• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So, if Smithy is a costume, would he be a brawler or sword user or...what would he be? They don't exactly have a hammer Mii Fighter.
As awkward as it would look, they'd probably just have Smithy as a Swordfighter using the hammer.

Maybe not the time they were leaked. I can easily imagine Smithy being a sword fighter costume. The sword Exor is part of the Smithy gang so that would work.
... or that. A Smithy Swordfighter costume with Exor as the sword would actually be pretty cool.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, maybe. Though I was talking more around the time when those Mallow and Smithy costumes were leaked, not this year.

So, if Smithy is a costume, would he be a brawler or sword user or...what would he be? They don't exactly have a hammer Mii Fighter.
Maybe not the time they were leaked. I can easily imagine Smithy being a sword fighter costume. The sword Exor is a member of the Smithy gang so that would work.

Last edited by a moderator:

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I don't think two reveals is too high of an expectation or anything. CP8 needs to release by early next year at the latest to keep a reasonable pace. I'll only expect one reveal, but two seems quite on the cards

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
So, who are you guys expecting to be revealed for Smash in the Direct? Geno? If not, who else?
Given how things have gone as of late, I have little-to-no idea who to expect. There are a good number of characters I'd want to see, a good number of characters I think we could be, but none of them feel like they'll really be next.
FPV2July.png FPV2JulyVersion2.png
I made these a week or so ago and I still think they all have a good shot of making it in, but I'm not at all comfortable in claiming that any of them will definitively be next.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
I don't think two reveals is too high of an expectation or anything. CP8 needs to release by early next year at the latest to keep a reasonable pace. I'll only expect one reveal, but two seems quite on the cards
I probably sound like a broken record about this at this point, but I'll say it again: the months-long waiting period between Byleth and Min Min should've given the developers enough time to at least get Fighter 7 ready to reveal.

A double reveal of both Fighters 7 and 8 would be cool, but going into the supposedly upcoming Direct, I'm just expecting the absolute bare minimum: a Terry-style reveal of Fighter 7 (i.e. we find out who it is, but no actual gameplay is shown).

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
The optimist in me has believed that Geno was always coming, even if they never agreed to a second pass. He was going to be a bonus character, so they had been working on him alongside Byleth and before Min-Min. Hopefully when they reveal him next Monday, he’ll have a release date close to the end of the month.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
The optimist in me has believed that Geno was always coming, even if they never agreed to a second pass. He was going to be a bonus character, so they had been working on him alongside Byleth and before Min-Min. Hopefully when they reveal him next Monday, he’ll have a release date close to the end of the month.
The 20th isn't next Monday

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I just realized there's only 60 pages left 'til it hits 3,000! Wonder if it'll get to it before or just after the 20th if the Direct rumor turns out true?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I just realized there's only 60 pages left 'til it hits 3,000! Wonder if it'll get to it before or just after the 20th if the Direct rumor turns out true?
Probably after. We'll likely hit 2950-2975 at the most before the 20th

QQS

Smash Lord
My current lineup is:

-We will get Geno revealed as one of our next DLC fighters very soon in a Direct. Probably with Crash and/or Waluigi. Also of course with news of 3D remasters of Mario, Breath 2, Prime 4, SMRPG to the NSO and more games.

-Then we will reach page 3.000.

-Finally Geno will be available in the next Smash update between September and October.

:)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Guys, look who is back with good news:

View attachment 277977
Ooh, King Zell! I saw a few people ask about him so I'll explain. He's a pretty reliable insider but is mostly quiet nowadays. His biggest claim to fame was that he basically leaked all the major announcements for the 2019 Spring Direct. Because the internet loves it when other people are right about stuff, angry salty monkeys basically chased him off the internet so now he only chimes in every once in awhile. His biggest claims that haven't come to pass yet are RARE Replay and MCC for the Switch, claims he made in early 2019. Despite this, he's never backed down, especially with the Master Chief Collection and seems to coincidentally pop up again when major Halo news is about to be dropped.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Ooh, King Zell! I saw a few people ask about him so I'll explain. He's a pretty reliable insider but is mostly quiet nowadays. His biggest claim to fame was that he basically leaked all the major announcements for the 2019 Spring Direct. Because the internet loves it when other people are right about stuff, angry salty monkeys basically chased him off the internet so now he only chimes in every once in awhile. His biggest claims that haven't come to pass yet are RARE Replay and MCC for the Switch, claims he made in early 2019. Despite this, he's never backed down, especially with the Master Chief Collection and seems to coincidentally pop up again when major Halo news is about to be dropped.
and with him ultimately saying a July Direct is possibly happening, that's pretty big news no matter how you slice it

T2by4

Smash Lord
EcceFH9XkAIV-JK.jpeg

Was sent this on twitter... Wah's first appearance was on july 21st, july 20th direct rumored to be happening... 20th birthday of the Wah...

Lads... Welcome to Wah Theory.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
The 20th(?) direct comes, and a Smash trailer starts. Mario, Peach, and Bowser are fighting on Peach's Castle, when a silhouette appears floating off to the side. He moves into proper view and it's... Geno, finally returning to save Nintendo.
Geno Squares Up!
Mario and Peach cheer while Bowser silently cries tears of joy (with his back turned, because he has an image to keep up, of course). Geno begins to float over to Mario, when in a sudden callback to Melee, a foot steps on his head and pushes him down and out of view.
What, you were expecting a single fighter reveal? Too bad,
Waluigi's Time Has Come!

Ah, and also the Mallow and Smithy hats show up. CacoMallow was always real.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Was sent this on twitter... Wah's first appearance was on july 21st, july 20th direct rumored to be happening... 20th birthday of the Wah...
We need another Mario Golf (that includes Mini-golf).... I know their Tennis games sales like crazy but come on.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 278001

My rage would be indescribable if 7/7 theory doesn't happen with Geno, but this happens with Waluigi.

RingJ5

Smash Ace
The 20th isn't next Monday
That’s one of those weird regional things that there isn’t technically a right answer for and has to do with tenses. “It’s going to happen on Monday” wouldn’t refer to the 6th as that has already passed and the speaker is referring to an event that hasn’t occurred yet, so “Monday” is now the 13th and “next Monday” is now the 20th. It’s a fascinating “quirk” of speech.

It’s still insane to think that we’re only ten days away from finally getting some kind of answers as to at least FP7 and hopefully FP8 as well, though. My guess is definitely still Geno and Crash, though I wouldn’t entirely discount Waluigi somehow showing up.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
View attachment 278001

As much as I want the Wah, I just can't see him being anything other then a bonus character at this point. I am still stumped on what his Spirit Board would be. Like yeah, I know already existing Spirits are proven to appear on DLC Spirit Boards too, but I still feel like a Waluigi Spirit Board would be a mishmash of random things that have no relation to Waluigi at all.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I know this is late, but...

Can I just say, I am glad/impressed to see this list getting updated upon new stuff? That is some commitment by our guy Polarthief Polarthief
Yes, hi, hello, that's me! You should see a spreadsheet I made for a WoW "minigame" last expansion if you think The List™ is all that impressive. ;)
I'm sorry I haven't been around here all that often, but I have been actively hanging out in the Star Road discord and still taking part in speculation, but yes, I am still dedicated to keeping it up-to-date. Hopefully, it should only be another ~9.5 days of waiting! :)

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
That’s one of those weird regional things that there isn’t technically a right answer for and has to do with tenses. “It’s going to happen on Monday” wouldn’t refer to the 6th as that has already passed and the speaker is referring to an event that hasn’t occurred yet, so “Monday” is now the 13th and “next Monday” is now the 20th. It’s a fascinating “quirk” of speech.
Correct. “Monday” refers to the soonest Monday, which in this case is the 13th. Especially since it’s the weekend. “Next Monday” refers to the following Monday, the 20th.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I know this is late, but...

Yes, hi, hello, that's me! You should see a spreadsheet I made for a WoW "minigame" last expansion if you think The List™ is all that impressive. ;)
I'm sorry I haven't been around here all that often, but I have been actively hanging out in the Star Road discord and still taking part in speculation, but yes, I am still dedicated to keeping it up-to-date. Hopefully, it should only be another ~9.5 days of waiting! :)
>WoW
lol nerd

Last edited:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how the Smash reveals this time around will be handled. Assuming they reveal 2 in the rumored July direct, I don't really see them repeating the model from last year where there was one reveal in the beginning and one in the end. Especially if the characters are ether Geno, Waluigi, or Crash. Those just seem too huge of announcements to start a direct with. I think they'll probably do a double reveal at the end, but I think there's a good chance they'll pull something no one was expecting that will catch everyone off guard

Hopefully the direct rumors are legit, pretty excited to see where things are heading

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
With that Personalized Mario 64 thing that's been going around, I have to wonder: Have any of you ever had any scary/unsettling Geno/SMRPG/Smash dreams or false memories?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I wonder how the Smash reveals this time around will be handled. Assuming they reveal 2 in the rumored July direct, I don't really see them repeating the model from last year where there was one reveal in the beginning and one in the end. Especially if the characters are ether Geno, Waluigi, or Crash. Those just seem too huge of announcements to start a direct with. I think they'll probably do a double reveal at the end, but I think there's a good chance they'll pull something no one was expecting that will catch everyone off guard

Hopefully the direct rumors are legit, pretty excited to see where things are heading
I feel like they could do a mid and End Direct reveal. Not starting with Smash will allow them to keep attention throughout the presentation without blueballing people.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”. Well I’m going to start, the name QQS is the name I gave to a doll I still have since my childhood era. One of my favorite puppets from my kid era. The idea of using his name here it’s because the “doll” thing in Geno. One day I googled it and it was also the acronym of an album of a Latin Pop band called CNCO. Clearly it has nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence I discovered when I googled my own creation in the browser. That album called “QQS” is from 2019 and I gave that acronym to my beloved puppet back in 1998. Now I’m 30 years old recently turned on. One of the few old school persons that played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years old.

My QQS doll is actually a Duck.
Retrogamer because I love Retro games and play them much more than games from newer more recent consoles and Max because that's my real first name.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 278001

Considering how little Nintendo cares about Waluigi I doubt they'll remember his birthday... (man what a depressing thought)

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”. Well I’m going to start, the name QQS is the name I gave to a doll I still have since my childhood era. One of my favorite puppets from my kid era. The idea of using his name here it’s because the “doll” thing in Geno. One day I googled it and it was also the acronym of an album of a Latin Pop band called CNCO. Clearly it has nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence I discovered when I googled my own creation in the browser. That album called “QQS” is from 2019 and I gave that acronym to my beloved puppet back in 1998. Now I’m 30 years old recently turned on. One of the few old school persons that played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years old.

My QQS doll is actually a Duck.
My name's from an inside joke my partner and I have. Many moons ago he was in a chat, and the subject of the Canadian/American border came up. Someone commented that it's weird that someone can basically waltz over to Canada but has to jump through hoops to get back home. They said "what am I gonna do, smuggle a moose??" To which my partner's very mild-mannered British friend responded in all-caps "DO IT SMUGGLE THE MOOSE". The sheer shock of this normally mild-mannered British guy randomly bursting into all caps was just priceless, and I wound up adopting the name even tho I had no part in the conversation lol.

Like all inside jokes, it may only be funny to those who were there, but I still wanted to share lol.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Given how things have gone as of late, I have little-to-no idea who to expect. There are a good number of characters I'd want to see, a good number of characters I think we could be, but none of them feel like they'll really be next.
View attachment 277980 View attachment 277981
I made these a week or so ago and I still think they all have a good shot of making it in, but I'm not at all comfortable in claiming that any of them will definitively be next.
You know I just realized something since now I bought all the all the fighter in pack 1 one by one and have all the fighters how am I supposed to get the Rex mii costume? Am I required to purchase the whole pack again?

QQS

Smash Lord
“The July Direct is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes...”

NEVER allow someone that tells you Geno is “too obscureto be playable in Smash. He is 100% in for me and I will never regret my words cause we are about to see the end of the two decades tunnel. Don’t judge my faith, everything that happens leads and increases Geno’s chances to be Ultimately playable. Every Direct or official info enhance Geno’s chances and makes him more alive and brighter than ever. Every Missing Costume, Takedown of songs or Legacy, Fan rules broken or anything, increases his chances. Min Min’s base-game spirit do NOT deconfirm was the last thing I needed to be from 99.9% to 100% sure he is in. To all of this, add the rest of evidence of The List and Sakurai’s acknowledge of the character, his declarations on it, how Geno made in all polls, the only costume with Splash Art and a song on the trailer, and many more things.

To all of this, add that Geno is perfect for Smash. Being the FIRST third party coming from a first party world. Mario universe, amazing and fresh moveset. The team can translate all from his game. Moveset, design, taunts, sounds, victory song, music and spirits. It will also bring new mechanics to Smash and bring another old school character to the roster which is Third Party but existing only in Mario World. It will be the best reveal. Go and check how insane is the fan art and love everyone shares on him on social media. Music, drawing, animations, 3D models, remixe

This guy is perfect for Smash and no one would make me believe the opposite.

8AD9CDAD-8E87-446F-8A7A-AD9268682CB8.jpeg

(My Geno doll is so amazing, I can’t stop watching it). When Geno gets revealed, it will teleport to my 6 years old kid that met him playing Mario RPG in 1996. That feeling would be indescribable. Only Mega Man and Banjo touched that part of me; but Geno will be higher than anyone.

GENO SHOOTS AMONG THE STARS!

papagenos papagenos Fatmanonice Fatmanonice and all the crew: Geno in Smash will have a special % from all of us in this thread and all over the world that loves him and keeps him alive since 24 years ago. This is thanks to Nintendo & Square but we make this possible, with our passion and voice. I know I sound that if he was already in playable but believe me, he will. Probably I’m the most hyped guy on it with a 100% on him, but I don’t regret it. Just wait and see how wishes come true :)

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
My rage would be indescribable if 7/7 theory doesn't happen with Geno, but this happens with Waluigi.
I would die laughing. I don´t love waluigi. But I´ll always root for his underdog ass.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
Glad to see that he is back. from what I have gathered, he is still on the Master Chief Collection to Switch. I hope that happens.

So, speaking of Halo news, 343 recently announced that Halo 3 on PC is now complete. I assume they only have Halo 4 left to port at this point. Maybe the porting to Switch would begin soon, or has already begun, if that rumor is to be believed?

Also, Nintendo Direct rumored to be 7/20. Xbox is doing their E3(RIP) Presentation on 7/23. Pretty close to one another. I hope to see MCC actually happen on Switch, announced during the Nintendo Direct. Then, Halo: Infinite will be the talk on 7/23. Would love for that to happen/mean something. May be a stretch, but a Chief fan can dream. Hoping for Chief and Geno soon.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
As much as I want the Wah, I just can't see him being anything other then a bonus character at this point. I am still stumped on what his Spirit Board would be. Like yeah, I know already existing Spirits are proven to appear on DLC Spirit Boards too, but I still feel like a Waluigi Spirit Board would be a mishmash of random things that have no relation to Waluigi at all.
I think Waluigi's spirit board could easily double as a "Mario 35th Anniversary" spirit board.

I'm sure there's plenty of Mario characters that haven't appeared as spirits yet. Heck they could just include characters that are already spirits but just have them celebrating the anniversary.

MattX20

Smash Hero
We've got 9 days to see if the rumored Direct pans out. At the latest, next Friday is when they'll announce it since Nintendo Directs lately have been announced a few days ahead of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom