• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
I remember the wii Years, terrible years for being a nintendo fan. Most e3´s after Brawl sucked. It also made me trade a wii for a psp and a dreamcast in hope of better games.
I´m gonna make a DOWNER e3 prediction:
I’m gonna make it even more of a downer—
New Smash fighter is a pokemon.
Surprise! It’s the stupid looking monkey legend. Or Urshifu with a Gigantamax FS. They could’ve gone with a starter, but they got Pokémon DLC to push.[/I]

Mario collection is just a bunch of ports, not remade in the new oddysey engine.
All sold separately. 49.99 each.
No MP4 teaser.
No Bayo teaser,
Pikmin 3 port.
Zelda collection Port.
Fat chance on any of em. Maybe we’ll get a full-priced barely HD Metroid Prime Trilogy.
Some Fit Ring game or a switch cardboard game.
Ring Fit Labo Exercise Equipment. 89.99. You still can’t find Ring Fit Adventure anywhere, so this is moot.
Doom eternal trailer, release date.
Six months after it releases on other consoles.
A bunch of third party games that most people say eh.
All of them full priced subpar ports of games released last year.

That said, now that I’ve made myself sad, I’m going to hype myself up a little—

-Direct starts up with a Smash trailer. It’s Geno! Doing a huge reversal of last year’s Direct, where the fan favorite comes early. I don’t think we’re getting two reveals, but this is a dream scenario, so shut up!

-SMRPG also coming to NSO immediately after the Direct ends. No other NSO announcements.

-What appears to be a Super Mario 64 trailer, where Mario’s running around in the courtyard. Kinda making everyone think it’s an announcement for Nintendo 64 games joining NSO, but as soon as Mario reaches the castle, he stops, jumps up in the air, and his surroundings are instantly HD-ified! Wow! Then Mario enters the castle and we change over to Sunshine for a few seconds, then Galaxy! All three games look gorgeous. Super Mario HD Collection release September 2020 in time for Mario’s 35th. Full priced game.

-Super Mario 3D World port is on the way too, with online multiplayer announced. Releases in August.

-Various 3rd Party ports, blah blah blah, until we finally see Master Chief Collection. Wha!?

-End I’d Direct. Except it’s not—one more thing!

-Open up a trailer in Blood Gulch. Master Chief finishes the fight! Direct OVER!

I expect *nothing less*, Nintendo!

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie. I bought PM:TOK on impulse after the first trailer shadow dropped and now, I'm kinda regretting it (refund pls?).

Geno, where arst thou?

Shaboba

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1760-9183-5135
I know with the news drought and all the recent horrible-ness that's been going on lately it seems easy to get discouraged about our boy, but I can't help but remember everything we have going in our favor, all the evidence that piles up beyond being more than just sheer coincidence. I really, really think that the best is yet to come.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Let's not try to make depressing Direct predictions. We don't need more of that now
Think of it as a hype vaccine. Nintendo does tend to have some ****ty years. I know you guys are all about | LET[S DREAM IT| in this thread. But historically, Nintendo does tend to have some ****ty years. Hell, quote me on this. If Geno is announced in this july Direct, I[ll send two 10 dollar switch codes.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Think of it as a hype vaccine. Nintendo does tend to have some ****ty years. I know you guys are all about | LET[S DREAM IT| in this thread. But historically, Nintendo does tend to have some ****ty years. Hell, quote me on this. If Geno is announced in this july Direct, I[ll send two 10 dollar switch codes.
It's been since the Wii U era we had a really BAD E3 direct. So I don't think we're overdue for anything like 2008 anytime soon.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
It's saddening to see people so down on Nintendo right now. And I'm sad because I'm usually one to be the last to write a long-winded critique on the company, but I think things have gotten a little ridiculous. Though I get it, while the virus is obviously a good reason for things being delayed and this year being thrown off... Nintendo said their holiday titles are on track. So while it may be presumptuous to say, it feels like Nintendo used the virus as an excuse to withhold information from us. Now I'm usually not this cynical, and I'm not implying this is what Nintendo is doing full-stop, but if Nintendo themselves said their games are on track (heck even Sakurai said the fighters aren't track)... then what conclusion should I draw? Again, as people have brought up, Sony and Microsoft have had no problems having video presentations, so why can't Nintendo? If Nintendo just said they were having delays and issues, (most) people would be understanding! But they haven't... they said the opposite, in fact.

I don't think it is entitled to simply want 1st party video games to be announced for a Nintendo console. We the consumer aren't entitled to everything and Nintendo isn't supposed to play to the whims of the consumer, but we give Nintendo money for a console and expect a product. To me, it is ridiculous that it has been over 300 days since the last Direct (not Mini) and Nintendo hasn't communicated anything. See, I could see someone calling this mindset as "entitled" if Nintendo said their games were having development issues. But that's the problem, Nintendo literally hasn't communicated anything AND the thing they have said is that their holiday season games are on track! Again, it is not entitlement to expect Nintendo, with its wealth of IPs, to give us more than one game to look forward to. Here's thing, I actually have been good with the 1st party games this year! I'm loving Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, I really enjoy New Horizons, and I'm optimistic about The Origami King (though I totally get why people aren't). But what about the people who don't like those titles? No everyone is into Xenoblade, so there have just been huge gaps with 0 communication from Nintendo. AGAIN, the consumer is not entitled to just expect some communication on games when Nintendo says nothing is delayed and hasn't had their usual presentations for over 300 days. I have to keep specifying how this isn't coming from entitlement because I know people will just use the word "entitled" or "toxic" as a defense.

*sigh* While I'm deflated at the current moment, based off of the rumored games, I am excited to see what could happen soon! I love Nintendo games, but the company can suck major Konkey Dong sometimes. While their mystique can be cool at times, in this situation, their consumers seem to be starved for info and it seems like Nintendo has been content to let things remain how they are. Again, I personally enjoy the games they've released, but a lot of people clearly need something else. Let's hope the rumored July Direct is real. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , we could use some pick-me-ups soon. Let's hope the things you've heard pan out!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Again, as people have brought up, Sony and Microsoft have had no problems having video presentations, so why can't Nintendo? If Nintendo just said they were having delays and issues, (most) people would be understanding! But they haven't... they said the opposite, in fact.
And that question has been answered more than once. Japan and West have a different structure when it comes to handling "working at home". For a traditional Japanese company, that area is.... well in lack of a better term, unorthodox. Yes, Sony is a Japanese company, but it has also taken cues from western companies. Correct me if I´m wrong, but isn´t even their Playstation headquarter even in America? Nintendo is however is a prime example of a traditional Japanese company were "working from home" is new to them. That´s why they have a harder time.

And let´s not forget that they even stated in the mini direct back in march that the release dates that they were showing could be changed due to COVID... That was the first thing they even brought up in that direct.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's coming to Disney +. It was one of those announcements that weirdly slipped under the radar because I think Disney just casually did a random press release for it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/kingdom-hearts-tv-show-disney-report
Animated series based a big name franchise from big named developers: Announced in a random press conference with little fanfare.

A literal 'What the hell is this' game from a small series: presented at a Nintendo livestream event.

What. The. Hell.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
A very plausible theory that's been floating around in the Newcomer Spec thread is that Tencent and WayForward probably paid Nintendo to have their games promoted. I certainly hope this is the case, because otherwise it is a baffling decision to promote two very underwhelming games so heavily. We just gotta stay patient and hope we get a good Direct either this month or next

MattX20

Smash Hero
The July Direct had better live up to at least September 4's from last year in terms of standards. Anything less would be a real letdown

Droodle

Smash Lord
The July Direct had better live up to at least September 4's from last year in terms of standards. Anything less would be a real letdown
I don't know if Geno is gonna be announced or anything like that, but judging from the rumors it probably will. It depends on if they plan on covering some games that come out next year like BOTW 2 or not or it's entirely games that come this year like Pikmin 3, Mario Remasters, and Bravely Default 2. But I think that Nintendo knows that people expect at least some new info on BOTW 2.

Guys, look who is back with good news: View attachment 277977
That's King Zell, who is among the most reliable leakers out there.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don't know if Geno is gonna be announced or anything like that, but judging from the rumors it probably will. It depends on if they plan on covering some games that come out next year like BOTW 2 or not or it's entirely games that come this year like Pikmin 3, Mario Remasters, and Bravely Default 2. But I think that Nintendo knows that people expect at least some new info on BOTW 2.

So, what rumors are pointing to Geno in the July Direct, again?

MattX20

Smash Hero

Oh, that's King Zell? I wasn't aware

Droodle

Smash Lord
So, what rumors are pointing to Geno in the July Direct, again?
Oh no, I'm not talking about Geno rumors or anything like that. I meant to just say that the July Direct will probably exceed the September Direct last year, Geno's still a wild card that may or may not show up.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
There was this one rumor that popped up rather recently stating that Geno would be revealed this month during a Direct.
My heart. :sadeyes:
Very funny, wise guy!

Oh no, I'm not talking about Geno rumors or anything like that. I meant to just say that the July Direct will probably exceed the September Direct last year, Geno's still a wild card that may or may not show up.
Oh, my bad, then.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I'm not even trying to get my hopes up for this July Direct, but I do feel like if they were to show a Smash character at this Direct, the one that honestly seems the most likely rn is Geno, and I am not even trying to be bias here. Everything just lines up so perfectly and we all know about the evidence that are in Geno's favor.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Geno were revealed in that Direct, honest to God, would be one of the best days of my life

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, who are you guys expecting to be revealed for Smash in the Direct? Geno? If not, who else?

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
So, who are you guys expecting to be revealed for Smash in the Direct? Geno? If not, who else?
If we are only getting a reveal, i expect geno but if we are getting 2 i see 3 timelines:
Big E3: Geno and a huge western rep (Rayman, Crash, Doomslayer, etc)
Like 2019: A Hero-Banjo style with Geno and a fan demand in japan like Lloyd or Arle
Happy B-Day Plumber: Geno and Waluigi

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
If we are only getting a reveal, i expect geno but if we are getting 2 i see 3 timelines:
Big E3: Geno and a huge western rep (Rayman, Crash, Doomslayer, etc)
Like 2019: A Hero-Banjo style with Geno and a fan demand in japan like Lloyd or Arle
Happy B-Day Plumber: Geno and Waluigi
I do hope we get two reveals. I understand why it could not happen, so I am not truly expecting that, but after two reveals happening at last year's E3, and though there is no E3 this year; hey, why not?

GodzillaGuy64

Smash Apprentice
Got a new meme for y’all since this day was...underwhelming to say the least on the Nintendo news side.
00703915-55A7-42DF-BEAB-C8D9711049AC.jpeg

D

Deleted member

Hypothetically, if the Mallow and Smithy costumes are real, then I think it’s reasonable to predict Geno 7 or 8. These costumes were given in last July, so that may mean Geno is among the early characters decided and started development. I believe Sakurai did say character development would take over a year to complete.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hypothetically, if the Mallow and Smithy costumes are real, then I think it’s reasonable to predict Geno 7 or 8. These costumes were given in last July, so that may mean Geno is among the early characters decided and started development. I believe Sakurai did say character development would take over a year to complete.
Speaking of those costumes, they were leaked around a year ago. Anyone think that those costumes, alongside maybe Geno as a playable, were delayed, by any chance?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Possibly pushed back a bit due to Covid.
Yeah, maybe. Though I was talking more around the time when those Mallow and Smithy costumes were leaked, not this year.

So, if Smithy is a costume, would he be a brawler or sword user or...what would he be? They don't exactly have a hammer Mii Fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom