• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure what these pictures have to do with each other. And I'm pretty sure we've all learned from experience that it's pointless to try reading into Sakurai's silly pictures of the day.

Last edited:

Axelocke

Smash Journeyman
View attachment 277040
>star festival in japan
>look it up on google.wav
>July 7th
>it's real

UHH GUYS??
Right? That was basically my first reaction upon discovering the Star Festival's date, hehe.

Imagine being Nintendo, you have a pristine opportunity to reveal a highly anticipated legacy character from the Mario series, who just so happens to be connected to the stars, the Seven Stars, on the 7th day, of the 7th month, as the 7th dlc, as the 77th character on the day of the Star Festival.

Now to wait for a 50/50 radio silence on the seventh, or a very emotional moment.

If Geno comes to Smash, what would be the title of his trailer?
"The Stars Align!"

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
It's going to be an interesting July, that much can be said for this cycle of speculation

axel_

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't Tanabata being on 7/7 actually be an inconvenient time for Geno? Unless it's not as important as, say, Obon is for businesses, wouldn't they avoid doing a Direct/reveal during a big Japanese cultural festival?

QQS

Smash Lord
Honestly if Geno is not 7 then I could see him being another. It is just fun to think of a 'what if' scenario. Literally,
-Legend of the 7 Stars.
-7th DLC Fighter.
-would be the 77th fighter on the roster.
-could be revealed on 7/7.
-And that date is the STAR FESTIVAL in Japan

It would just be TO perfect and I am not expecting it.
This would be perfection. He is happening, hope also with this number 77.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Can I just say...this is what they do during the Star Festival/Tanabata

Tanabata, or the Star Festival, involves a Japanese tradition in which people write their wishes on small, colorful strips of paper (tanzaku) and hang them on the branches of a small decorative bamboo tree.

Its to perfect...do not count on it though.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
"GARGLE MY WOODEN STAR NARDS, HATERS. I'M IN SMASH, NEXT STOP, YOUR MOM"
Ah yes the popular Geno quote from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System

That's fair. Again, my point isn't that "Isaac fans were dumb for thinking he was in", because they weren't, and more that people got a bit caught up in the hype after K.Rool got in, and that included Geno.
To be fair Geno had the Anniversary tweet and the post from an official Nintendo artist saying that Geno had been discussed heavily at Nintendo which predated Ultimate's announcement by almost a year. Yeah, Ridley and K. Rool getting in were big red flags for fan favorites but at the same time SMRPG/Geno had more going for him than Isaac did in the same time period.

Uh guys
I think seeing things like this as hints for Geno makes our fanbase look a little coocoo bananas tbh

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
If Geno comes to Smash, what would be the title of his trailer?
Here's a few fun ones (I haven't really caught up to the thread so apologies if these are repeats or very similar to others):
"Authorized to Smash"
"His Spirit Awakens"
"On the Road Again"
Imagine if the trailer was called "Operation Starfall"

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I'm getting Daisy theory flashbacks looking at this tweet.

Oh yeah, Daisy totally was a stand-in for.... Byleth.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm not taking the Sakurai pic of the day thing as a hint. We've got plenty of other things to focus on

MisterMike

Smash Champion
For those who don't get what Geno Boost Geno Boost was sharing:
In Min Min's trailer, at the 2:18 mark, there's a section that shows Min Min and three other fighters duking it out. The other fighters are Banjo & Kazooie, Terry and Mega Man. Mega Man is the odd man out in this group, as the other three are DLC fighters and he is not. The post is suggesting that this is a hint towards Geno, because both he and Mega Man are blue guys who shoot energy out of their limbs.
The post further follows up with another theory. Mega Man was in Joker's shadowdrop trailer at around the 1:20 mark, and Mega Man appears in Min Min's trailer at almost exactly one minute past that.
Joker opened up Fighters Pass 1 and was followed up with Hero, so by that logic Min Min's trailer will follow up with Geno.

Basically, it's a crazy conspiracy theory.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
In Min Min's trailer, at the 2:18 mark, there's a section that shows Min Min and three other fighters duking it out. The other fighters are Banjo & Kazooie, Terry and Mega Man. Mega Man is the odd man out in this group, as the other three are DLC fighters and he is not. The post is suggesting that this is a hint towards Geno, because both he and Mega Man are blue guys who shoot energy out of their limbs.
The post further follows up with another theory. Mega Man was in Joker's shadowdrop trailer at around the 1:20 mark, and Mega Man appears in Min Min's trailer at almost exactly one minute past that.
Joker opened up Fighters Pass 1 and was followed up with Hero, so by that logic Min Min's trailer will follow up with Geno.

That's just crazy obviously it's actually hinting that the next character is a Capcom character because Mega Man is from Capcom and 1 minute is 60 seconds and the 60th fighter in Ultimate is Ryu/Ken who are also from Capcom :ultpacman:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
there’s only so much I can take before I start saying our boi is 100% in.
I need an announcement ASAP

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

Ah okay. I still think we should take this theory with a MASSIVE grain of salt, especially after The Daisy Theory.

T2by4

Smash Lord

We're going full Alex Jones again, aren't we?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Uh guys

im usually only a lurker and i can only call you out on this one dawg, that is silly and some chair theory ****

you have great enthusiasm but don't fall into such a gullible trap

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This guy also thinks there were clouds in K. Rool’s trailer that looked like and hinted at Banjo & Kazooie.

I really don’t like these sorts of theories, even as someone who was silly enough to fall for Chair Theory back in 2018 before I started taking speculation somewhat more seriously after experiencing people be jerks over it. I don’t think Sakurai hints like this...

The Ness glitch makes more sense to look at.

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman

Well, that works to understand it better. It is a pretty nice coincidence, but I'm fairly sure it's just that: a coincidence. It's not like stuff like this hasn't happened before. Don't get me wrong though, it'd be great if it was a hint.

Let Geno Smash

Smash Ace
Here's a few fun ones (I haven't really caught up to the thread so apologies if these are repeats or very similar to others):
"Authorized to Smash"
"His Spirit Awakens"
"On the Road Again"
Imagine if the trailer was called "Operation Starfall"
The first 3 Make sense, but a official nintendo video called like a change.org project, Can you imagine that? Or "The return of a StarSend Savior". I mean, NOA knows that the OP Starfall exist but is way to weird

Last edited:

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
Tanabata, or the Star Festival, involves a Japanese tradition in which people write their wishes on small, colorful strips of paper (tanzaku) and hang them on the branches of a small decorative bamboo tree.
Can't wait for Nintendo to pass up on this perfect opportunity like they do EVERY TIME AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MattX20

Smash Hero
It would be nice to get some kind of closure to our long waits for Geno after so many years

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
This guy also thinks there were clouds in K. Rool’s trailer that looked like and hinted at Banjo & Kazooie.

I really don’t like these sorts of theories, even as someone who was silly enough to fall for Chair Theory back in 2018 before I started taking speculation somewhat more seriously after experiencing people be jerks over it. I don’t think Sakurai hints like this...

The Ness glitch makes more sense to look at.
Chair Theory still makes me angry cause it means there's someone out there who genuinely thought purple and yellow plastic chairs looked good together and in that setting, and they're probably still out there to this day. Gives me conniptions.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I came across this image on Facebook of another weird Smash glitch. This one is of Min Min asserting her dominance [T-Posing] while in camera mode.

I know damn well this glitch is probably their because of some oversight with Min Min being a new character, but I thought it would be funny to share anyway.

FB_IMG_1593738458195.jpg

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man, I don't feel well. There has been a lot of drama and bad things going on about the Smash Bros. community and EVO, and I will not mention what is happening on here. I still want Geno, but aside from the Geno fan part, what has been going on has me feeling down for the moment.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Man, I don't feel well. There has been a lot of drama and bad things going on about the Smash Bros. community and EVO, and I will not mention what is happening on here. I still want Geno, but aside from the Geno fan part, what has been going on has me feeling down for the moment.
People are going out of their way to try prevent future crap like that from happening, there's hope for the future. That, and we should leave it at that and focus on the discussion of Geno and the rest of the Fighter Pass

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
People are going out of their way to try prevent future crap like that from happening, there's hope for the future. That, and we should leave it at that and focus on the discussion of Geno and the rest of the Fighter Pass
Yeah, I was hoping this would not go far here anyway. There is hope for the future of course.

What is there about Geno that we can talk about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom