• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
Now, the question becomes this: when in July to expect the rumored direct? That's going to be the main question to ask starting on Monday next week.
Considering how rumors started to pick up at the end of this week, I think we will know something about it soon enough. At the latest, I'm expecting it before Xbox's presentation, on the 16th. My bet is still the 14th since I don't remember any Directs happening on Japan Holidays, though these coincidences with the Number 7 are the opportunity of the century for them. I also don't think it's going to be shadowdropped, because if it was, they would've released the trailers already. Plus, they want to make Mario's 35th anniversary a big event. A shadowdrop Direct isn't that: it's more of a surprise party where you didn't invite anyone and only find about it after it was already over. It needs buildup and Nintendo knows that. That's also why I think we will know one week before it happens, just like how Sony did with the PS5 (though it was delayed because of the protests). I'm guessing July 6th as the announcement because that Twitter knows too much about Nintendo's social media (knows the times of announcements, but not what they are), but we'll see. At the very least, Monday will give us a good outlook on how this will pan out.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Hmm, the Switch DOOM Eternal release date announcement is imminent, just as rumors of a July Nintendo Direct intensify? Not that both would coincide but, if seen as subsequent events... #cacomallowisreal :2gud: Also, I'ma bank on the following predictions.

• CP7 = Geno
  • CP8 = Crash Bandicoot
  • CP9 = Doom Slayer
Predictions for CP10 and 11 right now are a bit rough.

Andwooooo

Smash Journeyman
10 and 11 can be Ryu Hayabasa and Lloyd Irving. Or Rex and/or Pyra and Lloyd Irving. Either way, I can't imagine Namco shafting themselves again.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Hmm, the Switch DOOM Eternal release date announcement is imminent, just as rumors of a July Nintendo Direct intensify? Not that both would coincide but, if seen as subsequent events... #cacomallowisreal :2gud: Also, I'ma bank on the following predictions.

• CP7 = Geno
  • CP8 = Crash Bandicoot
  • CP9 = Doom Slayer
Predictions for CP10 and 11 right now are a bit rough.
imo, if all three will be in, i think Doomslayer should be CP8 and Crash CP9, in that way Geno comes with Mallow and Doomslayer comes with Cacodemon, also they would announce DoomSlayer with the Release date of the Eternal's port
BTW: In this way the Ultimate Hype would return

pinshadow

Smash Lord
I really don't get why people are still acting so hopeful in this thread for Rayman or Doomguy when both Ubisoft and Zenimax already got mii costumes in the last two packs. Seriously, if you believe that Geno's costume not coming back is a point in his favor, which most of this thread seems to think, then how can you look at those two things and think "oh that doesn't really matter, Doomguy is still coming". It doesn't add up.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I really don't get why people are still acting so hopeful in this thread for Rayman or Doomguy when both Ubisoft and Zenimax already got mii costumes in the last two packs. Seriously, if you believe that Geno's costume not coming back is a point in his favor, which most of this thread seems to think, then how can you look at those two things and think "oh that doesn't really matter, Doomguy is still coming". It doesn't add up.
They weren't Mii costumes for Rayman or Doomguy, so it means that they likely aren't ruled out. (we don't know for sure if Mii costumes mean that a character won't be added as DLC, but they've been treated as consolation prizes in the past)

Also, we got Capcom Mii costumes before Ryu was added to Smash (Mega Man X and Proto Man in pack 1, when Ryu was revealed alongside pack 2) when you'd think that they might save them to go with his reveal. Circumstances are different, considering that Mega Man was in the base game, but Smash DLC is largely unprecedented territory - we don't have a ton of past examples to go on, and this sort of thing has been wildly inconsistent. (you'd think that we would have gotten some Microsoft costumes with Banjo, for example)

At the very least, it's proof that the two companies are working together with Nintendo on Smash, which seems like a step in the right direction. There aren't any cases of this sort of thing in Smash 4; all of the Mii costumes in that game were from companies that were already working with Nintendo on Smash. (Ubisoft has some spirits in Ultimate, but Bethesda has nothing currently in Smash aside from the Vault Boy costume)

Last edited:

pinshadow

Smash Lord
They weren't Mii costumes for Rayman or Doomguy, so it means that they likely aren't ruled out. (we don't know for sure if Mii costumes mean that a character won't be added as DLC, but they've been treated as consolation prizes in the past)

Also, we got Capcom Mii costumes before Ryu was added to Smash (Mega Man X and Proto Man in pack 1, when Ryu was revealed alongside pack 2) when you'd think that they might save them to go with his reveal. Circumstances are different, considering that Mega Man was in the base game, but Smash DLC is largely unprecedented territory - we don't have a ton of past examples to go on, and this sort of thing has been wildly inconsistent. (you'd think that we would have gotten some Microsoft costumes with Banjo, for example)

At the very least, it's proof that the two companies are working together with Nintendo on Smash, which seems like a step in the right direction. There aren't any cases of this sort of thing in Smash 4; all of the Mii costumes in that game were from companies that were already working with Nintendo on Smash. (Ubisoft has some spirits in Ultimate, but Bethesda has nothing currently in Smash aside from the Vault Boy costume)
And I can't see them choosing to work with a company and randomly release stuff related to them when they plan on adding a character. Like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has said before, I don't think there's a single instance of a third-party being added with a non-character first and then getting a full-character later. They either go all in big or get consolation prizes.

Droodle

Smash Lord
Droodle Droodle who is John Harker?
He's another insider at resetera. It was mentioned in Nate/Grub's podcast that he stated a Nintendo Direct is in production currently after Kelios made his July direct tweet. He's not insanely specific about it as he's more of a Ubisoft insider rather than a Nintendo insider, and he never leaks the actual direct dates ahead of time. He didn't say that it was a July direct either, just that it is in production; but having 2 insiders state something is coming "soonish" is better than just 1.

Going back to Cacomallow, like I've stated before I think it's unlikely for a Cacodemon hat to come without anything related to Doomguy at all; and currently the patterns suggest that if a series isn't getting a/already has a playable character it typically just ends up getting 1 costume. I can't see Cacodemon getting a costume when Doomguy would likely be a much higher priority (if DOOM isn't playable). So to me either Doomguy is playable and Cacomallow is real, or Doomguy isn't playable and Cacomallow is fake. And currently a playable Doomguy's chances aren't looking great (although not impossible either).

Unless for whatever reason Doom ends up being a exception to the pattern (which may be the case) and both Cacodemon and Doomguy end up being costumes.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
And I can't see them choosing to work with a company and randomly release stuff related to them when they plan on adding a character. Like Fatmanonice Fatmanonice has said before, I don't think there's a single instance of a third-party being added with a non-character first and then getting a full-character later. They either go all in big or get consolation prizes.
That's fair. The way I see it, there's no way of any of us knowing either way, so we'll just have to be patient. (I question why they'd go to Bethesda just for a Mii costume from a series that has barely touched a Nintendo console, but I'm not sure if that's my bias towards Doomguy talking) Even if we don't get Rayman and Doomguy, it will be interesting to see what we do get, but it would be great to get the two of them.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
On this note, if one company ends up being an exception to this, I could maaaaaaaaaybe see it being Ubisoft but it could honestly just be that making Rayman into a Mii costume or hat would be awkward as holy hell. I entertained the idea because of the copyright stuff in the spring but I'm less confident in it now that Ubisoft has kind of done a half assed job of trying to hide a new Rayman game. Beyond that, Smash now has content from 8 different Western developers and it puts a hard spotlight on the bigger ones that haven't gotten something yet, especially Blizzard/Activision, especially now that Tencent is involved in Pokemon and Tencent owns a pretty sizable proportion of Blizzard/Activision. In Smash history, companies have always entered Smash with a bang and all the third party companies that wound up getting characters literally had the characters as the very first thing that came into Smash. Once again, not trying to be a hardass or gatekeep, just stating that's how they've done it up until and, honestly, it would be kind of weird if they made this backtrack exception for a Western company.

MattX20

Smash Hero
On this note, if one company ends up being an exception to this, I could maaaaaaaaaybe see it being Ubisoft but it could honestly just be that making Rayman into a Mii costume or hat would be awkward as holy hell. I entertained the idea because of the copyright stuff in the spring but I'm less confident in it now that Ubisoft has kind of done a half assed job of trying to hide a new Rayman game. Beyond that, Smash now has content from 8 different Western developers and it puts a hard spotlight on the bigger ones that haven't gotten something yet, especially Blizzard/Activision, especially now that Tencent is involved in Pokemon and Tencent owns a pretty sizable proportion of Blizzard/Activision. In Smash history, companies have always entered Smash with a bang and all the third party companies that wound up getting characters literally had the characters as the very first thing that came into Smash. Once again, not trying to be a hardass or gatekeep, just stating that's how they've done it up until and, honestly, it would be kind of weird if they made this backtrack exception for a Western company.
The fact Microsoft hasn't gotten any additional content (unless you really want to count Cuphead) in terms of Mii Fighter costumes is kinda telling, possibly even a double dip

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I don't really know... I'm probably going to get a lot of "Notorious leaker Fatman O'Nice creates children fight clubs" by saying this but lingering idea I've wanted to look into is Smash "Little League." I dunno. I was pretty competitively involved in Smash 4 and one thing I didn't like seeing was kids and preteens coming to tournaments with a bunch of college kids and adults and get smeared in their first round. Just sort of something that new players can get into, learn good competitive mentalities, and have fun while older players can act as coaches. I don't know how practical something like that would be but I feel like it's something that's needed.
Considering everything that has happened, having separate tournaments for kids and adults sounds like a good idea. It's not the only thing we should do to increase security and safety at tournies, but it's a step.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Love all of this, but I’m still caught up on a Mario Kart 9. I feel like it will cannabalize the sales of 8 Deluxe. I certainly wouldn’t be opposed to MK9, but from a business perspective, I would release it closer to the end of the Switch’s life cycle to try and push some extra units.

but hey, that’s why I’m a marine biologist and not a CEO. I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Also I think we are deeply underestimating the likelihood of Nintendo blindsiding us with a Mario sports title. Nate Drake said no to golf, but I’m thinking a Sports Mix or another Strikers entry will be coming eventually. Or even a Super Mario Party 2...we are about due for another Mario spin-off of unpredictable quality.
Another Strikers would actually be even better than MK9 imo.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The fact Microsoft hasn't gotten any additional content (unless you really want to count Cuphead) in terms of Mii Fighter costumes is kinda telling, possibly even a double dip
Exactly. Also, Microsoft doesn't own Studio MDHR and it's kind of like the relationship between Nintendo and the Pokemon Company: Pokemon could technically be on any platform they want but they choose to overwhelmingly be on Nintendo platforms.

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. Also, Microsoft doesn't own Studio MDHR and it's kind of like the relationship between Nintendo and the Pokemon Company: Pokemon could technically be on any platform they want but they choose to overwhelmingly be on Nintendo platforms.
Jeez they really are trying to get every "blow down the doors/break the internet" they can it seems. Just makes you wonder who else they got up their sleeves.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I don't think that both Doomslayer or Rayman will be at this FP2, but maybe if they decided to do more DLC, they will overthink about it. It's very probably that both Ubisoft and Bethesda had approached Nintendo before to include content from their IPs in Smash (preferably a playable character), and although I think that NOA or NOE have think of it as a great idea, its likely that either NOJ or Sakurai rejected both fighters. (basically lack of popularity in Japan)

But, Rayman and Doomslayer are becoming more and more requested in the west, so maybe, they will be reconsidered for a future occasion?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Anyone seen papagenos video he just dropped. What’s everyone’s thoughts
On the one hand, the Daisy glitches make me think that she's more being used for Reimu from Touhou, but as the video went on, a lot certainly seems to point at Geno. Now I'd absolutely love to see Reimu in Smash as much as Geno, but either way, it's looking good for both.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I think it's impossible to try and predict characters based on glitches. Min Min borrowed a lot from Captain Falcon of all characters, lol. I agree that Reimu and Geno make the most sense, but it could be anybody tbh

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
I don't disagree on your point on Studio MDHR, but, to pick at nits, I don't think Pokémon can be on any platform. Obviously the whole copyright of Pokémon and how much Nintendo owns is up in the air, but Nintendo does own a chunk of Pokémon since they helped fund Red & Blue. So while Pokémon on mobile is fine, I don't think Pokémon is able to put their games on rival platforms that Nintendo doesn't want them to be on.

(This doesn't devalue the point you're making or anything though. I just am nitpicking as I don't think Pokémon has that degree of autonomy.)

RingJ5

Smash Ace
I’ve said this before, but Cacodemon releasing with Vault Boy would have made perfect sense... yet they obviously couldn’t do that because it would confirm the Mallow hat as well.

For Cacomallow to be real and Doomguy to still be happening, Nintendo must have been working on costumes that spoil #8 five characters and nearly a year in advance, even after the one real Mii Costume leak that spoiled the Banjo costumes and the Mallow hat’s existence. While on the other hand, in the last update, Ubisoft got a great-looking costume that didn’t come with a song, and a hat, both from different series. But in this update, Bethesda got a great-looking costume that didn’t come with a song... and no hat.

It’s far more feasible that Cacodemon was intended for #6 all along.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
That would be Interesting to see Pokemon on other consoles, but I don’t believe it’s due to them supporting Nintendo out of loyalty. Nintendo owns at least 30% of the Pokemon company . I’ve heard as much as 33 in the past. But they have such a large stake in it they more than likely control it to the same extent as one of their own Ips.
They seem to own it more so than smrpg at least.

Last edited:

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
So, we've got a new visual glitch huh? Nice. I'm here to speculate and talk about who I think Daisy could be based on.

Before I start though, I am 100% a firm believer these glitches do mean something, because every character that has had glitches fit so well for characters we have gotten. Mii Swordfighter, Duck Hunt, Simon\Richter, and Bayonetta are painfully obvious bases for Hero, Banjo, Byleth and Min Min. As such, I do believe these glitches are something we should be on the look out for in the near future.

Anyways, if I had to make a guess on who Daisy could be based on, I am down to two options. The first character that could be based on Daisy could be Arle, since she looks very similarly to Daisy and Daisy's glitched out skirt easily resembles Arle's skirt. Daisy also has a glitch where she turns a different color, and in Puyo Puyo, all of the Puyo are different colors. Now, I have never played a Puyo Puyo game so this is just mindless speculation here, but maybe Arle changes a different color depending on a certain action with the Puyo? Like I said, I never played Puyo Puyo so I'm not sure if that could work.

The second character that I think could be based on Daisy is Reimu from Touhou. She just looks like she could be an easy base for Daisy since her skirt easily resembles Daisy's. She could also fall in line with the Daisy-crown glitch since her bow-tie could be something she could take off in like a taunt. Either way, she is another possibility too.

And to keep things Geno-related, I think the Daisy glitch could unironically work for Geno, since as shown in papagenos papagenos 's video, Geno has an animation where he takes off his hat whenever he uses honey syrup. Maybe this could be used as one of Geno's taunts or idle animations. Either way, I do think we should keep an eye out on this glitch, as well as Ness's eye glitch as well.

D

Deleted member

Is this about Daisy's legs? That was speculated to be a mod, others tried replicating it on the model itself and it didn't support it. Daisy isn't modeled under her dress normally.

Last edited by a moderator:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
From the papagenos' latest video, I have to say that the bit about the Tales 25th anniversary, when I saw the logo again my mind IMMEDIATELY sees it as a Smash character icon. It would fit perfectly.

As for the glitches with Daisy, dunno. Could be something random. Or maybe...

psst... Daisy is a flower. Guess where the Geno doll is first seen in SMRPG? Rose Town. :eek:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I haven't seen the Daisy Glitch yet

All I will say is that Reimu can also float like Daisy, well actually fly. But i have to take a look at this glitch

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Is there any explanation to why Marth's cape disappears as well? Is this achieved the same was as it is with Daisy?

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
Is this about Daisy's legs? That was speculated to be a mod, others tried replicating it on the model itself and it didn't support it. Daisy isn't modeled under her dress normally.
Hmmm yeah if Daisy’s legs aren’t actually modeled then this is a fake, a good old fashioned high effort fake leak in the year two thousand and twenty.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If I had to guess on the Daisy/Marth glitch, it's a clothes' physics thing. Going through the cast, Peach, Daisy, and Marth are the only characters with an article of clothing that "flows"/flutters and a piece of head gear that is static except in very specific situations/animations.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If I had to guess on the Daisy/Marth glitch, it's a clothes' physics thing. Going through the cast, Peach, Daisy, and Marth are the only characters with an article of clothing that "flows"/flutters and a piece of head gear that is static except in very specific situations/animations.
And Geno has a cape, which they could be using Daisy and Marth for physics references

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
What about Lucina/Roy/Chrom?

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
Daisy actually have legs modeled, but it's kinda hard to see. Here's a picture of her model in Blender (sorry if it's too big, idk how to post properly yet :c) Still, i have no idea why the dress is being cut in there, because her model doesn't have anything to "hide" that part. I guess the only explanation is something from the game engine or a mod...

(Btw, hi guys, i'm lurking most of the time, i just created a account to show the Daisy model lol I love Geno, hopefully he will be added.)

Edit: i have no idea if the picture is working, but here's the link https://puu.sh/G3p3C.png

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Daisy actually have legs modeled, but it's kinda hard to see. Here's a picture of her model in Blender (sorry if it's too big, idk how to post properly yet :c) Still, i have no idea why the dress is being cut in there, because her model doesn't have anything to "hide" that part. I guess the only explanation is something from the game engine or a mod...

(Btw, hi guys, i'm lurking most of the time, i just created a account to show the Daisy model lol I love Geno, hopefully he will be added.)

Edit: i have no idea if the picture is working, but here's the link https://puu.sh/G3p3C.png
Well, the extracted model will probably convince people more that she does have legs in her model normally

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I think the glitch theory stuff is just a Rorschach test. You see whatever you want to see based off these glitches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom