• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Lol that's weird to me. It's always seemed to be the mentality of our state's scene I feel.

MK is the best character in the game and he isn't gonna be banned ever. A new smash is on the way, but I feel like if our community just took the time to accept him and play under those conditions we'd do a lot better against him. We now have at least 3 MK's it seems... I intend on playing him for the rest of Brawl while seconding anyone else that I feel like playing for the time. Mic drifts but seems to be the same way I feel and Kismet is a solid MK main but I feel like if he would've just done what I just said his Falco would def. be the best in the Atl. South =/

PS: I say this with love and respect for our state

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I don't know. Bottom line is that I see Meta Knight players lose a lot, to a lot of different characters. I've seen Meta Knights lose to Reflex's frakking Pokemon Trainer, and if Reflex can do that with Pokemon Trainer, then who's to say I couldn't get good enough to do it with Marth, or Zero Suit Samus, or Luigi or something?

Player-3

Smash Hero
u salty bro?
not at all actually lol, i dont have issues vs metaknight

i have issues being stupid all the time

i'm just saying

and yuna, i dont have a problem with metaknight im saying that marth just gets ****ed up by him in almost every regard lol

Scatz

Smash Champion
Was fun yo guys :D Thanks for stopping by. Got the chance to improve a lot.

Hey Scatz, what was your friend's name again? Was it LDK? I was going to add him on AiB.
His tag was LBK. He doesn't play online now IIRC. He also doesn't even log onto here. So most of the time, I'm like a messenger for him.

Thanks for the smashfest guys. Funny **** went down and all. Hope to see you guys again (which will happen if I can't get a job back at college). If I get enough money, I'll be trying to travel to at least small time tourneys.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Where's majority of GA's smash scene anyway?

:phone:
That's a tough question. I've seen a lot of people on AiB that are constantly on Wifi all around GA, but do not want to participate in irl tourneys.
I think the offline hot spot is probably Atlanta or places around that area, like Decatur.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Lol that's weird to me. It's always seemed to be the mentality of our state's scene I feel.

MK is the best character in the game and he isn't gonna be banned ever. A new smash is on the way, but I feel like if our community just took the time to accept him and play under those conditions we'd do a lot better against him. We now have at least 3 MK's it seems... I intend on playing him for the rest of Brawl while seconding anyone else that I feel like playing for the time. Mic drifts but seems to be the same way I feel and Kismet is a solid MK main but I feel like if he would've just done what I just said his Falco would def. be the best in the Atl. South =/

PS: I say this with love and respect for our state
lol um i was pretty much the best atl south falco. i like mk way better and i have alot more fun playing him, falco's boring to me now. also i just started picking up mk and i personally think that i'm already doing just as good as my falco if not better.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
lol um i was pretty much the best atl south falco. i like mk way better and i have alot more fun playing him, falco's boring to me now. also i just started picking up mk and i personally think that i'm already doing just as good as my falco if not better.

Lol I'm not saying you're not having fun w/ MK. I can see you getting bored with your character and dropping him. The first tourney I went to in 09 I was under the impression you were a MK main. Then later found out you were a Falco main that 2nd him. So you switching isn't exactly what I'm talking about.

It's the attitude our state has that someone what annoys me. I just wish we were more open to him as other states are is all. I feel like we'd perform better, if we'd just accept him.

kismet2

Smash Ace
Lol I'm not saying you're not having fun w/ MK. I can see you getting bored with your character and dropping him. The first tourney I went to in 09 I was under the impression you were a MK main. Then later found out you were a Falco main that 2nd him. So you switching isn't exactly what I'm talking about.

It's the attitude our state has that someone what annoys me. I just wish we were more open to him as other states are is all. I feel like we'd perform better, if we'd just accept him.
nah i'm not worried about the switching part it's that you said if i listened to you and stayed falco then i would be the best falco in the atl south. i've been the best falco in the south for a while. i don't really care about being considered good with a character i just want to win =/

milesg2g

Smash Champion
nah i'm not worried about the switching part it's that you said if i listened to you and stayed falco then i would be the best falco in the atl south. i've been the best falco in the south for a while. i don't really care about being considered good with a character i just want to win =/
Lol no, and if it came off that way I didn't mean it that way. I still think your the best Atl. South/North Falco lol. It's just I wanted to see you do more with your Falco, but I can understand wanting to be a better player rather than a good character main.

Wait, miles are you saying we aren't open to mk? or that we aren't open to other characters?

Open to MK. It just doesn't feel like we are to me. If someone goes MK in tourney someone else will go MK or pick him up in order to beat that person until that person ultimately decides to drop the character. It's like people will fluctuate characters to beat others, but if MK gets picked the opponent will counter back with MK. It's fine with me because I enjoy MK dittos myself lol, but it's annoying to see.

There were times I've seen discussion over him being just so broken which everyone knows already and how he'll be banned soon like a few months ago lol. I feel like that attitude is holding us back from accomplishments our state could easily achieve. It makes sense because we've never had a solid MK only main. Even with Micaelis he's switched to Wario and probably will continue to switch characters because he gets bored with using one which is cool as hell I think. But as far as one MK in our state that's dominant, I haven't seen it. I guess Kismet will be that answer though.

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
Toon link is the best character on the game and ***** Metaknight

*Struggles to keep a str8 face*

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
FYI....

Gamers Xperience also has a in-house leaderboard for Smash Brawl with monthly tournaments.
We have reset the leaderboard and will be having a free tournament on June 4th to determine
the initial ranking for players on the board.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
FYI....

Gamers Xperience also has a in-house leaderboard for Smash Brawl with monthly tournaments.
We have reset the leaderboard and will be having a free tournament on June 4th to determine
the initial ranking for players on the board.

I take it you're the owner that I talked to Flea over the phone? If so did you guys ever get like the whole pot/entry settled for future tourneys?

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Haven't spoke to anyone regarding tournaments after that particular day. I just guess you guys were no
longer interested in using our location.

As far as a "pot/entry" issue...I am unaware of this issue. We had an good mini meeting that day and
really didn't discuss too much on pot and entry. The entire meet was pretty much listening to you on the
phone :-)

We have always been open to ideals and suggestions. You guys are more than welcome to come by
anytime and we can discuss this more...

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Haven't spoke to anyone regarding tournaments after that particular day. I just guess you guys were no
longer interested in using our location.

As far as a "pot/entry" issue...I am unaware of this issue. We had an good mini meeting that day and
really didn't discuss too much on pot and entry. The entire meet was pretty much listening to you on the
phone :-)

We have always been open to ideals and suggestions. You guys are more than welcome to come by
anytime and we can discuss this more...
Haha I see.

Well I think it's cool that nothing was really discussed with our phone call when it comes to pot/entry regards. I think this is probably the best place to discuss those matters, especially since I've yet to really host a tourney aside from the SIEGE dubz thing lol.

I can however, tell you my opinion/idea's for future tourney's and your location.

I think your location is probably the best place we can throw any GA tourney's. For a couple of reasons, but mainly a attendance reason. There has always sort of been two parts of GA's smash scene. There's the GA scene which are the usual casual attendees at ANY GA event. And then there's been a small population in the Atlanta area who the casual's try their best to invite and support their attendance in other parts of the State. Unfortunately, the sad truth is that the Atlanta crowd simply won't travel to anything a hour or more away. The regular GA community will make the effort, but the Atlanta community won't. This may be because, they aren't as comfortable or familiar with the idea of a GA smash community. Whatever the reason is your location is perfect. If tourney's were thrown at your venue it's close to Atlanta and will attract more than a small crowd if they're frequent. Not to mention the GA crowd will always be there if notified in advance.

The Pot/Entry fee thing isn't really a problem, it was just something I was thinking needed to be discussed. There have been primary locations for GA tourney's before and things went well. It was understood that there was a door fee, and then two different event fee's. One for Singles and One for Doubles. You'd get the door fee money. We also used to run Melee Singles/Doubles for 2 separate event costs as well on the same day. I was hoping there was some understanding on that, nothing too big lol.

If we could pull this off it'd be really fortunate for our community I feel.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
OK, I must ask what/where is GamingX? I have seen this talked about in previous post.
Our center is called Gamers Xperience or GX for short. Are you speaking of us when you guys say GamingX, or somewhere else.

Yes, we are familiar with the setup of pot and door/venue fees. For example this is our 9th SoD tournament. Our biggest turnout
was after Brawl was release, I believe it was SoD7, and we did Melee and Brawl. Here are the results from that tourney (link)
Scatt won Brawl and Full Metal won Melee.

Lastly, as far as location, our location is key. We have a shopping center parking lot directly across the street from our center
(a BBall court distance away), Marta bus stop is about 20 steps away from our center (not at all exaggerating), and we are about an
half of a mile off of I-20. So we easily accessible by multiple means.

Top Bottom