• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at your video Gimpy....er......To...ny. (I actually remembered your name) ^_^

"You don't have time to ponder such questions, for Link has just grabbed a Smash Ball!!"

"Ike = Garbage Tier"

@ To the people who think MetaKnight is the Marth/Sheik or whatever...

He's not even close.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
its not an argument its just a little side note that doesn't necessarily even relate
You are totally incorrect. Such an argument can serve as such awesome purposes like temporarily distracting your opponent with horrid logic! (And funnies!)

And I'm a Melee Link player, so tiers aren't a think thing for me. I can play most characters, but the worst of the worse (Pichu, Metwo, Kirby) are... Pretty hard for me to do anything with. :ohwell:

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
I was going to make a seperate thead, but I will try here first.

Ok, one quick question, does anyone know who won the tournements? Any one who we would know?

And now my main question: How were the sound effects, if you could here them that is? Was the music as epic as it is on Dojo? Did the music blend well with the stages? Did it all just seem reptitive? That is, of course, unlike the videos, you can here the music and sound effects.

I was going to make a seperate thead, but I will try here first.

Ok, one quick question, does anyone know who won the tournements? Any one who we would know?

And now my main question: How were the sound effects, if you could here them that is? Was the music as epic as it is on Dojo? Did the music blend well with the stages? Did it all just seem reptitive? That is, of course, unlike the videos, you can here the music and sound effects.
Well, those "tournaments" wern't really tournaments at all, but here is an official Brawl tournament that took place at E For All. Click Here

Good games Neal.:)

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Lol at your video Gimpy....er......To...ny. (I actually remembered your name) ^_^

"You don't have time to ponder such questions, for Link has just grabbed a Smash Ball!!"

"Ike = Garbage Tier"

@ To the people who think MetaKnight is the Marth/Sheik or whatever...

He's not even close.
yur right about Meta Knight....he's not close to Marth/Sheik....HIS LEVEL IS BEYOND THEM!!! ITS OVER 9000!!!!!.....LOL (^^)v

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
Ok. First I must say will not be garbage tier. His moves are great and have good knock back. Almost all his moves are kill moves to. He may be slow but his moves don't take uber long to start up.
Anyway Metaknight is going to be crazy. I feel as though hes more like the next fox. Everyone can own with him.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Ok. First I must say will not be garbage tier. His moves are great and have good knock back. Almost all his moves are kill moves to. He may be slow but his moves don't take uber long to start up.
Anyway Metaknight is going to be crazy. I feel as though hes more like the next fox. Everyone can own with him.
Fox is hard to play. You must mean Shiek.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Fox is hard to play. You must mean Shiek.
Fox wasn't hard to play. Just hard not to suicide at first use. But ya Sheik is broken and easy as hell to use. So Metaknight will probably be like Sheik. Very beginner friendly but also great at the high levels of competition

he will die the death of 1000 deaths in brawl.

mark my word.
So true... but I hope everyone realizes that there will be an Ike main that will own. Every character in melee had one. Brawl will too.

mario-man

Smash Lord
we're not talking about Brawl with the Fox bit. Why else would Sheik be mentioned in the same sentence?

festizzio

Smash Champion
gimpy.are youable to say what pokemon you seen on ethe pokemon stage eg skarmory
From what I remember there was Electivire (controlling the conveyor belts), hoppip (floating in the air level), that's all I can think of, I know there were more but it's been too long. And I doubt Gimpy would know, he hated that level. ;_;

verditude

Smash Journeyman
I have a question. What stages seem like ban material? I mean, Norfair and Rumble Falls seem pretty unfair, but others like Halberd, Eldin, and PS2 seem questionable.

Bjay

Smash Lord
From what I remember there was Electivire (controlling the conveyor belts), hoppip (floating in the air level), that's all I can think of, I know there were more but it's been too long. And I doubt Gimpy would know, he hated that level. ;_;
Also, a Drifloon ^^

Teeb147

Smash Legend
QUESTION FOR GIMPY:

When you jump out of Sonic's dash, does he continue going horizontally as fast? (such as cpt falcon from melee), or does he slow down in the air (Like Shiek)?

This is kindof important for me. Is there anywhere where you describe a bit better the 'floatiness' of characters?

festizzio

Smash Champion
I have a question. What stages seem like ban material? I mean, Norfair and Rumble Falls seem pretty unfair, but others like Halberd, Eldin, and PS2 seem questionable.
Definitely the fire emblem stage, when it changes there's a part that's like flat zone, VERY easy to die off the sides.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say Eldin. you can clearly see the break in the stage coming and the Boss guy coming. Very easy to play on. PS2 seems fair too. One I would say is a ban is Wario ware. Too much interference and it changes too often. A definite good tournament stage is smashville. Very flat. Almost no interference

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Battlefield will definitely be banned this time around. It has way too many places where you can get gimped by the stage or get easily killed to a point where it's unfair. (jokes ftw)

UltimateN00b

Smash Cadet
Gimpy, you talked about the range increase and the knockback nerf of Bowser's fsmash, but you didn't talk about its usefulness or if it was better/worse. What can you say about the usefulness of Bowser's fsmash based on the demo? Does the insane range make up for its knockback decrease? Do you prefer Bowser's Melee fsmash over Brawl's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom