• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. First I must say will not be garbage tier. His moves are great and have good knock back. Almost all his moves are kill moves to. He may be slow but his moves don't take uber long to start up.
Anyway Metaknight is going to be crazy. I feel as though hes more like the next fox. Everyone can own with him.
Everything you said was wrong. Everything. If you're judging by video, then you clearly don't know that the video's skip frames, which makes the characters look as if they are moving way faster. Another thing, don't attempt to contradict us about a character before you actually play him. We played with him, you didn't. Who's more believable?

Elysium

Smash Lord
Everything you said was wrong. Everything. If you're judging by vudeo, then you clearly don't know that the video's skip frames, which makes the characters look as if they are moving way faster. Another thing, don't attempt to contradict us about a character before you actually play him. We played with him, you didn't. Who's more believable?
I do believed that owned. :laugh:

UltimateN00b

Smash Cadet
Gimpy, you talked about the range increase and the knockback nerf of Bowser's fsmash, but you didn't talk about its usefulness or if it was better/worse. What can you say about the usefulness of Bowser's fsmash based on the demo? Does the insane range make up for its knockback decrease? Do you prefer Bowser's Melee fsmash over Brawl's?
Ahem !

worldjem7

Smash Ace
HAHAHA:laugh:HAHAHAHAHA no......:psycho:
*hint hint* (see bolded)

Battlefield will definitely be banned this time around. It has way too many places where you can get gimped by the stage or get easily killed to a point where it's unfair. (jokes ftw)

And FalcoChamp

Ok. First I must say [Ike] will not be garbage tier. His moves are great and have good knock back. Almost all his moves are kill moves too. He may be slow but his moves don't take uber long to start up.
Anyway Metaknight is going to be crazy. I feel as though hes more like the next Sheik. Everyone can own with him.
Fixed. :)

And yeah... no, I think I'll take the word of someone who's played the demo of the game rather than the opinion of everyone else who hasn't.

Now onto UltimateN00b's question (if you please).

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, does anybody know if sonic's jump out of a dash keeps its horizontal momentum? or does he move slower than when dashing? This is an important question.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
I am still stuck between sonic and metaknight. I originally played as falco and fox's moves were messed with. Who do you recommend?

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
I have a question. What stages seem like ban material? I mean, Norfair and Rumble Falls seem pretty unfair, but others like Halberd, Eldin, and PS2 seem questionable.
Discuss stages in the thread bz AlphaYealot entitled: SSBM: Stage Banishment and Reasoning. There's a version of it in the brawl boards that is about brawl stages.

GenG

Smash Lord
People shouldn't be obsessed with tiers and bannings so early. Those things comes after intensive play.

tw1n

Smash Champion
I agree. I hope everyone at least takes some time to start enjoying the game before they get too competitive. Relax people. Competitions will come soon enough

Elysium

Smash Lord
Maybe we should ban everyone except Ike, that way all we have is trash tier. That creates a level playing field since we'll all suck, and it will end all these complaints about the lack of character updates...... Or we could play for noncompetitive fun, but I already addressed that. lol

Edit: Sorry Gimpy, I didn't specify the type of fun. I fixed it though.

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
I don't care about the competitive scene that much. I've never even been to a tournament, and the entire time I've been playing smash its just been friendly matches, and its been fun. I never knew what wavedashing or any of that was until I started posting here.

Phoenix_Rising

Smash Cadet
Gimpyfish, I don't think you should have changed Nyasea's first post like that. Even if you think it's fake you should let the community decide if they want to believe his info is real or not. I don;t care if you close he thread, but don't go around changing posts because you think it's dumb.

WaterToFire

Smash Apprentice
Gimpyfish, I don't think you should have changed Nyasea's first post like that. Even if you think it's fake you should let the community decide if they want to believe his info is real or not. I don;t care if you close he thread, but don't go around changing posts because you think it's dumb.
I agree with the part about about editing the post, but I don't think the thread should have been closed.

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
there's still a lack of proof. Saying he has a contact is the easiest way to add "validity" to bull**** statements over the internet, especially if they don't have all the details. so really, without proof, it doesn't make sense to let a rumor mill stay open, when it's trying to say it's factual and you have to believe it.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
there's still a lack of proof. Saying he has a contact is the easiest way to add "validity" to bull**** statements over the internet, especially if they don't have all the details. so really, without proof, it doesn't make sense to let a rumor mill stay open, when it's trying to say it's factual and you have to believe it.
ehh tru...but u gotta admit that would be pretty sweet if someone did have a contact =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom