• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMastermind

Smash Ace
I had some actual questions!!

1: Is it possible to use the airdodge as a counter attack?
when you see them about to attack you in the air, you press dodge then one of your airials.

2: Does each character have a different airdodge length, or are they all the same?

3: Is it possible to use all airials AND B moves imediatly after an airdodge?

4: Would fast characters like Sonic/Captain Falcon be able to dash then jump to an airdodge
where they fly accross the whole map while doing the airdodge? or does it slow your jumping
speed down?

5: What was your impresion on the new edguarding and spikeing compaired to Melee?
Was it easyer to edgeguard? Or Harder? or about the same in general?

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Question

Is it possible to airdodge after a SH as an approach and do an aerial, so the chance of being damaged during you approach being very small, with the new air dodge mechanics? Could someone please answer this (Gimpyfish, or anyone who played the game).

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Question (AGAIN!!!)

Is it possible to airdodge after a SH as an approach and do an aerial, so the chance of being damaged during you approach being very small, with the new air dodge mechanics? Could someone please answer this (Gimpyfish, or anyone who played the game).

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Well, logically that would be possible, but only if the dodge animation ends well before you land from the short hop...

Its not exactly that difficult to answer that question yourself, man...

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
HAHAHAHAHAHA
well anyway I am hoping they lowered the amount of invincibility frame for edge hogging. It would make the game better if you can knock them off and steal the edge hog.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Thanks for that writeup gimpy. I'm liking what I hear about the game so far.

Everytime I learn something new, I want to play it even more.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Gimpy, great analysis!!! Very in-depth, and not biased like the reports I've read on other sites. Answwered a lot of my questions, especially about the characters!

Igneous42

Smash Ace
The boxes are confirmed, idk about the capsules and barrels, I haven't even seen the two. But exploding boxes are clearly marked
Ones that aren't marked can explode to I think. I swear I saw it happen while I was there (though can't say for sure)

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Don't play smart

Well, logically that would be possible, but only if the dodge animation ends well before you land from the short hop...

Its not exactly that difficult to answer that question yourself, man...
Actually it isn't if you haven't played the game yourself. Looking at what Gimp said it would be possible, but it being possible looking at other peoples information (that you actually don't know **** about) does't prove or answer anything.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
thanks gimpy for the review.

I personally am hoping for 2 things (i can think of at the moment) :

1: all items that explode will be somewhat marked (even if hard to notice)
2: shields break more often.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
what the characters need in this game is a good way to get on stage. I mean every character. LIKE YOSHI

tw1n

Smash Champion
Oh my God. I don't get on smashboards for the weekend and come back to find 15 new pages! Congrats Gimpy for having the fastest growing thread :)

Smash Ace
Hey, Gimpy. From the Dojo updates, they said that you can hold A to execute multiple neutral A attacks. Any application to this or other simplified control schemes?

Mike87

Smash Ace
Maybe they are still working on Zelda?

Metroid is gettin a new stage for sure. it had two in melee, and brawl is all about more, right
I've said it before, there is a good chance of there being a stage based on a planet from the MP series.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
When was Snake's final smash.. ever revealed?
I think he means they haven't shown it yet because it has a MGS 4 spoiler. But I doubt that personally, I think he seem to be basing this snake mostly off on mgs 1 and 2. His FS will be interesting though

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I have an erection right now.
Well that's... fun?

I think he means they haven't shown it yet because it has a MGS 4 spoiler. But I doubt that personally, I think he seem to be basing this snake mostly off on mgs 1 and 2. His FS will be interesting though
Exactly, not only wouldn't they be using a MGS4 FS because Snake is modelled after his MGS1 and MGS2 appearances, but Brawl releases significantly before MGS4 does. Even if he didn't show us his FS on the Dojo, everyone would still know it by the time Brawl was released, thus spoiling MGS4 for everyone regardless.

Lord SeBz

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, not only wouldn't they be using a MGS4 FS because Snake is modelled after his MGS1 and MGS2 appearances, but Brawl releases significantly before MGS4 does. Even if he didn't show us his FS on the Dojo, everyone would still know it by the time Brawl was released, thus spoiling MGS4 for everyone regardless.
Snake´FS will be taking out a cigarette, smoke it and everyone will die of cancer....except snake of course

Zink

Smash Champion
I haven't been reading lately but I feel justified in saying "where's brawl talk 2" cuz it's been like a week, man.

-ike is top tier

mario-man

Smash Lord
Dude Zink, I feel ya, but Gimpy is a freaking busy guy!! cut some slack. It'll be out when he's done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom