• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Player-1

Smash Legend
I probably wouldn't be able to make the 11th because of band, but the 4th looks good for me (that is if Min postpones the tournament he is planning atm) except it is short notice and I'm not sure how many other people would come...

Player-3

Smash Hero
I'm going to be getting a job working weekends @ coldwell bankers. Nothing serious, i'd just be answering phones and stuff. However, I'd be working every other weekend = Stephanie (my fiance') not wanting me going to tournaments on my free weekends.

@ Turtle tournament idea~ that's mad whack. I'd want to beat all you guys :D
only if i get on the PR member side

i haven't had a chance to redeem myself for getting ***** by marths RCO lag a trillion times last time we played

and there's less dedede on that side of the bracket

BigLøu

Smash Lord
If you guys want a tourney this weekend you better post up interest now. That way we can get a head count and make this tourney this weekend the last one for this season. And it may shift the panelists minds about placements(Maybe)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i kind of was thinking about TOing next saturday.
this saturday i already made plans

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
well next weekend would too. it may work better actually since we would have more notice. Were you planning to host melee/brawl?

-this is lounis

DRN

Smash Lord
This weekend

Do it

Raf then how about a RR w/ all your favorite players? No matter how big lol. One big *** hard as fuuuu round robin.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i think this weekend is too short notice for anyone to plan to make it out.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
No tourneys again?

C'mon guys. I need my ##### practice! :urg:

And before anyone says I should host one myself:
1) I live 70 miles away, &
2) I'm sort of in transition to finding a job.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Tourney at tech? wat?
I don't know if it's going to be a big thing but TGK said there was a tourney event held a Tech on Friday, and i was interested in going with Isaac so he could get some experience out of the county.

I also noticed we're on page 666 D:

Tenki

Smash Hero
Tourney at tech? wat?
Eh, it's like a superlarge lan party thing on Saturday night- $5 to enter in any of the tournaments (reach, brawl, tf2 and a bunch of other games), but I don't think there's an actual cash prize.

They probably have some kind of item prizes for top placings. I haven't ever been on campus for one, but I think my roommate last year won an ipod of some sort in Halo 3.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
So yeah,

Roxy got made into an admin and now I'm taking over, what's up guys. :)
I don't like change! lol jk. For a person who doesn't actually play Brawl much, Roxy sure went far in the Smashboards world ahaha <3 you Jamaal.

@WABA - Nice $1000 pot. We have to super hype this up ASAP. Hopefully the tournament isn't TOO close since that pot would definitely attract OoS attendance. Everyone needs to post the link on OP to other PR/Social threads so AL, NC, and FL especially get wind of it.

@Tech Stuff - Yeah, the tournament is this Saturday, Free Play starts at 6 pm and there is doubles and singles (most likely will go 'til 4 AM unless I get a lot of setups). It's $5 for entry to any tournament you want but they can't overlap with other tournament time slots. The $5 also includes all you can eat and drink when they bring the food in. They usually bring taco/burritos in at one point then pizza at another.

The tournament will most likely be run by yours truly but this isn't guaranteed yet. I'm not affiliated with them officially but I've hosted the tournament for the past 2 semesters so most likely it will be the same. If you bring a full setup I can even waiver the $5 door fee. Wazoo said he'll prob bring his recording equipment too.

The top 2 at least in each event are guaranteed a prize. The prizes for Brawl aren't that magnificent but last year they gave away an external hard drive (250gb I think) and an 8gb SD card and digital cameras (kind of cheap though) as prizes to the top players (aka 4GOD and I lol).

I usually don't announce this stuff because I like the limelight I get at tournaments like this lol but the cat's out of the bag so the more the merrier. I'm sneaky I guess but whatever I'm being super helpful now for all you lazy people.

Location: Klaus Advanced Computing Building. It's on Georgia Tech campus off of Ferst Street. It's a big glass building.

Parking: Meters are free after 5 pm. Meters located on Fowler Street and Tech Square (2-5 minute walk from Klaus).

Time: Free Play 6-8pm Doubles 8-10:30 pm Food 10:30-11 pm Singles 11-4am (break for food at 2 am)

Price: $5 door fee (includes two meals). Free if bring full setup

Prize: Various decent prizes.

Contact Info: My phone is 7706347159 if you have any questions shoot me a text or give me a call.

Helpful Thing: You can sign up at the door but it's better and easier if you make an account on the website. You can create both a team name and enter both singles and double events ON the webpage so do it please if you plan on attending. Website is http://www.gtgamefest.com/

My post count may be small but they're useful posts... usually. Darn Lounis.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
This weekend
Do it
Raf then how about a RR w/ all your favorite players? No matter how big lol. One big *** hard as fuuuu round robin.
I'd be down to do this, but i can't this weekend. I have a 3 page essay, a 3 page book review, and a 10 page research paper due on tuesday. I'm not doing anything fun this weekend :c

@WABA - Nice $1000 pot. We have to super hype this up ASAP. Hopefully the tournament isn't TOO close since that pot would definitely attract OoS attendance. Everyone needs to post the link on OP to other PR/Social threads so AL, NC, and FL especially get wind of it.
??? When is this? i don't think i got the memo.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
??? When is this? i don't think i got the memo.[/QUOTE]

Better yet where's the thread so I can spam it around everywhere lol

Lethalx

Smash Cadet
yo miles when r u going to plan a smashfest at yo house since Ga tech is far from where i live

milesg2g

Smash Champion
yo miles when r u going to plan a smashfest at yo house since Ga tech is far from where i live
Not from the looks of things. I came up w/ the weekly idea but every week seems a bit much so bi-weeklies would do better. But even then my parents won't let me have the place every other sat. =/ so yeah lol. idk about that but where do you stay you're welcome to chill sometime.

NoID

Smash Rookie
Sooo no waba this weekend right? Guess ill try to hit up ga tech then

Top Bottom