• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Player-1

Smash Legend
IDK who trevor is.

Btw, HASL will be my first OoS tournament and I need a ride. IDK everyone who has decided on driving or not, but I heard nana was driving? Anyone else? Need ride pl0x

Player-1

Smash Legend
I wanted to go to CoT5, but I'm not doing that anymore so I might go to Genesis as part of graduation/birthday present or something, but I also have to get a car, a 3DS, and plus we're still paying for college stuff so IDK, I'll get back to you within the next week or so.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I want a 3DS as my grad present but gamestop is trying to shaft me with the price. I say I should trade in my DSi for a 3DS and, apparently, it only brings the price down $20.. Anyone have any ideas?

Umby

Smash Master
You shouldn't have bought the DSi anyway. It's a useless upgrade from the DS Lite. At this point, I'd say wait a little longer to see if the 3DS price drops. Unless you can get $80+ off a system from trading in the previous one, I say it's not worth it.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I want a 3DS as my grad present but gamestop is trying to shaft me with the price. I say I should trade in my DSi for a 3DS and, apparently, it only brings the price down $20.. Anyone have any ideas?
Trade the DSi in for normal value, then go to another gamestop with the credit you got from it to get your 3DS
(Or just go back to the same one at a later time)

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
You shouldn't have bought the DSi anyway. It's a useless upgrade from the DS Lite. At this point, I'd say wait a little longer to see if the 3DS price drops. Unless you can get $80+ off a system from trading in the previous one, I say it's not worth it.
The DSi was the first DS system that i had, I wouldnt waste my money on a new DS system just for a flashy camera. I was hoping that they would take around $80 off. They were handing out flyers the last time i was to gamestop advertising "3ds $189 with a dsi trade in" but i guess that was for preordering a 3ds. ...... :glare:
I want the OoT remake game coming out which is pretty much the only reason I want a 3DS ATM. OoT da bess
Basically this.
and starfox

@saltix: ill prob take u up on that idea and see if they can give me some store credit for my DSi. Ill prob go 2mor and see how much they will give me.

stealth3654

Smash Lord
The DSi was the first DS system that i had, I wouldnt waste my money on a new DS system just for a flashy camera. I was hoping that they would take around $80 off. They were handing out flyers the last time i was to gamestop advertising "3ds $189 with a dsi trade in" but i guess that was for preordering a 3ds. ...... :glare:

Basically this.
and starfox

@saltix: ill prob take u up on that idea and see if they can give me some store credit for my DSi. Ill prob go 2mor and see how much they will give me.
The extra cash for trading in ds systems already ended. If you're gonna get OoT, i suggest you preorder it. From what i'm hearing at my gamestop, we're only going to have 1 or 2 extra copies for the people that don't preorder it.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Billy is lying. They'll be sold out cause he'll have all the copies at his house. I see your scheme! :glare:

HotFeetDelgado

Smash Rookie
What's up future victims of mine? My name is HotFeetDelgado, and I thought I should give you all fair warning- I'm coming at the smash community harder than M2K in Chima's sheets.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Trade the DSi in for normal value, then go to another gamestop with the credit you got from it to get your 3DS
(Or just go back to the same one at a later time)
mainly this
or go to a different gamestop and see how much they'll give you for your DSi
my old roommates did this with their 360, went to a local gamestop and the guy said he couldn't take it because some seal got cut or something like that(he said that means we opened it) and he said even if he could he'd only give us 20 bucks, so we went to another gamestop and got about 90 bucks for it
so it all depends on where you go.

What's up future victims of mine? My name is HotFeetDelgado, and I thought I should give you all fair warning- I'm coming at the smash community harder than M2K in Chima's sheets.
is this lounis' apprentice? lol

-Ran

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=304503

Hosting what's rapidly becoming a large Brawl and Melee tournament in Baton Rouge, La on the 30th of July. If the tournament continues to grow in size, I'll probably push the side events to a second day, add in Marvel and other events as well. At the moment, each event is about to hit 35 players at $15 a pop. I just announced the tournament yesterday, but support has been crazy for it. ;d

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'd like to go, but uh, lacking some detail. This is hosted at GamersX, right?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What time do the doors open for entry to the venue? (This is kinda stupid to ask for a free tourney, but) Will there be payouts? I assume this is also being hosted at GamerX's venue? At any rate, my mom's going to see if she's open to take me tomorrow, even on short notice. Will try my best to show up, may bring friends.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it is at Gamers Xperience (GX for short)

Address
Gamers Xperience
6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058
770-482-1411

Free Tournament (this is for our in-house leaderboard)
Signup @ 2pm
Start @ 3pm
NOTE: THIS TOURNEY IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH SMASH OR DIE

1st place - Free everyday at GX
2nd place - 1/2 off everyday at GX
3rd place - 1/2 off only on Saturday at GX
(all leaderboard members have additional ways to earn perk)

Anyone is welcome to join our leaderboard but in order to be competitive on the leaderboard
you will have to come and play on a weekly basis. Everyone is still welcome to join us, even
if you are not participating on the leaderboard. The tournament will only last an hour or so.
From there it is open play on any game at our regular prices. $10 pays for the entire night
4pm til 10:30pm, any game any system, online and offline...

DRN

Smash Lord
Yes, it is at Gamers Xperience (GX for short)

Address
Gamers Xperience
6981 Main St.
Lithonia, GA 30058
770-482-1411

Free Tournament (this is for our in-house leaderboard)
Signup @ 2pm
Start @ 3pm
NOTE: THIS TOURNEY IS NOT ASSOCIATED WITH SMASH OR DIE

1st place - Free everyday at GX
2nd place - 1/2 off everyday at GX
3rd place - 1/2 off only on Saturday at GX
(all leaderboard members have additional ways to earn perk)

Anyone is welcome to join our leaderboard but in order to be competitive on the leaderboard
you will have to come and play on a weekly basis. Everyone is still welcome to join us, even
if you are not participating on the leaderboard. The tournament will only last an hour or so.
From there it is open play on any game at our regular prices. $10 pays for the entire night
4pm til 10:30pm, any game any system, online and offline...
Someone drive me to this :[

Top Bottom