• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we did end up getting a third Pass. I'm not expecting it by any means, but Sakurai is a madman and always goes the extra mile. Everytime we think he will stop and take a break, he just keeps on going forward.
Not to mention, the Switch is still early in its lifetime in a way. With that, I can see Nintendo making Sakurai do another DLC pack when Super Smash Bros. Ultimate and the Switch are still young.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
IIRC, the game crashes if you want to add more than 91 slots at CSS (that would be 90 fighters + Random), so after FP2, they can add 4 more fighters if they want to. With that, you can have a perfect rectangle of 7 rows x 13 columns, with the original 12 (+ Dark Samus) at the top row.

If you stacked echo fighters (and Mii Fighters remain unstacked) you can have another perfect rectangle of 7 rows x 12 columns.
I half expect there to be 4 echo fighters after FP2

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Really? Echo's? Didnt they say it takes a long time to make echos? Why wouldnt they put that effort into a new character entirely.
It just seemed like it was going to be this whole big deal when they previewed the game at that first E3 and then they added exactly 2 more. They obviously take less time and would serve a strictly fanservice purpose

pinshadow

Smash Lord
It just seemed like it was going to be this whole big deal when they previewed the game at that first E3 and then they added exactly 2 more. They obviously take less time and would serve a strictly fanservice purpose
First off they added 4 more and secondly wasn't the whole thing that Echoes really DIDN'T take much time? I mean in Smash 4 they just decided to turn Dark Pit, Lucina, and Dr.Mario from costumes to characters on a whim last minute and it was them or nothing. They clearly take far less effort than new characters, especially with how out there/gimmicky Sakurai seems to be getting.

QQS

Smash Lord
My friends, my Geno doll is ready on my 30 years birthday (4th July). Best wishes from Chile and enjoy this masterpiece. Can’t believe it’s been a lot of time since I first played his game back in the good old days in 1996. The love remains intact. Geno is pure love.

F89B7E36-A948-450D-943A-4C2DFAFC85ED.jpeg

32932C9A-89FA-46E0-A42B-C4536C77B444.jpeg

153BD1C8-5FE8-4D96-86D6-95318765A64D.jpeg

ED6DFAF8-2295-414B-AB97-A7D106E1A09F.jpeg

D29871C4-B000-498A-9605-0DE09CE7936A.jpeg

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos TerminalMontage TerminalMontage

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
My friends, my Geno doll is ready on my 30 years birthday (4th July). Best wishes from Chile and enjoy this masterpiece. Can’t believe it’s been a lot of time since I first played his game back in the good old days in 1996. The love remains intact. Geno is pure love.

View attachment 277331
View attachment 277332
View attachment 277334
View attachment 277335
View attachment 277336

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

I would wish you a good birthday but I already did it

MisterMike

Smash Champion

View attachment 277331
View attachment 277332
View attachment 277334
View attachment 277335
View attachment 277336

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

Well that's wonderful! Have a good rest of your Birthday, mate!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

View attachment 277331
View attachment 277332
View attachment 277334
View attachment 277335
View attachment 277336

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

Happy birthday, QQS! Man, you're almost as old as I am!

MarcelinoBros92

Smash Rookie

View attachment 277331
View attachment 277332
View attachment 277334
View attachment 277335
View attachment 277336

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

Happy B-DAY!! <3 I love it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

View attachment 277331
View attachment 277332
View attachment 277334
View attachment 277335
View attachment 277336

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

Happy birthday!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, I decided to finally do that easter egg concerning the Snifits and Booster's Pass. Took forever for him to whittle down my HP, especially when he ran out of flower points. But I got all seven Snifits. Shame for number 8, though. I like these added details in games. Who would have thought that they added this event, and then further events after that? You'd think that you get Snifit 4 and that would be it. Who would think to return there to find others? Or that you can lose the battle on purpose?

AugustusB

Smash Champion

View attachment 277331
View attachment 277332
View attachment 277334
View attachment 277335
View attachment 277336

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

Happy Birthday QQS! May your day be an awesome one!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just based on how things have gone this year, I don't think we're getting a presentation on Tuesday. As amazing as it would be to have 7/7 be the end of the worst Nintendo drought in recent history and the worst year in recent human history, the big presentations this year have been predominantly on Wednesday and Thursdays. Maybe if we're lucky something we'll get an announcement of an announcement on Monday or Tuesday but I doubt the actual Direct.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Just based on how things have gone this year, I don't think we're getting a presentation on Tuesday. As amazing as it would be to have 7/7 be the end of the worst Nintendo drought in recent history and the worst year in recent human history, the big presentations this year have been predominantly on Wednesday and Thursdays. Maybe if we're lucky something we'll get an announcement of an announcement on Monday or Tuesday but I doubt the actual Direct.
I agree with this and fully expect every single outsider to say GENO BTFO and tell us how that means he definitely isn’t in now

We say it a lot, but Nintendo really doesn’t give a **** about dates. It’s way too hard to develop something like a smash character and plan their reveal for a specific date, especially in the hell of 2020. I can’t imagine them being so sure that they can release a video on any certain day this year that sakurai would make that a talking point in his showcase video

7/7 is more a “wow that’d be way too perfect and cool if they did that” talking point than a gurantee that they’ll actually do anything like that ever.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
The Nsfw account called 4 Dates: June 12th, there was PM trailer, June 19th, That day they reveal the date of Mr Sakurai Presents MinMin an arms fighter, July 6th and July 14th.So now with your point my theory is that in the 6th we are getting the announcement of Either a smash presentation with CP7 and CP8, a Nintendo Direct (Either Normal or Mini) or a Mario Direct

Griselda

Smash Lord
It's certainly not a guarantee of any sort, especially since Nintendo doesn't care much about dates, but that would be the problem with the idea, not that it would be difficult to plan a reveal on a specific date. The way I'm looking at it isn't that they would've started Geno's development back in whenever and said "Okay, let's make sure to keep on schedule so he can come out on 7/7" but rather that, say, a month ago they finished his development and said "Okay, Geno's done and we're working on Isaac, so let's go ahead and drop Geno. What's a good date for next month? 7/7 would be cute."

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Honestly, if we are in for a July Direct, which could very well be possible given insiders are suggesting their will be one, my guess is that it will probably be later in the month. I just hope Geno is revealed as CP7, Fighter #77, and on the seventh month of the year. That would be such a missed opportunity NOT to do.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Don't think so. I remember some tweet from someone saying that if they were to add more than a certain amount of characters, possibly after the second fighters pass, the game would crash.
IIRC, the game crashes if you want to add more than 91 slots at CSS (that would be 90 fighters + Random), so after FP2, they can add 4 more fighters if they want to. With that, you can have a perfect rectangle of 7 rows x 13 columns, with the original 12 (+ Dark Samus) at the top row.

If you stacked echo fighters (and Mii Fighters remain unstacked) you can have another perfect rectangle of 7 rows x 12 columns.
I mean, Sakurai and co could add more memory to the game so when adding over the character limit it doesn't crash right?

I don't expect it, but if that's the case than:

Medusa/:ultpalutena:
Metal Sonic/:ultsonic:
Boshi/:ultyoshi:
Funky Kong/:ultdk:

For me.

Happy belated birthday QQS QQS !

Last edited:

Griselda

Smash Lord
I mean, Sakurai and co could add more memory to the game so when adding over the character limit it doesn't crash right?

For me.

Happy belated birthday QQS QQS !
I'd personally swap Metal for Shadow, since Metal isn't really known for curling up into a ball all that often, which is 98% of Sonic's Smash moveset. ..Speaking of Echoes, is there anyone who could possibly echo Geno? I don't think so.

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Same, especially since people have been so vocal on how they wished echoes were handled better. I think they'd pull a Ken for additional echoes, in the sense that there's lots of changes to make them stand as its own character, which you can see with my predictions below.

For me.

For me, it's...

Dixie Kong - :ultdiddy: - Add Peach float with propeller ponytail and new throws.

Gooigi - :ultluigi:- Mostly the same, with changes to jump height and movement speed.

Octoling - :ultinkling: - Mostly the same. My memory of Splatoon's mechanics is really hazy so I can't think of what would be different off the top of my head.

Rock Howard - :ult_terry: - Easily the most drastic change from Terry. There are a lot of changes that I don't think I could cover all of in a single post.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Same, especially since people have been so vocal on how they wished echoes were handled better. I think they'd pull a Ken for additional echoes, in the sense that there's lots of changes to make them stand as its own character, which you can see with my predictions below.

For me, it's...

Dixie Kong - :ultdiddy: - Add Peach float with propeller ponytail and new throws.

Gooigi - :ultluigi:- Mostly the same, with changes to jump height and movement speed.

Shadow - :ultsonic: Change Up-B to Chaos Control, similar charge time to Zelda's teleport.

Rock Howard - :ult_terry: - Easily the most drastic change from Terry. There are a lot of changes that I don't think I could cover all of in a single post.
It's completely unfair for Dixie to get an echo at this point, rather have them be unique. I'll take the other three thiugh if it's the only chance of Shadow getting in.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

View attachment 277331
View attachment 277332
View attachment 277334
View attachment 277335
View attachment 277336

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

Happy birthday! May Geno grant your wishes

QQS

Smash Lord
Sorry if I didn’t answer all the birthday wishes one by one. Thanks to everyone and let’s hope to see Geno in Smash soon :) I’m hoping for a July reveal and a September download!

ZerBerry

Smash Cadet
happy birthday QQS QQS your present is going to be geno in smash... i mean it's also going to be OUR present (insert communist devilish smile here)

i have a question : do you think they will use sfx from smrpg for geno's moveset ? it better be the case or else it won't be special. idk why but i really enjoy the sfx from the game especially the attacks
i'm still not very sure : look at cloud who only got 2 sound effects from ff7. geno without smrpg sound effects would feel so weird and cursed af!
do you think they will go even further and give him voice acting ?

link2702

Smash Champion
not holding my breath for a direct announcment tomorrow for tuesday since minmin just released, but here's hoping...

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Talking about echos we'd like to see? How about:

Lyn echo of Marth
Eliwood echo of Marth
Generic FE soldier echo of Marth
And...Krystal echo of Palutena...I mean Lucina:ultpacman:

No but really:
Shadow echo of Sonic
Dixie echo of Diddy (better than not having her at all imo plus they could implement some key changes)
Birdo echo of Yoshi (with better side special and probably more emphasis on projectiles)
Ms Pacman echo of Pacman

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Talking about echos we'd like to see? How about:

Lyn echo of Marth
Eliwood echo of Marth
Generic FE soldier echo of Marth
And...Krystal echo of Palutena...I mean Lucina:ultpacman:

No but really:
Shadow echo of Sonic
Dixie echo of Diddy (better than not having her at all imo plus they could implement some key changes)
Birdo echo of Yoshi (with better side special and probably more emphasis on projectiles)
Ms Pacman echo of Pacman
nice list. Only problem I see though is shadow.

Dunno why people expect him as a echo. Every game he’s been in SEGA have used the majority off moves like chaos spear and chaos blast etc either in cutscenes or in actual gameplay. They’ve been faithful to him and I’m pretty sure that if they were to place him as an echo in smash they’d know they’d been doing him dirty.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
happy birthday QQS QQS your present is going to be geno in smash... i mean it's also going to be OUR present (insert communist devilish smile here)

i have a question : do you think they will use sfx from smrpg for geno's moveset ? it better be the case or else it won't be special. idk why but i really enjoy the sfx from the game especially the attacks
i'm still not very sure : look at cloud who only got 2 sound effects from ff7. geno without smrpg sound effects would feel so weird and cursed af!
do you think they will go even further and give him voice acting ?
Geno? More like... We-no.

communist_bugs_bunny-1280x533.jpg

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

View attachment 277331
View attachment 277332
View attachment 277334
View attachment 277335
View attachment 277336

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

GENO AIMS FOR SMASH!

Happy Late Birthday!

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Guess nothing is happening on the 6th afterall.
Could be announced tomorrow or even shadow dropped like the paper mario trailer. Wouldn’t expect anything to be announced today because it’s a Sunday. I also don’t think anything will happen though on the 7nth.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'd personally swap Metal for Shadow, since Metal isn't really known for curling up into a ball all that often, which is 98% of Sonic's Smash moveset. ..Speaking of Echoes, is there anyone who could possibly echo Geno? I don't think so.
It would literally be impossible to make up a Echo for Geno.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I wasn't expecting a Direct announcement this week or tomorrow on my 30th birthday. We still have at least 3 more weeks to go before July is a bust for any potential news so don't be too discouraged right now

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
markomaro just posted some more possible hints of Nintendo's upcoming plans.

20200705_111521.jpg

20200705_111531.jpg

20200705_112557.jpg

Also some potentially bad news in regards to what we've been speculating...

20200705_112610.jpg

Is this guy actually credible? Apologies if we've talked about this before, but as with any supposed "insider/leaker", I see debates on the legitimacy of this guy. Fatmanonice Fatmanonice , you have some inside scoops and seem to have a good ear to the pulse, whaddya say, do you think this guy has any merit?

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom