• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Yeah I saw it. Holy cow it is quite a read and it mentions something I always had a hunch about since they started here with a Magolor avatar (Dont trust them!!)
EDIT: Not the trust thing, but WHERE they were getting their info.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bZuP2HNqohP1lIPiTIGr9_LP1-bqVTBBFSMwdZOij1A/edit?usp=drivesdk Here is the 145 page receipt. Figured those who do not leave this thread should absolutely read up on this.
As if no one else could come along to make the Smash community look worser in the public eye. I swear this community hasn't catched a break lately with all these sexual predators coming out of the bushes.

Heoj

Smash Ace
The problem with an upgraded geno mii is the fact that geno lives in a completely different ecosystem when you compare him to sans cuphead amd vault boy. Sans, cuphead and vault boy fans all celebrated them getting premium costumes but if geno were to get the same treatment us geno fans arent obviously going to be happy(except for papagenos i guess).
You really cant compare geno with the other 3 characters and i feel like ppl always do because they dont personally want geno so they try to fit geno right between the other premium costumes

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”. Well I’m going to start, the name QQS is the name I gave to a doll I still have since my childhood era. One of my favorite puppets from my kid era. The idea of using his name here it’s because the “doll” thing in Geno. One day I googled it and it was also the acronym of an album of a Latin Pop band called CNCO. Clearly it has nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence I discovered when I googled my own creation in the browser. That album called “QQS” is from 2019 and I gave that acronym to my beloved puppet back in 1998. Now I’m 30 years old recently turned on. One of the few old school persons that played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years old.

My QQS doll is actually a Duck.
waterhasataste means water has a taste

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”.
idk bro let me check my birth certificate

D

Deleted member

Just watched PapaGenos new video. The intro looks cleaner than ever. Also, what are y’all thoughts on Lara Croft?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”.
C and J are my first name and middle name initials; “TheCJBrine” is basically my own character persona inspired by Herobrine (the Minecraft creepypasta/community legend), except not evil and I also like connecting “brine” to its meaning of salt water, my character having the power to control it, among having some other powers but I’d probably turn this into a very long post if I actually explained my character in full.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Has anyone considered a possibility of Geno still being relegated to a Mii Fighter costume but more on the scale of Sans, Cuphead, and Vault Boy?
Does the pope **** in the woods?
But seriously. Our collective dissapointment would be unmeasurable and our days would be ruined if we get a Mii Costume again. No one roots for a mii costume.
waterhasataste means water has a taste
I´ve been accused of being some white supremacist one time because of the username, but Cloud is my favorite gaming character. In the old 1up forums, one of the suggestions was supergamer88. I being a lazy 14 year old *******, just put them both together.
---
I don´t mind most gaming characters but I at least want it to be from a big franchise with some history and story. Specially if it´s one of the now classic franchises.
Like take for example Fortnite, Minecraft, Call of Duty and Scribblenauts, Doom,Devil May Cry.
Are the former more well known and sold better than the latter? Do they have a big impact on the gaming industry?
Yes
But do the characters have iconic design and iconic story moments ?

COD has them, but the design of the major characters are pretty much random soldiers. Price would be the most well known. And his most defining features are his voice and moustache. Doomguy was also relatively generic, but his world wasn´t.

Minecraft has a game with story, but it´s a spin off. the iconography comes from the creativity of the players.
Doom had a massive and still has a creative fanbase because of the WAD´s.

Scribblenauts is the one character whose game is creative and the character has a story, but doesn´t scream smash from the old ones.
Fortnite has a story mode but it´s not the main focus, and suffer from the ¨Pixarization¨ of 3d character design( see 3d characters before 2010 and afterwards. Seriously, the new lupin 3d movie and the dragon quest have this style. And while not bad, it feels generic.)

I don´t want to crap on people that actually want Fortnite or COD characters in smash. But I certainly am not rooting for them. They don´t seem to fit

Minecraft is relatively different because there really is a generational gap between me and the players for the most part. The kids that began playing it in 2010 are now 20 year olds, and for some of them, it was their intro to gaming.

Devil May Cry is the one franchise that really screams for me that should be in Smash. Relatively well known franchise, there´s definitely iconic moments, like the top of the tower dmc3 fight against Virgil, the pizza fight from that game. Dante being a smart mouth. The character has survived both being replaced as a main character, twice and a reboot. There´s an inherent goofyness or cartoonishness to Devil May Cry that makes it seem like it belongs in Smash.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
The idea of Geno (and also other fan favorites like Sora and Isaac) being relegated to a costume instead of being fully playable like the fans want, always reminds me of this little "gem" from another fighting game where fans wanted a specific character to be playable...

... and interestingly enough, despite the fan demand for Mega Man X being met with a mere costume in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, X would go on to be playable in the next MVC game (say what you will about Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite, but X finally becoming playable was undeniably one of that game's highlights). Geno went through similar events with Smash 4, with fan demand during Brawl and Smash 4 being met with just a Mii Gunner costume. Maybe (and hopefully) Geno will end up with a fate similar to his fellow Blue Bomber?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Geno seems like such perfect Mii Costume Material. I keep dreading it.

I know all the reasoning about why hold the Smash 4 one back if it's only to get upgraded for the same price. But... it's Nintendo. They make strange decisions all the time. Geno seems in that valley between popular character but a big enough pain to not get fully playable. due to Square.

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”. Well I’m going to start, the name QQS is the name I gave to a doll I still have since my childhood era. One of my favorite puppets from my kid era. The idea of using his name here it’s because the “doll” thing in Geno. One day I googled it and it was also the acronym of an album of a Latin Pop band called CNCO. Clearly it has nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence I discovered when I googled my own creation in the browser. That album called “QQS” is from 2019 and I gave that acronym to my beloved puppet back in 1998. Now I’m 30 years old recently turned on. One of the few old school persons that played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years old.

My name constantly changes however it always has the beginning part always have "lagg"

Ex: laggy, lagg-o, laggg, laggalos, laggiuno, laggone, etc.

(however im keeping lagguino because that's my most favorite one)

Griselda

Smash Lord
Geno seems like such perfect Mii Costume Material. I keep dreading it.

I know all the reasoning about why hold the Smash 4 one back if it's only to get upgraded for the same price. But... it's Nintendo. They make strange decisions all the time. Geno seems in that valley between popular character but a big enough pain to not get fully playable. due to Square.
Square's been playing very well with Nintendo lately, so I doubt they'd outright refuse to allow Geno as a fighter or charge some ridiculous unfathomable amount that Sakurai' s wallet would cry and throw up at. This go around, I think that if anything weird happens behind the scenes, it's likely on Nintendo's end rather than Square.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Y'know, between Hero being a blatant DQXIS tie in, the Trials of Mana Spirit event coinciding with it's release, and now the Octopath Traveler 2nd anniversary Spirit event, Square Enix seems to have really latched on to Smash Ultimate as a promotional tool more than any other 3rd party publisher so far. Since Cloud was added in Smash Wii U/3DS first, he doesn't count.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think if given the two options of:
  1. Geno staying only a spirit with no other content Geno related being added at all.
  2. Geno being made a premium Mii Costume with an actual updated character model and Beware the Forest's Mushrooms or Fight Against an Armed Boss.
While I'd be sad that he didn't get added as a fully unique character, I'd obviously choose #2.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
Has anyone considered a possibility of Geno still being relegated to a Mii Fighter costume but more on the scale of Sans, Cuphead, and Vault Boy?
It's been discussed, I don't think its likely at all. The reason? So far (though "patterns" can be broken) the retuning Smash4 costumes have been returned as is and the "premium" costumes have been new ones. Can that change, maybe, I guess, but seems highly unlikely Geno, or any of the other "missing" Mii costumes will get the premium upgrade.

It's really two outcomes for Geno: Mii Costume or playable.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I'm personally sometimes worried that for Geno, it's all or nothing at this point. Either he'll be a full fighter and maybe he'll bring his old Mii costume with him, or he won't get anything else and it'll just be the base game spirit. That'd be dumb and a downgrade from Sm4sh, obviously, but it's a dumb worry in the first place I guess.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Y'know, between Hero being a blatant DQXIS tie in, the Trials of Mana Spirit event coinciding with it's release, and now the Octopath Traveler 2nd anniversary Spirit event, Square Enix seems to have really latched on to Smash Ultimate as a promotional tool more than any other 3rd party publisher so far. Since Cloud was added in Smash Wii U/3DS first, he doesn't count.
A promotional character, you say? Why, that's a very good point you make.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I think my mom said the same thing after giving birth to me.
How did she not know? It's pretty easy to recognize a fat man on ice.

My username honestly doesn't really mean anything. I used to use the username Reimerreason a lot because my last name is Reimer pronounced Rhyme-er so like "rhyme or reason" was basically my username, but no one got it and I didn't like having my last name in my usernames so I decided to come up with a new name I liked. Ancient ruins and stuff are really fascinating to me and I wanted something kind of ethereal sounding. I chose SpiritOfRuin because it just kind of sounds cool to me and the word ruin is kind of a double play referring either to ruins being spiritually charged places or a spirit that causes ruin which was a duality I really liked since they are very disparate concepts but both are also really cool. It's ironic that Geno is also a spirit and will bring about the ruin of detractors.

Yes. I realize you may be new here so I'm not going to give you a hard time, but this has been discussed ad nauseum and the consensus is that it makes less sense for Geno to come as an upgraded Mii than it does for his old Mii to return or for him to become a playable fighter. I'm sure someone can point you to some discussion points that show how we came to this conclusion, but I don't feel like digging around for it. To sum up some main points though: it would require resources to upgrade the costume opposed to porting it and whether or not you consider "premium" costumes to be full body costumes and/or costumes that come with music one thing that has been universal is that the "premium" costumes so far are all for characters that people were hyped to see in Smash at all because they weren't expected at all or thought of as realistic for playable characters and Geno does not fit that bill. Basically out of all the possibilities (1. Geno is a spirit and nothing else 2. Geno's Sm4sh Mii costume returns 3. Geno gets a new upgraded Mii costume or 4. Geno is playable) Geno getting an upgraded Mii costume has the least evidence and makes the least amount of sense. While I personally, would take a Mii costume over nothing and would certainly take a better one with music, not everyone sees it the same way and it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and obviously we are all here because we want Geno to be playable and not just a spirit and/or costume.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
A pr
I think if given the two options of:
  1. Geno staying only a spirit with no other content Geno related being added at all.
  2. Geno being made a premium Mii Costume with an actual updated character model and Beware the Forest's Mushrooms or Fight Against an Armed Boss.
While I'd be sad that he didn't get added as a fully unique character, I'd obviously choose #2.[/QUOTE

Geno being a premium costume doesn’t make sense no matter how you look at it.

sakurai’s tried getting Geno in the past and square have basically said no because they want someone more relevant and don’t want him in smash

if he gets a premium mii costume then it wouldn’t make sense because he’d basically be a playable character just without his own moves which just goes against the reason off why they don’t want him in smash.

I couldn’t word it well so if it makes no sense then my bad.

MattX20

Smash Hero
A promotional character, you say? Why, that's a very good point you make.

That, and the fact the last two spirit events with new spirits at all being Square related is especially eyebrow raising when you remember the Octopath event concludes 5 days before the rumored direct on the 20th

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Mii Costume (But Premium) would be just a waste cause it would only delay the inevitable. I can’t see the Geno fanbase next time being just like “Okay this is the game we give up and drop the decade-long support”, so a Mii Costume doesn’t really accomplish any goal of pushing Geno out of relevance cause he has such an unusual source of relevance that can’t be delayed out of existence.

Plus nobody would like it. Those who dislike Geno would probably dislike the little interview disclaimer where Sakurai will again be like “oh yeah he’s funky” (and the consequence that the Geno fanbase has fuel for another decade) and obviously fans would think it’s a waste too. There‘s just no winning in a Mii Costume in any capacity so I hope he just makes the jump to playable to cap off the poetic justices that Ridley, K. Rool and Banjo already have had. I’m still neutral on the character myself and my motivations for his inclusion are still very much oscillating between “its the only way to make em stop” and “these mad lads deserve their happy ending” but in that twisted way Geno might be one of my most wanted because he gives me something more than the utter ambivalence I’ve had since Daisy got in.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, they do bring up a good point; pretty much everything Square has added to Smash has been to directly promote something else:

-Cloud was shown off for Smash 4 in early November 2015. The first gameplay trailer of the Final Fantasy VII Remake was early December 2015.

-Sakurai himself admitted that he had to fight Square to get Cloud in, saying they wanted newer characters to promote newer games.

-Lots of rumors that Cloud was a pain to get for Ultimate. This could be why.

-The Geno Mii costume was added in December 2015. Super Mario RPG came out for the Wii U virtual console in January 2016.

-Hero promoted Dragon Quest XI S in September 2019.

-Hero's Mii costumes promoted the rereleases of Dragon Quest I-III in September 2019.

-The Trials of Mana spirits were released in April 2020 to commemorate the release of the game.

-The Octopath Traveler spirits are being released to commemorate the second anniversary of the game.

Soooooooo, by this logic, if Geno were, hypothetically speaking of course, to get into Smash, this makes the argument that Square agreed to it to act as prrrrrrromotionial material for "something", n'est pas?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well, they do bring up a good point; pretty much everything Square has added to Smash has been to directly promote something else:

-Cloud was shown off for Smash 4 in early November 2015. The first gameplay trailer of the Final Fantasy VII Remake was early December 2015.

-Sakurai himself admitted that he had to fight Square to get Cloud in, saying they wanted newer characters to promote newer games.

-The Geno Mii costume was added in December 2015. Super Mario RPG came out for the Wii U virtual console in January 2016.

-Hero's Mii costumes promoted the rereleases of Dragon Quest I-III in September 2019.

-The Trials of Mana spirits were released in April 2020 to commemorate the release of the game.

-The Octopath Traveler spirits are being released to commemorate the second anniversary of the game.

Soooooooo, by this logic, if Geno were, hypothetically speaking of course, to get into Smash, this makes the argument that Square agreed to it to act as prrrrrrromotionial material for "something", n'est pas?
SMRPG Switch Online, maybe? I think that lines up with the kind of impact the other promos listed have.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly at this rate, I take back what I said about how a September Direct sounded more likely. With Kelios's track record, as well as GameXplain reporting on the rumor and the fact we are getting a Nintendo Treehouse event which usually happens after Directs, then I think we could very well be in for a Direct for the 20.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John

To play with this thinking and assume it’s Geno, what promotion could it be? Is it more of an anniversary/“celebration” of sorts for Mario RPG that releases on Switch online? Maybe. But if it’s more of a promotion ... switch online is a paid service and how would Square profit from it? Do they get some kind of “usage” fee from Nintendo whenever someone plays Mario Rpg?

Unless ... could it be something else?

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
To play with this thinking and assume it’s Geno, what promotion could it be? Is it more of an anniversary/“celebration” of sorts for Mario RPG that releases on Switch online? Maybe. But if it’s more of a promotion ... switch online is a paid service and how would Square profit from it? Do they get some kind of “usage” fee from Nintendo whenever someone plays Mario Rpg?
I doubt it, I believe they just pay up front for licensing like Netflix. Games and Movies aren’t like music where there’s a ton of replay value to them so that model doesn’t seem to fit well. Also the switch online titles can be played offline so that would be loss of revenue from those who don’t reconnect back to the servers at any point.
There’s a chance it could work like that, but I’m thinking a Netflix model makes more sense than something like ITunes.

In regards to all this PR talk I definitely agree that Square likes to use smash as a billboard for their projects. I’d personally say Lara Croft only cuz increased sales in Japan would benefit her series in Japan, and she is a global icon when it comes to video game history.
I wouldn’t say the character is super recognizable, but the series itself definitely is.
Id love to see another smrpg game, just have my doubts on that though.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Not to throw a wrench into the potential promotion cue the Octopath Traveler spirit event may have as a tie-in to something Geno related but, there's that rumor that popped up yesterday in regards to a Tomb Raider collection of sorts possibly coming out for all systems.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
I sort of understand all the talk about SMRPG coming to NSO but if it's really an issue of money couldn't they just...release it on the eShop? Wasn't there a recent NSO addition that was already on the eShop and people were wondering why choose a game already on the eshop to add to NSO? I guess it might open the flood gates for other companies to want the same opportunity but I honestly don't see that stopping it from being a possibility. On top of that Geno doesn't necessarily have to promote anything SMRPG or Mario related. Sakurai could literally be like "yeah Square and Nintendo are such good buds now and there's many more SE games to look forward to coming to Switch so we decided to add Geno to commemorate this wonderful news".

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hey Geno bros, I'm baaaaaaaack.
I've wanted to return the moment Min Min was revealed as Challenger Pack 6.

I called it you know, since the reveal of Piranha Plant and Fighters Pass 1 in November 2018, I knew that if they were going to add a fighter from ARMS, it would be the one whose got the most potential.
A dragon arm that fires laser beams, and being the only ARMS participant who can actually kick.
Also Min Min being a fan favorite, and winning the Crash Bash invitational.

The "Spirits Deconfirm" fan rule was broken, to no one's surprise... or at least to anyone who dared to not limit themselves by arbitrary rules.
What does that tell us?
Well simply put, anyone, and I mean literally anyone, has a chance of being promoted.

But do keep in mind, just because Min Min broke that silly fan rule, doesn't mean everyone has an equal chance of being promoted.
Tatanga from Super Mario Land can be promoted, but he's only got a 0.00001% chance.
Compare that to someone like Kamek, or Birdo and there's quite the gap between them... but not really. Birdo is like 1%, and Kamek 1.2%.
Where do I get my statistics from ?
Take a guess...

That's right, common sense.
Nintendo wouldn't benefit by adding Tatanga, Kamek, or Birdo as DLC this late in the game as much as they would by adding a popular choice like Geno.

Like it or not Geno haters, he's got a chance, and a good one at that.
Super Mario RPG was included in the SNES Classic Mini over Final Fantasy II and Crono Trigger.
It jump-started a successful and beloved sub-series of games.
Paper Mario its spiritual successor, was at one point Super Mario RPG 2, and even the plot is centered around sentient star spirits, and their wish granting abilities.

But there's also Waluigi, and I'm Wah fan first and foremost.
Alright, (puts on tin foil hat), here we go.
We're currently in July, and Mario's 35th anniversary is in September.
July is the 7th month, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
Waluigi made his debut in Mario Tennis for the N64, Mario Tennis' japanese release date is 7/21.
Paper Mario is the spiritual successor to Super Mario RPG, the newest installment Paper Mario TOK is releasing on 7/17.
The Mario franchise is going to celebrate its 35th anniversary, Waluigi is spirit #35 in Smash Ultimate.
(Takes off tin foil hat) aaaaand done.

Also:
View attachment 277910
#7 Geno - Ex#1 Waluigi
#8 Crash - Ex#2 Dixie Kong
#9 Isaac - Ex#3 Rex and Pyra

What do you guys think?
This is my attempt at predicting DLC fighters 7, 8, 9 and their bonus companions due to Papa's recent findings(?), and FMOI's theories.

Honestly, It's good to be back, I know I said I'm going to retire from Smash speculation, but that mostly had to do with irl issues I was going through.
There's light at the end of the tunnel Geno bros, there's HOPE, for both Geno, and Waluigi.
Some of you have been chasing this dream for 20+ years now, so don't give up.
This is your time, your moment.
Glad to have you back! It always makes me genuinely sad when the folks who have been here a longer period of time leave either due to being worn out or otherwise. So I'm glad you're back! Especially because you and I are of the similar mindset of Geno and Waluigi being in Ultimate! I'm actually so confident in their chances that I bet $10 on Geno and $5 on Waluigi with my brother! (It isn't a bunch of money, but I'm more scrupulous with my money, so this is saying a lot). Geno I must admit I'm more confident in, but if an Assist Trophy promotion happens (which I believe has a a high possibility to occur), Waluigi is a shoe-in. Regardless, I'm glad you're back!

Unless ... could it be something else?
That's a good point. Personally, I didn't realize sooner that Square Enix does indeed rely on promotional things in Ultimate more than any other 3rd party company. So now that has been brought to my attention, I think Super Mario RPG coming to NSO is basically a lock at this point to be honest. Or... you know, maybe a Super Mario RPG remake or sequel? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

...ah shoot. I made a theory in the Geno SmashBoards thread. I think I attracted the haters like moths to a flame.

"GENO ISN'T IN! STOP THEORIZING FOR YOUR DEAD IRRELEVANT PUPPET THAT NO ONE ASKS FOR!"

*What Geno haters want from us whenever they decide to pop into the thread to tell everyone how Geno sucks
IMG_20200331_192737.jpg

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I mean they do have The Worlds End With You anime and Kingdom Hearts animated series coming up. So maybe (spitballing here) Square has two characters in this pass.

I sort of understand all the talk about SMRPG coming to NSO but if it's really an issue of money couldn't they just...release it on the eShop? Wasn't there a recent NSO addition that was already on the eShop and people were wondering why choose a game already on the eshop to add to NSO? I guess it might open the flood gates for other companies to want the same opportunity but I honestly don't see that stopping it from being a possibility. On top of that Geno doesn't necessarily have to promote anything SMRPG or Mario related. Sakurai could literally be like "yeah Square and Nintendo are such good buds now and there's many more SE games to look forward to coming to Switch so we decided to add Geno to commemorate this wonderful news".
I can´t for the life of me see SMRPG ending up on NSO no matter what the fate Geno has in Smash. This is Square we are talking about. If we get SMRPG on Switch, they will either re-sell it as a port or had a remake of it in the works for a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Not to throw a wrench into the potential promotion cue the Octopath Traveler spirit event may have as a tie-in to something Geno related but, there's that rumor that popped up yesterday in regards to a Tomb Raider collection of sorts possibly coming out for all systems.

There was a trademark before this leak. However, it’s possible that someone with excellent photoshopping skills made this leak then posting this on 4chan. There’s also the fact that so far, no sources are backing this up or said anything about a Lara Croft collection before this leak which doesn’t help.

Last edited by a moderator:

waterhasataste

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Geno being a premium costume makes a lot of sense based on Mii Costume Guy's leaked list

If we take his list as accurate, we already have Smithy and Mallow costumes coming. We also know based on the list, that Chococbo hat is also returning, and there's another mysterious Square costume coming. Getting a premium Geno Costume gives Mario RPG 3 costumes, which is honestly a lot, especially if the Square rep ends up being someone else. I would assume that the Square rep would get a couple of costumes related to the character. We know Square likes to release their content close together, so having a Mii Costume wave that has Geno, Smithy, Mallow, Chococbo, and an additional mysterious one, doesn't leave a lot of room to add more Costumes related to the Square rep

If Geno becomes the Square rep though, the Mii Wave becomes just Mallow, Smithy, Chococbo, and that mystery one which just fits a lot better. We get costumes related to the playable fighter plus costumes that are just bonuses from Square

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master

My user name is a portmanteau of the words "Fire" and "Fox". The "Fox" part because I used to main him when I played Melee. As for the "Fire" part?....I just kinda like fire.
:smileye:

That's the pyro in me. Plus the combination has a nice ring to it.

My username is MisterMike because I'm a guy who's name is Michael. :ohwell:
I would have laughed so hard if you'd been like, "My username is MisterMike because I'm a guy who's name is Bob."

MattX20

Smash Hero

My username is just my name, and the X20 has no real significance to it.

AugustusB

Smash Champion

My user name comes from a couple of instances.
Augustus = Birth Month (August) is the obvious. However, why I stuck with this one has to do with my middle name.

Years ago when I was a kid, I asked my best friend to guess my middle name. I gave him a hint that it starts with an A. Their first guess was "Augustus" This stuck with me for years that our group of friends really thought my middle name was Augustus.

Another time, was when I was at work and my buddy was telling me about his name (He was never given a middle name) and I asked them the same question. Their first guess....Augustus. So I HAD to use this name lol.

OH and the B is my first initial.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master

My username, GolisoPower, is based on the Pokemon Golisopod. I used a Golisopod in my playthrough of Pokemon Sun, and as I was playing through with it, I felt a sense of absolute power fighting with him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom