• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You guys, chill. It's finals time for those of us in college. I'm sure Gimpy has enough on his mind right now. Once he's on break I'm sure he'll have pleanty of time. If he feals like it... I don't know if I would, seeing how impatient we're being.
We're not being impatient, he said the next episode would be over a week ago then never came back to the thread. I guess you could say he shouldn't give a date if he can't hold himself to it, that's why I never promise anything. I sent him a private message (a polite one) and didn't get a response, so he's either too busy or just wants to ditch Brawl Talk...he's posting on the forum about other things so my guess is he doesn't feel like it anymore. Not that I can blame him, he did that Podcast and wrote up a massive article.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I guess you could say he shouldn't give a date if he can't hold himself to it, that's why I never promise anything.
"Not next year... not next... spring.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl WILL be released in December... Jan.. Feb... 10th... aww, **** it."

Sorry. What you said just reminded me of something. lol.

SJAK47

Smash Journeyman
Whether he comes back for episode 2 or not should not matter. He's doing it for all of us curious bunch and using up a good chunk of his time. Also, we're probably going to get some big news pretty soon and the game is less than two months away from release. Plus, most of us have finals and we (including Gimpy) need to focus on the real world.

All those who are taking finals, good luck.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
He said it would come out 3 and a half weeks a go then never came back to this thread, he's ditched brawl talk.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
I think he has exams. Lets just hope he does good in the exams and is in a good mood and puts up an episode quickly. (and says ike is slow again)

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure why he didn't just post it in this thread or tell us but he replied to my PM:

Gimpyfish62 said:
lots of personal stuff going on, finals, etc etc etc

i'll post in there as soon as i have a new one, but it could be a little while

tw1n

Smash Champion
Poor Gimpy. ya finals week is a pain in the ***. I have those too. I'm sure everyone will wait patiently Gimpy :D

Queitaro

Smash Rookie
North Carolina - I'm always up for a serious chall
Good Job Gimpyfish!

I just gotta say, I appreciate this Review. I feel satisfied after hearing about each characters development, too. I had a thirst to know if my favorite characters were still in top playing shape! My greatest dissapointments were the fact that (most importantly to me) Link's well known and Fearsome Spin Attack doesn't hit the way it did in Melee, and that apparently, Samus' Charge Beam and Missiles didn't seem as effective as they were in Melee. However, after hearing about how their overall steadyness is still intact and stronger, I feel Great!
I'm prayin' For those Nerfs to be "Corrected", man! How can I talk to the Development Teams, lol.
Anyway, Great Reviews Gimpyfish!
I'm givin' this info a 5 out of 5!

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
So far the characters seemed balanced to a point....Except for ike lol XD.

Hope link makes it in top tier list cuz he rules.

So far mario,peach,link,diddy and sonic sound the best.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Thank you so much for all of this info Gimpy! I admire that you mained a bottom tier to make a point. I know you just like Bowser overall, it's just so awesome. I was a Young Link mainer because of his balanced projectile and speed, I could adapt to most stages because of it. A while after Sonic was announced though I decided to temporarily main Fox so I could be good and ready for Sonic. I mained Young Link because I liked him and I'm going to main Sonic because I like him, regardless of where he ranks. I'm probably going to try out every character even so just because a variety is always something good to lean back on.

Itakio

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know if Fox can turn around in his reflector? If this is still possible, then wouldn't it be possible to run, shine, turn around, short hop laser?

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this was mentioned already (most likely was) but you can charge c-stick smashes by holding the Z button, and it says you couldn't do that in melee, but you can.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Gimpy, you wouldn't happen to, by chance, know what Zero Suit Samus's Down Special Move is? I know you skipped over doing an individual profile for her, but you should've seen it at least one in your time there, right?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
nice thanks for pointing that out youko, I was wondering about that.

btw, Do you know who's the most knowledgeable about sonic?

tw1n

Smash Champion
This is true. But they had to make everything at least somewhat different from melee :) They may have Nerfed some stuff but it always has a plus side somewhere. Its just going to take more practice and adjusting. I can't wait :)

I

i8waffles612

Geez, why are there so many of these people?
Well Im not trying to be demanding or anything..
But in SMYN he said he was going to try and get one up every week?
Lol, I was just wondering what was up with that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom