• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
^This. I'm already looking for a route to SPSU, but I'm still lacking some detail on the event.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i've checked gambling laws in GA

tournaments involving a game devised of skill are not considered gambling

but they were in FL last i checked <_<

BBQ°

Smash Champion
lol

i've checked gambling laws in GA

tournaments involving a game devised of skill are not considered gambling

but they were in FL last i checked <_<
yeah but spsu campus rules are different.

I talked to Ron about hosting melee tournaments at spsu before and he said that anything to do with winning money based off luck/skill is considered gambling (on campus) and is banned.

Remember the tournament we had in Henry's apartment (you weren't there actually)? That was illegal. lol

That doesn't make sense and if it doesn't make sense it's not true!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol

:awesome:

Waba

Smash Apprentice
SPSU will NOT be a location for the DEC 4th tournament. SPSU will be a location for a later tournament. They had some time restraints/schedule conflicts with our tournament, but still wants to work with WABA for future events. I am looking for a confirmation on a replacement venue or may have to push it to a later weekend in DEC. Sorry about the inconvenience and delay of information. Thanks for your patience and understanding. I'll post more details tomorrow.

Min

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Hey guys, if I started throwing like weeklies for the fun of it. w/ Everything being only 5$ an event do you think you'd come? I live in Gwinnett so yeah. That means the total of the whole tourney would be $15 and thats about it. You think you guys would come?
hey i would come since they tourney is far from where i live now lol. but why 15?

venue= 5

tourney=10

hmm... maybe

Player-3

Smash Hero
man i haven't been to a tournament in so long wtf

when i show up and make 1st i'll skew the prs so bad :(

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
The next tournament isn't set in stone and this PR Season ends within 3 weeks. Another tournament might be included but I doubt it.

On that note, if the tournament isn't this weekend, I most likely will not be able to go since 2 weekends from now is the precursor weekend to my finals and while I may blow a Saturday to Brawl before my finals... I really shouldn't and will hopefully not do it. But I'll see when I get to that point.

@Miles - Gwinnett would be very difficult for me to get a ride too unless someone picked me up so I wouldn't be able to guarantee my attendance. However, my semester next year is ******** open so I really hope you can arrange something and I can find transportation.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
ya he's still the 2nd best in ga.
he has enough notable performances to not be mixed in with "not biglou"

DRN

Smash Lord
Hey we should have a going away tourney for Raf. I think we should put everyone pr'd on one side and then everyone else on the other with Raf lol. 5$ Entry xD

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I'm going to be getting a job working weekends @ coldwell bankers. Nothing serious, i'd just be answering phones and stuff. However, I'd be working every other weekend = Stephanie (my fiance') not wanting me going to tournaments on my free weekends.

@ Turtle tournament idea~ that's mad whack. I'd want to beat all you guys :D

leann

Smash Rookie
USGA is available for Smash or Melee Tourneys during the month of December. We have Dec. 4th and Dec. 11th available in the back room. Dec. 18th is reserved for SSFIV, Tekken6, Blaze Blue, etc... If someone from the Smash or Melee communities would like to administer the brackets for the event on Dec. 4th or 11th, contact Britt Stephens at 404-932-3159 to discuss details. Our administrator will be running a COD Black Ops FFA tournament on 360 and PC in the front on the 4th. We are hosting Halo Reach and StarCraft II in the front on Dec. 11th. We have plenty of CRT TVs in the back and are set up to accommodate large events. Let us know what date works best for you guys and we will make it happen.

Tension Pulse was a big success two weeks ago and many players said the tourney was the most fun and well run event they have attended at USGA.

A big shout out to AJ and Paul for running such a great event and streaming it live online. Big Thanks!

PS: We have an incredible deal at a local hotel that will accommodate 5 people per room for $49/Night. This includes cool amenities and free breakfast!

leann

Smash Rookie
@ BBQ

I only posted the invite to use our venue and amenities here since WABA's plan for 12-4-10 didn't work out yet. Perhaps my offer does look like advertising...Sorry about that. I didn't intend to offend. I simply wanted the community that have probably been previously invited to USGA by Min and subscribe to this thread to know that USGA is still a well equipped venue, contrary to a previous post in this thread. I thought the players just wanted to have a place to play in Dec. and I've got one.

You can expect USGA to create a thread independent of this one when we are ready to advertise an event.

Top Bottom