• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuCKy

Smash Master
You mean I'm freakin' obsessed with a game and watch every demo video available and analyze how good each character is?
i have no idea what you mean!!! but if you played a mario then you would know that he is fu3king whacked!!!!!!!!!! if you didnt play the game and you know this then your the obssesed one watching every video and blog n stuff *sigh*

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Heheh... Could I make a suggestion?? 8D Could you please add a category, or... I dunno something, explaining the special moves that were NOT shown in the Dojo but where used in the Demo?

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
i have no idea what you mean!!! but if you played a mario then you would know that he is fu3king whacked!!!!!!!!!! if you didnt play the game and you know this then your the obssesed one watching every video and blog n stuff *sigh*
i didn't play the demo, not flying across the country and wasting a crap load of cash to play a demo of game for a few days

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
oops, my bad lucky. I forgot the "not" in there... i didn't do that, and i didn't play the demo, so i wouldn't know...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
anybody read the rating on gamepro, it got 30 out of 48 of the best games of 2008 while mario kart wii got 13( I just don't get that heck there has not been alot of info released about mkw to give it a 13 spot), also they were complaing about nintendo dog apperaing on the screen.

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
soviet prince- There probably gonna moan about things like Wavedash gone, even though that wasn't supoosed to be in the really... And they probably don't like the "floatiness"

Foe

Smash Journeyman
soviet prince- There probably gonna moan about things like Wavedash gone, even though that wasn't supoosed to be in the really... And they probably don't like the "floatiness"
You can't prove that. Don't say things out of what you want to think.

Who cares what the site says? The game hasn't been released yet so tons can and will be changed.

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice

Who cares what the site says? The game hasn't been released yet so tons can and will be changed.
I agree, I can't provie it, but I'm sure they didn't include it on purpose. Your strategy is probably vital to wavedashing in some form of way and refuse to believe that its a glitch. At first i refused to believe Dr. Mario had virtually no chance. Wanna know why? I main him. Seriously, WD was not meant to be in, deal with. Wait, and what do you mean "who cares what the site says, the hasn't been released so tons can and will be changed"?

Foe

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to argue about wavedashing. But by the way, I use Peach and do not wavedash to make it vital but I do use it. Same could be said to you: You could be a newb who uses items who can't stand the fact they cannot wavedash.

I was referring to Soviet Prince's post in the top of the page.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master

You mean the game that's out in just over a month? Which they're most likely mass producing and shipping out to thousands of stores?

Yeah, don't get your hopes up.

General Diddy

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to argue about wavedashing. But by the way, I use Peach and do not wavedash to make it vital but I do use it. Same could be said to you: You could be a newb who uses items who can't stand the fact they cannot wavedash.

I was referring to Soviet Prince's post in the top of the page.
I can wavedash, and I do play with items USUALLY and only in FRIENDLY matches. If i'm having some tournament or having some argument over who's better, i'll usually turn em off. But if you saw how much i mastered items, you'd have to gimme credit. But i fight very well either way.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
You mean the game that's out in just over a month? Which they're most likely mass producing and shipping out to thousands of stores?

Yeah, don't get your hopes up.
I meant from E for All demo which is the last time there was a playable demo to my knowledge. Which is most likely where they played the game.

Foe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, when I said tons I exaggerated a bit too much. They probably will fix the glitches and then some, but still is a lot/enough for me.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The argument that they took out WD'ing because it's a glitch fails because of flame cancelling... and float cancelling...

Gamepro (as well as most other video game rating sites) are staffed by people who aren't really good at most video games (or play Xbox a lot...) sos ssbm isn't really their forte. I doubt they even knew the existence of WD'ing.... They probably rated it for such a low number for the same reason that X-play said ssbm was the 4th best gamecube game (it was the best, it was the only reason why the gamecube sold at all...).

And unless you go to real tournaments (or play against someone who goes to them regularly) you suck (really badly) compared to them. I was in the same position as you 1 year ago.

Levitas

the moon
lol, who brings up flame cancelling... unless it's on the ness boards, of course...

I'm going away now

EDIT: upon further reading, I would like to point out that here are two important aspects to any game, the strategy behind manuvering, approaching, comboing, and killing is one of them. Technique is the other.

By taking out technique, the game becomes one of thought more than action. Therefore, it will be harder for people of average-above average intelligence to play at a pro level. People who are so easily outmanuvered in melee by something as trivial as wavedashing will be blown from any chance of competitive level play.

By amplifying technique, a LARGER competitive scene is likely to form, as precision of controls is a skill that anyone can learn with a little patience. It puts people who play on completely different levels on a more even playing field.

So if you think that taking wavedashing out will give you an advantage over your friend that sat down for an hour and figured it out, think again. It's a skill. One that you can learn. Tactics and outsmarting another player takes something that you can't practice just like that.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
lol, who brings up flame cancelling... unless it's on the ness boards, of course...

I'm going away now

EDIT: upon further reading, I would like to point out that here are two important aspects to any game, the strategy behind manuvering, approaching, comboing, and killing is one of them. Technique is the other.

By taking out technique, the game becomes one of thought more than action. Therefore, it will be harder for people of average-above average intelligence to play at a pro level. People who are so easily outmanuvered in melee by something as trivial as wavedashing will be blown from any chance of competitive level play.

By amplifying technique, a LARGER competitive scene is likely to form, as precision of controls is a skill that anyone can learn with a little patience. It puts people who play on completely different levels on a more even playing field.

So if you think that taking wavedashing out will give you an advantage over your friend that sat down for an hour and figured it out, think again. It's a skill. One that you can learn. Tactics and outsmarting another player takes something that you can't practice just like that.
If I wasn't so lazy, I would have said all of that. QFT over a thousand times.

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)

I'm going away now

No, it makes it easier to concentrate on thinking and playing smart, thus allowing average thinkers as well as average techskilled people to be good.

Levitas

the moon
No, it makes it easier to concentrate on thinking and playing smart, thus allowing average thinkers as well as average techskilled people to be good.
That's almost right. It allows average thinkers to think as well as they'll be able to. It allows exceptional thinkers to think exceptionally. And without tech skill to help non-exceptional thinkers make up for that defecit, those who can't outwit their opponent are gone from competitive play.

My friends and I host tournaments at U of M every other week. I know what I'm talking about. Not everyone is a genius at games. Those people can hang in because of tech skill. The ones who win the tournaments are those who have an in-depth knowledge of the game, have tech skill, and are smart enough to outwit those who they face. By removing the one thing that any non-pro has going for them against a pro, you simply remove their final obstacle in their way of crushing you completely--the ability to outmanuver them (like with dash-dancing and wavedancing) and the ability to combo at their level (with character specific techniques, like Ness's DJC and Marth's fair).

So basically, you really shouldn't assume that once brawl comes out, everyone will play on an even playing ground. In reality, it'll be all the more crooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom