• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia: What are we going to do?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Already got one player who is going to try and compete in Brawl and maybe on to melee. This is too easy people.
Too easy if it's Brawl.

Fact of the matter is, a lot of gamers in general are easily more attracted to Brawl. They see it as new and shiny, and would much rather play that than an older game such as Melee.

Getting people into Melee is just becoming retardedly hard. I was talking about Melee to a guy just the other day, only for two Brawlers to come up and start up an argument about how the L-Cancel is so broken because of the way it "is abused more than the developers intended". The guy I was talking to was easily more convinced of the argument that Melee has cheats and hacks that break the game, and thus gave up on the Melee discussion entirely.

It's especially hard to do down in Columbus. We're home to the top 2 Brawlers within 4 states (I think... Al, TN, MI, and GA respectively, and I am talking about Reflex and Kismet). People are far too concerned with trying to pass those two up, even though everyday they (the other Brawlers) don't go to tournaments, they don't think with a competitive mindset and actually TRY to improve, they get 3 stocked constantly (this has been happening for MONTHS), they're running into brick walls, etc etc. Their goal is to only beat Reflex and Kismet.

I mean, check this out... I watched Reflex play someone a couple of days ago. Reflex was running through a line of people no problem as usual. FINALLY, someone took ONE WHOLE GAME FROM A SET, and yelled about it. I say "Good job, how long as it been since the last time?" Their reply: "Man it's been weeks since I've taken a game." He then got 2 stocked the next and final game of that set.

Bah, I don't know where I was going with this. Just thought I'd post my few thoughts for the moment. >_<

Umby

Smash Master
I lol'd at L-canceling being broken. People are so worked about about how Melee players abuse so many "glitches" to play the game competitively, the overlook how broken the stuff D3, MK, and Snake have. They also try to defend tripping, saying it's not that big of a deal. That in itself proves they are in no position to persuade anyone that Brawl > Melee.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
You guys better commit to ur ideas! seriously! just talking about it wont help!

GO OUT THERE AND DO DA D@MN THING!

to the top players in both games: You all carry the most weight in this situation! So far I really like desu's approach with wanting to help people get better and sharing his ideas in the game.

Noir and sleepyK are always on standby for their next available smash session. A year ago when I was holding smashfests on tuesdays I remembered when Alpha randomly showed up to one. Dood lives two hours away and he didn't even have to come....but he did. Marty lives all the way out in the jungle and still makes it out to smash fests. I'll admit it tho, You guys know It's hard to get me out my house or after work work to smash alot of times. Some of you literally beg me to show up at times lol but I understand ur hunger for more smash and fun. We need to find more people with that same hunger in this state an they are out there. I know you all love brawl and melee almost as much as life but if we are going to make this work, all I ask is that we show a little more love.

-peace

EDIT: NO BRAWL VS MELEE BULL**** PLEASE!

chad warden

Smash Rookie
yo chad daddy back in the house here yo fahreal when do these thingz happen i need to go get more papuh from yall lame *****z

not that i even need da fetti cuz chad wizzy is loaded baby, but u no if you pratise A.B.A.P u gotta jack *****z to

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Xif. Don't Feed the animals.
well, its either this or start posting topics showing those dumb pictures of Ike tappin Micaiah's fat booty, and well, spam topics are KOS.

PS Mike: you can tell the mod shack or whatever its called that putting these restrictive rules are just having us come up with further sadistic and ingenious ways to spam. Its not that good of an idea.

PPS: by us i mean atlantic south, not me specifically, I do normal like once a week spam, the kind that people dont KOS.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol dood you know thats not gonna work.

well if ur gonna go thru all that , make sure Ike is hittin that phat booty like its his last day on earth.

speaking of Mods congrats to Tom for getting Mod status here and thanks alot for the help man :)

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I lol'd at L-canceling being broken. People are so worked about about how Melee players abuse so many "glitches" to play the game competitively, the overlook how broken the stuff D3, MK, and Snake have. They also try to defend tripping, saying it's not that big of a deal. That in itself proves they are in no position to persuade anyone that Brawl > Melee.
Tripping is realistsic. Have you ever seen a real fight? Theyre sloppy and people trip. ALSO

You going to waba today foo?

I am. Get wrecked by my taco salad combo coming this christmas along with my album "Aint no thang but a sharpedo baybe"

Umby

Smash Master
Tripping is realistsic. Have you ever seen a real fight? Theyre sloppy and people trip. ALSO

You going to waba today foo?

I am. Get wrecked by my taco salad combo coming this christmas along with my album "Aint no thang but a sharpedo baybe"
I should be there so long as Marty doesn't succumb to road rage due to Atlanta's traffic.

Linoone>Sharpedo.
Why are we talking about Linoones and Sharpedophiles when we should be talking about Grumpigs?

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
I should be there so long as Marty doesn't succumb to road rage due to Atlanta's traffic.

Why are we talking about Linoones and Sharpedophiles when we should be talking about Grumpigs?
@XIF

That's...totally fair >_>;

And LOL I have a grumpig on my team too. People on shoddy get beasted by the dumb pokemon I have becuase their teams are built on fighting only OU xD

Umby

Smash Master
Yeah, but 4th gen is as bad to Pokemon as Brawl is as bad to Smash. The only difference is that Brawl's metagame didn't dumb it down so much as there isn't at least SOME depth to be gleaned from it. Plus you're more likely to win money from it in real life than you are with Pokemon.

In other news, 2nd gen was the best.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Wtf are you talking about. 4th gen isnt obnoxiously slow and campy. I dont get punished for selecting an offensive move with a character thats not busted >_>

Umby

Smash Master
Wtf are you talking about. 4th gen isnt obnoxiously slow and campy. I dont get punished for selecting an offensive move with a character thats not busted >_>
I didn't mean it in the sense of what you could do in smash applying to Pokemon. I meant in the sense that the metagame is dumbed down.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Yeah, but 4th gen is as bad to Pokemon as Brawl is as bad to Smash. The only difference is that Brawl's metagame didn't dumb it down so much as there isn't at least SOME depth to be gleaned from it. Plus you're more likely to win money from it in real life than you are with Pokemon.

In other news, 2nd gen was the best.
For competitive play, I think 3rd generation was a good balance between offense and defense. 2nd generation had Wobbuffet before it was lame, but 3rd generation had a fairly-usable Trapinch.

...YES, THOSE ARE GOOD POINTS

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
lol dood you know thats not gonna work.

well if ur gonna go thru all that , make sure Ike is hittin that phat booty like its his last day on earth.

speaking of Mods congrats to Tom for getting Mod status here and thanks alot for the help man :)
Ya I didn't know he just got it. He's doing good. He helped me a lot haha

Umby

Smash Master
For competitive play, I think 3rd generation was a good balance between offense and defense. 2nd generation had Wobbuffet before it was lame, but 3rd generation had a fairly-usable Trapinch.

...YES, THOSE ARE GOOD POINTS
I mean 3rd generally more enjoyable, it's just that my favorite Pokemon and namesake came out in second gen, and often made a staple in most GSC stall teams. <3

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
Wow, you guys clearly forgot to turn your DS's on when you were playing the new Gen pokemon games. I can't expect much else from people who probably frequent gamefaqs/smogon/serebii though.

Accepting pokemon MM's from anybody :lick: --- Any Generation

P.S. Smash related... Get at SK-47's thread for the SC tourney in January

tubes

Smash Ace
Too easy if it's Brawl.

Fact of the matter is, a lot of gamers in general are easily more attracted to Brawl. They see it as new and shiny, and would much rather play that than an older game such as Melee.

Getting people into Melee is just becoming retardedly hard. I was talking about Melee to a guy just the other day, only for two Brawlers to come up and start up an argument about how the L-Cancel is so broken because of the way it "is abused more than the developers intended". The guy I was talking to was easily more convinced of the argument that Melee has cheats and hacks that break the game, and thus gave up on the Melee discussion entirely.

It's especially hard to do down in Columbus. We're home to the top 2 Brawlers within 4 states (I think... Al, TN, MI, and GA respectively, and I am talking about Reflex and Kismet). People are far too concerned with trying to pass those two up, even though everyday they (the other Brawlers) don't go to tournaments, they don't think with a competitive mindset and actually TRY to improve, they get 3 stocked constantly (this has been happening for MONTHS), they're running into brick walls, etc etc. Their goal is to only beat Reflex and Kismet.

I mean, check this out... I watched Reflex play someone a couple of days ago. Reflex was running through a line of people no problem as usual. FINALLY, someone took ONE WHOLE GAME FROM A SET, and yelled about it. I say "Good job, how long as it been since the last time?" Their reply: "Man it's been weeks since I've taken a game." He then got 2 stocked the next and final game of that set.

Bah, I don't know where I was going with this. Just thought I'd post my few thoughts for the moment. >_<
You know what?...**** YOU! because of your post I just spent the last like 3 hours typing up what I explain to people to convince them melee is a better game then brawl in tournaments or otherwise, then realizing that if I posted it it would completely derail the thread and adding another wall of text explaining how I'm not trying to completely obliterate the brawl scene by converting all its players to melee, THEN realizing I sound just like the brawl + "its not melee 2.0 I swear!" people. I ended up deleting ALL OF IT! that was probably 3 pages of writing there god dammit!

Back on topic now. The two brawlers claimed that two techniques (one intentionally implemented into the game, the other arguably a glitch) are extremely overused and abused and their absolutely right! You just gotta let people know that although these two techniques are extremely overused its because of these two techniques (and hitstun) that you have some of those moments that are just like "HOLY **** TURN THE GOD**** GAME OFF I HAVE NEVER SEEN ANYTHING SO AMAZING IN MY LIFE!"

IMO, the greater speed, amazing combos, and overall more entertaining matches melee provide are most definitely worth the countless hours you have to put into mastering those two techniques which although I admit I enjoy using (shffl is the greatest thing since I learned to sweet spot my knees consistently! its like I can now knee... FASTER!) , are a bit ridiculously important to learn. I mean they're on par with knowing how to freaking block!

by the way I feel like its a bit unfair for me to go around saying nothing cool ever happens in brawl as I don't exactly look at brawl videos. If anyone here knows of a video they think might change my mind feel free to pm it to me. I'd go look for cool brawl vids myself but to be honest I'm a bit busy getting ready for Tipped off 4 so I don't get wreck'd quite as hard.

Gotta love when you spend 3 and a half hours on a post and still find a stupid error immediately after posting it.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Wavedashing isn't a glitch; developers discovered the flaw in their physics engine and admitted to leaving it in there.

tubes

Smash Ace
Brawl = Melee Respectively.

I win
that you do

EDIT!
to the above poster I don't actually think of wavedashing as a glitch and I know the devs did discover and decide to leave wavedashing in the game. I like to joke around with that whole NO ITEMS FOX ONLY FINAL DESTINATION!! bias that floats around but I forgot this place has been trolled too many times for that.

B-Down

Smash Apprentice
No, instead you get a giant landshark dominating the metagame until it gets banned due to the diversity of its sets. Also, whats your name on shoddy?

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
Hey, you melee players want to help out the GA Smash community? Why don't you guys enter brawl tournaments? Seriously, don't even practice for them, just enter them for the sake of it, Any person you play against who you don't have any real rememberence of being on smashboards or playing melee, ask them about it. Tell them how you have melee experience therefore you use that to beat people in brawl. Ask them to try it out and that you'll help them, Makes friends with newbies during tournaments. I never see anyone do that.

Top Bottom