• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash Ace
Hey, Gimpy. Thanks for discussing the alternate costumes. I enjoyed it all, but those rumors really needed to be dispelled.

Can you talk about how the edge game has evolved? Is it just easier on casual players (although some casual players can actually sweetspot pretty consistently), or does it make edgeguarding harder even on a competitive level? Is the game more forgiving of bad/predictable recoveries? Is off-edge combat more forgiving? Can you make a tier list for recovery (sorry about that)? Am I asking questions that you can't answer after a 4-day demo? How does the floatiness change midair combat?

If you can actually answer the tier list question after a four-day demo, I will probably start a Church Of Gimpyfish, or maybe a Gimpy 4 Prez campaign.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Where were the girls on Trampolines Gimpy? Next video then. ;)

Besides that I thought it was awesome. Thats a lot of info to cover in 10 mins, but you did it. Though I'm kinda disappointed that we didn't get more characters in the demo. I want to know how all the other mid/low tiers from Melee got improved. Good job though, I'm proud of you son.

(one last question, where were the shades?)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Alright guys, I know you're just joking and all, but seriously stop with the racism. I don't want to have to start giving out infractions.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...

How about that Mario, eh? He's, uh...lookin' good, right? Myeah...mm.

>_>;;

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
grr.every time i look and stare at that first post i die a little inside.....
also even though gimpy said its a lot floatyer on vids in doesnt look to much floatyer.and from the looks of things diddy=top tier

Zink

Smash Champion
Man, I wish PT was in the demo... he looks so interesting! I guess we have to settle for more circular ike debates eh wot?

-ike is top tier

Konpaku

Smash Journeyman
Dont they lose stamina if you keep them out for too long?
If thats how it is I wont be able to stick to Squirtle =/

CJay

Smash Cadet
Wow you played Brawl, wanna write a book about it or sell merchandising, maybe a own magazin or my impressions of brawl Th3 MOvIe ?

RDK

Smash Hero
you'd be suprised it will sell billions <_<
I'd buy it. Or at least illegally download it, if I heard it wasn't that great.

Is Gimpy one of the leading actors?

RDK

Smash Hero
nobody said ike is the noob character nor did anyone claim roy is bad because he is too slow
If I had to pick, I'd say MK is more the n00b character than Ike is. By a long shot.

FalcoChamp

Smash Apprentice
I think they are changing the way heavy weight characters work. Plus Ike's moves don't have that much space between them and they get great knockback. He seems good. BTW any info on Pokemon Trainer I really wanna main him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom