• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I wouldn't be surprised if the Wayfoward game will probably be a unrelated new IP that is nothing to write home about and people are just hyping themselves for dissapointment.

Well except maybe the horny artists. They seem to get a kick out of anything wayfoward-related.
Not sure if thats a backhanded insult to wayforward, but whatever.

The tweet specifically said a new third party property for wayforward. it is seemingly not an originaly property for them based on that.

I really do think its either a revival like they did for Ducktales(so another old NES game tied to a series), or something else tied to NES in some way, like Ninja giaden.

I know that 1 resetera user seemed to say no for that already, but we shall see.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
It's going to be Burger Time.

I called Peter Pepper so many times for Smash ...

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman
You know... Based on how they've worded it... It almost sounds like Wayforward is being allowed to use a Nintendo franchise... This could be exciting.
"Pinkie, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

"I think so Brain, but I personally prefer diet because normal cola give me heartburn."

Theguy123

Smash Lord
I really don’t see Nintendo adding a SHSW rep, King Boo, and Paper Mario for promotional picks. Pushing Fire Emblem is one thing, but Mario and Pokémon really don’t need Smash to promote a game. They are two highest grossing media and video game franchises of all time. These games always sell well. With that, Nintendo should be confident that the marketing team alone should make the games sell well. I mean, why not push the Astral Chain IP instead?
king boo technically ain’t a mario rep anymore. He’s a Luigi rep.

if he gets in then he’ll be a Luigi representation because he’s only been in mario spin offs and 1 mario game whereas he’s Luigi mansions main villain.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Man I am not going through this “guy on Resetera deconfirms a million things but won’t say what it is” stuff again
Reminds me of the dark ages (Sabi era) where we'd only get deconfirmations and never actual confirmations "it's not mike jones from star tropics btw join my discord!"

Griselda

Smash Lord
I can't wait for Geno to get in. Because then I can focus on him instead of everyone who's suddenly decided to be my enemy. Someone crosses me for no good reason? Too bad, Geno Time.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
Reminds me of the dark ages (Sabi era) where we'd only get deconfirmations and never actual confirmations "it's not mike jones from star tropics btw join my discord!"
¨It´s not X, Zero, Ryu¨hayabusa, pyramid Head, Mike wazowski, Mach Rider, Arle ..... ¨to infinity.
So, does this paper mario deconfirm a july direct?

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Something I just don't understand within the Smash community is the idea of gatekeeping. Like, I understand if you don't want a character, but god dang just let people dream. Its really not a hard concept. If people don't like Geno, that really is okay, but why do people need to write up long paragraphs as to why Geno will never happen?

Honestly, I cannot point at any possible character and say I DON'T want them, except for maybe a Fortnite character. Their are characters I hear in speculation that I have NO history with, but I would just be excited for the fans's sake. Ridley is a good example of this for me. Ridley wasn't a character I was necessarily rooting for to get included, but when it happened at E3 2018, I lost my mind because it was a character that I have heard numerous times would never get included even from Sakurai himself, and I could only imagine the hype Ridley fans were experiencing during that reveal. Ridley supporters have went to hell and back trying to get him included and I have mad respect for that. The point I am trying to make is, just let people be happy and even if a character you didn't really want gets included, at least show some compassion and congratulate the fans of that character who did get what they wanted. I just don't see what gatekeeping is gonna do when that isn't gonna lower a character's chances any less.

Full disclosure, I'm not saying you have to like every reveal. I was personally a tiny bit salty after Byleth was revealed, but I wasn't trashing the character or their fans, I congratulated the Byleth fans for getting their character, even if it was a choice I hard disagreed with.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I was actually talking with my wife earlier today, on the topic of gatekeeping in Smash, except this seems to extend elsewhere; They were in a conversation with other people in regards to Marx and the Kirby line of games, and whether he'll have another chance at being playable in another future Kirby title (something that wifey really wants, because they love Marx to pieces), to which they got immediately dogpiled by people who were insistent that 'Marx has only been in like two games, therefore he doesn't need to be/is not important enough to be playable' beyond Star Allies, and we were just kind of shaking our head that stuff like this even mattered to some people.

For some reason or another, a lot of people prefer to gatekeep because, I can only imagine, someone they don't like getting included means that someone they like had their spot stolen in some form or fashion, and I guess this is where they take offense. But, it's so silly, and it's a shame people can't just ease up and let others enjoy something, even if it's not quite their cuppa tea.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I got excited about the WayForward game. Thought ''Oh my god are they giving them the reigns to a Mario character?"

And then came here.

Poop.

Poop on a shingle.

Poop Branded Paper Towels.

Poop Flavored Soda.

Everything is poop.

Last edited:

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I got excited about the WayForward game. Thought ''Oh my god are they giving them the rains to a Mario character?"

And then came here.

Poop.

Poop on a shingle.

Poop Branded Paper Towels.

Poop Flavored Soda.

Everything is poop.
honestly, the fact that the American Dad gif signature capping off this post just befits the mood so well cracks me up so much inside.

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Man I am not going through this “guy on Resetera deconfirms a million things but won’t say what it is” stuff again
Thought ResetEra was trustworthy regarding this stuff due to the no bull**** policy regarding leaks (unless something changed)

Speaking of Sabi, anyone see the Google Doc regarding allegations?

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Speaking of Sabi, anyone see the Google Doc regarding allegations?
Yeah I saw it. Holy cow it is quite a read and it mentions something I always had a hunch about since they started here with a Magolor avatar (Dont trust them!!)
EDIT: Not the trust thing, but WHERE they were getting their info.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bZuP2HNqohP1lIPiTIGr9_LP1-bqVTBBFSMwdZOij1A/edit?usp=drivesdk Here is the 145 page receipt. Figured those who do not leave this thread should absolutely read up on this.

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
Okay, so.. I was going to post something like "I want a Culex Mii Hat/Outfit", but then I forgot his name and had to google 'Dark Knight of Vanda' to remember his name. ..Which then led me to search for 'Mario Culex' so I could remember if he would even work as a Mii Hat. I clicked the 'images' tab. I saw one that said 'Culex in Japanese', which caught my attention for some reason. I read through the translation of his original script in Japanese, and apparently the thing he says when he first sees Mario and Party (and the culmination of this rambling chain of events):

"You living ones before me… Why do you possess thickness?"

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Okay, so.. I was going to post something like "I want a Culex Mii Hat/Outfit", but then I forgot his name and had to google 'Dark Knight of Vanda' to remember his name. ..Which then led me to search for 'Mario Culex' so I could remember if he would even work as a Mii Hat. I clicked the 'images' tab. I saw one that said 'Culex in Japanese', which caught my attention for some reason. I read through the translation of his original script in Japanese, and apparently the thing he says when he first sees Mario and Party (and the culmination of this rambling chain of events):

"You living ones before me… Why do you possess thickness?"
To which the party answers...

"You can't handle this!!" then proceeds to shake their butts profusely at Culex. Then the battle starts.

Last edited:

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Pretty sure that I have a very good idea what the WayForward reveal is, and I am incredibly excited for it if true. I’m apparently like the only person that remembers this Tweet from over two years ago that perfectly lines up with everything hinted so far.

Series previously on Nintendo systems? Check, it was a huge launch on WiiWare.
“Complicated” franchise that is sort of a franchise of games but isn’t based on a game, movie or TV IP, and clarifying more would make it too easy? Check.
Hasn’t had a game in nearly a decade? Sort of check, the last full-fledged game in the IP released in 2008 but kept getting ported to different platforms into 2012.
Now, for the kicker, the “very happy to see Nintendo work with this guy again, albeit indirectly” quote. It just so happens that WayForward’s director once directly asked this, er, “guy” to work with them on a new entry in this exact franchise, and said, er, “person” favorited the tweet. And it just so happens that said franchise is supposed to finally have a long-awaited new release this year. I really think that this is what they have planned, so I’m spoiler-tagging it.

If this is really what it is, I am incredibly excited.

Last edited:

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure I have a very good idea what the WayForward reveal is, and I am incredibly excited for it if true. I’m apparently like the only person that remembers this Tweet from over two years ago that perfectly lines up with everything hinted so far.

Series previously on Nintendo systems? Check, it was a huge launch on WiiWare.
“Complicated” franchise that is sort of a franchise of games but isn’t based on a game, movie or TV IP, and clarifying more would make it too easy? Check.
Hasn’t had a game in nearly a decade? Sort of check, the last full-fledged game in the IP released in 2008 but kept getting ported to different platforms into 2012.
Now, for the kicker, the “very happy to see Nintendo work with this guy again, albeit indirectly” quote. It just so happens that WayForward’s director once directly asked this, er, “guy” to work with them on a new entry in this exact franchise, and said, er, “person” favorited the tweet. And it just so happens that said franchise is supposed to finally have a long-awaited new release this year. I really think that this is what they have planned, so I’m spoiler-tagging it.

If this is really what it is, I am incredibly excited.
Wasn't Level 10 supposed to come out last year? Whatever happened to that?

Could this... be Level 10?

QQS

Smash Lord
I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”. Well I’m going to start, the name QQS is the name I gave to a doll I still have since my childhood era. One of my favorite puppets from my kid era. The idea of using his name here it’s because the “doll” thing in Geno. One day I googled it and it was also the acronym of an album of a Latin Pop band called CNCO. Clearly it has nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence I discovered when I googled my own creation in the browser. That album called “QQS” is from 2019 and I gave that acronym to my beloved puppet back in 1998. Now I’m 30 years old recently turned on. One of the few old school persons that played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years old.

My QQS doll is actually a Duck.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I want to start another mini game for our Geno worldwide fanbase. Last time was: “where are you from”. Now it will be: “what is the meaning behind your username”. Well I’m going to start, the name QQS is the name I gave to a doll I still have since my childhood era. One of my favorite puppets from my kid era. The idea of using his name here it’s because the “doll” thing in Geno. One day I googled it and it was also the acronym of an album of a Latin Pop band called CNCO. Clearly it has nothing to do with it, it was just a coincidence I discovered when I googled my own creation in the browser. That album called “QQS” is from 2019 and I gave that acronym to my beloved puppet back in 1998. Now I’m 30 years old recently turned on. One of the few old school persons that played Mario RPG with 6 or 7 years old.

My username is MisterMike because I'm a guy who's name is Michael. :ohwell:

TX-55

Smash Journeyman
Hey Geno bros, I'm baaaaaaaack.
I've wanted to return the moment Min Min was revealed as Challenger Pack 6.

I called it you know, since the reveal of Piranha Plant and Fighters Pass 1 in November 2018, I knew that if they were going to add a fighter from ARMS, it would be the one whose got the most potential.
A dragon arm that fires laser beams, and being the only ARMS participant who can actually kick.
Also Min Min being a fan favorite, and winning the Crash Bash invitational.

The "Spirits Deconfirm" fan rule was broken, to no one's surprise... or at least to anyone who dared to not limit themselves by arbitrary rules.
What does that tell us?
Well simply put, anyone, and I mean literally anyone, has a chance of being promoted.

But do keep in mind, just because Min Min broke that silly fan rule, doesn't mean everyone has an equal chance of being promoted.
Tatanga from Super Mario Land can be promoted, but he's only got a 0.00001% chance.
Compare that to someone like Kamek, or Birdo and there's quite the gap between them... but not really. Birdo is like 1%, and Kamek 1.2%.
Where do I get my statistics from ?
Take a guess...

That's right, common sense.
Nintendo wouldn't benefit by adding Tatanga, Kamek, or Birdo as DLC this late in the game as much as they would by adding a popular choice like Geno.

Like it or not Geno haters, he's got a chance, and a good one at that.
Super Mario RPG was included in the SNES Classic Mini over Final Fantasy II and Crono Trigger.
It jump-started a successful and beloved sub-series of games.
Paper Mario its spiritual successor, was at one point Super Mario RPG 2, and even the plot is centered around sentient star spirits, and their wish granting abilities.

But there's also Waluigi, and I'm Wah fan first and foremost.
Alright, (puts on tin foil hat), here we go.
We're currently in July, and Mario's 35th anniversary is in September.
July is the 7th month, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars.
Waluigi made his debut in Mario Tennis for the N64, Mario Tennis' japanese release date is 7/21.
Paper Mario is the spiritual successor to Super Mario RPG, the newest installment Paper Mario TOK is releasing on 7/17.
The Mario franchise is going to celebrate its 35th anniversary, Waluigi is spirit #35 in Smash Ultimate.
(Takes off tin foil hat) aaaaand done.

Also:
smash-bros-fighters-pass-vol-2.png

#7 Geno - Ex#1 Waluigi
#8 Crash - Ex#2 Dixie Kong
#9 Isaac - Ex#3 Rex and Pyra

What do you guys think?
This is my attempt at predicting DLC fighters 7, 8, 9 and their bonus companions due to Papa's recent findings(?), and FMOI's theories.

Honestly, It's good to be back, I know I said I'm going to retire from Smash speculation, but that mostly had to do with irl issues I was going through.
There's light at the end of the tunnel Geno bros, there's HOPE, for both Geno, and Waluigi.
Some of you have been chasing this dream for 20+ years now, so don't give up.
This is your time, your moment.

Griselda

Smash Lord

Griselda is the name that 'Zelda' is traditionally a nickname for.

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
Has anyone considered a possibility of Geno still being relegated to a Mii Fighter costume but more on the scale of Sans, Cuphead, and Vault Boy?

RingJ5

Smash Ace
Wasn't Level 10 supposed to come out last year? Whatever happened to that?

Could this... be Level 10?
It was delayed to this year and no one’s heard anything about it since, quite suspicious for what was supposed to be a single level of a Flash-based Mega Man clone.

With Flash on its way out, some kind of rerelease is likely, and it’s not just the Tweet that makes me think WayForward is involved, it’s the following exchange from the “insider”:

My question is if this game involves a third party GAME franchise or third party franchise in general. I want to know if this is a videogame franchise or a licensed tie-in to a media franchise that hasn't had games in over a decade.
This I won't answer because it's complicated in a way that would maybe spoil it for people.
The “complication” could very well be that
Stinkoman
is specifically a game franchise of... one game and possibly now two, while the main IP is not besides its WiiWare game. And he’s directly said that it isn’t a game, movie or TV IP.

Either that or it’s something like Sam and Max, which I would also be excited for but doesn’t match at all with the whole “Nintendo working with this guy again” thing or WayForward’s gameplay style in general.

To get slightly back on topic, “Level 10” of this being announced in the same month as Geno getting into Smash would be incredibly amazing for me, an absolute wave of nostalgia.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Has anyone considered a possibility of Geno still being relegated to a Mii Fighter costume but more on the scale of Sans, Cuphead, and Vault Boy?
Before anyone else hops onto this post, I shall reply:

Yes, that particular idea has been discussed before. But I'm sure you understand that we're not here to show support for the character we want to appear as a costume.

We don't want the costume, we don't support the costume, and no one here really wants that over Geno as a fighter.

Also, the odds of him getting in as an upgraded costume is actually really unlikely compared to him getting in as the same costume from Sm4sh. So, we're really not concerned with it.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Nope, not at all. Not a single person in this thread has considered that whatsoever. In fact, I believe you're the first one to bring up this possibility to us.

Griselda

Smash Lord
Also, the odds of him getting in as an upgraded costume is actually really unlikely compared to him getting in as the same costume from Sm4sh. So, we're really not concerned with it.
Yeah, this was basically gonna be my own reply. Notice that all of the supposed 'premium' Mii costumes that fully enclose the Mii (and therefore look more passable as 'the real thing') are all original, rather than 'upgrades' to pre-existing Mii costumes? It's likely that they'd consider updating a Mii costume to that extent as a waste of time/money/resources when they could literally just port the one they already have and sell it for the same amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom