• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

bigman40

Smash Master
Ok, I have to workout at noon that day, and it'll last for at least 1-2 hours. Right after that, I'll be coming to get everyone that needs a ride (that'll be around 3-4). So far, it looks like I have Henry and Chaz. Anyone else needs a ride?

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Wow thats crazy. Thats my cousin's birthday. But ya in GA I'm pretty sure the cutoff is supposed to be September 1st, so if I was born on August 31st and you were born on September 1st then I would be a grade higher than you....but Im not sure about that cutoff.

And how the **** is Mike a Freshman in college and your still in High school? Thats weird.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
^

Is confused about that comment. So are you saying no one plays with you and your a gay melee CPU? Or maybe you're encouraging that no one play with gay people?

... yeah.
Read below...

You don't play against Melee CPUs because they hinder your skill, is what TGK is saying imo.
This. Apologies if that wasn't clearly written. :ohwell:

TGW i play agaisnt them and i don't suck
Wait for it.

yes, you do.
Zing!

If you want to rent a venue and run your own tournament, why not talk to me? I'd do it for less and have TVs already to use.
Question for the TO with the most: Do you know where I can find some cheap CRTs that output 480p (with composite and component jacks)? Finding one on Ebay that isn't local pickup is mad difficult. I would even be willing to buy one from US Gaming if need be.

I could do one tomorrow but Friday would be better just because I can have guests over earlier. Thursday I have lab from 3-6 but it could end earlier... but still wouldn't be looking at anything earlier than 5 where on Friday I can do as early as 2.

It's up to you guys, just tell me what you want.
Smashfest @ Mike's. OHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAHHHHHH! :bee:

Okay, well it sounds like Friday is a go. I'll set it up. Can everyone give me a general idea of when they'll be arriving so I know when to be ready by? Thanks.

If you don't have my number, PM me for it or ask someone else for it.
If this is shaking down, then I will be there in the evening time.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Birthday is on September 15th 92.

He started early/I started late iunno which one :[

Scatz ima need a ride to this of course ;D. Im fine w/ leaving early since were starting this smashfest a lot earlier then we usually do. So its around the same amount of practice as last time.
Wow thats crazy. Thats my cousin's birthday. But ya in GA I'm pretty sure the cutoff is supposed to be September 1st, so if I was born on August 31st and you were born on September 1st then I would be a grade higher than you....but Im not sure about that cutoff.

And how the **** is Mike a Freshman in college and your still in High school? Thats weird.
what september 15 is also my birthday! turtl we gotta have a double party

oh wait i'll be turning 21 so i don't htink that'll be a good idea...

DRN

Smash Lord
what september 15 is also my birthday! turtl we gotta have a double party

oh wait i'll be turning 21 so i don't htink that'll be a good idea...
Nice! I'll be turning 18 so at least i'll start to get some more freedom.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Saturday June 12th is our next Combo Breaker...2nd Saturday of every Month. Because of the change and confusion, we have reduced this month's CB tournament's door fee to ONLY $3/person!

Combo Breaker Monthly Tournament

When:
June 12th (2nd Saturday of every Month)
Registration Starts: 11am-1:45pm.
Tournaments Start: 2pm.

Where:
USGamingArenA/Waba
10895 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076
(770)910-7951

Door Fee:
ONLY $3 (this month only)

What:
Tekken 6 (T6)
PS3:$10 Pot Fee

Super Street Fighter IV (SSF4)

Blaz Blue (BB)
PS3:$5 Pot Fee

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (TvC:UAS)
Wii:$5 Pot Fee

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB)

Umby

Smash Master

My birthday is September 1st. I was not a grade behind my peers.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Mikes going to Kennesaw. Man i was born the same day month and year as him but im only gonna be a senior next year......dumb
true fax
9/15/92
Was also gonna mention that this is Sleepy's Birthday, but he already did. We should have a party... 18 to party, 21 to drink ayyyyyee
Technically I have class until 4 but I don't care to skip it so 1:30 is the earliest I can start it.
Sweeet.
Birthday is on September 15th 92.

He started early/I started late iunno which one :[
I started early I guess you could say? Did you start school in GA or in MI?
Oh Chas and I are also from the same state lmao

Ok, I have to workout at noon that day, and it'll last for at least 1-2 hours. Right after that, I'll be coming to get everyone that needs a ride (that'll be around 3-4). So far, it looks like I have Henry and Chaz. Anyone else needs a ride?
I'll keep you posted, I'll prolly drive myself

Yeah, I went to kindergarten in Michigan, and when I moved down here to start first grade, they said I was too young; my mom contested it, and they tested me on something to see if I was gonna have to re-do kindergarten here, but I passed the test

Saturday June 12th is our next Combo Breaker...2nd Saturday of every Month. Because of the change and confusion, we have reduced this month's CB tournament's door fee to ONLY $3/person!
Ahhhh, I don't think I can make this one; It's my little sister's birthday... I want to enter more tournaments though.. and see Aly ;)

DRN

Smash Lord
LOL we just made our CB the same day as Alabama's rescheduled tourney.

Pro.

@Mike- yea i was born in Michigan too but never went to school there. I went to kindergarten in Florida and started first grade in Georgia.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I went to kindergarten in Michigan, and when I moved down here to start first grade, they said I was too young; my mom contested it, and they tested me on something to see if I was gonna have to re-do kindergarten here, but I passed the test

Ahhhh, I don't think I can make this one; It's my little sister's birthday... I want to enter more tournaments though.. and see Aly ;)
Ohhhh aight makes sense then. Thats pretty cool

And man ditch your sister's birthday and come to CB :)

Aly>Sister's birthday

@Umby: Hmm thats what I've always been told was it was September 1st because my b-day is August 21st and everyone always says that if I was born a couple days later then I would be a grade behind, but I guess someone lied to me when I was growing up lol. Owell :confused::laugh:

Saltix

Smash Lord
Ohhhh aight makes sense then. Thats pretty cool

And man ditch your sister's birthday and come to CB :)

Aly>Sister's birthday

@Umby: Hmm thats what I've always been told was it was September 1st because my b-day is August 21st and everyone always says that if I was born a couple days later then I would be a grade behind, but I guess someone lied to me when I was growing up lol. Owell :confused::laugh:
I know September 1st is the cutoff date for Rec-League sports
I could never play in the same age group as my friends :(

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Um, so I just got a text from Scatz... apparently he can't do tomorrow and wants to do today instead and since he's a lot of people's rides I guess I'll do one today and tomorrow?

So... if you can get a ride here today around 6 then you can play until whenever.

So... if you can get a ride here tomorrow around 2 then you can play until whenever.

I give to the community <3

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Today might be better for me anyways because I think my parents have something planned Friday.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman

Combo Breaker Monthly Tournament

When:
June 12th (2nd Saturday of every Month)
Registration Starts: 11am-1:45pm.
Tournaments Start: 2pm.

Where:
USGamingArenA/Waba
10895 Alpharetta Hwy
Roswell, GA 30076
(770)910-7951

Door Fee:
ONLY $3 (this month only)

What:
Tekken 6 (T6)

Super Street Fighter IV (SSF4)

Blaz Blue (BB)
PS3:$5 Pot Fee

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars (TvC:UAS)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB)
DOOD THATS MAH BIRFDAY!

XD

I will turn 18 at this tournament.

Player-1

Smash Legend
i turn 17 on the 9th, im eligible to get my license this sat, but i dont have that much experience yet, but im driving nearly everyday til i get my license so i will have it hopefully next month.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I GOT MY CAR!!! YIPPIE!! Im hyped. We gonna play some legit smash this summer fellow GA smashers!! I just gotta get back and get my license!!

ALSO: congrats on the soon to be legal age Trev!

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I GOT MY CAR!!! YIPPIE!! Im hyped. We gonna play some legit smash this summer fellow GA smashers!! I just gotta get back and get my license!!

Thanks LOL.

I wish I had my license. I know how to drive(Redneck Irish parents, me as the DD) so yeah. I've got experience, just no license.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman

Woooooooo we need to play this summer man

Also do we have an early head count for the Combo Breaker?

I know I'll be going if i dont have work.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
Lol I almost forgot how old some of you guys are. XD I'm probably not gonna get my license or a car in another year or so. ;-;

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Hey, I'm moving the Smashfest back until 4 pm today because now that Scatz doesn't have to leave early I don't want to miss my class (plus I remember I have HW due in it, lol).

All I know who are showing up today are Saltix and GTR now. I think Turtl wants to come but doesn't have a ride. So if you're nice enough to give him one, give him a call.

Text me if you're coming and when so I know how many and when to be prepared for. Thanks.

D

Deleted member

OR Atlanta could have biweekly smashfests.

1 at tech, 1 at sausage poly per week on different days. Food for thought

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Smashfest is canceled I think... only because no one is coming.

I don't mind, I played a lot yesterday and want some sleep anyways.

Top Bottom