• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldskool

Smash Journeyman
Is the thing about Sonic's priority, really true? Based on what I could gather, he seemed to have almost no priority in any of his attacks accept for the Smashes. In the air he seems to get ***** the most.

WIND SMASHER X

Smash Cadet
Hey Gimpy does Sonic have any good finishing moves? He seems really good and the only reason against him seems to be that hes hard to learn. But is finishing moves a flaw for him?

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow so many repetitive arguments. I just really hope that Brawl gets much world wide competitive recognition as Melee. We shall see tho.

BraveDave88

Smash Apprentice
I had a question about Ike's attack speed...

Haha, seriously though, looking forward to the next Brawl talk whenever you get time. No rush on my part, just glad to see that somebody's dedicated to Smash enough to do something like that.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Thanks gimpy! I'm kind of new to these boards and i was so happy to find this post. Thank you!

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
The juggernaut that is Brawl soon comes...

Whelp, Melee has had it's legendary run, from basement/garage tourneys to big-time leagues with $10,000 prizes. Pretty daunting to know that there's less than 2 months left for it all, eh? Many things to remember about it like Ken's reign, PC and M2K's rise, or all the insanity and hilarity crews like Deadly Alliance brought to tournaments. Those of you that have never traveled much or simply are too new to the scene to know what i'm talking about should really get up off your butts and make sure that does not happen with Brawl!

With Brawl, many awesome things will come forth, some new and some returning, spanning all types of mediums like players, events, you name it. Oh and one of those new and amazing things is even hinted somewhere in my sig :cool: ! Yet all in all, Melee's like one of those good ol' CRTs you just gotta let go, cause the new 1080p is en route to your house.

Brawl is coming, and it's going to maul and eviscerate everything in it's path!

Luigi player

Smash Master
Edge hop – Edge hopping is in the game, but it seems like it might be less useful for some characters because of the overall “floatiness” factor. Also you can't actually drop from the ledge by pressing down anymore, just a little quirk about it. I found myself messing up my ledge hops at first because of this adjustment.
Is there any way that you can go down from the edge? (Like pressing the direction behind you?) This really makes me sad, you have a lot less things you can do now... only jumping (which sucks most of the time), rolling, and doing an attack... I'm really gonna miss those falling down-double jump-forward airs...

And another question: Can you still not grab the edge if you keep pressing down when you are near it?

M.K

Level 55
I have a really weird, yet surprisingly valid question:

Did anyone see the THEMED BOXES on the stages? You remember those right? Seriously! I totally forgot about them until recently. Also, can anyone point me to a video or picture (not the ones from the update) that shows the boxes? Thanks! (Anyone can answer this)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
What do you mean by theme boxes? o_O Can you describe them or something? lol.
I think he means the ones that look like presents, or space boxes, or metal boxes (there was an update about this)

Or maybe he means the ones with wheels, the ones that can explode or something.

Luigi player

Smash Master
He means that the boxes and barrels and capsules vary by stage.

And also: In the E4All demo it wasn't implemented from what I know...

Bjay

Smash Lord
Cheers :)

I think he means the ones that look like presents, or space boxes, or metal boxes (there was an update about this)

Or maybe he means the ones with wheels, the ones that can explode or something.
Thanks! I remember seeing those on the dojo site.

Come to think of it, I actually didn't notice any in the videos but items seem to pop out just like that a lot, but yeah I didn't really see boxes or anything.

But yeah, I like how the boxes are designed according to the stage. :p

Corrupted Fate

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the info i can't wait for the game do you have any up coming brawl talks? i whould like to know about pit or sonic and what you think of them. Thanks

verditude

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. Bowser's sideB, can it catch opponents in the air? I mean while both Bowser and his opponent are airborne.

SmashKong

Smash Rookie
I don't know about you guys but I really don't care if DK hasn't changed from melee to brawl!
I didn't have a problem with how he was in melee, I actully enjoy how he is and how he has been. I'm really enjoying the improvements they've done to DK's Down B move, I LOVE IT! also I love the fact that his Side B head butt move is now a lot easier to pull off now!

over all I'm just really happy with what they've done with DK. clearly its just only been a "work out" for DK, because he hasn't really changed at all. all they did was "tweaked" him a little bit. and I'm happy about that! ^_^

sure I know its just a demo, but in the real game everybody is just going to be tweaked a little bit from how they are now in the demo, like Ike for example.

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
I'm hoping with finals coming to an end we will be getting some new stuff from gimpy. I know as much as i really need to know right now, but I just like to watch the videos. I hope we also get new stuff from jump in japan.

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
where is Gimpyfish??? its been a While since I read him... mmm

maybe is in a comma or something else...

and by something else I mean dead...

and by dead I mean Having fun in real life whit other people...

and by other peoble I mean in a comma, or something else:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

D

Deleted member

I think this thread should be locked. Whether he plans on doing a new one or not, Brawl Talk is dead for all intensive purposes. When I said it was dead before he said something alone the lines of, "LOL, there is a new episode coming out this weekend." That was over a month ago. The game will be coming out in Japan soon and we'll have more info than we ever wanted.

lookatthatbaconsizzle

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, now that the Hitmen saw what he looked like in his videos, they finally found him. He tried to conceal his identity with sunglasses but knew that wouldn't help him. He risked his life to give us new Smash info. I honor him. :)

india3

Smash Cadet
480p and 60 frmaes per second

does anybody know if the demo was running with component cables (i.e. 480p and 60 fps) or with the regular composite cable? sorry if this has been asked before but i didn't have the patience to wade through 5,000 replies..

what about the updates? are they in 480p?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Merry Christmas everyone!

Alright I've obviously been absent from my thread, I pretty much decided I wasn't going to post unless I had a new episode of Brawl Talk or something like that. Well, I don't have a new episode of Brawl Talk, I'm on vacation with my family enjoying a much needed break! Once I get back to school I'll have more time to get these smash related things done, so I'll finally be answering some of those bigger questions and making more episodes. Anyways, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!

~Gimpyfish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom