• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
u said that mario can grab the ledge backwards now. does this apply with all characters?
Yeh, thats kinda easy to find if you look through people's information about the game.

However my question is nowhere to be found, and so I must ask Gimpyfish or someone who played but no luck yet.

SiD

Smash Master
Gimpy, you say you can drop through a platform with your shield up now. Well how does that work? Can you not spot dodge on a platform anymore?

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
speaking of shields, since te Wii remote dont have te same "who much you pres" thing (sorry, i dont know who to say it´s real name in english:confused:) the shield sise can not be changed... but if in melee you pres Z after de grab animation it put out the shield whit minimun pressing, this is posible with the - button in bawl?:confused::confused::confused:

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
Mexio:) I was Reading this boards since it fusion whit smashbrawl blog, and found that firt by a confusion trying to visit smashbros.com see? smashbros.com smashbrawl.com :laugh: oh and I mean "How much you press" Stil having some problem whit writing english... I can read it, an hear it, and understad it very Well... exept whit bad audio reording like some gest in the SMYN have... thing?:ohwell::ohwell::ohwell:

kinghippo99

Smash Lord
ohhh... that explains alot. I'm from Brazil .

on topic: are there any obvious advantages of zamus over samus?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
ohhh... that explains alot. I'm from Brazil .

on topic: are there any obvious advantages of zamus over samus?

Both are completely different characters, so its like comparing maio to metaknight.

I want to play with zero suit samus, right now.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I just got back after 2 weeks in Mexico yesterday...and I spent 44 days in Brazil, Argentina and Uraguay through spring...and the boards are as active as ever :)

I would say that in Portegeuse (spelt wrong) and spanish but those languages have fused with my french, italian and english to form a new type of latin :chuckle:

Zamus was played very little, and everyone was just starting at the game (AKA too early to tell, sorry)

And that sheild thing, if the - button has a spring in it and a half way point :laugh: Naw, I doubt it'll work. But don't worry cause at least someone waid Power Sheilding was back (that's where you block something to reflect a projectile or other) and I power sheild EVERYTHING :laugh:

M.K

Level 55
Anyone who played the demo, I've heard that aerial combat is extremely fluid, so what kind of move could it be compared to in Brawl? I was thinking Luigi's Forward Air, the Karate Chop? Do all moves move that fast in the air now?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Gimpyfish, if my Nexus is done before your episode 2 is, you phail.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
whaa? i said i wasn't going to have one for this weekend, i'll try and do them weeky starting next weekend haha

i've got a lot of questions to answer afterall

thanksgiving weekend johns...?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Well, I still have much work to do, so you shouldn't worry too much.

Thanksgiving weekend johns, indeed... I took a 2-day break from my blog. :laugh:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
does anyone know how the whole swimming mechanic works? its seems so........unnecessary, but cool i guess. i saw one vid and it looked like Pit was just flopping around in the water..lol

blanko33

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know how the whole swimming mechanic works? its seems so........unnecessary, but cool i guess. i saw one vid and it looked like Pit was just flopping around in the water..lol
Well swiming is simple,you youst hold in the water for a few seconds and swim throuth rigth and left,butt you can't stay in the water for long or you die.:laugh:

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
man its gonna look really weird if all characters can swim. ( Sonic and Charizard anyone?)

worldjem7

Smash Ace
oh yeah lol Sonic can't swim so how will that work? and charizard would just look weird lol i don't see how those 2 could be able to swim

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i suppose certain characters could have this ability, i mean not all characters can fly, and it not like water is in every stage

Cless

Smash Champion
I meant he can swim in Brawl. This has been done and closed in the Sonic character board. I know Sonic doesn't swim in his games, but in Brawl he does. End of story.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
You could argue that NONE of the characters know how to swim in Brawl, since if you stay in the water too long, you sink and die. Isn't the entire point of swimming to NOT sink? Its not like they just forget how to swim after a few seconds.

Maybe we should just call it treading water, or flailing around. When you do those in real life, you sink pretty quickly.

Cless

Smash Champion
Not treading water, but definitely flailing. You could also chalk up the sinking to fatigue since they are beating the crap out of each other.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Not treading water, but definitely flailing. You could also chalk up the sinking to fatigue since they are beating the crap out of each other.
I thought that too, but, you can sit there at 200%+ all day if you want. Its not like your fighting abilities get any weaker.

Plus, you can sink and die at 0% if you fall in the water.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see another Brawl Talk, I loved your first one. In your latest video you told us to listen to Show Me Your News and I thought it was completely horrible and unlistenable. That is the first and last time I will ever listen to that ear-burning monstrosity.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'd like to see another Brawl Talk, I loved your first one. In your latest video you told us to listen to Show Me Your News and I thought it was completely horrible and unlistenable. That is the first and last time I will ever listen to that ear-burning monstrosity.

Awwww...*teartear*

Gotta love it when people bash something for no stated reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom