• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

BBQ°

Smash Champion
rofl im not actually entering brawl :embarrass

but if I ever do decide to randomly enter brawl doubles when I'm at a tournament, then I'll team with you :bee:

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Um, so people have expressed interest of me throwing a Smashfest... my place I'd throw it at has been cut down on space a bit... so I could only prob have a max of 5 people or so over.

I have two tests this week but I'll throw away a day to Smash for you guys. Which day works for most people? Tomorrow would be ideal for me (no plans all day) but it's short notice... what days work for you guys the best?

Let me know soon and quick as possible and if you can come or not... remember I can only have 5 so you have to be first come first serve and 100% guaranteed to be coming.

Also... is Combo Breaker this weekend? If so I might need a ride to it. I'd really appreciate it and would pay for gas.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
my house is still open for melee smashfests as it has been since last week

T3h Albino

Smash Master
GA really needs established static teammates, this is starting to get ridiculous forreal.

Ok let's list

Kismet/Reflex
Lounis/Billy
Turtl/Dude
Scatt/Neo-X

I believe that's it. Now here are players with no static teammate and their respective teams characters.

Alby-Dedede,Mk,GnW
Dynomite-Wario,Mk,Wolf
Frozn-Ice Climbers
Player-3-Marth, Captain Falcon
MC Pee Pants- Mk,Wolf
Yiff-Kirby
Scatz-Pikachu, Yoshi
4God-Dedede
Rayku-Lucario,Ike,MK
Player-1-Diddy Kong
Don-DK, Wolf

I can't think of the rest, just tell me. Anyway we need to find who has chemistry with who, and who would make the best teammates so we can hold our own against OOS teams, who tend to just come through and give us the D. It would also eliminate all this stupid teams chaos that I find irritating somewhat. So post what you're looking for in a teammate, and who you would prefer and let's see if we can create some real static teams.

I'd like a partner who really knows how to set up kills well, is aggressive, and plays preferably someone who has something dangerous out of d3's throws. I'm more of a defensive, punish player with a good overall ground game and a somewhat lacking air game, so a character/player with a nice air game would be nice
I'm looking at- DON,Player-1,Dyno, and 4God if he would come to more tournaments.

As I do somewhat have a partner I try to always team with, he can't make it to events all the time so...=/

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm not going to have a ****ing car apparently, at least not for a long time. So I'm still carless.

My entire vacation has been one stressful hellhole.

I was hoping to set something up on like...the 8th but that was only in the instance that I would have had a car by the time I got back (which was a guaranteed offer until...3 days ago).

I'll try to get to something.

bigman40

Smash Master
Alby-Dedede,Mk,GnW
Dynomite-Wario,Mk,Wolf
Frozn-Ice Climbers
MC Pee Pants- Mk,Wolf
Yiff-Kirby
Scatz-Pikachu, Yoshi
4God-Dedede
Rayku-Lucario,Ike,MK
Player-1-Diddy Kong
Don-DK, Wolf

Post about having static partners.
You should read this thread then.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260661

My static partner is normally billy if he's not teaming with Lounis, but I'll explain what I look for in a teammate.

I need a teammate that needs to be able to establish stage control. While he's the aggressor or defensive player, I can't do anything if I'm busy flying in the air the entire time. If I have to be the aggressor (which I was with Billy), I can easily do a 2v1 and help when you need it. The downside is that my characters can't kill at the percents that's more appropriate than other characters, but I can manage it some of the time. So, my main needs in a partner are stage control and killing.

To note about whether I can or can't play defensive or aggressive, my characters can easily do both, and I have no problem doing both either.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
You should read this thread then.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260661

My static partner is normally billy if he's not teaming with Lounis, but I'll explain what I look for in a teammate.

I need a teammate that needs to be able to establish stage control. While he's the aggressor or defensive player, I can't do anything if I'm busy flying in the air the entire time. If I have to be the aggressor (which I was with Billy), I can easily do a 2v1 and help when you need it. The downside is that my characters can't kill at the percents that's more appropriate than other characters, but I can manage it some of the time. So, my main needs in a partner are stage control and killing.

To note about whether I can or can't play defensive or aggressive, my characters can easily do both, and I have no problem doing both either.
I just realized your character can do guaranteed GR to utilt o_O

EDIT: If you use Yoshi that is.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I normally team with MC Pee-Pants. He's begun training me, actually. I'm getting better, though lack of a working Wii leaves me with no way to practice.

I'm normally his ride to tournaments, anyhow.

I'll probably head to this monthly, if I can. Got laid off...**** economy.

but, in my ideal teammate...

I want someone aggressive, who's able to punish. They have to know their way around the stage, and gimping is a plus. Basically, he racks up damage, and I go for the kill. Lots of throw setups are preferred. Kirby's got some good kill moves at early %'s, so they need to be able to mix their **** up with mine. They also need to be able to come to my aid ASAP, because Kirby's light, and rather gimpable.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Combo Breaker Monthly Tournament
We will be Streaming the EVO tournament on the BIG projection screen the whole weekend including during the tournament…:bee:

When:
July 10th (2nd Saturday of every Month)
Registration Starts: 11am-1:45pm.
Tournaments Start: 2pm.

Where:
USGamingArenA/Waba
10895 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076
(770)910-7951

Door Fee:
$10 ($5 if we use your PS3 or Wii + game)***

What:
Tekken 6 (T6)
PS3:$10 Pot Fee

Super Street Fighter IV (SSF4)
PS3/360:$10 Pot Fee

UFC 2010 (UFC)
PS3:$5 Pot Fee

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (TvC:UAS)
Wii:$5 Pot Fee

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB)
Wii:$5 Pot Fee

Stepmania / DDR Tournament
PC: NO pot Fee
Prize: Winner receives a Neo Geo Pocket Color & 6 games.
(GAMES: KOFr2, Fatal Fury, Samurai Showdown2, Metal Slug, Turf Masters, & PacMan)
:chuckle:

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
@ alby: I wouldnt mind teaming with you sometime Alby. Hit me up on aim. How about the AUG monthly?

I hope to team with Diablo at the combo breaker (if i make it). That guy is pretty good in teams.

I honestly think that billy and lounis are amazing teams players. Whoever they team with they always get top 3.

People i would like to team with someday:
Rayku, Alby, Scatz, Scatt, Elev8, 4god. Anyone else that can cover wario's weak spots.

Resume (lol): Wario: I can camp likabtch, rack up damage with the claps and stuff, I can kill, I can stock tank if you want me to, i can be agro if you want me to, I can somewhat 2v1. I can pretty much do anything as long as my partner tells me what to do.

Weak spots: i can NOT work with someone who doesnt have a plan. If you say "just do whatever works" i have no idea what that is (which results in me trying many silly things and getting butt ***** for it) I tend to rush in and get punished hard when i see my team mate getting juggled, i have been trying to just leave my partner alone in that situation unless they call for help.

Basically looking for a teams partner who can communicate well. <-- most important IMO.

MK: .... done!

bigman40

Smash Master
I just realized your character can do guaranteed GR to utilt o_O

EDIT: If you use Yoshi that is.
Yoshi has tons of funny kill setups. However, I do not go Yoshi continuously in matches unless I feel like he'll benefit more than my Pika. I have ot play more doubles matches to get used to Yoshi's style in doubles, but I'd need a really good (and I'd have ot play with them a lot) to manage with Yoshi.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I wanna try some teams with you sometime, Dyno. From what I see, Kirby/Wario works well. I usually have a plan, but MCPP decides he's got a better idea and just decides that we should just wing it. I communicate, but he's just like

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I'm not hating.

I love BB.

Gonna try that CS Tao/Tager.

Wonder how Makoto will play?

In the meantime, someone want to play CT with me?

Saltix

Smash Lord
GA really needs established static teammates, this is starting to get ridiculous forreal.

Ok let's list

Kismet/Reflex
Lounis/Billy
Turtl/Dude
Scatt/Neo-X

I believe that's it. Now here are players with no static teammate and their respective teams characters.

Alby-Dedede,Mk,GnW
Dynomite-Wario,Mk,Wolf
Frozn-Ice Climbers
MC Pee Pants- Mk,Wolf
Yiff-Kirby
Scatz-Pikachu, Yoshi
4God-Dedede
Rayku-Lucario,Ike,MK
Player-1-Diddy Kong
Don-DK, Wolf

I can't think of the rest, just tell me. Anyway we need to find who has chemistry with who, and who would make the best teammates so we can hold our own against OOS teams, who tend to just come through and give us the D. It would also eliminate all this stupid teams chaos that I find irritating somewhat. So post what you're looking for in a teammate, and who you would prefer and let's see if we can create some real static teams.

I'd like a partner who really knows how to set up kills well, is aggressive, and plays preferably someone who has something dangerous out of d3's throws. I'm more of a defensive, punish player with a good overall ground game and a somewhat lacking air game, so a character/player with a nice air game would be nice
I'm looking at- DON,Player-1,Dyno, and 4God if he would come to more tournaments.

As I do somewhat have a partner I try to always team with, he can't make it to events all the time so...=/
Why was I not listed :(

Since it's the cool thing to do, I'll post some info about myself and what im looking for when it comes to doubles:
I play MK and Lucario in doubles. When MK, I look for a heavier character with a relatively good damage output, and good KO Power(Wario, Snake). Simply because I prefer to play a more supportive MK in doubles. I'll keep you alive as long as you're capable of holding your stocks; I prefer teaming with heavier characters simply because their weight and survivability will compromise for my ****, albiet getting better, DI.

If I choose to go Lucario in doubles, I play very aggressive, and wouldn't mind doing the Anubis strategy; Enough said there.

Dyno's right, I teamed with Billy and we got top 3 once; Billy we should team again :o

DRN

Smash Lord
Why was I not listed :(

Billy we should team again :o
U were probably not listed cause u dont come to tourneys >:[
Lol y did u quote scatz when asking Billy to team?

Iunno if im going to CB this time but im def gonna be at the monthly.

Top Bottom