• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
thanx yet again, i feel like a n00b, when i've been playing melee since its release
but yeah that makes sense. wouldn't that mean it was really bad in melee caue you could DI out of a lot of attacks?

Dynamism

Smash Lord
2) That chick was pretty good lucking
That's the only good thing about them. I think they should work on that more (or me) instead of the one button :laugh:

Anywho...hopefully that "podcast" will resurface when released cause I'll forget about it shortly :psycho:

sorry for using so much boardy termonology PSIguy... At least you asked, I called wavedashing slidedodging for like ever :laugh: People would say wavedash and I'd go "yeah, the sliding dodge thing right?" oh my... :embarrass

Also...what are you deciding as being the downfall of pillaring? The speed of the sheild release after blocking an attack? That won't effect it that much. If Sonic Side Bs into them and they don't block it (and my theory on his rising Spindash works) then you get them stunned and they won't be able to sheild anyway. That's like if Falco up throws you and waits then chases with a hop into a shine and starts pillaring, the sheild won't stop that.

I think new forms of pillaring and walls (whether it's Jiggs Bair, Falcon Dair and Fair, DK and Pichu Uairs[on a lesser extent]), Mewtwo UpThrows and Fair type "pillars" etc... will be popping up everywhere because of this new floaty factor.

Chaining things basically. Or false chaining like a tech chasing-like style of play that both players (when advanced enough) will be doing at the same time. This game seems floaty, free and smooth unlike melees precision and choppy "wackiness"

what ev' :p

schep

Smash Cadet
Episode 2 ... ? where you at ?

Gimpy ... where's episode 2 bro? I enjoyed 1 ... keep it up... screw all those people talkin' trash about the sun glasses too

-Y-peace-Y-

LuCKy

Smash Master
people gimpy died last from lack of coca-cola......its a shame i know but just to let you all know there will be no #2 of brawl talk so please let gimpy rest in piece

-whoever that is who hacked gimpys profile and is tring to pretend you are gimpy you make me sick *gut punch!

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
ok...... so yeah, I actualy wasn't a big fan of wave dashing myself. (Because I wasn't good at it) But I have some pro wave friends that arw going to be a little disapointed.

(I still was able to beat them more than them beating me when they had it so without it I am a SMASH GOD!!!)

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
people gimpy died last from lack of coca-cola......its a shame i know but just to let you all know there will be no #2 of brawl talk so please let gimpy rest in piece

-whoever that is who hacked gimpys profile and is tring to pretend you are gimpy you make me sick *gut punch!
Source, please. Seriously.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
@dynamism its fine ^^
i know a majority of the lingo for techniques (just don't use em)
but i still don't think i get what your saying about all that pillaring stuff -_-;;
oh, and whats up with the throws? its gonna be harder to land combos now?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

I am the future reincarnation of Gimpy who has travelled into the past! Everyone bow down to me! XD :p

I

i8waffles612

You are not funny at all.. Probably gonna get warned like that other guy who said gimpy...nevermind.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Yes Gimpy thank you...but might I ask why you didn't mention that Bowser hits people on the way UP while doing his Down B (Bomb) from the standing position :confused: It does that now

Edit: there's a little slice and he hits them upwards slightly. Everytime you can see it but once he actually hits mario with the up swing at 43 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxzIeovBtEs

And why isn't anyone else exicited for the way characters actually knockback other characters when they fly through them after getting attacked...not just when thrown...? :confused:

Edit: It happens in almost every battle with more than one person but it's really clear in this one when Sonic takes out Pikachu AND Samus at 53 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PqbN2WM7M

Seriously?!?!?!

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
Yes Gimpy thank you...but might I ask why you didn't mention that Bowser hits people on the way UP while doing his Down B (Bomb) from the standing position :confused: It does that now

Edit: there's a little slice and he hits them upwards slightly. Everytime you can see it but once he actually hits mario with the up swing at 43 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxzIeovBtEs

And why isn't anyone else exicited for the way characters actually knockback other characters when they fly through them after getting attacked...not just when thrown...? :confused:

Edit: It happens in almost every battle with more than one person but it's really clear in this one when Sonic takes out Pikachu AND Samus at 53 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8PqbN2WM7M

Seriously?!?!?!
That is so awesome, and most of all, it will own so hard in team matches..

I can totally see teams setting up combos on the other team to hit bot enemies at the same time.. DOMINO EFFECT!

Truly awesome, thanks for pointing that out!

Banjo2553

Smash Cadet
I've got a question. You guys who went there had to use the Sideways Wii Remote control, correct? Well how do you do the different taunts? Surprisingly the Dojo didn't cover this detail...

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I heard it's like two buttons (one for each taunt) then when you press them both at the same time, it does the third one :ohwell: don't know for sure

And no problem Colino...
Look through the videos, it happens all the time. Another really obvious one is in that Sudden Death one. When albino DK gets punched into Yoshi in the late stages before SD, Yoshi actually gets KOed because of it :laugh:

Sky-Kitsune

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for all the imformation on Brawl gimpy. Your description on Mario getting a great buff really made my day.

Oh, and apologies if this is a little irrelevant to the thread, but on the first episode of Gimpy's Brawl talk, at about 6:20 on the second clip I notice a glowing object that resembles the shape of a Chaos emerald. Can anyone comfirm what it is?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
(w00t, pg. 333, thats a SSBM Bonus)

When I look from all the reports, I see no fear of thinsbeing a casual game and having no competitivity(Even a word?).
Cant wait to play as Meta Knight, He sounds like a good Combo-er, has the ultimate speed for combos too, FAST.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I heard it's like two buttons (one for each taunt) then when you press them both at the same time, it does the third one :ohwell: don't know for sure

And no problem Colino...
Look through the videos, it happens all the time. Another really obvious one is in that Sudden Death one. When albino DK gets punched into Yoshi in the late stages before SD, Yoshi actually gets KOed because of it :laugh:
On the wiimote, you can only do one taunt. Wiimote+Nunchuk is where you press 1 for taunt one, 2 for taunt two, and both for taunt three.

M.K

Level 55
Gimpyfish, I have a couple questions:

1. Can a (or did you ever see) Munchlax swallow a Smash Ball?

2. Samus' Bombs, do they operate in the same manner (power, speed, appearance)?

3. I cannot really comprehend Sonic's Color Palette. From what I understand, there is Original, Shades of Blue, and Black. With the other shades of blue, what color do his shoes turn?

Thanks!

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
SiegK said:
- No, His wrist bands change colors and shapes,
- Also his shade of blue changes.

Yellow rounded square wrist bands. Lighter blue.

Blue double ring wrist bands. Light Blue.

Regular Blue Sonic. Normal.

Red single ring swist bands. Darker blue.

Black regular wrist bands. Darkest Blue/ blue-black.
That should help.

Samus' bombs are more or less the same, with the exception of the change in bomb jumping.

And i never saw a munchlax eat a pokeball, but i rarely ever saw a munchlax when i saw a pokeball on the stage >_>

Gimpy said he doesn't think they do.

mystryman150

Smash Cadet
From one Bowser user to another thanks for doing this for us Gimpy it really helps out all of us who were unable to go to e 4 all

M.K

Level 55
Yeah, I don't think that is correct.

With the Wiimote, you can use ALL THREE taunts. One is by pressing "1" (PRESS ONE! PRESS ONE OR MY DAD WILL **** ME AND GIVE ME HERPES!!!!). The second by pressing "2" (NEWLY HIRED GIRL: PRESS 2....I MEAN 1!!!!).
and the third by pressing both at one time. (LETS HAVE A THREESOME! PRESS 1 AND 2!!!!!)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
After watching every video of sonic I could find, I can definitly determine that Sonic's horizontal speed in the air after jumping out of a dash is not as fast as his dash.. but Im not sure if its faster than his normal horizontal speed..

anyone know?

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if you can still hold down to avoid grabbing the ledge? This could be a sort of tactic going against the sweetspot mechanic in Brawl. Say your enemy charges and F-smash to early and releases it, while you are recovering, but instead of grabbing the ledge just short of him, you would rather strike, so you could hold down during your up-B and hit your opponent, clearing the ledge for ascendancy upon it.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Sir Gimpy, I have questions regarding Yoshi!

If he can't double-jump cancel anymore, that means this his double jump keeps going even when he uses attacks during it, right? Doesn't that open up a lot of possibilities?
I mean, when he uses it for recovery, he could freely use his aerials and air-dodges to defend against edgeguarders.
And maybe, he even retains his weight increase while performing attacks in his double-jump, which would give him crazy priority in mid-air!
Or am I missing a factor here?

Also, on a scale from 1 to 10, how cute is Yoshi in Brawl?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom