• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
yeah them screaming "PRESS ONE!" when you are metaknight and accross the stage from everyone else and facing the opposite direction was pretty interesting LOL

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Im surprised no one told those girls to shut up. If I wouldve been there I wouldve punched them in the ovaries... And then in the balls.

macdude55

Smash Cadet
If I was there...

Girl: Press One! Press One!

Me: I'd prefer not to just so you can see the pretty colors an get high off them. I'd actually like to use my Final Smash to KILL SOMEBODY!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
If I was there...

Girl: Press One! Press One!

Me: I'd prefer not to just so you can see the pretty colors an get high off them. I'd actually like to use my Final Smash to KILL SOMEBODY!
That would be the politest way of dealing with that efficiently :chuckle:

I would've just gone to the smash ball and kicked the crap out of everyone that tried to get it. But I wouldn't get it until they stopped yelling. Wonder how long they'd last? :laugh:

"GET IT! GET THE BALL!!! OH!! ALMOST!!! GET IT!!!"
*half the battle later*
"Aw...it disapeared, too bad."

"hahah No balls for you!! Suckas! Sluts!"

That's kinda harsh :urg: :laugh:

M.K

Level 55
Girls: Get the balls! Get the balls!
Me: I have the ****ing balls! *rips pants off and performs **** Final Smash*
*Girls Fainted*
*I gained Jail Experience*
*I grew to Threat Level 5!*

^^^Haha, just good fun, but they actually added...PIZAZZ (for lack of a better word) to the battles. I didn't mind them so much really...

MetaKnightmare

Smash Journeyman
Haunting your dreams, looking for cookies
Girls: Get the balls! Get the balls!
Me: I have the ****ing balls! *rips pants off and performs **** Final Smash*
*Girls Fainted*
*I gained Jail Experience*
*I grew to Threat Level 5!*

^^^Haha, just good fun, but they actually added...PIZAZZ (for lack of a better word) to the battles. I didn't mind them so much really...
EPIC ROFL!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

EDIT: More rofl's

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
in all the vids i've seen i was just waiting for someone who was playing to yell SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the way they kept screaming PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU got really bad, i would have been embarassed to be playing as Pikachu right then

festizzio

Smash Champion
in all the vids i've seen i was just waiting for someone who was playing to yell SHUT THE **** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the way they kept screaming PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU got really bad, i would have been embarassed to be playing as Pikachu right then
I'm sure one of those was me. >_>

Zink

Smash Champion
so where's brawl talk 2 LOL, haven't been keeping up :(
but I want to let you guys know... as soon as I get my hands on Ike, I'm gonna spend like 5 days just messing around, collectig frame data maybe, if possible. he will be my main. of course, I will likely have at least one or two high tier secondaries, because counterpicks are funski.,.

-ike is top tier

Zink

Smash Champion
actually, I'd be interested in frame data for final smashes. ie, do they all share an activation time or something? i'd also like to see how well they can be comboed into... hello high tier samus...
of course, this assumes items on. I'd presonally prefer no items, but I'm sure some matches will feature them. it's the only way boozer would be above mid tier ;)

-ike is top tier

verditude

Smash Journeyman
I'd presonally prefer no items, but I'm sure some matches will feature them. it's the only way boozer would be above mid tier ;)
What? Items make fast characters who can get them better and slow characters worse.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see a real match in Brawl. Or at least as real as we can make it right now.

I think competitive play will see lots more diversity in character choices. No more boring matches between 2 of: Fox, Falco, Marth, Sheik. As much as I love Fox and Sheik, I'm tired of watching them in every match.

With more characters being used frequently, there comes much more strategy. You have to be prepared for lots of different characters and play styles to consider yourself 'good', and I think that will separate the men from the boys, so to speak. I can't wait!

K.C. Cloud

Smash Ace
Dr. Unknown, I LOVE your sig.

Also, the sonic player didn't play like I pictured he would, but that diddy player was good.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Man I was hoping for a more even match between those two. But I guess not. Go Diddy! I can't wait to see 2 pros go head to head with Diddy vs Sonic. Rematch!

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Sonic just looks like one of those characters that you can't figure out right away. He probably has the next stage in pilaring with his Side B and Bair or something but his moves can't just be thrown around like MK etc...

I think you're right about the diverse top tier. Like Yoshi looks killer...but so does Link and Diddy and Pika and Peach. Pit looks unstoppable. This is a ridiculous game.

You are so freakin lucky to have had that opportunity (those who went). It looks SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun. OMG...

tw1n

Smash Champion
It should be fun trying out everyone :) Thus far everyone looks to be really strong for tournament play... except for Ike. But someone will figure out how to use him

I wonder what other characters they are going to put in Brawl as playable. I think alot of people will want to punch a child if Brawl doesn't get Captain Falcon back.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Sonic doesn't have to have the pillaring we know and love that Falco does. A "new" kind of Pillaring. It could involve plaenty of horizontal movement because of his specials that are both JClable and fast along with the movement and his Bairs or a Fair can drag people down at low percents. I think it will be close to a pillar then a wall. But a wall is very possible aswell. I really see pillarish possibilities though. This is a new game and the horizontal movement could be what's needed to pillar with this new DIable and floaty format.

Diddy is easy to understand...Sonic isn't cause we obviously have know idea what he's capable of.
He should have dash grabbed more in that battle though. No need for Sonic to dash "dance" at this beginner phase cause you can't react to his speed anyway :laugh:

worldjem7

Smash Ace
wouldn't pillaring be extremely hard and much less effective because of the new shields?

If I remember correctly Gimpy said that it only LOOKS like there's more shield hit-stun but, there's actually less so then how will you pillar characters in brawl like you would in melee?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
DI has been buffed a lot. You can DI practically anything and quite effectively allowing everyone to last a kit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom