• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Codename: Zero

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy, on your comment about Ike being very slow and having nothing but finishing moves: do you think that gives him great potential for teams?

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Hahahaha man it would suck that the usual 2-3 days without power a year thing happens on Feb. 10 in my house... I would ****ing go insane...
I can't decide which would be worse. the excitement of getting it and then getting home and we are without power (using my laptop in a motel currently XD) and having it for the 3-5 days they predict we'll be without, or waiting for a while longer.

I do believe you'd develope post traumatic stress syndrome from the former, and would eventually get used to the latter.

Psydon

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy, on your comment about Ike being very slow and having nothing but finishing moves: do you think that gives him great potential for teams?
I'm not Gimpy but I have something I want to say concerning that anyway.

I think Ike could be good in teams, but his partner would have to be somebody who could effectively keep both enemy players from ganging up on him. Since Ike needs his time to get going, a, for example, Fox and Metaknight team could easily tear him to pieces before he could launch a single attack.

One thing the players could try is throwing an enemy character into one of Ike's particularly slow but truly devastating moves, like his Fsmash.

Ike in FFA would not do well at all IMO. At least in 1v1 or teams Ike has a degree of focus, but in the chaos of FFA, especially with good players, he might be able to raise a few eyebrows but he wouldn't do anything truly spectacular.

I still firmly believe that Ike is not "garbage", in any sense, and that there is a way to make him a truly good character, but given his severe lack of speed I think that he'll play best in 1v1.

D

Deleted member

Gimpy you did not deliver Brawl Talk this weekend, I want my money back!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Dudes, stop being depressed because you could be playing brawl... just get over it... quoting monty python, allways look on the bright side of life
Im pretty happy right now, just tired and typing random stuff.
Though I do recall Gimpy saying something about making his ep2 during the weekend..

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
I am pumped for brawl and the thought that we could've had it is killing me. Good thing for Gimpyfish though. Here to tide us over (good luck in Africa)

D

Deleted member

I am pumped for brawl and the thought that we could've had it is killing me. Good thing for Gimpyfish though. Here to tide us over (good luck in Africa)
I thought the Africa thing was a joke? Unless you're joking? I'm confused.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Brawl...clunky, I think not

[B said:
And the most important thing[/B]: Does Brawl have the comboing potential that SSB64 and Melee did or is it just going to be a "clunky" game like some people have been saying?
I don't think it is. Even so, if people went back to it for 4 days in a row, I'm pretty sure it's still an awesome game. And although wifi doesn't automatically make something good, it general makes it ten times better than it originally was. Just look at hunters for the ds. Singleplayer=ju...just terrible. Wifi Multiplayer=Best thing to the ds that year.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I think brawl will be awesome no matter what. And something to take into consideration there, all fighting games have combo potential. Even Mortal Kombat 1 had alot of combo potential. Brawl has alot of it too I bet. We just need to wait and see what that is first. I think everyone who says Brawl is going to suck is going to be amazed come its release

D

Deleted member

It seems Gimpy is posting today and yesterday but not in this thread...I wonder what's going on with Brawl Talk.

D

Deleted member

Hay Gimpyfish62, my naem is deloartad1! i red all ur potss aboat smash brlawl, n it luukkz sooooooooooooooooo cooool omgz n umm i was just onedaring if ud ansir a Q i hav 4

Brlawl Talk!!!!11111

ok her goes.

wen u playd as sudowoodu wsas he tp of top tire? i kno hes a secrat chacarater im jus wondaring if u cn shedd sum lghtit on this hot stopic.

tyyyyyyyyyy gpmiy fish!

man i rlaly hop e sudowoodo has a claw moveset omg taht wuld be coler than harary poater

reasn 4 editng: fixd sum spallng typos

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
Hay Gimpyfish62, my naem is deloartad1! i red all ur potss aboat smash brlawl, n it luukkz sooooooooooooooooo cooool omgz n umm i was just onedaring if ud ansir a Q i hav 4

Brlawl Talk!!!!11111

ok her goes.

wen u playd as sudowoodu wsas he tp of top tire? i kno hes a secrat chacarater im jus wondaring if u cn shedd sum lghtit on this hot stopic.

tyyyyyyyyyy gpmiy fish!

man i rlaly hop e sudowoodo has a claw moveset omg taht wuld be coler than harary poater

reasn 4 editng: fixd sum spallng typos
Sudowoodo is not a playable character.

D

Deleted member

wowww ur stupiad, suodowado is in bralw gimpytold me

Sudowoodo is not a playable character.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

r u dum lol

i seen gimpy plays sudowoodo turstm e his up b is sick tho omggg

then agn the up b i m tkalin bout is 1 i thot of :cool: btut o wlel lol itz still supr coool

anyyawy bkac on topic

sudowdoudoz in blawrl, wher hav u been sakiarai's a huage fnan of him , did u play pokkemon? hs a main hcaratercer, u gota get him ot of da rode ... u cnat progarzss in dat game withoit sudowadoo

ok tellm e wat u think of dfis moveset

up b - sudoadwoo grows a hole lot n his brnaches grab da lledge temporarrly

side (fordawrad) b - sudowadoo shoots acrorns in a arc, (charggablle)

dow b - slams da gruon n makes roots grab eppooonents

noetarl b - shots small birds from its mouth

grab - dis ones ez he has long brnaches..betar than marth

k dats all i cn tink of atm...rate this tho!!

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
Gimpy abandoned us.

WaterToFire: I think that was a joke...
From the manner of his post, I gathered that he wasn't intelligent enough to make a joke like that. I though he was a troll, but posted politely on the off chance that he wasn't.

RDK

Smash Hero
I find it odd that Gimpy only pops in and out of SWF to post in the Back Room or the Staff Shack. Is he still doing Smash Talk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom