• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

BigLøu

Smash Lord
G6 wont hurt your attendance if you have your tourney on the 19th. As far as i know only me calvin, michael wazoo and zatch are going to g6.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Yeah I know, like I want all of you guys there for SALT. It'd be sick. The only reason I don't want a tourney on the 12th is because I take the SAT's then and I'd hate to have that on my mind while I take the test lol. And yes I would actually be sidetracked, but you should still throw it then lol.

ALSO:
Is there a thread for the ATL Revival Tourney? I'm bringing a new friend to the smash community if Sleepy doesn't mind giving him a ride, he said he'd pay for gas too apparently so yeah. Could I get that thread? lol

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
lol. And yes I would actually be sidetracked, but you should still throw it then lol.

ALSO:
Is there a thread for the ATL Revival Tourney? I'm bringing a new friend to the smash community if Sleepy doesn't mind giving him a ride, he said he'd pay for gas too apparently so yeah. Could I get that thread? lol
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296032

Tournament Listings has a convenient button for sorting through Atlantic South. Look for it next time. :/

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm 99% sure that i'm going to momocon. :l
Nice to see another possible attendee :)

G6 wont hurt your attendance if you have your tourney on the 19th. As far as i know only me calvin, michael wazoo and zatch are going to g6.
LOL Everyone there but me is 18 or above XD

Seeing how I basically have a free ticket to Momocon, I could still possibly make the G6 attendance list. Afaik, it all depends on what my mom wants to do for Spring Break. If I couldn't go to G6, I would ask my sister if I could come to stay in Macon for a few days, unless someone near was hosting a smashfest or something of the sort.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Guys, I haven't heard much information about who can come to SALT. IF there is another SALT tournament then it will be on the 12th. If you guys are interested in going then PLEASE say something because I NEED to know, otherwise I will just call having it on the 12th if there's only going to be like 5 people there. I'll make the final call Sunday, but I really need to know if anyone would be interested on this day, I can't have it any other day except the 19th which is G6 which would be even less attendance.
Haha, I'm only gonna be able to make it to this or any other tourney on the 12th, since that's when my Spring Break is. Although it's looking like most people aren't gonna be going to this, haha.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master

This. How could ya miss dat raaaaaaaage.
Someone got jokes now?

Dat ATL:R MM anyone? :p

Guys, I haven't heard much information about who can come to SALT. IF there is another SALT tournament then it will be on the 12th. If you guys are interested in going then PLEASE say something because I NEED to know, otherwise I will just call having it on the 12th if there's only going to be like 5 people there. I'll make the final call Sunday, but I really need to know if anyone would be interested on this day, I can't have it any other day except the 19th which is G6 which would be even less attendance.
I would say...

I'm 99% sure that i'm going to momocon. :l
This.

And the ride situation for now (G6, anyways) is: Micaelis, Lou, Calvin, myself.

LP keeps waffling because he thinks I'm gonna charge $40 a head for gas. NAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWw. :bee:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Someone got jokes now?

Dat ATL:R MM anyone? :p
Can't go with no ride obv. :012:

And the ride situation for now (G6, anyways) is: Micaelis, Lou, Calvin, myself.

LP keeps waffling because he thinks I'm gonna charge $40 a head for gas. NAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWw. :bee:
Just not certain if I can go :urg: Again, it depends on what my mom wants to do for Spring Break. She might have something planned for the family.

I guess I'll see you at Momocon.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
lp show up to a tourney i go to for once bro
For some reason, we have this curse put on us. We can never be within a 14 mile vicinity of one another. Unless you go to Momocon.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Hey guys is anyone going to ATL Revivial that's willing to give Mew2King and PB&J a ride from Lawrenceville? If so give PB&J a call at 631-484-0733 as soon as possible.

I know it's short notice but please put some effort into getting them to ATL Revival. Thanks!

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I find it gay that the reg. ends @ 1pm lol. Me and Trips wanted to go to the tourney too but I got out of class around 1... not fair ;_;

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I find it gay that the reg. ends @ 1pm lol. Me and Trips wanted to go to the tourney too but I got out of class around 1... not fair ;_;
Then you'll be super salty to know that registration got pushed back and didn't end until 3:30 pm. You could of made it easy. Sucks, sorry.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I sucked at this in singles, but me and m2k won doubles, m2k won singles as well followed by reflex, kismet, and then biglou. I don't remember the rest.

GGs everyone, m2k I had fun teaming with you, I learned a lot.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Who's confirmed for Momocon?
(Clearly) I
TGK
Scatt
Jamaal(?)
Fwop (is considering it)

I don't remember any others of significance. I'm pretty sure there's going to be more people going, though.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'll come if there's a brawl tournament with a good ruleset, I went onto their website and it said that all video game events were TBAed so IDK what's up with that considering momocon is almost here

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll come if there's a brawl tournament with a good ruleset, I went onto their website and it said that all video game events were TBAed so IDK what's up with that considering momocon is almost here
It's in two weeks. I've contacted the Anime Club for any way to get in touch with the hosts of Momocon gaming. I'm awaiting reply.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
It's probably gonna be:

3 stocks
5mins
1 match.

Like Awa lol.

I'm not gonna go I'll wait till the Next Salt which hopefully doesn't fall on the 12th because I'll be busy.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
If SALT isn't on the 12th, I might show up. What all would I need to know? Is there an entrance fee? How big is it likely to be/who all would be going? Am I going to have to navigate through a huge convention full of people dressed up as scary anime characters (lawl)? ...Are the rules going to be ******** like that?

Is there any info on the website about it? I didn't see anything about any tourneys of any sort there.

Player-1

Smash Legend
There won't be SALT in March due to all the other tournaments and conflicts going on all the days of March that were available.

BTW, does anyone know how to get in contact with Kidez and the people he was usually with?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
It's probably gonna be:

3 stocks
5mins
1 match.

Like Awa lol.

I'm not gonna go I'll wait till the Next Salt which hopefully doesn't fall on the 12th because I'll be busy.
If it is a stupid as the rules speculate, I will not enter this tourney (unless it's free, obv.)

5 Minutes? How am I supposed to play Samus without people getting mad @ camp? :/ Stalling might be banned or something...

I feel like trying to get to SALT2, now, lol.

Edit: :fuuu:

milesg2g

Smash Champion
If SALT isn't on the 12th, I might show up. What all would I need to know? Is there an entrance fee? How big is it likely to be/who all would be going? Am I going to have to navigate through a huge convention full of people dressed up as scary anime characters (lawl)? ...Are the rules going to be ******** like that?

Is there any info on the website about it? I didn't see anything about any tourneys of any sort there.
I think you meant Momocon not SALT haha. But yeah I'm scared of cosplay people too ;_;

There won't be SALT in March due to all the other tournaments and conflicts going on all the days of March that were available.

BTW, does anyone know how to get in contact with Kidez and the people he was usually with?
Idk, umm have you tried hitting up NoID? He hangs w/ KidEZ I remember and if there isn't a SALT for Mar. when will the next one be?

If it is a stupid as the rules speculate, I will not enter this tourney (unless it's free, obv.)

5 Minutes? How am I supposed to play Samus without people getting mad @ camp? :/ Stalling might be banned or something...

I feel like trying to get to SALT2, now, lol.

Edit: :fuuu:

You shouldn't care about what other people think when it comes to your performance in tourney. If you have to play "gay" to win which is actually playing smart and using your character to the best then by all means do it.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
You shouldn't care about what other people think when it comes to your performance in tourney. If you have to play "gay" to win which is actually playing smart and using your character to the best then by all means do it.
I don't think 5 minute matches are worth doing that :/ By my morals, I'd rather use Ike or PT. I don't really care what other people think, however.

Is SALT2 officially canceled for March? Seeing how I shouldn't pay much for Momocon, I could still try to make it any other day.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yeah SALT is cancelled for March, the church can't hold a tournament on the 5th or the 26th due to other events then the 12th is momocon and the 19 is g6, which both will severely cut attendance.

The next SALT event is dependent, every single Saturday in April is available except the 16th. Dyno and Chas are hosting a tournament sometime in April so they say with a pot bonus they are going to try to hype up, they had the venue planned for a hyatt hotel, but I offered to use the church venue instead since Dyno told me the room was bigger at the church than the hyatt and plus we'd most likely get the venue for free and he said he'd talk to Chas about it and stuff if they do then this would be separate to the SALT series (unless they wanted to be one), and if they decide not to do it at the church then the hyatt will ultimately be the decider of when their tournament is which will affect when the next SALT will be since I don't want it to be on the same day and stuff.

Edit: also, I'm going to try to have melee at the next SALT if I can get some interest there.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Yeah SALT is cancelled for March, the church can't hold a tournament on the 5th or the 26th due to other events then the 12th is momocon and the 19 is g6, which both will severely cut attendance.

The next SALT event is dependent, every single Saturday in April is available except the 16th. Dyno and Chas are hosting a tournament sometime in April so they say with a pot bonus they are going to try to hype up, they had the venue planned for a hyatt hotel, but I offered to use the church venue instead since Dyno told me the room was bigger at the church than the hyatt and plus we'd most likely get the venue for free and he said he'd talk to Chas about it and stuff if they do then this would be separate to the SALT series (unless they wanted to be one), and if they decide not to do it at the church then the hyatt will ultimately be the decider of when their tournament is which will affect when the next SALT will be since I don't want it to be on the same day and stuff.

Edit: also, I'm going to try to have melee at the next SALT if I can get some interest there.

So wait Dyno and Chas are trying to throw like a Regional big tourney in April?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I am considering going to Momocon. Doesnt seem that far away.

Does anyone know anything about the tournament in general? rules? potfee? fee at all? Payout?

I hear there is no door fee. That made my day.

DRN

Smash Lord

I'll talk to you about the details tomorrow so i know more about it.

So wait Dyno and Chas are trying to throw like a Regional big tourney in April?
Yes, we are trying to hold bigger bimonthlies starting with the end of April. It was originally planned at the beginning of April but we procrastinated and if we still did early april we wouldnt be giving it as much time as we'd like. This tourney is also in celebration of Lounis' Birthday along with anyone else who has a birthday near that date. The pot bonus will vary and will be posted once our thread is up (hopefully within the week).

Top Bottom