• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lucas is basically Ness 2.0 ... and looks pretty much just as bad. Odds are Ness will make an appearance somewhere but not as a playable character

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have some questions Gimpy:

1. You say Link's boomerang doesn't do damage when it pulls you back. Does that mean it doesn't do damage if you get hit on the return? Or does that mean it hits you, hurts you, and continues to pull you back without damage?

2. Is Link's boomerange still aimable?

3. Is your thread going to give a Brawl impression when Brawl is released? Or are you just going to keep this as an E for All impressions thread?

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
got couple questions as well..

1. Did you play sse
2.How is it shaping up?
3.Does the story work?
4.Who did ya save?Peach or Zelda?
5.Are the enemies in a large varitety and sensible(eg something like charmander under water..i mean wtf?)

blanko33

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is kind the same as Ness,the good thing that I like about Lucas is that you can do the PK Freeze to the oponents Recovery and is basic like yoshis turns you in a egg.<<
~~Insane...!~~

Teeb147

Smash Legend
omg its a hedgehog, somebody should try spraypainting it.

... so i still havent gotten an answer about sonic's jumps...

When you jump out of a dash, is the horizontal speed in the air as fast as the dash speed?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
omg its a hedgehog, somebody should try spraypainting it.

... so i still havent gotten an answer about sonic's jumps...

When you jump out of a dash, is the horizontal speed in the air as fast as the dash speed?
Remember Sonic actually is slower in the air so I would doubt it, although I still want that question answered. (Who knows it might be! :O)

If the answer to the above question is no Gimpy, then please answer the following.

When you jump out of a dash, is the horizontal speed in the air any faster than the regular jump speed?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Remember Sonic actually is slower in the air so I would doubt it, although I still want that question answered. (Who knows it might be! :O)

If the answer to the above question is no Gimpy, then please answer the following.

When you jump out of a dash, is the horizontal speed in the air any faster than the regular jump speed?
Yeah, that's a good way to format the question.
But remember, on the genesis, Sonic keeps his horizontal speed when jump, so to me its kinda weird.

I would really like to know though, because if so, then itd be better to be good with sheik than with captain falcon since captain falcon goes as fast horizontally in the air as the speed he was going on the ground before jumping.

How fast does Sonic move horizontally in the air when jumping out of a dash?! *

*compared to moving horizontally in the air without having jumped out of a dash...

Gomolka

Smash Apprentice
It looks like the tiers will be somewhat more balanced with the exception of a few characters such as Samus and DK.

MetaKnight and Pit seem to be really good, and even Mario looks like he could hang with the top crowd.

Pokemon Trainer will stll be TOP tier IMO.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
how do you gather that samus and dk are the exceptions?

ike is the only character that is at this point anything i'd call "bad" compared to the rest of the cast

Ophelius

Smash Ace
You know the little sprinkles you had on your ice
Think, people. When did we do the tier lists ion melee? After a few tournies! How can we make an accurate conclusion as to how we are going to end up playing better as by reading some stupid list anyways? Find your own playing style first!

I'm kinda being picky, but you spelled range wrong in the Sonic section. : /

Teeb147

Smash Legend
who cares about tier lists, I want to know how characters play more specifically... Like,
How is Sonic's horizontal speed when he jumps out of a dash.. is that so much to ask? lol :p

festizzio

Smash Champion
who cares about tier lists, I want to know how characters play more specifically... Like,
How is Sonic's horizontal speed when he jumps out of a dash.. is that so much to ask? lol :p
Honestly I don't think one of us can remember that far back on such a tiny detail, maybe you should have asked sooner. :p

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Hey, Gimpyfish i just have quick question.
can you do Final smashes in the air?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Honestly I don't think one of us can remember that far back on such a tiny detail, maybe you should have asked sooner. :p
Or maybe Gimpy is waiting to answer this in a 2-minute-long answer in his next Brawl Talk. :O. Thats why he is completely avoiding it! I KNEW IT!!!

Hey, Gimpyfish i just have quick question.
can you do Final smashes in the air?

Yes you can, there are a lot of videos of people doing it in the air, and supposedly if I recall correctly Gimpy said it was HugS(?) that did a edgehopped final smash or something to that style.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
I think ppl care because they want to win, and usually tourneys have money.

Fun=Tier lists doesnt matter
Seriousness, winning is all that matters, $=Top T. Spam

But i wont derail the thread. Is it me or does Fox's Fair looks a whole lot different?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
I think ppl care because they want to win, and usually tourneys have money.

Fun=Tier lists doesnt matter
Seriousness, winning is all that matters, $=Top T. Spam

But i wont derail the thread. Is it me or does Fox's Fair looks a whole lot different?
Well some other people, like me, just want to know which place the character they most like is in. But the people like me don't scream TIER LIST! TIER LIST!, I mean I don't NEED or really WANT one, but once its done (like it invetiably will) I will see it, although I won't follow it or at least not choose my character BECAUSE of it.

I think they changed Foxes Fair a bit in order to make all kicks land, if you land one you land all the consecutive ones, it also changed to make Fox be more in control of himself while doing them I think, or that is just the overall floatiness increase.

On another note: I just watched a Sonic vid where he uses his Neutral B and hits a player that collides with him while he is sort of "charging" the move, and it does good knockback.

Gimpy: Is it possible to hit a player with Sonic's (Neutral B/vB) while the move is charging or winding up (Neutral B), and how good was the knockback on the Neutral B move?

D

Deleted member

So is Brawl Talk officially dead or does it just take a long time to come out with?

Foe

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it matters how big the stage is really. I mean of course on Pork City it will be harder but it has such small range no matter what that it is easy to dodge, or atleast what it seemed on the vids I watched.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I don't think it matters how big the stage is really. I mean of course on Pork City it will be harder but it has such small range no matter what that it is easy to dodge, or atleast what it seemed on the vids I watched.
u think Sakuai will make some improvements to itt though?:ohwell:

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Everything wasn't final and just a test. I think more things will be changed than stay the same. Even if it is very little.

Fawriel

Smash Master
DK's FS makes you play a rhythm game, right? And whether he hits anyone or not, there's a phase afterwards where he's more powerful.
Gimpy claims that he couldn't even hear the music at all...
Point is, for all we know, getting a perfect score in that rhythm game thing could just as well turn this into the most powerful Final Smash in the game.

tw1n

Smash Champion
This could be true. But you have to be able to hit the FS perfectly and actually hit someone. Not to mention if it somehow does beef up DK then he has to be able to hit other players quick enough. Because if he is stronger then it won't last very long

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
you can hear the music on the big tv that the "tournaments" were on, and we did do the final smash to the beat and saw it grow to larger knockback and range, it still seemed mostly useless, hopefully there was some other trick to it though

Ferret

Smash Cadet
This is why you must adapt! ^____^
"If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup.
If you put water into a teapot, it becomes the teapot.
Water can flow or water can crash.
Be water my friend." :lick:

I only saw DK's FS one time and....well it didn't help whatsoever :/
I hope they cange it at least a little bit.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I'll be semi-&quot;dead&quot; for a while after Fe
Booth Babe vs Competitive Player

"PRESS 1 PRESS 1!!!!!!!!"

"Not yet. It won't do anything."

"PRESS 1!!!"

"NO!"

"PRESS 1!! PRESS 1!!! PRESS THE ONE BUTTON 111111!!!!!!!!!!1!"

*shrug*
*presses one*
*instant KOs all around*

"WTF!!???!?!?!"

"I told you."

The future is bright for DK
And don't bash Yoshi...you'll be surprised ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom