• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

yani

Smash Lord
View attachment 278035
(My Geno doll is so amazing, I can’t stop watching it). When Geno gets revealed, it will teleport to my 6 years old kid that met him playing Mario RPG in 1996. That feeling would be indescribable. Only Mega Man and Banjo touched that part of me; but Geno will be higher than anyone.
I've never seen this before, is this an official licensed product or a custom made? It looks fantastic!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I think Waluigi's spirit board could easily double as a "Mario 35th Anniversary" spirit board.

I'm sure there's plenty of Mario characters that haven't appeared as spirits yet. Heck they could just include characters that are already spirits but just have them celebrating the anniversary.
Yeah I guess I could see that. Either that, or they could have the OC's from the original Mario Tennis and Golf games as his Spirit Board, although I'm not sure how each of those Spirits would be unique, since every OC plays the exact same from what I recall.

We've got 9 days to see if the rumored Direct pans out. At the latest, next Friday is when they'll announce it since Nintendo Directs lately have been announced a few days ahead of time
Or they could completely shadowdrop the Direct like they did with the Mini, as much as I wouldn't want that.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Yeah I guess I could see that. Either that, or they could have the OC's from the original Mario Tennis and Golf games as his Spirit Board, although I'm not sure how each of those Spirits would be unique, since every OC plays the exact same from what I recall.

Or they could completely shadowdrop the Direct like they did with the Mini, as much as I wouldn't want that.
General directs aren't shadowdropped, so I don't think that will be the case.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I wonder if it might actually be better for Nintendo to just suddenly put the Direct out there without giving people too much time to build up their expectations regarding the possible content. Because lord knows Nintendo is presently in a state where the last thing they need is people getting all of these big ideas in their heads about what they'll be releasing. They just don't seem to be capable of meeting high expectations, lately.

I'm going to try to believe in Nintendo just because I really don't need to get myself down with any extra doubts or despair-stewing when my depression is already draining me, but that belief certainly isn't based in anything solid that they've shown me lately. It's just pure, desperate hope.

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
The Legacy XP stuff is really interesting and I've learned quite a bit from my own network on the topic. I can't name names or go into specifics but I'll just say that my theorycraft on the topic from months ago was pretty spot on from what I've gathered and the chances of getting at least (Key phrase: AT LEAST) one character from that mod is pretty damn high.
I honestly think the other character Fatman mentioned that chances went up is Waluigi. Since the Spirit fan rule is broken, it isn't really far fetched to assume the Assist Trophy barrier will break in due time as well. The developers made sure that certain Assist Trophies were on or off on certain stages either for a cameo they had in the stage a la Knuckles in Green Hill Zone or for some other reason like Alucard not showning up on the Wii Fit stage because of mirrors because he is a vampire. Than there is also the fact that most Assist Trophies are close to being playable characters in terms of their animations, getting grabbed, ect. Plus while Chrom was never Assist Trophy, he still appears in Robin's Final Smash. I literally believe the Assist Trophy barrier will be destroyed in this game.
I have long hoped for assist upgrades (mostly for Shadow of course), but I could easily see a third dlc pack dedicated to upgrading assists (ex. Shadow
Isaac
Skull kid
Krystal
Waluigi
Knuckles
Bomberman)

This could please the fans that have waited for these characters for 10+ years, All While saving time and money since they have 3D models rigged of these characters which have some animations, and voice acting. I figure since there’s so many cool characters locked away in assist trophies, although characters are a long development process, with a lot of work already complete, maybe this dlc could get an additional fighter than the normal 6 per pack.

Not to mention they wouldn’t have to fight with companies to gain rights to these characters. I’d love if some assist upgrades were shown in pack 2, but I’d love if dlc 3 was assist upgrades.

D

Deleted member

To add onto this, the expiration was intentional due to a lot of raids happening on some Smash servers. Slender Slender says the link will be back up sometime next week.
Ah, good. Was just curious. Are all links disabled? As in someone can create their own invite link to the server and send it to me.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I have long hoped for assist upgrades (mostly for Shadow of course), but I could easily see a third dlc pack dedicated to upgrading assists (ex. Shadow
Isaac
Skull kid
Krystal
Waluigi
Knuckles
Bomberman)

This could please the fans that have waited for these characters for 10+ years, All While saving time and money since they have 3D models rigged of these characters which have some animations, and voice acting. I figure since there’s so many cool characters locked away in assist trophies, although characters are a long development process, with a lot of work already complete, maybe this dlc could get an additional fighter than the normal 6 per pack.

Not to mention they wouldn’t have to fight with companies to gain rights to these characters. I’d love if some assist upgrades were shown in pack 2, but I’d love if dlc 3 was assist upgrades.
To be completely honest? I'd pay $20 for Shadow on his own. Even if he was just a Sonic echo. Waiting until the very last possible second to show his Assist Trophy for base game was a total kick in the teeth. I vividly remember how empty my chest felt when I saw it. Maybe this is just because I was already having a pretty horrible day before I watched that presentation, but if the pseudo-Story Mode/World of Light reveal hadn't happened afterwards to raise my spirits (heh) by that 1%, I might've actually started crying over a video game. Which isn't something I really do.

I don't want to think about what might happen if we go this long and they go "Surprise! Here's that Geno Mii outfit you wanted."

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
To be completely honest? I'd pay $20 for Shadow on his own. Even if he was just a Sonic echo. Waiting until the very last possible second to show his Assist Trophy for base game was a total kick in the teeth. I vividly remember how empty my chest felt when I saw it. Maybe this is just because I was already having a pretty horrible day before I watched that presentation, but if the pseudo-Story Mode/World of Light reveal hadn't happened afterwards to raise my spirits (heh) by that 1%, I might've actually started crying over a video game. Which isn't something I really do.

I don't want to think about what might happen if we go this long and they go "Surprise! Here's that Geno Mii outfit you wanted."
You’re not the only one. I’d empty my wallet to Sakurai if he offered Shadow for every penny I own. Yes, seeing knuckles “replacing him” and then not seeing him appear until the last direct made me completely not excited for the game. I know that sounds crazy (I love the game), but the entire anticipation of not seeing him present anywhere and knuckles as an assist made me 100% think he was in the game. That was an awful direct for Shadow and Isaac fans. Hopefully that day made it clear to Nintendo which assists to upgrade...feel like it will never happen but maybe it will now that the top runners are mostly out of the way (Ridley, etc). I feel Geno is next in line, maybe Shadow could get in one day. Such a shame the ultimate life form isn’t playable in smash ultimate...so far.

Griselda

Smash Lord
You’re not the only one. I’d empty my wallet to Sakurai if he offered Shadow for every penny I own. Yes, seeing knuckles “replacing him” and then not seeing him appear until the last direct made me completely not excited for the game. I know that sounds crazy (I love the game), but the entire anticipation of not seeing him present anywhere and knuckles as an assist made me 100% think he was in the game. That was an awful direct for Shadow and Isaac fans. Hopefully that day made it clear to Nintendo which assists to upgrade...feel like it will never happen but maybe it will now that the top runners are mostly out of the way (Ridley, etc). I feel Geno is next in line, maybe Shadow could get in one day. Such a shame the ultimate life form isn’t playable in smash ultimate...so far.
Even if Nintendo doesn't take the disappointment into consideration and drop Shadow and Isaac into DLC, I hope that at the very least they've learned a lesson about marketing. Remember when Sakurai made that statement (I believe, it's a little foggy now) about how they'd revealed too many of the new fighters at once and wouldn't have much to show at the end? Many people thought he was lying or teasing. I know in that moment during the last reveal I was kinda upset with Sakurai, but thinking clearly now I genuinely feel sorry for him on that day: working himself too hard, them slipping up with their announcement schedule and knowing that he'd probably disappoint someone with the final two reveals... and then seeing people believing that he was lying and secretly had 5+ reveals waiting? Not to mention all the Grinch stuff painting the picture of what many people wanted and hoped for? He'd know right away that many people were going to be even more let down... and as a fellow creator, if I saw someone watching the reveal of my project that I'd worked on and then saw the light leave their eyes and all of their excitement drain away like that, I'd probably just go home and drag myself into bed for a few days. At least.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I'll just say that I think something weird is going on with first party characters. I've been saying this since January but Nintendo definitely has kept their own characters a lot better safeguarded than the third party characters. There's a lot of things that are really, really suspicious that I went into the other day like how virtually no first party Mii costumes have leaked and how Nintendo's holding off on rereleasing some very popular Amiibo figures for unknown reason. The Amiibo stuff is especially suspicious because it's already been leaked that a giant Zelda and Splatoon Amiibo dump is coming in September so it's seemingly deliberate. That said, a la carte first party characters could happen or mini packs or something but I'm extremely confident that Min Min isn't the end end of first party content in Season 2 but I'm not sold on Nintendo getting a full second pack dedicated to one of their IPs or a true Season 3.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'll just say that I think something weird is going on with first party characters. I've been saying this since January but Nintendo definitely has kept their own characters a lot better safeguarded than the third party characters. There's a lot of things that are really, really suspicious that I went into the other day like how virtually no first party Mii costumes have leaked and how Nintendo's holding off on rereleasing some very popular Amiibo figures for unknown reason. The Amiibo stuff is especially suspicious because it's already been leaked that a giant Zelda and Splatoon Amiibo dump is coming in September so it's seemingly deliberate. That said, a la carte first party characters could happen or mini packs or something but I'm extremely confident that Min Min isn't the end end of first party content in Season 2 but I'm not sold on Nintendo getting a full second pack dedicated to one of their IPs or a true Season 3.
and it's fair to say the next two or three of this pass are 3rd party characters if the rumors about Geno, Crash, and Lloyd or Master Chief have any validation

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I wonder if it might actually be better for Nintendo to just suddenly put the Direct out there without giving people too much time to build up their expectations regarding the possible content. Because lord knows Nintendo is presently in a state where the last thing they need is people getting all of these big ideas in their heads about what they'll be releasing. They just don't seem to be capable of meeting high expectations, lately.

I'm going to try to believe in Nintendo just because I really don't need to get myself down with any extra doubts or despair-stewing when my depression is already draining me, but that belief certainly isn't based in anything solid that they've shown me lately. It's just pure, desperate hope.
I keep checking out the Treehouse from yesterday with that reveal. Its embarrassingly bad. Its a clear cut example of being tone-deaf. Its like a major movie star being quiet all year about what events they will have autograph signings, only to finally break the silence with a press conference that they will be doing autographs at a local Burger King in some tiny town in Wyoming and then discussing it for 20 minutes.

Sadly, if Nintendo ever does a Direct, it will not meet any of its expectations from fans. It will either be met with frustrated 'FINALLY', criticized because it only had 'X, Y or Z,' or complaints that they didn't talk about a game, most likely BotW2. At least Prime 4 was given small update notifications. Zelda was announced last year and then absolutely nothing, not even small tidbit of information.

And heaven help them if a Direct happens and there's no Smash news. While people before were annoyed at others wanting Smash updates in every Nintendo event, this time I think majority will want Smash news because at least that's SOMETHING coming out this year.

vivala

Smash Journeyman
I keep checking out the Treehouse from yesterday with that reveal. Its embarrassingly bad. Its a clear cut example of being tone-deaf. Its like a major movie star being quiet all year about what events they will have autograph signings, only to finally break the silence with a press conference that they will be doing autographs at a local Burger King in some tiny town in Wyoming and then discussing it for 20 minutes.

Sadly, if Nintendo ever does a Direct, it will not meet any of its expectations from fans. It will either be met with frustrated 'FINALLY', criticized because it only had 'X, Y or Z,' or complaints that they didn't talk about a game, most likely BotW2. At least Prime 4 was given small update notifications. Zelda was announced last year and then absolutely nothing, not even small tidbit of information.

And heaven help them if a Direct happens and there's no Smash news. While people before were annoyed at others wanting Smash updates in every Nintendo event, this time I think majority will want Smash news because at least that's SOMETHING coming out this year.
It especially doesn't help that Nintendo had been silent for a while, even before the pandemic. We can guess about how much that's messed with production all we want, but there will still be a lot of people who are frustrated because Nintendo had to have been working on something before then.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Once Geno gets in Smash (maybe as soon as the upcoming Direct, who knows), say his music selection isn't the best and you wish for more songs and/or remixes. But the stage is exactly what you wanted it to be! So would you rather trade the great stage for a better music selection, or would you not sacrifice the great Super Mario RPG stage and leave the music selection as it is. (Let's say in this scenario Geno only comes with two tracks ripped from Super Mario RPG and that's it.)

(Succinctly, I suppose this is a question of if you care more about the stage or the music more. This may seem like the stage would obviously win all the time, but since there are so many stages in Ultimate I've seen some people who just want more music.)

Last edited:

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
I mean, I’ve had that suspicion for a long time. Nintendo doesn’t make space for something and not fill it, I remember those type of conversations happening during the smash 4 days...

16 slots, 16 characters. However they market it and release it doesn’t matter, and we don’t have information on the inside to know what Nintendo has been thinking and what plans have changed.

If it’s first party characters for a “mini pass”, they would just need a character and a stage, they don’t need the bombardment of music if they’re represented already. Same goes for spirits (except fighter spirits). They really don’t need stages, but I feel if there is space left for stages, they’d be filled as well

D

Deleted member

The stage I would want and predict is Star Hill. The Forest Maze was the place Geno gets recruited, but I think it would be boring. I think Star Hill would look beautiful and more important to Geno and the game. Not to mention in Geno’s spirit battle, the stage takes place in Mario Galaxy instead of some stage with trees or any thing close to a forest like Pikmin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
and it's fair to say the next two or three of this pass are 3rd party characters if the rumors about Geno, Crash, and Lloyd or Master Chief have any validation
There's that and the fact that the third party stuff not only has a lot more evidence but also has longevity. Like I've told the thread many, many times, Waluigi is the only first party character that's ever really come up in insider circles and everyone has heard him at some point since 2018. I've also explained why Waluigi is the perfect first party character to leak because for so much of the fanbase, he's literally unbelievable to the point that even until very recently a vast majority of the Waluigi fanbase had packed things up and figured it wasn't going to happen. Literally in the past couple of weeks, however, first party content has gotten an enormous boon not only because the no promotion fan rule is dead but new stuff has come up that heavily conflicts with Season 2 being only 5 more characters.

I mention this because several first party characters have very loyal fanbases and a quite a number of people have messaged me in the past year and a half about first party content. Each time it's happened, I've said "sorry, first party stuff has rarely come up" and I feel bad because I was telling the truth but it probably squashed the enthusiasm of a number of people. One is the Dixie fanbase. I've gotten some very heartfelt messages from Dixie fans (including a few people I've known since the Brawl days) because, like the Geno fanbase, she's an evergreen character that's the last big pick for a good number of "Boomers." I'm very happy things have seemingly turned around and I hope I didn't extinguish anyone's hope solely based on my own reports.

MattX20

Smash Hero
There's that and the fact that the third party stuff not only has a lot more evidence but also has longevity. Like I've told the thread many, many times, Waluigi is the only first party character that's ever really come up in insider circles and everyone has heard him at some point since 2018. I've also explained why Waluigi is the perfect first party character to leak because for so much of the fanbase, he's literally unbelievable to the point that even until very recently a vast majority of the Waluigi fanbase had packed things up and figured it wasn't going to happen. Literally in the past couple of weeks, however, first party content has gotten an enormous boon not only because the no promotion fan rule is dead but new stuff has come up that heavily conflicts with Season 2 being only 5 more characters.

I mention this because several first party characters have very loyal fanbases and a quite a number of people have messaged me in the past year and a half about first party content. Each time it's happened, I've said "sorry, first party stuff has rarely come up" and I feel bad because I was telling the truth but it probably squashed the enthusiasm of a number of people. One is the Dixie fanbase. I've gotten some very heartfelt messages from Dixie fans (including a few people I've known since the Brawl days) because, like the Geno fanbase, she's an evergreen character that's the last big pick for a good number of "Boomers." I'm very happy things have seemingly turned around and I hope I didn't extinguish anyone's hope solely based on my own reports.
So far, you haven't. You kept people's hopes alive more than dashed them

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Another reason why I'm thinking more first party characters are coming is because, simply put, not everybody has to have a gimmick. For example, we have the echoes and we also have characters that are just slight variations of stuff we've already seen. Isabelle has two unique moves but still mostly plays like Villager. Ridley is anorexic flying Bowser concept wise. Incineroar is tiger Zangief. Plant is just weird doesn't really have a unified concept aside from being weird. They don't have to reinvent the wheel with every character and you can tell third party characters or brand new franchise reps are the ones that they try to make the most unique. Someone like Waluigi, for example, can just be weird for weirdness sake. He doesn't have to have a Nose Meter that you fill up that will literally kill your opponent in real life with an electric shock through their controller once its full. It's that sort of thing.

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
Leak bait potentially? Nintendo has been cracking down on leaks as of late

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Another reason why I'm thinking more first party characters are coming is because, simply put, not everybody has to have a gimmick. For example, we have the echoes and we also have characters that are just slight variations of stuff we've already seen. Isabelle has two unique moves but still mostly plays like Villager. Ridley is anorexic flying Bowser concept wise. Incineroar is tiger Zangief. Plant is just weird doesn't really have a unified concept aside from being weird. They don't have to reinvent the wheel with every character and you can tell third party characters or brand new franchise reps are the ones that they try to make the most unique. Someone like Waluigi, for example, can just be weird for weirdness sake. He doesn't have to have a Nose Meter that you fill up that will literally kill your opponent in real life with an electric shock through their controller once its full. It's that sort of thing.
That's a good point. However I think some people are interpreting Sakurai's comment on the DLC all bringing something new to Smash literally. For example, Jon Cartwright (who I'm just using as an example here since people have heard of him), believes Sakurai has made a pattern with every DLC character being unique with a gimmick and will continue to do so.

Personally, I agree with you. I don't think every character necessarily needs to have a huge gimmick. However, I do think if a character does have a big identifiable gimmick baked into their character, that the decision to add them to Smash was more attractive to Sakurai.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Leak bait potentially? Nintendo has been cracking down on leaks as of late
Probably not because it's not blatant. It's not like I've been hearing "oh ****, dude, Dixie's coming" it's more like puzzle pieces sliding together and certain decisions Nintendo has made and rumors that have come out in the past two years in regards to Smash are making a lot more sense with new information that has come out.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Another reason why I'm thinking more first party characters are coming is because, simply put, not everybody has to have a gimmick.
It was a breath of fresh air that Banjo was very nearly treated like 1st party character in this regard. As far as gimmicks go, 'you can only use side b 5 times per stock' is downright vanilla.

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
https://youtu.be/bWAV8nO5mTY

20200711_114135.jpg

If anyone was interested in which characters were in the prediction video held by Source Gaming (which had NantenJex and Jon Cartwright on) I've included the list below since I just watched it. I'm not saying to look into these predictions and act of them as gospel, but I thought some people would be interested nonetheless. Tis all just for fun.

These predictions are in no particular order according to them.

Super Monkey Ball character
(Doesn't believe the characters being in balls is a hindrance. Believes the characters could be like Hero and have multiple characters as skins for AiAi.)

Xenoblade Chronicles character
(Wants Elma, though both him and NantenJex don't think she's as likely as Rex.)

Rhythm Heaven character
(Not much to say about this one. Seemed more like a wish than a prediction of what Sakurai will actually include in Vol. 2.)

Generation 8 Pokémon
(Doesn't think this prediction is fun, but is realistic. Guesses at Toxtricity.)

Master Chief
(Sounds a little crazy to him, but since Microsoft is playing ball he feels Chief is iconic enough to get a spot. Believes since he is less graphic than the Doom Slayer, he could get past rating boards easier. He believes Chief could use alien weapons as opposed to weapons with realistic bullets.)

SEGA character
(Wants another Sonic character like Dr. Eggman, but is leaning more towards Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo.)

(Agress with Jon and chooses a Xenoblade Chronicles rep. Wants Elma or a character from the original game like Melia, but believes Rex is likely.)

Travis Touchdown
(Thinks No More Heroes 3 is to the Switch what Bayonetta 2 was to the Wii U. He believes that if not a character, there will still be some form of NMH content in Smash, such as a Mii Swordfighter costume.)

Geno
(Believes Geno has a great shot for a myriad of reasons, chief among them being Sakurai's interest in the character, fan demand, and his lack of Mii costume returning. Though NantenJex notes how the Heihachi costume was held back and wonder if that could happen with Geno. Jon believes Geno is likely as well since Sakurai has used Ultimate to give the fans what they want.)

Crash Bandicoot
(Believes Crash is the next big mascot character to be added. NantenJex is unsure what unique thing could be done with Crash in comparison to the other DLC fighters, but believes that Crash popularity and notoriety could get him in.)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero

View attachment 278053

If anyone was interested in which characters were in the prediction video held by Source Gaming (which had NantenJex and Jon Cartwright on) I've included the list below since I just watched it. I'm not saying to look into these predictions and act of them as gospel, but I thought some people would be interested nonetheless. Tis all just for fun.

(Doesn't believe the characters being in balls is a hindrance. Believes the characters could be like Hero and have multiple characters as skins for AiAi.)

Rhythm Heaven character
(Not much to say about this one. Seemed more like a wish than a prediction of what Sakurai will actually include in Vol. 2.)

Generation 8 Pokémon
(Doesn't think this prediction is fun, but is realistic. Guesses at Toxtricity.)

Master Chief
(Sounds a little crazy to him, but since Microsoft is playing ball he feels Chief is iconic enough to get a spot. Believes since he is less graphic than the Doom Slayer, he could get past rating boards easier. He believes Chief could use alien weapons as opposed to weapons with realistic bullets.)

SEGA character
(Wants another Sonic character like Dr. Eggman, but is leaning more towards Arle Nadja from Puyo Puyo.)

(Agress with Jon and chooses a Xenoblade Chronicles rep. Wants Elma or a character from the original game like Melia, but believes Rex is likely.)

Travis Touchdown
(Thinks No More Heroes 3 is to the Switch what Bayonetta 2 was to the Wii U. He believes that if not a character, there will still be some form of NMH content in Smash, such as a Mii Swordfighter costume.)

Geno
(Believes Geno has a great shot for a myriad of reasons, chief among them being Sakurai's interest in the character, fan demand, and his lack of Mii costume returning. Though NantenJex notes how the Heihachi costume was held back and wonder if that could happen with Geno. Jon believes Geno is likely as well since Sakurai has used Ultimate to give the fans what they want.)

Crash Bandicoot
(Believes Crash is the next big mascot character to be added. NantenJex is unsure what unique thing could be done with Crash in comparison to the other DLC fighters, but believes that Crash popularity and notoriety could get him in.)
A good chunk of them (not so much with Generation 8 Pokemon) are all fairly plausible character picks

D

Deleted member

View attachment 278053

Rhythm Heaven character

Generation 8 Pokémon

Master Chief

SEGA character

Travis Touchdown

Geno

Crash Bandicoot
I've always liked Jon. Chief is definitely the next Microsoft rep for sure. No way they'd pass him up. As for the others, Rex is in the same vein as ARMS was, so he's in the running for FP2. Gen 8 Pokemon is kinda obligatory (lol, it's true) but I just hope it's Rillaboom, the other Grass starters were robbed.

I find it interesting that they're both predicting another SEGA rep and another Xenoblade character though. Someone like NiGHTs for SEGA would be really neat. Ai-Ai too. And I'd be happy with either Elma or Rex, the former for the fans (never played X) of course. And Rex is.. well, Rex.

SEGA doesn't come to mind when I think of Bayonetta or Joker, really. Even if they are the publishers. But it does for SEGA's own IPs, like NiGHTS (which I already mentioned)

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I know how you feel. Ridley's shadow was first shown off in the Pryosphere stage in the April 2014 Smash Direct and a lot of people including myself thought the shadow was too small for Ridley to be a boss so a lot of us thought he was confirmed. 6 months later in the 50-Fact Extravaganza Direct BOOM Ridley as a stage harzard confirmed. As a Ridley supporter since Melee, that was the biggest kick in the ***** to me and a lot of Ridley fans as a whole especially with how long they waited to announce his deconfirmation in Smash 4. Teasing off the shadow in the April Smash Direct made it seem like they were hinting at Ridley being playable yet that sadly wasn't the case. It's going to feel like the biggest middle finger ever if Geno's Mii costume comes back and we don't get him as a fighter after waiting more then 2 years to find out Geno's fate.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It was a breath of fresh air that Banjo was very nearly treated like 1st party character in this regard. As far as gimmicks go, 'you can only use side b 5 times per stock' is downright vanilla.
I agree and his gimmick is so tame in comparison that I can imagine him working in Smash 64. On this topic of "not every newcomer has to singlehandedly reinvent Smash", I think Crash could fall into this category. "Crash isn't super special moveset potential wise." Does he have to be? You know what his gimmick could be? His spin. Make it his standard B move. It's a reflector and has super armor but it's quick and Crash doesn't move very far when using it. BOOM. You have a character that has one of the best OoS options and reflectors in the game but the catch is that he's a short range fighter like Mario or Wario. That's a fantastic character concept built around his most iconic move that doesn't have to be super special snowflake to be appealing.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Ever think about these guys?
D05618F9-DD41-410E-BC22-95650CF9DA91.png

Only exists for a second at a time on screen but it has official art, I didn’t even know it had a name until today (Bonus Flower). Such a Mario-looking item that only ever appears in Mario RPG (of course) and is somehow just stuffed into random enemies throughout the game.

Where do you come from, Bonus Flower? What’s your story?

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ever think about these guys?

Only exists for a second at a time on screen but it has official art, I didn’t even know it had a name until today (Bonus Flower). Such a Mario-looking item that only ever appears in Mario RPG (of course) and is somehow just stuffed into random enemies throughout the game.

Where do you come from, Bonus Flower? What’s your story?
Huh, I don't remember ever seeing this official art before

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
I've always liked Jon. Chief is definitely the next Microsoft rep for sure. No way they'd pass him up. As for the others, Rex is in the same vein as ARMS was, so he's in the running for FP2. Gen 8 Pokemon is kinda obligatory (lol, it's true) but I just hope it's Rillaboom, the other Grass starters were robbed.

I find it interesting that they're both predicting another SEGA rep and another Xenoblade character though. Someone like NiGHTs for SEGA would be really neat. Ai-Ai too. And I'd be happy with either Elma or Rex, the former for the fans (never played X) of course. And Rex is.. well, Rex.

SEGA doesn't come to mind when I think of Bayonetta or Joker, really. Even if they are the publishers. But it does for SEGA's own IPs, like NiGHTS (which I already mentioned)
Yeah when it comes to getting another Sega character, I would be very happy with lots of choices as long as they came from the console era of Sega. When I think of Sega, I think of Super Moneky Ball, NIGHTS, Space Channel 5, Samba de Amigo, etc. Bayonetta and Persona don't feel like Sega (and I also don't give a **** about them either).

I would love to see another Sonic character but my biggest wish for a Sega character and a bit of a pipe dream is to see Beat from Jet Set Radio in Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yeah when it comes to getting another Sega character, I would be very happy with lots of choices as long as they came from the console era of Sega. When I think of Sega, I think of Super Moneky Ball, NIGHTS, Space Channel 5, Samba de Amigo, etc. Bayonetta and Persona don't feel like Sega (and I also don't give a **** about them either).

I would love to see another Sonic character but my biggest wish for a Sega character and a bit of a pipe dream is to see Beat from Jet Set Radio in Smash.
Man, Shining Force just gets no love anymore, does it?

...Albeit, it's owned by Sega now and even started on their consoles, despite being created by Camelot. A very good strategy rpg series(after Fire Emblem), which was designed where losing characters forever wasn't a typical thing. Just gather money, and well.

I'd love to see that in Smash. Sega has a ton of cool stuff. Even Spirits alone would be nice.

QQS

Smash Lord
I've never seen this before, is this an official licensed product or a custom made? It looks fantastic!
It was a special request I asked to someone that made handmade dolls in Santiago, Chile. The place where I live. Her work and dedication is amazing. You can find her on Instagram: tienda_panda_freak

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Beat is the only correct option.
Having Naganuma's discography immortalized in Smash outclasses any other reason for any other SEGA character to get in Smash.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
11 pages from now will be a 1000 pages since we surpassed the largest Smash character support thread prior to this one the Smash 4 Ridley support thread. My God you guys are amazing. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom