• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Germ is ****

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoro

Smash Champion
1. Mango - Jigglypuff/Falco - $2,280
2. Armada - Peach - $1,425
3. Hungrybox - Jigglypuff - $855
4. Zhu - Falco/Fox - $570
5. Mew2King - Marth/Sheik - $228
6. Scar - Falcon - $171
7. Darkrain - Falcon - $114
8. Hax - Falcon - $57
9 Pink Shinobi - Peach
9 Raistlin - Jigglypuff
9 Lambchops - Falco
9 Dashizwiz - Falco/Fox
13 Vwins - Peach
13 Tope - Sheik
13 Jman - Fox
13 Darc - Jigglypuff
17: Lucky - Fox
17: Falcomist - Falco
17: Linguni - Ganondorf
17: Kage - Ganondorf
17: blunted_object10 - Falco
17: Bob$
17: Cactuar - Marth/Fox
17: phil - Fox/Jigglypuff
25: UberIce
25: SOS
25: fly amanita - Ice Climbers
25: Kira - Sheik
25: Lovage - Fox
25: SilentSpectre - Captain Falcon
25: germ - Link
25: Lunin - Fox

Highest Placing Low tier at genesis
Only low tier in top 25
Highest placing link in tournament with the only other notable one placing
169: Deva (no hate to him im sure he's rusty from playing too much brawl)

People need to stop hating on germ hes legit
best in the world thats right i said it

Hiku86

Smash Rookie
I like Germ. But I think Aniki is a better Link. Thats just my opinion. Germ has a very aggressive flashy style but I believe that Aniki's projectile game, patience and ability to predict his opponents convinces me he is the best Link. Again just my opinion. Germ is a great Link. He truly represents

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Aniki vids are like 3-4 years old...we havent seen anything new out of him in YEARS.

there no way to tell how aniki would do in todays metagame, germ o nthe other hand proves himself constantly, its pretty ridiculous to think aniki is still the best, back then it was arguable, now, its definite.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I like Germ. But I think Aniki is a better Link. Thats just my opinion. Germ has a very aggressive flashy style but I believe that Aniki's projectile game, patience and ability to predict his opponents convinces me he is the best Link. Again just my opinion. Germ is a great Link. He truly represents
That must be one comfortable rock.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
germ is reckless. he has the second best taste in music in smash boards (next to me). but yeah he is legit. very legit at that.

but philly has highest ranking falcon. in your face darkrain! lol jk hes good i got respect

edit- aniki is now known as waniki last i heard. yup he plays wario in brawl.

rhan

Smash Hero
Who ever brought up that Aniki > Germ bull**** needs to check up on thier smash happenings.

Germ IS officially the best Link. Present results speak very loudly and proudly. Aniki wouldn't be able to keep up now. The smash metagame has evolved too much for him to even compare to others.

Skler

Smash Master
Aniki hasn't been good in like, 4 years.

I can't believe they got Darc's placing wrong. There shouldn't be a 3 after that 1.

Edit: Do they have brackets up?

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
why the hell dont you go to tournies skler ?

you and pine are dead now

Skler

Smash Master
I had my appendix out recently. I was in the hospital!

I hit all the nationals on the east coast >.> people just don't make threads about those.

Go to zeb's fest and game unicon.

Edit: this is all @ kenY, somebody NINJAED above me

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yeah it "perforated" according to the doctor, I thought it was a kind of nice way of putting it.

Good times.
its good your back. I've been wondering where you've been, I kinda wanted to ask you something about match up and stuff.

perforated.... hmmm il remember that word.

yeah stos, he prolly is. either that or "retire" again.
of course hes ****, he actually made me stay with Link back in 06 when i was about to change to pick up Fox.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
im a roy main really. my marth is as good as my roy. but link is just too fun not to use. i think its his moment that made use him.

but back on topic, germ is ****.

Deva

Smash Lord
Germ's Link is ****, few things to clarify though.

We got geyed out and got stuck in the same pool. I had just finished playing some brawl tourney stuff right before we did melee pools (johnz). Germ was the first person I had to play in pools, and despite almost being three stocked every single match, I always brought it back to 1 stock high %, including the one where I came back from a 3 stock deficit and won. I can john about it all day, but brawl seriously messes up your melee game and you need at least an hour to get back into the melee swing. I think we were both about to **** our pants last game though lol. I sd'd twice at the beginning, basically I had to start with 1 stock 130%, and germ at 3 stock 30%. I camped like a mofo and brought him down to 1 stock (pretty sure he sd'd somewhere there too). Then he got me off with a nair at 180%, I was way below near the blast zone, and due to my %, was able to bomb jump back to the stage. I got him to 150%, I was at about 220 I think lol, craziest stuff ever.

Aside from that, Germ's Link is hella good. But he went a lot of falco in pools, and tournament for that matter. Also, I beat all of the players in pools with Link he had to go Falco for. In the end though, Germ beat the shiek or fox, forgot which player it was, with Falco, that I lost 2-1 to with Link, so he ended up making it out instead of me.

Still, Germ's Link is hella good, regardless of going Falco most of the tournament.

Zoro

Smash Champion

this aint brawl son
lol

Skler

Smash Master
I was surprised there was only one round of pools.

They listed Germ as Link in the results 0.o, I demand vids/brackets!

The GERM

Smash Ace
Wow, I'm starting to hate Link players again

We got geyed out and got stuck in the same pool. I had just finished playing some brawl tourney stuff right before we did melee pools (johnz). Germ was the first person I had to play in pools, and despite almost being three stocked every single match, I always brought it back to 1 stock high %, including the one where I came back from a 3 stock deficit and won. I can john about it all day, but brawl seriously messes up your melee game and you need at least an hour to get back into the melee swing. I think we were both about to **** our pants last game though lol. I sd'd twice at the beginning, basically I had to start with 1 stock 130%, and germ at 3 stock 30%. I camped like a mofo and brought him down to 1 stock (pretty sure he sd'd somewhere there too). Then he got me off with a nair at 180%, I was way below near the blast zone, and due to my %, was able to bomb jump back to the stage. I got him to 150%, I was at about 220 I think lol, craziest stuff ever.

Aside from that, Germ's Link is hella good. But he went a lot of falco in pools, and tournament for that matter. Also, I beat all of the players in pools with Link he had to go Falco for. In the end though, Germ beat the shiek or fox, forgot which player it was, with Falco, that I lost 2-1 to with Link, so he ended up making it out instead of me.

Still, Germ's Link is hella good, regardless of going Falco most of the tournament.
1. I wasn't the first person you played in pools, I jumped on your tv after you finished your match with someone.

2. I went falco twice in pools and the rest Link, I didn't have to go Falco, it's easier and faster with Falco, plus Falco is really good warm up. I went ALL Link in bracket, not one single match did I switch.

3. You wouldn't have come back from being 3 stocked every match if I didn't try random risky crowd pleasers to kill you last stock and embarrass you in front of your friends you grabbed to watch you play me.

4. Brawl to melee johns are lame. Try running the biggest tournament in history, waking up at 6 every day to setup the venue, and getting no sleep for the last 4 days, those are my johns. With those circumstances, I still tapped you.

5. You were a pretty cool guy in person, but honestly you have way too much to prove. The mere fact that when I sat down to play you and you were like "hold on, let me go grab my friends to watch this", tells me a lot about your character. You dragged your friends over there just to watch you get *****. Your Link is mediocre at best. You're extremely sloppy and have no control over your character, it felt like I was playing a 2004 version of myself. You and Lovo are exactly the same, too much to prove. But proving to be the best Link by beating me is 1. dumb, and 2. will never happen. Until you start adding some decent names to your resume, please don't claim anything.

D

Deleted member

**** herman attack with numbers.

you could have just posted a picture of your NES controller, that would have won any argument sufficiently.

and iirc you were still pretty good in 2005. until isai played fox. =/

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
My gawd, thats so ****ing hawt. Scar over SS AND Darkrain, tho? Didn't see that one coming. Don't believe/ Do believe the hype, depending on your standpoint. Anyhow, hella good show, Germ. Low tier love, thats some good ****.

Skler

Smash Master
Somebody said something about a bracket. Are those posted up yet? I want to see themmmmmm.

Edit: Nevermind, found them.

Good job Linking the **** out of people, though this does make his position in the low tier even less stable! Oh well, nobody does low tier tournies anymore :(

P.S. I submit that Link dittos are the only way to prove who has the best Link.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
GERM has mastered they call "guerilla war tactics".

and seriously, link should be in mid tier IMO.

i wish they still had low tier tournaments tooo...

Rubyiris

Smash Hero

You must be terrible at Melee, if Brawl messes you up.

That's like saying Tetris messes up your Melee skills. Or any other game on the planet.

Thats scrub**** johns right there. Not legit.

If anything, Brawl should make you better at Melee. You don't have technical skill to fall back on. You need impeccable spacing, timing, and patience to do well in Brawl, and it's transferable to Melee.

Look how ****ing good M2K, Armada, and DEHF did.

They play both games.

onedayafter7

Smash Apprentice
You must be terrible at Melee, if Brawl messes you up.

That's like saying Tetris messes up your Melee skills. Or any other game on the planet.

Thats scrub**** johns right there. Not legit.

If anything, Brawl should make you better at Melee. You don't have technical skill to fall back on. You need impeccable spacing, timing, and patience to do well in Brawl, and it's transferable to Melee.

Look how ****ing good M2K, Armada, and DEHF did.

They play both games.

umm. i disagree. playing brawl does effect your melee skill. timing and whatnot.

Zoro

Smash Champion
hungrybox z cancels too actually he uses z for everything never touches the a button he also jumps with up , weird guy

why the hell is there no genesis vids of germ ?
this is a sad sad day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom