• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTF

Smash Journeyman
I've realized at this point that being a "leaker" has nothing to do with actually having sources and is just 100% about acting like an overconfident jackass. No matter how wrong you continuously are, you'll still get the support of people who are half paying attention and idiots who believe everything they read.
You, my good person, just explained YouTubers that make videos saying "GET WOKE GO BROKE! Sources say [Sony, Square Enix, Marvel, etc.] are in panic mode because [Last of Us 2, FF7 Remake with Tifa's not as cartoonish proportions, Captain Marvel, etc.] are disasters that aren't selling!" every time no matter how wrong they are & people that follow them in a nutshell.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
My insider information tells me that Geno is character 77 and that I have great hair.
Hey, everyone knows those comments about your great hair are mere leaker bait to cover up the compliments about my great beard.
Little do you know that both compliments about your hairs were leakbait I made up in order to trip up fake leakers! YOU HAVE BOTH BEEN EXPOSED! TURN IN YOUR LEAKER BADGES NOW, PEONS!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
My insider sources tell me Geno will be Fighter 7, and in the same trailer there will be Fighter 8, who are actually Fighters 8-10, which are the Cutie Mark Crusaders acting as a tag team. Because of this, there are actually 13 characters in Fighters Pass 2 and three of them are in one pack.

Also the music that plays in the trailer is a cover of Rawest Forest with lyrics sung by Sweetie Belle
1598058042605.png

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Without me getting too public about it, yeah, if you have sensitive gaming information, you typically don't go on Twitter and drop absolutely everything you know. The employment of you/your colleagues is more important than internet points for most decent people.
That's also why there's kind of been a quiet agreement about not spoiling certain things because the integrity of letting people enjoy certain surprises definitely outweighs e-cred, e-fame, whatever. I wanted to share a story with you all about one of the assumed dead franchise revivals:

It was last summer and "Sabi's Circle" was beginning to feel the gravity of what had happened at E3 2019. Sabi leaked most of the presentations (later shown to have stolen the info from VRPlant) and very publicly got in a huge amount of legal trouble over it. Because Sabi was no longer allowed to openly talk about Nintendo stuff, his interest in us evaporated. He almost never visited anymore and it was the elephant in the room that we had all been used to boost his e-fame. It was hard to decide what to do going forward. The whole Starling thing happened and it was so vague I didn't see the harm in sharing it, not checking to see if I could. Obviously that caused problems, one of which was Sabi coming in to the chat, demanding to know what the starling meant and then leaving when the NoA ambassador admitted they didn't know for sure. This kept up for awhile until early August or so when a dead franchise revival rumor fell into our laps...

Everybody had their own thoughts on it but it was kind of like finding a palette of gold bricks on your sidewalk. If real, it was pretty much an instant ticket e-fame and I think we all recognized it but, like Banjo, we also understood that it would be supremely ****ty to leak it. The Nintendo fanbase deserves to have the secret even if it wound up fake. Of course, upon it being brought up, Sabi suddenly took an interest in the chat again:

(Actual photo of his arrival)

211-2118767_swag-muscle-man-muscle-man-cartoon-regular-show.png

He then proceeded to accuse us of keeping it from him, demanding more details and it's legitimacy. "Bro, it's coming back?! Why didn't anyone tell me!?" There wasn't much to back it up being real at the time so it didn't take much for several members to convince him to back off and that's pretty much the day his interest in any of us flat out died. From there Sabi's online behavior became more irratic and you all know the rest of the story.

As you guys know, I've been chronicling a lot since late 2018 and I don't let go of rumors until they're outright disproven and that approach has already paid off. As I keep saying, video games are complicated projects and stuff can take awhile to come to fruition and I think a good amount of it will fairly soon. Based on all this, given the kind of stuff that I and the other members of Sabi's circle have had access to, it's kind of scary to think that any of us could have become just like Sabi. I won't lie, the temptation was definitely there. When harassment has gotten particularly bad, I've debated doing public dumps just to be rid of it. People have hated me for my vagueness but if I wasn't, I would be just like Sabi, which is why my social media presence is microscopic too. I don't want money, I don't want fame, I just want to share cool stuff with cool people when I can because news droughts suck and at 32 sometimes having literally anything to look forward to makes a world of difference.

In the long run, my approach has cost a lot. I'm a pariah and I literally can't post outside of this thread without someone trying to chase me out. My past relationships with the mods and admins on this site have pretty much gone scorched Earth. My 14 year history here has been made pretty much irrelevant outside the Geno fanbase. Lost about 22 pounds last fall because the harassment got so aggressive once I started using Discord. The question remains however, would I do it again? I would say yes. I feel like keeping certain things like the dead franchises secret has been worth it and, again, as a Midwestern university custodian with a Master's, it's a weird honor to have found myself entrusted with these sort of things. To paraphrase one of my contacts "to have the trust of people who are told to trust no one because of their job is a small miracle."

Frustrations and all, I'd like to thank you all for sticking around. Geno's return has been a story 24 years in the making and I'm happy to have you all as part of it whether you've been a part of it for decades or mere months. I pretty much locked in Geno as coming last July when he was MIA in Hero's presentation and I know my often brazen confidence gets on people's nerves but it's comforting seeing more and more like minded people as we (hopefully) approach the finish line. So (hopefully) only one more week to go and then we can all really celebrate together. Thanks again.

MattX20

Smash Hero
That's also why there's kind of been a quiet agreement about not spoiling certain things because the integrity of letting people enjoy certain surprises definitely outweighs e-cred, e-fame, whatever. I wanted to share a story with you all about one of the assumed dead franchise revivals:

It was last summer and "Sabi's Circle" was beginning to feel the gravity of what had happened at E3 2019. Sabi leaked most of the presentations (later shown to have stolen the info from VRPlant) and very publicly got in a huge amount of legal trouble over it. Because Sabi was no longer allowed to openly talk about Nintendo stuff, his interest in us evaporated. He almost never visited anymore and it was the elephant in the room that we had all been used to boost his e-fame. It was hard to decide what to do going forward. The whole Starling thing happened and it was so vague I didn't see the harm in sharing it, not checking to see if I could. Obviously that caused problems, one of which was Sabi coming in to the chat, demanding to know what the starling meant and then leaving when the NoA ambassador admitted they didn't know for sure. This kept up for awhile until early August or so when a dead franchise revival rumor fell into our laps...

Everybody had their own thoughts on it but it was kind of like finding a palette of gold bricks on your sidewalk. If real, it was pretty much an instant ticket e-fame and I think we all recognized it but, like Banjo, we also understood that it would be supremely ****ty to leak it. The Nintendo fanbase deserves to have the secret even if it wound up fake. Of course, upon it being brought up, Sabi suddenly took an interest in the chat again:

View attachment 283059

He then proceeded to accuse us of keeping it from him, demanding more details and it's legitimacy. "Bro, it's coming back?! Why didn't anyone tell me!?" There wasn't much to back it up being real at the time so it didn't take much for several members to convince him to back off and that's pretty much the day his interest in any of us flat out died. From there Sabi's online behavior became more irratic and you all know the rest of the story.

As you guys know, I've been chronicling a lot since late 2018 and I don't let go of rumors until they're outright disproven and that approach has already paid off. As I keep saying, video games are complicated projects and stuff can take awhile to come to fruition and I think a good amount of it will fairly soon. Based on all this, given the kind of stuff that I and the other members of Sabi's circle have had access to, it's kind of scary to think that any of us could have become just like Sabi. I won't lie, the temptation was definitely there. When harassment has gotten particularly bad, I've debated doing public dumps just to be rid of it. People have hated me for my vagueness but if I wasn't, I would be just like Sabi, which is why my social media presence is microscopic too. I don't want money, I don't want fame, I just want to share cool stuff with cool people when I can because news droughts suck and at 32 sometimes having literally anything to look forward to makes a world of difference.

In the long run, my approach has cost a lot. I'm a pariah and I literally can't post outside of this thread without someone trying to chase me out. My past relationships with the mods and admins on this site have pretty much gone scorched Earth. My 14 year history here has been made pretty much irrelevant outside the Geno fanbase. Lost about 22 pounds last fall because the harassment got so aggressive once I started using Discord. The question remains however, would I do it again? I would say yes. I feel like keeping certain things like the dead franchises secret has been worth it and, again, as a Midwestern university custodian with a Master's, it's a weird honor to have found myself entrusted with these sort of things. To paraphrase one of my contacts "to have the trust of people who are told to trust no one because of their job is a small miracle."

Frustrations and all, I'd like to thank you all for sticking around. Geno's return has been a story 24 years in the making and I'm happy to have you all as part of it whether you've been a part of it for decades or mere months. I pretty much locked in Geno as coming last July when he was MIA in Hero's presentation and I know my often brazen confidence gets on people's nerves but it's comforting seeing more and more like minded people as we (hopefully) approach the finish line. So (hopefully) only one more week to go and then we can all really celebrate together. Thanks again.
It's been an honor and a privilege

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045

View attachment 283059

I don’t know if anything can make up for the **** the Internet has put you through, but thanks for sticking around. It’s super surreal to think, but we might finally be at the end of the line.

QQS

Smash Lord
5F5EB4AB-2AA8-4BD5-B258-4BCA35CF8F0D.jpeg

THIS MAN IS COMING! GENO IS ______G coming to SMASH playable very soon I know, I feel it, I breathe it.

Sorry, I can’t control how perfect is SMRPG, the music and this character.

GENO AWAKENS!
GENO COMES FROM THE STARS!
GENO ALIGNS INTO BATTLE!
GENO RESURRECTS!
GENO WAKES UP!
GENO JOINS THE ULTIMATE PARTY!

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

This is happening, I was and still a 100% on him playable since the release of Smash Ultimate first DLC.

Credits on the photo to alemerltoucanet

TTF

Smash Journeyman
There's 14,000,605 different futures, each with different outcomes and characters for Fighters Pass 2.

We won't know for sure until next week... but hopefully we're on the one path where Geno is included.
"I looked forward in time. I saw 14,000,605 futures."

"And how many of those has Geno in Smash Bros Ultimate?"

"One."

14000605.jpg

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
So as you all know, I've had a Switch for just under a month now, and I have to say it's been weirdly bittersweet as an experience.

First off, no TV, which means only handheld mode as the propped up mode just seems off to me.

Secondly, call me an elitist, but I'm very used to using a Gamecube controller for Smash. So playing handheld Smash with something that is or at least feels heavier than a 3DS is also odd.

Thirdly, I've been getting the Wireless experience, and sometimes it gets pretty awful.

And lastly...boy, either I'm not as good as I remember or I was never really all that good because the loss streak is real. Certain Lvl 9 CPUs seem like they been eating their veggies and are input reading like crazy, my current friend groups I play with are either baby easy because they just want a good time or they make ME feel like the baby, lag or no lag. Add in my recent dipping of toes into Quickplay and I found out how ****ing garbage it is. My first ten matches and I already hit teabagging scum suckers, Joker players who think they are better than they really are because they have an overloaded character, Ness and Samus players who spam and only use a collective of five moves, and rounding it up with a consistent laggy experience and I had to swear off Quickplay within my first sitting. Being a :ultkingdedede: player only made the whole experience that much worse, but between :ultgnw: and :ultincineroar: being my only other options, I think it was going to be a rude awakening regardless.

The single player experience has been amazing though. Making stages, looking at people's creations, trying different rulesets and Classic Mode has all been great. I plan on getting into World of Light when I have real time to just sit down and get invested in it, as I'm one of the few who loves the whole Spirits mechanic.

It's weird because, I was always hoping to get Ultimate and play it for the longest time, and now that I have it for some reason it's not as grand as I once thought. Perhaps I will change my mind after I get my hands on the DLC.

Griselda

Smash Lord
“The Super Mario 35° Direct is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes...”

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos
It's amazing how the Super Smash Brothers symbol is so simple, but carries so much weight behind it that as soon as you see it, you instantly know exactly what it means and what's going to happen.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
“The Super Mario 35° Direct is over and we’re left on a shot of the stars. We hear “GENO AWAKENS” slowly fade in as a star drops to earth. We see the star fly through many different locations from Mario RPG, until it eventually finds the Geno doll. The doll gets up slowly as we see a glimmering Smash ball in his eyes...”

Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos
I've always been partial to a slow burn reveal that doesn't even end with showing us Geno. I'd be so down for something like this.

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
I have a message too!

We're in the endgame now, bros. Geno's coming!
60/40 odds in favor of Geno being in smash. Along my friends, I've seen as a fool for such odds.
I know hell is full of lukewatm people. Still, 60/40 seems probable.
19 years of waiting for geno(in smash).
There's a ☆□?!man waiting in the sky...
So as you all know, I've had a Switch for just under a month now, and I have to say it's been weirdly bittersweet as an experience.

First off, no TV, which means only handheld mode as the propped up mode just seems off to me.

Secondly, call me an elitist, but I'm very used to using a Gamecube controller for Smash. So playing handheld Smash with something that is or at least feels heavier than a 3DS is also odd.

Thirdly, I've been getting the Wireless experience, and sometimes it gets pretty awful.

And lastly...boy, either I'm not as good as I remember or I was never really all that good because the loss streak is real. Certain Lvl 9 CPUs seem like they been eating their veggies and are input reading like crazy, my current friend groups I play with are either baby easy because they just want a good time or they make ME feel like the baby, lag or no lag. Add in my recent dipping of toes into Quickplay and I found out how ****ing garbage it is. My first ten matches and I already hit teabagging scum suckers, Joker players who think they are better than they really are because they have an overloaded character, Ness and Samus players who spam and only use a collective of five moves, and rounding it up with a consistent laggy experience and I had to swear off Quickplay within my first sitting. Being a :ultkingdedede: player only made the whole experience that much worse, but between :ultgnw: and :ultincineroar: being my only other options, I think it was going to be a rude awakening regardless.

The single player experience has been amazing though. Making stages, looking at people's creations, trying different rulesets and Classic Mode has all been great. I plan on getting into World of Light when I have real time to just sit down and get invested in it, as I'm one of the few who loves the whole Spirits mechanic.

It's weird because, I was always hoping to get Ultimate and play it for the longest time, and now that I have it for some reason it's not as grand as I once thought. Perhaps I will change my mind after I get my hands on the DLC.
Get a tv and the gamecube adapter. Me,I love the pro controller. It feels so good. You should definitely put your friend code in your profile/signature.

Such a shame that Nintendo doesn't host servers or does rollback netcode.

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 283059

I hope it all comes true too. Judging by the gigaleak we had last month, I would say a lot of secrets are held close to Nintendo's chest so tight they never leak and those that do become rumors can turn out to be real (Luigi actually was playable in beta Mario 64, existence of a prototype Super DK game that Miyamoto was working on before DKC rained on his parade, Star Fox 2 being a much more ambitious game like was suspected, all the scrapped Pokemon, etc)

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
View attachment 283072

THIS MAN IS COMING! GENO IS ______G coming to SMASH playable very soon I know, I feel it, I breathe it.

Sorry, I can’t control how perfect is SMRPG, the music and this character.

GENO AWAKENS!
GENO COMES FROM THE STARS!
GENO ALIGNS INTO BATTLE!
GENO RESURRECTS!
GENO WAKES UP!
GENO JOINS THE ULTIMATE PARTY!

GENO SHOOTS FOR SMASH!

This is happening, I was and still a 100% on him playable since the release of Smash Ultimate first DLC.

Credits on the photo to alemerltoucanet
I've said it before, but my ideal reveal is framing all of the big requests as wishes to the stars, and Geno is the final wish

GENO GRANTS YOUR WISHES!

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
A bit off topic but from time to time, I watch the Banjo reveal trailer and other related videos and I remember how happy I was at that moment after the Hero reveal bummed me out. There are other choices that would make me even happier and I hope to god I get at least one of them but even if I don't, I'll at least have Banjo.

QQS

Smash Lord
Geno officially confirmed in Smash will bring up so many good stuff:

-End of this long Fan Demand

-A very beautiful CGI with a revival of Geno after his 24 years old only playable game on SNES in 1996.

-Beautiful and first official 3D HD modeled art style of Geno

-Very nice addition in terms of moveset: new mechanics (Timed Hits)

-Very nice music addition, probably new remixes by Yoko herself

-Very pretty stage with many SMRPG cameos

-Epic reference to SMRPG in the Classic Route (should I say Geno’s Route?)

-A new adorable Kirby’s hat

-Extra stuff that all characters have like the cheers of the audience, the Boxing ring name, new spirits, Wallpaper at the end of Classic mode, and how the announcer pronounce his name.

-SMRPG finally ported to the NSO (it’s already on the Wii VC, Wii U VC and packed in the Mini Snes)

-30 to 45 minutes explanation of Sakurai talking about the bridges created between Nintendo and Square with SMPRG and how to use Geno. Also, telling jokes about him probably being #7

-Maybe future plans on reusing Geno in other games or remakes

-Geno officially in the Hall of Fame of Nintendo among Banjo-Kazooie, Mega Man and other characters heavily associated/born with Nintendo.
-An eternal smile to his faithfully fans like us and all worldwide Geno fans. A sense of satisfaction and permanent goosebumps and tears of joy.

-A big lesson to all detractors. It’s daily dose on Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. People always mocking Geno. A big slap in the face just like with The Never Evers.

-The last piece of the cake. We (the new and old fans) can breathe in peace about his inclusion. Even if I’m active here since a year ago, I love Geno since I was 6 years old and been wishing for him since Smash 64 (from my home and with my friends). Then on Melee. Then since Brawl with the heavy Geno campaign, then the Half broken heart with the costume and now 100% sure he is in playable in Ultimate.

This wish is going to be granted when GENO AWAKENS!

A Masterpiece character in every aspect. For me, the perfect and biggest MUST character. A few more also like Crash (who is happening also with Crash4 ported), Isaac, Lloyd, Dixie, Bandana, Skull Kid, Sora, Rayman.

Griselda

Smash Lord
A bit off topic but from time to time, I watch the Banjo reveal trailer and other related videos and I remember how happy I was at that moment after the Hero reveal bummed me out. There are other choices that would make me even happier and I hope to god I get at least one of them but even if I don't, I'll at least have Banjo.
I still come back to the K Rool reveal trailer from time to time. I didn't (and still don't really) know much about or have any real connection to K Rool, but that trailer always instantly gets me hyped, just as it did back then.

SmashKeks

Smash Ace
I'm sure this doesn't need ot said because by and large we all know this, but reminder that it's entirely possible Geno doesn't happen in whenever the next reveal is. Reminder not to get too upset or complain in every Smash circle on the internet too loud or put anyone down and generally just act obnoxious if we don't see your starsent savior soon.

On to lighter topics, there's a stage idea that's been jumbling around in my mind that I feel like is seriously slept on. Everybody seems to agree that with Geno would probably come Mushroom forest or Star Hill as a stage, but imo both areas seem a little barebones and boring, and not entirely representative of SMRPG as a game. So, I posit, as Geno's stage, Bowser's Castle. Now hear me out: For one thing, it's apallling that Smash doesn't have a dedicated Bowser's Castle stage to begin with, from any Mario game, but secondly, SMRPG has one of the most unique castles in the entire Mario franchise. Imagine a stage on the roof where you can run along the upper bridge and towers, and jump on Exor's large sword pommel and fight on the tip of the sword hilt. In the background could be an overlook of the entire SMRPG map, where you can see in the distance Booster Tower, Marrymore, Star Hill, Seaside town, etc. The immediate background could have cameo appearancs from other SMRPG characters like Mallow, the Lakitu bus that takes you to Bowser's Castle, maybe some of the unique Smithy Gang bosses given an HD touch up, etc. Hazards on could see Exor as a boss where you have to smack his eyes around a bit to temporarily incapacitate him as he shoots lazers and stuff at you (I forget his attacks tbh.), whereas hazard off could just see him sit there and watch the player battle.

So, yeah, of all the locales in SMRPG not directly related to Geno, but best to represent why we love this game, I'd go all in on SMRPG Bowser's Castle. Maybe Sakurai could be cheeky and call the stage "Exor's Castle" or something.

J. Bond

Smash Journeyman
Everybody is saying the Direct is next week. (Chris Scullion, Brazil, NateDrake who claims to be 100% certain there's a Direct next week; Brazil was the first to clarify that the announcement is on the 17th, Nate also knew so) So very likely it is the Direct itself to be on Friday or Thursday/Friday, not its announcement. Announcement possible as soon as Monday.

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this doesn't need ot said because by and large we all know this, but reminder that it's entirely possible Geno doesn't happen in whenever the next reveal is. Reminder not to get too upset or complain in every Smash circle on the internet too loud or put anyone down and generally just act obnoxious if we don't see your starsent savior soon.

On to lighter topics, there's a stage idea that's been jumbling around in my mind that I feel like is seriously slept on. Everybody seems to agree that with Geno would probably come Mushroom forest or Star Hill as a stage, but imo both areas seem a little barebones and boring, and not entirely representative of SMRPG as a game. So, I posit, as Geno's stage, Bowser's Castle. Now hear me out: For one thing, it's apallling that Smash doesn't have a dedicated Bowser's Castle stage to begin with, from any Mario game, but secondly, SMRPG has one of the most unique castles in the entire Mario franchise. Imagine a stage on the roof where you can run along the upper bridge and towers, and jump on Exor's large sword pommel and fight on the tip of the sword hilt. In the background could be an overlook of the entire SMRPG map, where you can see in the distance Booster Tower, Marrymore, Star Hill, Seaside town, etc. The immediate background could have cameo appearancs from other SMRPG characters like Mallow, the Lakitu bus that takes you to Bowser's Castle, maybe some of the unique Smithy Gang bosses given an HD touch up, etc. Hazards on could see Exor as a boss where you have to smack his eyes around a bit to temporarily incapacitate him as he shoots lazers and stuff at you (I forget his attacks tbh.), whereas hazard off could just see him sit there and watch the player battle.

So, yeah, of all the locales in SMRPG not directly related to Geno, but best to represent why we love this game, I'd go all in on SMRPG Bowser's Castle. Maybe Sakurai could be cheeky and call the stage "Exor's Castle" or something.
I made a post about Bowser's Castle too! Nice to see somebody else sees what I see in the potential for that stage to come with Geno

Everybody is saying the Direct is next week. (Chris Scullion, Brazil, NateDrake who claims to be 100% certain there's a Direct next week; Brazil was the first to clarify that the announcement is on the 17th, Nate also knew so) So very likely it is the Direct itself to be on Friday or Thursday/Friday, not its announcement. Announcement possible as soon as Monday.

Again, I wouldn't be surprised if it's announced the day before. If it doesn't get announced by Wednesday then everybody's wrong, but I would give it until then

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Everyone know those little spirit board backgrounds which no one but Sakurai, me and 4 other people pay attention to? What would Geno's be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom