that too. Hopefully Donkey Kong has more super armor. Because Donkey Kong needs some tier leverage, just like Yoshi and Bowser seem to have gotten! That way he won't be a low tier again, and be stuck there for another 5 years! :)

Also, Gimpyfish (or anyone, for that matter, if they have a opinion after playing Brawl), I have just three question, that only require short answers, really:

-Out of the 14 playable characters, how well do you think Brawl is balanced in terms of tiers=???

-Is the tier balancing better then Melee and SSB64, or not=???

-Do you see Brawl continuing this good/bad/okay tier balance or not=???

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i really think it's too soon to talk about tiers, we haven't been able to play the game long enough, and i think any answer given will be pretty much irrelevant.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
We need tiers, though. I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna be so lost when I turn on the game for the first time if we don't have a tier list by then.

Also...I like the new menu music. :3

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
sorry for the delay, i was writting eggz a rap for his birthday, i'll post it here too

Shake Masta Flex is COMIN WIT DEM COMBOS
Usin the mario he getsta **** WIT DEM DOWNTHROWS
grabs into up tilt - follow up forward smash
his mario moves like the justice league's flash
Combo Status ***** it up in crews
but we aint got NOTHIN without his moves
Eggz is how you know him but the boy's name is shane
not watching his videos would be an EPIC shame
the makers of brawl even saw those vids
they never knew that it would come to this
they wanted to nerf mario after watching his ****
but mario in brawl is top tier for his sake
it was eggz i reckon that nintendo reps beckoned to be a smash legend on october twenty second!

happy birthday shane XD

anyways update is comin soon

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
Awesome rap. lol

Who all thinks "PRESS ONE!!! / GET THE BALL! PRESS ONE!!!" should be a new meme? :) I'm totally going to randomly yell it at people playing Smash now.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
We need tiers, though. I don't know about you guys but I'm gonna be so lost when I turn on the game for the first time if we don't have a tier list by then.

Also...I like the new menu music. :3
LOL so you'll just be picking the best character?

...I don't think melee had a well established tier list until a few years into the game (please correct me if i'm mistaken)

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
We're going to be such annoying elitist geezers. XD
But at least we'll be better then 99% of the non-smash boarders at Brawl! :laugh:

@ BrianM
How about we all deny those women never existed, just like we should do to the Mario and Zelda CD-i games. That way, there will be no proof to their existence (hopefully). ;)

And nice rap, lol! Wasn't expecting that...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
want a tier list? here ya go.

mario
peach
metaknight

high
pit
diddy
sonic
fox
pikachu

mid
bowser
link
samus

low
yoshi
dk

absolute garbage
ike

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
But at least we'll be better then 99% of the non-smash boarders at Brawl! :laugh:

@ BrianM
How about we all deny those women never existed, just like we should do to the Mario and Zelda CD-i games. That way, there will be no proof to their existence (hopefully). ;)

And nice rap, lol! Wasn't expecting that...
No way, heed my words, PRESS ONE!!! shall be an infamous meme. As infamous as OVER NINE THOUSAND.

GET THE BALL! PRESS ONE!!! DO IT!!!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
YES! Press 1 should be a new meme for people who insist on using items or don't play conventionally, perhaps.

*looks at Gimpy's tier list*

DAMMIT IKE!! I'M GOING TO MAKE YOU WORK NO MATTER WHAT!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
thanks heavy

and press 1 is something we should say when somebody is getting ***** to the person getting wrecked

its their only hope afterall.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I was talking more to MenacingMike. Now that you've made one, though, the spies from Nintendo are gonna tell Mr. Sakurai that he needs to adjust those characters accordingly. :1

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Mah tier list

Best smasher ever:
Gimpyfish/bowser

Don't even bother:
everyone else

This is 100% correct, don't question it.

jacer

Smash Cadet
NNID
thejacer87
man ... i dont understand y you guys are all like "o im gunna make _____ my main no matter what".... im just so excited to unlock and try all characters... see who i think im best with ... then check the internetz to see and tactics i could pick up and/or try new chars.... man im just so excited

Tagxy

Smash Lord
What would a gimpyfish character be like in SSB?

Edit: To jacer, usually I play completely through the 1 player mode, which means I have to be at least ok with all characters, but I've played pikachu since the very day the original smash brothers was released. He's so much fun!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Wow thats a dumb tier list..

My tier list which i think everyone will agree with..

BestSmasher OR wHatver/
BOX TAG

People who try to steal teh tag../
GAY!!

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I just saw that a demo player claims that you get a free Final Smash for doing poorly. Is this true?!? Can anyone else confirm this? Or did none of you do badly enough to ever see it anyway? ;)

He also claimed you still are granted the Final Smash even for breaking it using an item, including Pokeballs and Assist Trophys.

It was in the comments at the bottom of the screen during this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMKh5FAouoo

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
You never get a "free" final smash. You always have to break it. And yes, you can break it with items, projectiles, etc.

dark_templar_99

Smash Cadet
I wish i could just pick someone i really like or someone that has a moveset that is so much fun to use. Having tiers suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom