• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Saltix

Smash Lord
anyone want to play today or tomorrow?

And also when running a tournament, whats a good place to charge to rent a venue?
I found a place for 375, and i was wondering if thats expensive

Rayku

Smash Lord
Oh sorry. Maybe it's not playing safe. It's just not attacking at all, running back and forth over and over again until an opening comes in that he's bad at capitalizing on

Purple

Hi guys!
jamaal would lose anyway.
Lies. I have the power of black man.

@ Saltix - Do a house tourney for starters. You don't want to put yourself in a situation where you're paying for a venue and you don't get the money back because of flaky GA players.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman

And also when running a tournament, whats a good place to charge to rent a venue?
I can play tomorrow if you and anyone else wants to set somethin up.

@ Saltix - Do a house tourney for starters. You don't want to put yourself in a situation where you're paying for a venue and you don't get the money back because of flaky GA players.
That sounds like a better idea Mike. When were you thinking of hosting a tourney?

Saltix

Smash Lord
I'd come if it's a house tourney, that means free entry ;) (or, if you don't want to do that, lightened entry).
my mom would kick my **** lol. Plus, there's no room here for tvs and such
It would maybe be during July if at all, and I was gonna try and get some OoS to come to cover the venue costs
Just curious though, was 375 a lot?

DRN

Smash Lord

Yea i can play tmr as well. Buut i dont have a ride so it'd have to be either a small smashfest at my house or someone needs to pick me up. Mike your like 10 min away from my house~

Purple

Hi guys!
It would maybe be during July if at all, and I was gonna try and get some OoS to come to cover the venue costs
I got my venue for free (well, kind of, I gave them half of the total earnings).

See if you can find someone with connections first.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
If you want to rent a venue and run your own tournament, why not talk to me? I'd do it for less and have TVs already to use.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yea i can play tmr as well. Buut i dont have a ride so it'd have to be either a small smashfest at my house or someone needs to pick me up. Mike your like 10 min away from my house~
Smaaaaashfest; Oh yeah, my mom went off on me yesterday about me being out too much and not having priorities in check
Hopefully I can do something tomorrow, hoping she's forgotten -__-

bigman40

Smash Master
Smaaaaashfest; Oh yeah, my mom went off on me yesterday about me being out too much and not having priorities in check
Hopefully I can do something tomorrow, hoping she's forgotten -__-
Priorities? Lol, on a serious note, if she pulls that kind of excuse, then just have everything done so she can't even pull that up.

Anyways, always willing to pick people up and take em. I might ask Micaelis if he wants to have another since I'll be getting off earlier since I'm only working out and not doing actual work thursday and friday.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Priorities? Lol, on a serious note, if she pulls that kind of excuse, then just have everything done so she can't even pull that up.

Anyways, always willing to pick people up and take em. I might ask Micaelis if he wants to have another since I'll be getting off earlier since I'm only working out and not doing actual work thursday and friday.
Minus laundry, which I do myself lol, everything was done... On top of that she pulled the "just because you graduated doesn't mean you can go out all the time, you'll let these habits carry on into college"
I'm done with it , it's no big deal atm

^

Yeah, you should ask me.
If you have another one I'll either have to get a good excuse why I'll be gone so long and get the car out myself, or be taken home earlier. I don't think she wants me going to Tech anymore :/

Purple

Hi guys!
P-3 just say Rayku's right and it'll all be over.

Also yeah Mike, Roderick pretty much hit that nail on the head, show her your priorities are straight around the house, and you'll be good for tomorrow.

DRN

Smash Lord
If theres a smashfest at Michaels tmr ima need a ride from you scatz. As always i'll pay for gas.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I could do one tomorrow but Friday would be better just because I can have guests over earlier. Thursday I have lab from 3-6 but it could end earlier... but still wouldn't be looking at anything earlier than 5 where on Friday I can do as early as 2.

It's up to you guys, just tell me what you want.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
Id be up for a smashfest tomorrow but i wouldnt be able to show up till like 7 if thats cool.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i don't get off of work till 6 Monday-Thursday (off Friday). so if its during one of the days i work, i'd need to get a ride from scatz/lounis, assuming scatz doesn't leave earlier.

Friday, however, is perfect.

bigman40

Smash Master
Looks like I won't be able to do Friday for long. Going to Tennessee that night, then coming back Saturday. So, if you need rides from me, you'll most likely be leaving earlier than normal.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Looks like I won't be able to do Friday for long. Going to Tennessee that night, then coming back Saturday. So, if you need rides from me, you'll most likely be leaving earlier than normal.
Hooray

Uploading some videos, about 9 or 10 new ones from today
might take all day

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Okay, well it sounds like Friday is a go. I'll set it up. Can everyone give me a general idea of when they'll be arriving so I know when to be ready by? Thanks.

If you don't have my number, PM me for it or ask someone else for it.

bigman40

Smash Master
Okay, well it sounds like Friday is a go. I'll set it up. Can everyone give me a general idea of when they'll be arriving so I know when to be ready by? Thanks.

If you don't have my number, PM me for it or ask someone else for it.
What's the earliest time you can start the smashfest?

DRN

Smash Lord
Wow that sucks. When is your birthday?

Aight cool.
Birthday is on September 15th 92.

He started early/I started late iunno which one :[

Scatz ima need a ride to this of course ;D. Im fine w/ leaving early since were starting this smashfest a lot earlier then we usually do. So its around the same amount of practice as last time.

Top Bottom