• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
We could use some good news about now. EVO Online just got cancelled amidst the ****storm that's been creeping it's head the past hours (almost day or so). This really makes you sit down for a moment. At first, due to the global pandemic, many events worldwide got cancelled, and among them of course E3 2020, EVO 2020, among others. In regards to EVO however, they had planned out to hold EVO Online next month I believe. Now, there won't even be an EVO Online. Don't get it twisted tho, it was a wise call from the administrators to call it off after this whirlpool of **** started spreading. It's both surreal and at the same time disheartening. **** it, the disappointment is palpable and I can't even imagine the people that are active within the community, as well as those involved.

Geno, I wish you could come on down and join the Smash Bros. Ultimate roster soon, as well as bring along other good friends many have been waiting for. Please come soon, and bring us a bit of light amidst these clouded days. Bring the inspiration for the righteous to lead the way and help order be restored once again.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
For those who don't get what @Geno Boost was sharing:
In Min Min's trailer, at the 2:18 mark, there's a section that shows Min Min and three other fighters duking it out. The other fighters are Banjo & Kazooie, Terry and Mega Man. Mega Man is the odd man out in this group, as the other three are DLC fighters and he is not. The post is suggesting that this is a hint towards Geno, because both he and Mega Man are blue guys who shoot energy out of their limbs.
The post further follows up with another theory. Mega Man was in Joker's shadowdrop trailer at around the 1:20 mark, and Mega Man appears in Min Min's trailer at almost exactly one minute past that.
Joker opened up Fighters Pass 1 and was followed up with Hero, so by that logic Min Min's trailer will follow up with Geno.

Basically, it's a crazy conspiracy theory.
A stretch so large that even min min doesn't have that range. All I know is this, if Nintendo has a perfect chance to do something,they won't.

---
About the Fgc/smash metoo thing. I'm not surprised in the slightest. All fandom and gaming communities have these kinds of people. I know of one case in my community where it took ten years for the victims to speak out.
It will get better.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We could use some good news about now. EVO Online just got cancelled amidst the ****storm that's been creeping it's head the past hours (almost day or so). This really makes you sit down for a moment. At first, due to the global pandemic, many events worldwide got cancelled, and among them of course E3 2020, EVO 2020, among others. In regards to EVO however, they had planned out to hold EVO Online next month I believe. Now, there won't even be an EVO Online. Don't get it twisted tho, it was a wise call from the administrators to call it off after this whirlpool of **** started spreading. It's both surreal and at the same time disheartening. **** it, the disappointment is palpable and I can't even imagine the people that are active within the community, as well as those involved.

Geno, I wish you could come on down and join the Smash Bros. Ultimate roster soon, as well as bring along other good friends many have been waiting for. Please come soon, and bring us a bit of light amidst these clouded days. Bring the inspiration for the righteous to lead the way and help order be restored once again.
EVO Online was actually going to start this Saturday, though it was planned to have it run on the weekends for the next five weeks or so. Obviously, that's not happening now, and based on what little I've heard, that's for the best. The FGC needs time to air out these grievances and put measures in place to prevent all of this from happening again.

MattX20

Smash Hero
EVO Online was actually going to start this Saturday, though it was planned to have it run on the weekends for the next five weeks or so. Obviously, that's not happening now, and based on what little I've heard, it's likely for the best. The FGC needs time to air out these grievances and put measures in place to prevent all of this from happening again.
That's what quite a few FGC/EVO players are saying too, so it's not a majority of the playerbase, just a few bad apples that need to be taken out.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

Honestly for me, Crash Or Geno getting included in Smash would make what is otherwise an absolute s***** year much better. I'm seriously hoping one of, or both, can appear to bring light during this dark time.

MooseSmuggler

Linkle Linkle Little Star
NNID
MooseSmuggler
3DS FC
3368-1611-2687
Honestly for me, Crash Or Geno getting included in Smash would make what is otherwise an absolute s***** year much better. I'm seriously hoping one of, or both, can appear to bring light during this dark time.
My partner and I were saying that'd actually be a good double-reveal, Geno and Crash. And if Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is correct and FP7 and FP8 were intended to be an E3 reveal delayed by COVID, then I'd think those two would have rocked E3 lol

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
My partner and I were saying that'd actually be a good double-reveal, Geno and Crash. And if Fatmanonice Fatmanonice is correct and FP7 and FP8 were intended to be an E3 reveal delayed by COVID, then I'd think those two would have rocked E3 lol
Oh god imagine my hype if two of my most wanted characters got revealed on the same day lol I think my mind would explode.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
Yeah same here. I feel like him and Geno would be the only characters to really make this game feel Ultimate.
I think the same. Enigma735 Enigma735 and I share the same passions and ideas about Geno and Smash in general. I feel that the only 100% must to call this Smash: “Ultimate”, are Geno and Crash. Geno for the insane internal fan demand (like Ridley, KKR and Banjo); and Crash for the n’sane mascot and world icon he is.

Of course you can say that Isaac, Sora, Rayman, Lloyd and a few others also belong there. But let me say that Geno and Crash, at this point and after all, are on the top of the hill. And if you ask me, Geno (probably as #77) and Crash (probably as #78) are happening 100%. Not necessarily with those #, but happening yes or yes in this FP2. If you ask me, I repeat.

Best wishes and have a good weekend! Saturday I turn 30 years so feel free to Hi me hahaha :)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That was totally awesome, the name of the trailer, the idea,the connection between SMRPG and Super Mario Galaxy, Villager referencing Gaz, the signature for the Smash fans acknowledging the fact that Geno is practically the last character requested since Brawl
Geno is certainly the biggest missing Brawl request still not in yet. But you're also forgetting:

Isaac
Krystal
Bomberman
Skull Kid
Lloyd Irving

The Brawl request void won't be filled in my eyes until we get all of them especially the first 3.

Heoj

Smash Ace
This july 6/7th stuff is making way too much sense, i mean theres credible rumors going around now that theres gonna be a july direct, then theres the geno connections with all the sevens as well as the star festival, and it being on a tuesday. Like it all makes way too much sense but thats exactly why i dont think anythings gonna happen, i mean yeh sure it is absolutely perfect but thats exactly why Nintendo is obviously going to skip it.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
:ultinklingboy::ultwendy::ultwiifittrainerm:
This july 6/7th stuff is making way too much sense, i mean theres credible rumors going around now that theres gonna be a july direct, then theres the geno connections with all the sevens as well as the star festival, and it being on a tuesday. Like it all makes way too much sense but thats exactly why i dont think anythings gonna happen, i mean yeh sure it is absolutely perfect but thats exactly why Nintendo is obviously going to skip it.
I haven´t seen sh!"# that would count as credible. There´s a random tweet account from like a camgirl and some other dude trying to will it into existance.

Staarih

Smash Master
This reminds me of how people were anticipating the ARMS reveal to happen on ARMS’ anniversary because ”it just makes sense”, and I think there was some random ”leak” or rumor tied to that as well. And that didn’t happen. So I wouldn’t look into the whole number 7 and star festival thing too much, even if it would be sort of cool haha.

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Sorry for the late answer but I had some family stuff I had to fix that luckily ended up well.

B) If FP#2 follows any of the conventions of FP#1, then Geno would be considered the hail mary fan pick, akin to B-K. I doubt that Nintendo would save that for last since they are infamous for going out on a dud. Even if they broke the mold and went out on a complete ball-buster, I would think someone like Master Chief or Doomslayer would fit that slot better.
They open up with Arms instead of another Joker. They are clearly not going in the same direction at the previous one. Granted, they could always end with a new IP that no one really heard of, but I doubt Nintendo would not go so low. At worst its another Corrin (aka game that has yet to come out from an already existing franchise)

B) If FP#2 follows any of the conventions of FP#1, then Geno would be considered the hail mary fan pick, akin to B-K. I doubt that Nintendo would save that for last since they are infamous for going out on a dud. Even if they broke the mold and went out on a complete ball-buster, I would think someone like Master Chief or Doomslayer would fit that slot better.
See my former comment

C) Simple statistics. Every slot that isn't Geno can only hurt his chances at worst or keep them the same at best. For example, if the next 4 characters are Gen 8 Pokerep, Rex, Lloyd and Dixie (hypothetically of course), that would mean that Geno is competing against Shantae, Rayman, Crash, Doomslayer, Dante, etc. etc. etc. and the entire cast of SE for the last spot. Not very good odds all things considered. Granted, this heavily depends on whatever patterns, if any, FP#2 gives us. For example, if the first 5 reveals are all first-party, Geno's chances will be pretty dismal. If at least one is Third-party, his chances remain relatively unchanged. If one of them ends up as another SE character and his costume STILL doesn't show up, then either he's in for sure or doesn't get in at all. In short, there are a lot of variables still to consider, but the longer we go without Geno, the more cynical our chances are going to look.
We got 4 third party and one first party. The statistic is not worth looking at when it comes to Smash. People said that stuff indicated that Doom Guy, Dante (especially him for some weird reason) or Dovhakin... If I missed someone, then please let me now. And look at what happened. We got Byleth.

If we really looked down to the nit and gritty, you could probably see as many arguments of why Shante is getting in, or Rayman is getting in or Doomguy is getting in (and the list goes on)... The statistic does not matter.

This reminds me of how people were anticipating the ARMS reveal to happen on ARMS’ anniversary because ”it just makes sense”, and I think there was some random ”leak” or rumor tied to that as well. And that didn’t happen. So I wouldn’t look into the whole number 7 and star festival thing too much, even if it would be sort of cool haha.
THANK YOU

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
A lot to think about this morning. The D1 allegations especially hurt because, like I showed the other day, he's been a Geno fan since 2006 and probably the most famous Geno fan in the Smash competitive community. I keep thinking "oh, maybe I should retire after Smash Ultimate DLC" but maybe I should stay in because of stuff like this. I've been in this community for a billion years and, even though I'm disgustingly old, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to have older men to act as guidance and role models just like actual professional sports.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
A bit lengthy but, here's some discussion regarding the Nintendo Direct Rumors featuring Jeff Grub himself.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A lot to think about this morning. The D1 allegations especially hurt because, like I showed the other day, he's been a Geno fan since 2006 and probably the most famous Geno fan in the Smash competitive community. I keep thinking "oh, maybe I should retire after Smash Ultimate DLC" but maybe I should stay in because of stuff like this. I've been in this community for a billion years and, even though I'm disgustingly old, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing to have older men to act as guidance and role models just like actual professional sports.
So Fatman, what do you plan to do on here next after Geno get's in if you intend to stay?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Fatman, what do you plan to do on here next after Geno get's in if you intend to stay?
I don't really know... I'm probably going to get a lot of "Notorious leaker Fatman O'Nice creates children fight clubs" by saying this but lingering idea I've wanted to look into is Smash "Little League." I dunno. I was pretty competitively involved in Smash 4 and one thing I didn't like seeing was kids and preteens coming to tournaments with a bunch of college kids and adults and get smeared in their first round. Just sort of something that new players can get into, learn good competitive mentalities, and have fun while older players can act as coaches. I don't know how practical something like that would be but I feel like it's something that's needed.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We got 4 third party and one first party. The statistic is not worth looking at when it comes to Smash. People said that stuff indicated that Doom Guy, Dante (especially him for some weird reason) or Dovhakin... If I missed someone, then please let me now. And look at what happened. We got Byleth.
To clarify, people thought that Dante would be the fifth character in the Fighters Pass because of this Tweet, which said that there would be extra announcements relating to the Devil May Cry 3 Switch port on January 16th, January 30th, and February 13th. The Sakurai Presents video was announced to be airing on January 16th, so people thought that it wasn't a coincidence, and that this Devil May Cry Switch announcement was a tease towards Dante being revealed in Smash.

As it turned out, the DMC announcement was for a special feature being added to the Switch port of DMC3 (Style Switching on the fly, something that DMC4 and 5 had but DMC3 didn't), and the Smash announcement was completely unrelated. I feel like there's a lesson that speculators like us can all learn from this.

Last edited:

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know... I'm probably going to get a lot of "Notorious leaker Fatman O'Nice creates children fight clubs" by saying this but lingering idea I've wanted to look into is Smash "Little League." I dunno. I was pretty competitively involved in Smash 4 and one thing I didn't like seeing was kids and preteens coming to tournaments with a bunch of college kids and adults and get smeared in their first round. Just sort of something that new players can get into, learn good competitive mentalities, and have fun while older players can act as coaches. I don't know how practical something like that would be but I feel like it's something that's needed.
*cue Incredible Hulk theme tune*

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If PushDustin is saying this guy's legit, then it seems we might be getting a July direct/presentation after all. We might see FP7 revealed in a matter of weeks
July 31st at 10PM: Nintendo announces a news release that will happen at some point in the near and far future possibly maybe.

Nintendo: 'Fans like it when we are pointlessly coy and secretive, right?'

Theguy123

Smash Lord
If PushDustin is saying this guy's legit, then it seems we might be getting a July direct/presentation after all. We might see FP7 revealed in a matter of weeks
didn’t Nintendo just recently come out and say they’re not doing directs and don’t plan on doing one any time soon. I dunno why people still believe one is gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom