• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
My user name is because of my name. Isak (which is the Swedish spelling of Isaac) where Is is pronounced like Ice, and Wolff is because my last name is Wolff and I´m born in 1992

D

Deleted member

My user name pretty much has no meaning with the numbers and the underscore. I just made it all up. Armadillos though are my favorite animals. Even though, they carry diseases...

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
I don't think Geno being a premium costume makes a lot of sense based on Mii Costume Guy's leaked list

If we take his list as accurate, we already have Smithy and Mallow costumes coming. We also know based on the list, that Chococbo hat is also returning, and there's another mysterious Square costume coming. Getting a premium Geno Costume gives Mario RPG 3 costumes, which is honestly a lot, especially if the Square rep ends up being someone else. I would assume that the Square rep would get a couple of costumes related to the character. We know Square likes to release their content close together, so having a Mii Costume wave that has Geno, Smithy, Mallow, Chococbo, and an additional mysterious one, doesn't leave a lot of room to add more Costumes related to the Square rep

If Geno becomes the Square rep though, the Mii Wave becomes just Mallow, Smithy, Chococbo, and that mystery one which just fits a lot better. We get costumes related to the playable fighter plus costumes that are just bonuses from Square
That's the same reason why i think geno is coming, square giving 3 mii costumes from a game which isn't getting a fighter seems unlikely for me

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm not sure we'll reach 3000 pages before the supposed Direct on the 20th, but I think we've got a good shot of reaching page 2950 before then

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”. Well I’m going to start, the name QQS is the name I gave to a doll I still have since my childhood era. One of my favorite puppets from my kid era. The idea of using his name here it’s because the “doll” thing in Geno. One day I googled it and it was also the acronym of an album of a Latin Pop band called CNCO. Clearly it has nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence I discovered when I googled my own creation in the browser. That album called “QQS” is from 2019 and I gave that acronym to my beloved puppet back in 1998. Now I’m 30 years old recently turned on. One of the few old school persons that played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years old.

My QQS doll is actually a Duck.
I just picked my username because I like Invader Zim.

D

Deleted member

I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”. Well I’m going to start, the name QQS is the name I gave to a doll I still have since my childhood era. One of my favorite puppets from my kid era. The idea of using his name here it’s because the “doll” thing in Geno. One day I googled it and it was also the acronym of an album of a Latin Pop band called CNCO. Clearly it has nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence I discovered when I googled my own creation in the browser. That album called “QQS” is from 2019 and I gave that acronym to my beloved puppet back in 1998. Now I’m 30 years old recently turned on. One of the few old school persons that played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years old.

My username is literally just stolen from one of the secret bosses of Mega Man Battle Network 3 - Serenade. The look and feel of the Secret Area, as well as Serenade's graceful movements and calm personality really captivated me then and I still admire the character - I do not have that grace or that serenity, but it's something I can aspire to.
Mechanically speaking, Serenade isn't very challenging, but in White version (the version I grew up playing) you get a Serenade giga chip that, with the proper set up, can deal around 5000 damage to any enemy in the game (enough to delete any boss in the series), making it essentially the single strongest chip in the series. Fun fact, Serenade is referred to as "king of the Undernet" or "UnderKing" (a title that if I'm in a rush, I put in as my tag in Smash as either "URA" or "URA OH") in the English version, but I've always considered Serenade "her". The designers say that the character is based on genderless divinity, but I'm pretty set in my ways of viewing Serenade as female. Oh, and... the 01 is because 9 times out of 10 someone already has a basic ***** name like Serenade. Sometimes, when I forget my password to my old account, I make a new one and it ends up being 02.

Anyway...

I brought this up in a certain server of the discordant variety and figured I'd post it here just to make people angry, or whatever my words on a screen do to the human psyche, because once again someone wanted to mention that Square does things for money because they are a greedy faceless corporation that hates fun.

Sure, Cloud was shown off in Smash conveniently close to the original teaser for Final Fantasy VII's remake... but Cloud himself was in production for anywhere between 8 and 12 months beforehand, because as we've discussed at length, characters take about that long to make, according to Sakurai himself. So, forgive me for this big brain play, but consider the facts for a moment:

In the interview with Sakurai and Nomura, this one that we go back to very often, we are granted the tale of how Nomura thought Cloud was too old to be popular, and Sakurai countered with the opposite: Cloud is the most popular Final Fantasy character he could possibly add to Smash, and few of the pretty anime lads from Final Fantasy could possibly match Cloud's universal appeal and recognition. Now... why would Nomura think Cloud is too old if the Final Fantasy VII remake was just waiting in the rafters to swoop down and enjoy the free advertisement of being in popular children's party game Super Smash Bros.?

Because it wasn't happening yet at the time of Cloud's negotiations. You are totally allowed to call me crazy, but just for a moment, consider: what if Square didn't expect to gain anything from Cloud until Nomura was essentially dragged to the realization by Sakurai that Cloud is still a popular character and virtually the face of their franchise? What if there would have been no Final Fantasy VII remake without Super Smash Brothers for Wii U? ****ing wild, huh? Just food for thought.

MattX20

Smash Hero
In just a little over an hour from now is the Paper Mario Treehouse alongside the 3rd party game Wayforward is working on. It may or may not factor into speculation for fighters beyond FP7

Last edited:

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
My username are the combinations of "Mr", becuase Mister is a really cool pronoun, and Judd, the cat from Splatoon.
Plus, it just so happens that they're also my initials. No, I'm not Michael Jordan...

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
Anyway...

I brought this up in a certain server of the discordant variety and figured I'd post it here just to make people angry, or whatever my words on a screen do to the human psyche, because once again someone wanted to mention that Square does things for money because they are a greedy faceless corporation that hates fun.

Sure, Cloud was shown off in Smash conveniently close to the original teaser for Final Fantasy VII's remake... but Cloud himself was in production for anywhere between 8 and 12 months beforehand, because as we've discussed at length, characters take about that long to make, according to Sakurai himself. So, forgive me for this big brain play, but consider the facts for a moment:

In the interview with Sakurai and Nomura, this one that we go back to very often, we are granted the tale of how Nomura thought Cloud was too old to be popular, and Sakurai countered with the opposite: Cloud is the most popular Final Fantasy character he could possibly add to Smash, and few of the pretty anime lads from Final Fantasy could possibly match Cloud's universal appeal and recognition. Now... why would Nomura think Cloud is too old if the Final Fantasy VII remake was just waiting in the rafters to swoop down and enjoy the free advertisement of being in popular children's party game Super Smash Bros.?

Because it wasn't happening yet at the time of Cloud's negotiations. You are totally allowed to call me crazy, but just for a moment, consider: what if Square didn't expect to gain anything from Cloud until Nomura was essentially dragged to the realization by Sakurai that Cloud is still a popular character and virtually the face of their franchise? What if there would have been no Final Fantasy VII remake without Super Smash Brothers for Wii U? ****ing wild, huh? Just food for thought.
If this wasn't enough...

Square got 2 spirit events.

Heavily implying that their next representative will be mostly non-profit outside of Smash, as why would they feel the need to promote a new game(s), if they were already going to do that with their next representative and overwhelm Nintendo with "PROFIT PROMOTION SHILL!"?
It would make no sense.

Last edited:

Heoj

Smash Ace
My username is a mix of my first and last name and it originates from my first email address that was given to me by my school.
Which also was shut down when i finished that school. I just stuck with it for some reason, though the way i pronounce it probably isnt grammatically correct but i dont really care

domriver

Smash Lord
If this wasn't enough...

Square got 2 spirit events.

Heavily implying that their next representative will be mostly non-profit outside of Smash, as why would they feel the need to promote a new game(s), if they were already going to do that with their next representative and overwhelm Nintendo with "PROFIT PROMOTION SHILL!"?
It would make no sense.
I could be wrong but Square is not going to get a full profit from Geno like they are/doing with Cloud and Hero. Geno is half half is it not?
Square and Nintendo of course they have to BOTH be in agreement for those characters in that Universe be utilized. Its like 50% profit of the profits from Geno Character.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Guys... it just occurred to me what could be that mystery game from WayForward that might be shown off after the PM:TOK gameplay showcase. Albeit this game's rights currently belong to Konami (I think)... could it be a new Adventure Island game?!?!?! :eek:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Guys... it just occurred to me what could be that mystery game from WayForward that might be shown off after the PM:TOK gameplay showcase. Albeit this game's rights currently belong to Konami (I think)... could it be a new Adventure Island game?!?!?! :eek:

This would be a great surprise.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

The music in that game is fantastic.

MattX20

Smash Hero
The Nintendo Twitch stream went live, so we'll be finding out soon what the Treehouse will reveal

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman

Mine is simple. Patryk is my first name and the Prime comes from the fact that Metroid Prime was my first Metroid game I beat and I love the Prime series.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
My username are the combinations of "Mr", becuase Mister is a really cool pronoun, and Judd, the cat from Splatoon.
Plus, it just so happens that they're also my initials. No, I'm not Michael Jordan...
Whatever you say, Michael Jackson!

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I chose my username simply because I love the word "Enigma". I don't know why but its just such a fun word to say, and that is literally my YouTube channel name. As for the 735 at the end, those are simply my three favorite numbers [Yeah I'm an odd number type of guy don't @ me].

As you can tell, the history behind my username isn't too deep.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
My username is from Okami (Ookami if it's written expanded) the game plus the english translation of the Kanji for Fire in Japanese (火). On platforms that support it, I use the kanji. Nothing really deeper than that, I just think Amaterasu and the Japanese art style in that game is incredible.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Oof... the Dislike button's going to spike now on that stream. Dunno but, dang... Bakugan... really? :sadsheep:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Lol. Bakugan.

Okay then.
Remember we shouldn't be surprised. Wayforward has many times have made video games based off other franchises, and many of them are excellent and not just shovelware. The mummy demastered and batman brave and the mold, and even a Wendy Witch game back on the GBC

Last edited:

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Lol. Bakugan.

Okay then.
"Check out this game's deep battle mechanics! See? It's not for Paper Mario, but here's deep battle mechanics anyway! With! ... Bakugan."

Like damn, I don't mind PM:TOK existing at all (as long as we get a proper Mario RPG elsewhere), but that almost feels like a bit of a middle finger to anyone hoping for something more RPG-like.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
That was certainly not what I expected. I vaguely recall the series, so I would've never guess that. WayForward is certainly foreign to licenced games though.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Remember we shouldn't be surprised. Wayforward has many times have made video games based off other franchises, and many of them are excellent and not just shovelware. The mummy demastered and batman brave and the mold, and even a Wendy Witch game back on the GBC
Even then, there are good ones like Ducktales Remastered, and I know that fans wanted Darkwing Duck remastered

zferolie

Smash Hero
Even then, there are good ones like Ducktales Remastered, and I know that fans wanted Darkwing Duck remastered
Yeah should have mentioned duck tales too even of that was a remake. And yeah would have been. Nice to see something other then Bakugan as i have zero history with it. But it looks quite decent, and wayfoward is once again showing they can put effort into games others may just **** out crap for

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Yeah I knew it wasn't gonna be a new IP or a Nintendo IP or anything but... Bakugan of all things? I was expecting at least something more engaging than THAT.

God let's hope that 20th rumor is true. This is getting hysterical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom