• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia: What are we going to do?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Needs more Brawl bi-weeklies.

If I got the local Play N Trade to do 'em, would people come?

That aside, I still want to host a tournament at Idle Hour Park again. Maybe I could attract a big fund taking some of the biweekly money and putting it in the pot for that. What do you think?

GAwes

Hidden Boss
i'll read through the last two pages when i get back, but for the moment, im really happy with everyone's efforts, although i disagree with pessimistic comments and think that it IS possible to get more people into melee. Im not talking about halo numbers, but we have an average of 8 people show up for georgia tournaments, i think we can triple that. now really, in a state of 8 million people, is 24 people wanting to be competitive in a video game an insane scenario? Seriously guys, i know the economy is ****, but at the moment gas is the cheapest its been since the year i started driving. We can do this, it is notttt impossible

And as far as brawl goes, i'd love to see more players get into both games, but as sleepy said, its more of the same franchise than it is a similar game and while i think we should move towards peace on the forums, i dont see the need of mixing brawl and melee into one thread, because I, like many others, do not like to read posts irrelevant to my interests if i dont have to, and if i go on here to find out whats going on in melee, i really could not give less of a **** whats happening in brawl, if i want to know, i'll look at their threads, i think mixing them would be doing injustice to both anyway, surely their communities deserve their own gathering place.

EDIT: If tong's bi-weeklies or w/e on wednesday continue into next semester, i'll be there, i have school on wed. so i could drop by for sure.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
teams in GA does need to step it up.

More money for me and marty nom nom nom nom nom.
LOL. Second place doesnt pay that much dood

On a serious note, more teams is needed, every time outside teams come from other states, in general, we get ****ing stomped. Lets end that bull**** prz =)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I have a question, Wes. Do you still have ties with the guys at XPlayGrounds? That was a top-tier venue; I'd drive there for Melee, and I don't even play the game competitively anymore.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
since sleepy is so willing to drive people i think he cares enough for me to get around :)
or at least i hope

edit
@refelx yes you do dont lie to yourself

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
oh i hadn't actually thought about what day i can do smashfest weeklys or bi weeklys but i can figure it out i have to ask the peons i live w/

chaddd

Smash Lord

On a serious note, more teams is needed, every time outside teams come from other states, in general, we get ****ing stomped. Lets end that bull**** prz =)
I don't recall this happening.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL

lol at any GA team beating the incredible double bubble peach.

I mean, me and marty beat a ganon fox team on mushroom kingdom 2. That to me means that we are basically unstoppable.

tru fax.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
lol at any GA team beating the incredible double bubble peach.

I mean, me and marty beat a ganon fox team on mushroom kingdom 2. That to me means that we are basically unstoppable.

tru fax.
Teams MM me and Josh?

10$/per teammate 2/3?

But back on topic: yes we need more teams entrants. I HATE going to a tournament with a decent sized turnout and then only like, 6 people enter teams when 20 showed up. >.<

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
i'll read through the last two pages when i get back, but for the moment, im really happy with everyone's efforts, although i disagree with pessimistic comments and think that it IS possible to get more people into melee. Im not talking about halo numbers, but we have an average of 8 people show up for georgia tournaments, i think we can triple that. now really, in a state of 8 million people, is 24 people wanting to be competitive in a video game an insane scenario? Seriously guys, i know the economy is ****, but at the moment gas is the cheapest its been since the year i started driving. We can do this, it is notttt impossible

EDIT: If tong's bi-weeklies or w/e on wednesday continue into next semester, i'll be there, i have school on wed. so i could drop by for sure.

When you got chaingrabbing in brawl you can't get really get kids to join. Only people who enjoy the challenge and know why the game's so awesomely fun.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yeah, chaingrabbing is really fun in brawl.

jk jks.
lol nica, you guys are kind of... extremely out of the way.
but i might pick you guys up for an atlanta event.

B-Down

Smash Apprentice
I would enter teams, but i never really want to ask for a teammate. Although i try to smash whenever i can, i feel bad about "Dragging them down". I know the only way to get better at teams is through friendlies, but until i have a car, i'm not mobile, and my lack of mobility is my real problem now.

I love teams.
I love Melee.

As soon as i get my car(Should be next month) I will make an effort to attned every tournement and smashfest i can. Since i play friendlies with people closer to me, it is my hope that be me facing tougher competition and improving, i will be tougher competition for them and have them improve.

Simply put, i love melee, and I make an effort to attend every event i can. However, right now im more or less the stupid spectator of the melee community. I can watch matches and comment on how fun they look, but i can't really get involved due to my lack of transportation.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I have a question, Wes. Do you still have ties with the guys at XPlayGrounds? That was a top-tier venue; I'd drive there for Melee, and I don't even play the game competitively anymore.
havent talked to them at all in a year and a half, i'll drop by soon, talk to larry, and probably not ask him to do it right off the bat, but i'll see if i can get something goin, even if its a smaller tourney, i'll try to make it a EVERYONE SHOULD COME LOCALLY type thing.

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I would enter teams, but i never really want to ask for a teammate. Although i try to smash whenever i can, i feel bad about "Dragging them down". I know the only way to get better at teams is through friendlies, but until i have a car, i'm not mobile, and my lack of mobility is my real problem now.

I love teams.
I love Melee.

As soon as i get my car(Should be next month) I will make an effort to attned every tournement and smashfest i can. Since i play friendlies with people closer to me, it is my hope that be me facing tougher competition and improving, i will be tougher competition for them and have them improve.

Simply put, i love melee, and I make an effort to attend every event i can. However, right now im more or less the stupid spectator of the melee community. I can watch matches and comment on how fun they look, but i can't really get involved due to my lack of transportation.
Awesome man, im glad all my threads and **** are started to introduce some new names to me. Just stick to the boards and try to find someone closer to you. oh, and this is a general announcement but. . .

IF ITS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK CAN, CAN EVERYONE PUT IN THEIR ACTUAL LOCATION UNDER THE "LOCATION" SECTION OF THEIR PROFILE, IT WOULD MAKE THIS SORT OF THING TONS EASIER!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!! NO ONE KNOWS WHERE YOU KIDS LIVE, YOUR LITTLE MADE UP TAGS ARENT COOL OR FUNNY, AND NO ONE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO HELP YOU!

but yeah, b-down, in the meantime just see if any of your friends are interested in actually playing smash, show them some videos, and let them know that everything is just a few steps away, all it takes is a little work that easily pays for itself in enjoyment, not only is smash one of the most fun games around, but its easily the most rewarding game ive ever played =P

GAwes

Hidden Boss
geeeooorgiiia

I FEEL THE LIGHTNIN AND IM WAITIN TO HEAR THAT THUNDAAAHHHH

we can dooo this thang dooders, look at all the people popping up already, its only been a few days. Start training these kids, find their friends, train them, trickle down sure as hell doesnt work for economics but can it work for smash bros? Lets find out!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

GEOOOOOORGIIIIIIIAAAAAAAA

GA_wes

GAwes

Hidden Boss
IF ITS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK CAN, CAN EVERYONE PUT IN THEIR ACTUAL LOCATION UNDER THE "LOCATION" SECTION OF THEIR PROFILE, IT WOULD MAKE THIS SORT OF THING TONS EASIER!!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!! NO ONE KNOWS WHERE YOU KIDS LIVE, YOUR LITTLE MADE UP TAGS ARENT COOL OR FUNNY, AND NO ONE CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO HELP YOU!
Could everyone take this seriously, namynam, i probably wont be able to help out before christmas, but i think you should let everyone know what city you live in through your name/account settings so that when someone from your area happens to see you, they can contact you, its a far better chance than mentioning it once on a thread that wont be around in a week. this goes for everyone. ^_^

GA_Wes

Eggz

Smash Hero
eggz u still have my number hit me up..to4 is going to be huge its on jan 17th and 18th
my phone broke and i had to get a new one, actually. you should text me so i have your number again.
i plan on going to that, marin just linked me a couple hours ago.

425-923-5796

GAwes

Hidden Boss
i dont have problems findin players in my town, im tryin to get some games in with people out of town like the ATL area....
So are you in augusta for the school year and then in savannah or what? have you heard of drugged fox or ss118? Look them up on smashboards and tell them i sent you, they're from savannah and easily the best players there. They're highly technical, but if you want to play them, i can explain to them how to help you get better, trust me, they're pretty good.

chad warden

Smash Rookie
man ***** what you think this is you cant have pix of yourself in ur sig, thats chad daddys terratory you better remove it *****.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
yeah, chaingrabbing is really fun in brawl.

jk jks.
lol nica, you guys are kind of... extremely out of the way.
but i might pick you guys up for an atlanta event.
what no man i can get realy close too you :laugh:
and if its in atlanta i can probably gett there but thanks sleepy this man never lets me down

namynam

Smash Rookie
I go to school in Savannah for about 9months out of the year, then i go back to Augusta for breaks...I'll see if i can hit one of them up...though i go back to augusta for break starting tomorrow :x

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
i think everyone should post even faster than usual. Because i'm getting bored waiting on people :<

Top Bottom