• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
There's also the possibility that Sakurai doesn't want to take a break, be it just because he loves his job or also that it helps keep him busy instead of fretting over the virus. I mean, he admitted that his lunch breaks, where he doesn't need to do work, was spent by him playing Smash.

And actually, the workload now for DLC should be a fraction of the work needed for a full game, right?

Mizzle

Smash Cadet
Rex already has a Mii costume and I know that doesn’t deconfirm completely but I think it definitely decreases their chances by quite a bit. 
Sakurai has said before that there were originally no plans for further DLC after FP1. Rex's Mii Costume was added as a bonus for FP1 because Sakurai wasn't able to include him as a full character. When he did end up bring able to add more characters, he decided to add Min Min- another character that Sakurai had said he would have added if he had the time. If Sakurai really wanted to add Rex, which he said he has, I don't think a consolation prize Mii Costume is going to stop him. Granted, I feel like Rex would be the sole exception to this rule though, due to his weird timing in all of this. FP2 was greenlit around 2019's E3, so pretty much any Mii Costume beyond that has no chance, imo.
I also think Ryu Hayabusa will end up being a Swordfighter Mii costume.
Hayabusa is too big to just be relegated to a Mii Costume, imo. It's the same reason why we didn't end up getting Master Chief with Banjo or Steve, or someone like Sora or 2B alongside Hero. And when you take in to account how close Nintendo and Koei Tecmo are, it's even less believable to think that Koei Tecmo's mascot would just be given a consolation prize.

BUFF MY PUFF

Smash Apprentice
keep in mind, these numbers came out just before the Steve reveal

If there’s any character that’s going to bring in potentially millions of people to smash, it’s Minecraft. It’s over 10 years old at this point yet somehow is getting increasingly popular these days with youtubers and speedrunners like Dream
More like dream manhunt videos, period

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
You guys say Sakurai should take a well deserved break and I think so too but then you hear from the latest famitsu article says Sakurai is really excited to show the next 4 characters and can’t wait. Does that sound like he’s tired of developing for Smash Bros because I think he might want to keep the hype train going into a possible fighters pass 3. I wouldn’t be surprised at that point.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hayabusa is too big to just be relegated to a Mii Costume, imo. It's the same reason why we didn't end up getting Master Chief with Banjo or Steve, or someone like Sora or 2B alongside Hero. And when you take in to account how close Nintendo and Koei Tecmo are, it's even less believable to think that Koei Tecmo's mascot would just be given a consolation prize.
Vault Boy and Atlair are just Mii's, and they are bigger than Ryu Hayabusa is.

Griselda

Smash Lord
I think the whole 'Sakurai needs to take a break/retire' thing is influenced by reports of him working himself sick or temporarily losing the use of his arm, etc.
That isn't because he has too much on his plate, but rather because he as a person doesn't go about handling it well. I've heard that overworking is a Japanese cultural thing, before.

In my opinion, people also tend to feel that Smash is a 'gift' that's being given freely, that Sakurai is pouring his blood into this just for the fans.. But that's not accurate. Sure, he can enjoy seeing positive reactions, but this is still official work under Nintendo. I feel that there's no need for Sakurai to take a year(s) long break or step down, since this is his job and he's getting paid for it. What he actually needs is some sort of therapy or self help to get him to balance his job and his health properly.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
So big i've never heard of him.
That really doesn’t say anything to be honest. I’ve talked about Dragon Quest so many times when people ask what games I like/what games I’m playing at the moment and they have no idea what I’m taking about.

Regardless, I could see Ryu Hayabusa going either way as a playable fighter or a Mii.

Last edited:

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
"As we reported in June..."

*****! We've known about the four extra character slots since January 2019! Get the **** outta here with that...
Wow, since we are here, I REALLY want to establish this to you guys.

Fatman has been crying out to you all about bonus characters since OG 2019, maybe even before that.

Outside of this website, I have been talking with friends about how Vol 3 is basically guaranteed because of how successful Vol 1 was so long as Vol 2 is successful, then they dropped ****ing STEVE before they have even reveal a hard-core fan pick yet. It's something I have been talking about for months outside of this site, but I brought it up in early last month.

"But Forsaken!" I hear the pessimists rallying in the distance, "There is no way that a company can get more than one character per Fighter's Pass, so there is no way Chief is happening because Vol 2 the last we will ever get for Ultimate!"

Well first off, this is just a silly fan rule, and we ALL KNOW what has happened to silly fan rules all through Ultimate. In fact, Ultimate is just a wild *ing ride in which everything we try to make sense of gets blown the * back and we are just left standing around like 'woah...what just happened?' Of course, if Nintendo and Sakurai willed it, any company could have more than one character in a single pass, ESPECIALLY if that company is Nintendo themselves.

More importantly, this leads into something I've been wanting to talk about on this thread since July, which is the probability of a Fighter's Pass Vol 3. You may find some whisperings about it either now or in the very near future from persons you may find more credible or worth believing in, but remember that it was I with aid of the Brotherhood of Shadow who argued for the evidence of a second pass in July of last year and everyone doubted me then too. I'm just setting the record straight here that in my private circles there has been talk about bonus characters for months on end but I was one of the first I could see in speculation that had the facts and the gall to talk about a third pass.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, I'm talking about a third pass already existing or being greenlit for Smash Ultimate just after we got the second character of six from the second pass. You can think however you wish, but I have my reasons and I've done my fair share of digging. When I was talking about working on a meme video, specifically when I told @Serenade01 that this video would now make him the butt of a joke in it because of his illogical Smash argument he made at that time, I was referring to a video that made mention of a third pass. I will still be working on said video but I will hold onto it and release it when the third pass is confirmed.

If anyone cares to hear my reasons on why I think a third pass is coming, feel free to let me know via quotes or the like and I'll get right into working on a post covering the details.
This is coming from the same person who worked out the probable time-line for Vol 1, mingling it with Fatmanonice Fatmanonice speculation to pin point things more accurately, and who called us getting more DLC and a whole new pass months before they dropped Vol 2.

Are we leakers? No, we are not. We are just critical thinkers. We obtain information and do our research and come to conclusions based off of that. When the entire market for fighting game DLC is multiple passes for the same game despite that game being years old, providing both old favorites and new characters, and that market has been INCREDIBLY successful and now Nintendo has felt that success and Ultimate came out very early in the Switch's life cycle?

Don't be surprised if Ultimate gets content until the Switch hits the end of it's life cycle. It could easily end before that, but they have a gold mine here.

Also, don't let the 'four slots left' thing convince you we can only get four more characters. That IS a possible reality, but it's also a reality that they can patch in more slots at any point they may be needed.

Mmm, feels good. I can feel the Genovember air Geno Whirling through my hair!

BUFF MY PUFF

Smash Apprentice
That really doesn’t say anything to be honest. I’ve talked about Dragon Quest so many times when people ask what games I like/what games I’m playing at the moment and they have no idea what I’m taking about.

Regardless, I could see Ryu Hayabusa going either way as a playable fighter or a Mii.
I can see him as a Mii, easy. Fighter, unlikely. (googled him)

link2702

Smash Champion
I honestly don't want a 3rd. not just cuz I do feel sakurai needs a break, but also cuz....Ultimate is already a balancing nightmare. Add more characters and it'll only be even more difficult.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
As someone who loves Sakurai and thinks of him as the absolute greatest video game designer ever, I do have to agree that it doesn't make sense for Sakurai to take a break or quit. Yes, he pours his blood, sweat and tears in to these games and yes, he has injured himself from working so much, but as Griselda Griselda said, its his job. He gets paid thousands upon thousands of dollars doing what he does and he makes a living doing what he does. It is a shame to see him injuring himself, but I feel in Sakurai's mind, the pain is worth it because of the absolute satisfying payoff.

Now I'm not saying I think we're getting more after the second Pass, because I'm personally pretty skeptical about that, but I don't think Sakurai will quit just because he works too hard. At the very least, I think Sakurai could take a vacation for about a month, but I don't see him quitting his job just because of the amount of work he does.

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Oh great, the “Sakurai needs a vacation!!” Argument again.

it’s almost like he ENJOYS working on Smash and making people happy.

Do guys think of him as some sort of prisoner of Nintendo? Because that’s not true at all. He’s likely had multiple oppurtunities to step away from the series at this point yet he chooses not to because it makes him more happy to continue to make others happy.

He knows his job is a one in a million oppurtunity and he wants to take full advantage of it. I respect him for whatever he decides to do.

He’ll take a vacation when he wants to take a vacation, ease up on him.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Oh great, the “Sakurai needs a vacation!!” Argument again.

it’s almost like he ENJOYS working on Smash and making people happy.

Do guys think of him as some sort of prisoner of Nintendo? Because that’s not true at all. He’s likely had multiple oppurtunities to step away from the series at this point yet he chooses not to because it makes him more happy to continue to make others happy.

He knows his job is a one in a million oppurtunity and he wants to take full advantage of it. I respect him for whatever he decides to do.

He’ll take a vacation when he wants to take a vacation, ease up on him.
I agree a bit too. Nintendo didn't force him to make Fighter's Pass 2, he chose to work on it. If he felt like it was too ambitious, he would of likely stepped back. If Fighter's Pass 3 happens, he will work on it on his own accord. Nintendo won't force him to work on it. We'll see what happens though. We have 4 characters and several months of speculation left anyhow, and if they do like they did with FP1 we won't know about more DLC until likely #80 or even #81.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Boy, I've never seen so many odd and anti-consumer (and anti-self in this case) takes like this.

First off, Sakurai would likely have some sort of short break setup. Even if he didn't, it's already been made clear that the workload on him is significantly lighter than with previous games, and on top of that DLC is much less intense overall. He's shown nothing but happiness and an eagerness to make this edition of Smash the best there ever will be, and his health seems very well, so there is nothing to worry about for Sakurai at this point.

Secondly, just because you don't have personal attachment to a character or don't know about them, doesn't mean that character doesn't have a legacy behind them. Remember that Dragon Quest isn't nearly as big in the West as it is in Japan and yet it CLEARLY has a huge legacy, and never forget that the Smash/Nintendo community isn't the even remotely close to the best when it comes to being an expert on characters with a legacy as so many thought Terry was a literal who. Thus, characters like Hayabusa who have lost modern relevance but are iconic for a certain era of gaming have just as much of a chance as another character, frankly more so since Sakurai seems to value legacy and history of gaming when it comes to character choices.

Also, just because YOU don't know who they are and think they aren't important doesn't mean they will be a costume or something. Historically, the low information speculators in the Smash community have been making pretty bad calls, like...

• Thinking Ken Debug Leak was fake.

• Falling for The Grinch Ruse.

• Believing Hitagi when they said that Granblue was getting into Smash.

• Giving any credibility to Style Savvy.

• Thinking other SNK characters LEGITIMATELY had a chance over the Ryu of SNK when a simple Google search would tell you otherwise.

• Actually thinking Boing~ Boing~ Terry would have a chance as an alt.

• Thinking that Dante was #75 because Capcom announced a SEPARATE announcement on the same day as the mystery character announcement and somehow not being able to realize this could break NDA and ruin the big surprise if true.

• Thinking that PNGs in the game at launch had no chance to be playable even though DLC was still ongoing.

• Thinking Heihachi legitimately had a chance to get into Ultimate despite it being on record he was denied in Smash 4 due to Tekken being to complex to move over Smash, with even very competitive Smash players complaining about the inputs for Ryu, Ken and Terry and Tekken goes WAY beyond that, and that Lloyd was always the lead choice for another Bamco rep.

• Thinking a Pokemon will get in because the richest media franchise in the world needs representation, despite only ever getting new Pokemon reps in the base game outside of one who was the most-requested returning veteran, generations getting skipped over in the past, and TPC being weird about DLC outside of their own IPs.

• Bouncing from character to character when a new game is announced. I'm looking at you, Monster Hunter Rise, you sexy looking beast you!

• Most recently, thinking Travis was in (with some even thinking he was #77) because Suda had VERY RECENTLY changed his tune even though characters with around his level of popularity and status haven't really broken past the costume threshold.
Yeah, the track record for those who do little research hasn't been very great.

Meanwhile, there are many of us here who have done research and thus far we've either been right (like with Hero and Banjo) or on the right track when we are wrong (like with Min Min and Steve), and it's this track that leads us to characters like Geno and Crash being VERY likely as well as a third pass likely in the works. This path has also lead us to believe that Hayabusa is a real possibility, due to how buddy-buddy they have been (with Legend of Dynasty: Thousand Year Blood War being very recent proof of this) and the fact that he keeps cropping up in addition to rumors of him sparking up at the right time to match and the possible alleviation of an aviary ally. Add in his NES legacy and being one of the last big names of that era, and you got a recipe for being extremely likely.

Lastly, there is this weird sudden aversion to getting more content in a game that we all love and I can't for the life of me understand why that is. Like, why would you have any reason to debate against getting more content into the game that you love, especially one of such a high caliber with a dev team so great as Ultimate?

Balance is a horrible excuse as no game that lets you pick from multiple characters who function differently will ever be truly balanced. All you can do is your best, but in the end there will be characters that are just flat out better than others, a fact of life as it were. Thus, refusing more content on this basis is silly.

Then I saw this weird take about getting echo fighters for 'The Last Four Slots'. To start off, this is a narrative: we are not limited to only four more characters about Vol 2, as they can update the code to include more slots if needed. The next part is acting as if echo fighters are acceptable as paid content, forget the whole fact that Sakurai said there would be no echo fighters for DLC and that having echo fighters as DLC goes against his design philosophy to bring something unique with each Challenger Pack. I don't understand this new wave of thought in which it is acceptable to pay for a low-effort product, but it has taken over gamers as a consumer base it would seem. Sword & Shield, Fallout 76, Kingdom Hearts 3, Anthem, Sea of Thieves, No Man's Sky...we live in a gaming culture right now where it's fine if AAA studios give us low-effort content for the maximum price when smaller devs work their asses off to give us something great for much less and we have living proof of amazing effort from AAA studios like God of War, FF7R and Ghost of Tsushima...and it just makes no sense at all.

So, why on Earth would you propose paying money for at best the next Ken or Chrom and at worst the next Daisy when this community still complains about Isabelle and Dr. Mario? Why pay $5.99 for a rehashed character when you can have more content like have had with Ultimate?

In the words of DistantKingdom, don't accept less - fight for more!

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Boy, I've never seen so many odd and anti-consumer (and anti-self in this case) takes like this.

First off, Sakurai would likely have some sort of short break setup. Even if he didn't, it's already been made clear that the workload on him is significantly lighter than with previous games, and on top of that DLC is much less intense overall. He's shown nothing but happiness and an eagerness to make this edition of Smash the best there ever will be, and his health seems very well, so there is nothing to worry about for Sakurai at this point.

Secondly, just because you don't have personal attachment to a character or don't know about them, doesn't mean that character doesn't have a legacy behind them. Remember that Dragon Quest isn't nearly as big in the West as it is in Japan and yet it CLEARLY has a huge legacy, and never forget that the Smash/Nintendo community isn't the even remotely close to the best when it comes to being an expert on characters with a legacy as so many thought Terry was a literal who. Thus, characters like Hayabusa who have lost modern relevance but are iconic for a certain era of gaming have just as much of a chance as another character, frankly more so since Sakurai seems to value legacy and history of gaming when it comes to character choices.

Also, just because YOU don't know who they are and think they aren't important doesn't mean they will be a costume or something. Historically, the low information speculators in the Smash community have been making pretty bad calls, like...

• Thinking Ken Debug Leak was fake.

• Falling for The Grinch Ruse.

• Believing Hitagi when they said that Granblue was getting into Smash.

• Giving any credibility to Style Savvy.

• Thinking other SNK characters LEGITIMATELY had a chance over the Ryu of SNK when a simple Google search would tell you otherwise.

• Actually thinking Boing~ Boing~ Terry would have a chance as an alt.

• Thinking that Dante was #75 because Capcom announced a SEPARATE announcement on the same day as the mystery character announcement and somehow not being able to realize this could break NDA and ruin the big surprise if true.

• Thinking that PNGs in the game at launch had no chance to be playable even though DLC was still ongoing.

• Thinking Heihachi legitimately had a chance to get into Ultimate despite it being on record he was denied in Smash 4 due to Tekken being to complex to move over Smash, with even very competitive Smash players complaining about the inputs for Ryu, Ken and Terry and Tekken goes WAY beyond that, and that Lloyd was always the lead choice for another Bamco rep.

• Thinking a Pokemon will get in because the richest media franchise in the world needs representation, despite only ever getting new Pokemon reps in the base game outside of one who was the most-requested returning veteran, generations getting skipped over in the past, and TPC being weird about DLC outside of their own IPs.

• Bouncing from character to character when a new game is announced. I'm looking at you, Monster Hunter Rise, you sexy looking beast you!

• Most recently, thinking Travis was in (with some even thinking he was #77) because Suda had VERY RECENTLY changed his tune even though characters with around his level of popularity and status haven't really broken past the costume threshold.
Yeah, the track record for those who do little research hasn't been very great.

Meanwhile, there are many of us here who have done research and thus far we've either been right (like with Hero and Banjo) or on the right track when we are wrong (like with Min Min and Steve), and it's this track that leads us to characters like Geno and Crash being VERY likely as well as a third pass likely in the works. This path has also lead us to believe that Hayabusa is a real possibility, due to how buddy-buddy they have been (with Legend of Dynasty: Thousand Year Blood War being very recent proof of this) and the fact that he keeps cropping up in addition to rumors of him sparking up at the right time to match and the possible alleviation of an aviary ally. Add in his NES legacy and being one of the last big names of that era, and you got a recipe for being extremely likely.

Lastly, there is this weird sudden aversion to getting more content in a game that we all love and I can't for the life of me understand why that is. Like, why would you have any reason to debate against getting more content into the game that you love, especially one of such a high caliber with a dev team so great as Ultimate?

Balance is a horrible excuse as no game that lets you pick from multiple characters who function differently will ever be truly balanced. All you can do is your best, but in the end there will be characters that are just flat out better than others, a fact of life as it were. Thus, refusing more content on this basis is silly.

Then I saw this weird take about getting echo fighters for 'The Last Four Slots'. To start off, this is a narrative: we are not limited to only four more characters about Vol 2, as they can update the code to include more slots if needed. The next part is acting as if echo fighters are acceptable as paid content, forget the whole fact that Sakurai said there would be no echo fighters for DLC and that having echo fighters as DLC goes against his design philosophy to bring something unique with each Challenger Pack. I don't understand this new wave of thought in which it is acceptable to pay for a low-effort product, but it has taken over gamers as a consumer base it would seem. Sword & Shield, Fallout 76, Kingdom Hearts 3, Anthem, Sea of Thieves, No Man's Sky...we live in a gaming culture right now where it's fine if AAA studios give us low-effort content for the maximum price when smaller devs work their asses off to give us something great for much less and we have living proof of amazing effort from AAA studios like God of War, FF7R and Ghost of Tsushima...and it just makes no sense at all.

So, why on Earth would you propose paying money for at best the next Ken or Chrom and at worst the next Daisy when this community still complains about Isabelle and Dr. Mario? Why pay $5.99 for a rehashed character when you can have more content like have had with Ultimate?

In the words of DistantKingdom, don't accept less - fight for more!
Good points! I honestly think Fighter's Pass 3 has a good chance of happening, though I could see it having 4 or 5 slots instead of 6 again, though I would not object 6. Gives me more chances for my other most wanted(s) after Geno to get in.

I do think Geno will be in FP2, not a hypothetical FP3.

Peeton

Smash Journeyman
NNID
starwolfe
Sakurai has said before that there were originally no plans for further DLC after FP1. Rex's Mii Costume was added as a bonus for FP1 because Sakurai wasn't able to include him as a full character. When he did end up bring able to add more characters, he decided to add Min Min- another character that Sakurai had said he would have added if he had the time. If Sakurai really wanted to add Rex, which he said he has, I don't think a consolation prize Mii Costume is going to stop him. Granted, I feel like Rex would be the sole exception to this rule though, due to his weird timing in all of this. FP2 was greenlit around 2019's E3, so pretty much any Mii Costume beyond that has no chance, imo.

I find it interesting that people say Ryu Hayabusa is too big to be relegated to a mii costume. Heihachi is one of the most recognizable Tekken characters and he’s a costume. Tekken is a worldwide phenomenon, there are pro players from all over the world including Korea, Pakistan, and places in Africa. Saying a character is “too big to be a costume” isn’t a good point imo. And don’t say “but he was a smash 4 costume so it’s different.” Same applies to that game. Lloyd from tales? King K? The monster hunters?

D

Deleted member

I find it interesting that people say Ryu Hayabusa is too big to be relegated to a mii costume. Heihachi is one of the most recognizable Tekken characters and he’s a costume. Tekken is a worldwide phenomenon, there are pro players from all over the world including Korea, Pakistan, and places in Africa. Saying a character is “too big to be a costume” isn’t a good point imo. And don’t say “but he was a smash 4 costume so it’s different.” Same applies to that game. Lloyd from tales? King K? The monster hunters?
I think this idea of "too big to be a Mii Costume" comes from a general supposition that this time they're not turning "fan favorites" into Mii costumes, only characters who "never stood a chance", as it should have been from the get go. This is an idea peddled by certain people within this thread and I don't necessarily fault them for it since it hasn't necessarily been disproved... Yet.

For what it's worth though, I think characters like Zero and Travis are "fan favorite" enough that making costumes for them is at the very least a nasty look if not still a slap in the face. 7 thousand threads on /v/ per day doesn't necessarily prove that K. Rool was any more of a requested character for a spot in Smash than the most popular Mega Man character, just that Rool's fans are very dedicated to ****posting.

At least Zero had the excuse of being an assist trophy and already having a costume so why not bring it back for extra cash, but Travis fans got done dirty. Absolutely anyone can end up as a soulless Mii costume and coming up with reasons they can't be one is just as bad as coming with reasons a character can't be a fighter. It's all a coin toss at the end of the day, and the result is heaven or hell, no in between.

Skull Leader

Smash Cadet
Look at it from a little different view.

How they're approaching Smash Ultimate's development is a lot different from Melee, Brawl, and 4. I think they have built in "relax time" for Sakurai and the team over the course of the DLC development where it runs out to about the same as if he worked on it nonstop for 8 months and then took 4 months off. It probably leads to better balancing and an overall superior product if you come into the middle stretch with some rest here and there than if you throttled it on burnout.

It would also allow them more focused time to fine tune technical stuff like Byleth's weapons, Min Min, or Steve's mining at the tail end of a character without going with an easier kit to hit a deadline.

I think that was the underlying agreement between Sakurai and Nintendo that the cycle for Ultimate would be longer but with built in time off (even one day every 2 weeks is generous) to prevent the fatigue and burnout. He seems to be having a lot more fun with Ultimate than he did with 4 especially, and that is possibly a result of this schedule that has been relaxed just enough to not be breakneck.

drewber2635

Smash Cadet

I can see your point with Rex, but I don't agree with Ryu. He hasn't had a mainline game since 2012 so I wouldn't say he's too big to be religated to a mii costume. I feel like he falls in the same category as Travis Touchdown. Popular but still not added as a fighter. Koei Tecmo will get a character but I think it's far more likely to be Impa from AoC as koei Tecmo is developing that game and Nintendo is pushing it hard. And also because it's been forever since we've had a new Zelda rep.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Hayabusa isn't too big to be Mii'd by any means.
In saying this I'm not trying to argue he's not big enough to be fighter.
Both realities are feasible.

The same publisher is working on a new Hyrule Warriors, which I could easily see Nintendo wanting a new fighter from over that.
No one would be upset to see a new Zelda rep (that isn't yet another iteration of the same character pls don't do this Nintendo).

There would be a lot of support for that and then we could beat up Impa with Geno.
That's a win-win in my book.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I can see him as a Mii, easy. Fighter, unlikely. (googled him)
Just because you're unfamiliar with a character, it doesn't mean that they aren't likely to be a fighter. That's the sort of mentality that's used when people dismiss Geno by saying that he'd be "perfect" as a Mii costume because they either aren't familiar with the character or they want someone else as a Square-Enix character.

GenoDoge

Smash Journeyman
Hayabusa isn't too big to be Mii'd by any means.

The same publisher is working on a new Hyrule Warriors, which I could easily see Nintendo wanting a new fighter from over that.
No one would be upset to see a new Zelda rep (that isn't yet another iteration of the same character pls don't do this Nintendo).
Would love to see Skull Kid get in. Probably one of my most wanted first party characters.

But yeah, Hayabusa is not too big to be a Mii IMO when other big characters have been.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Coming from probably the biggest Hayabusa fan on this site, Hayabusa is not too big of a character to be relegated to a Mii costume. If characters like Vault Boy and Altaïr are getting relegated to Mii Costumes there’s nothing to suggest Ryu can’t.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
Aside from Geno, I'd be okay with Hayabusa, Lloyd, Shantae, Rayman, Crash, Dante, Phoenix Wright, Professor Layton, KOS-MOS, Master Chief and Doomslayer as far as third party picks are concerned.
If anyone from that list was in the remaining four I would be ecstatic.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Okay, it appears that Nintendo's going to be posting Age of Clam Chowder updates on their Twitter account (at least NOA) up until release. We could still see something this week or on the week of the 16th regarding FP8 though so don't throw it out just yet

StarLight42

Smash Lord
Okay, it appears that Nintendo's going to be posting Age of Clam Chowder updates on their Twitter account (at least NOA) up until release. We could still see something this week or on the week of the 16th regarding FP8 though so don't throw it out just yet
it's not a good sign though. Especially considering they're planning on pinning AOC related tweets for a little while, which means you can pretty much write off this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom